Becton Dickinson & Company Employee Reviews in United States

Great corporate medical product company.
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sandy, UTFebruary 10, 2016
BD is a leading medical product company. They manufacture everything from complex diagnostic instruments to cell culture media to billions of disposable medical devices.
Great peers and colleagues to work with
Not Applicable (Current Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJMay 26, 2016
Peers and colleagues are great to work with. Management too often stressed and burdened subordinates with same stress. Unprofessional management and need better defined roles on do's and don'ts of management. ie: management does not gossip or whine to subordinates
Pros
Flexibility on start and leave times or working remotely
Cons
Wrong management in place
Hard work is a must to succeed in this company
Associate Scientist (Former Employee) –  Sparks Glencoe, MDSeptember 9, 2015
Workload is very demanding and staffing is short. You are routinely supposed to take on more and more responsibility which in turn results in long hours, sometimes extending into the weekend. You are allowed to work OT, which really helps boost your salary.
Pros
Approved overtime
Cons
Very demanding workload
Working with the line is fun and enjoyable.
Medical Line Assembler (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 28, 2016
I love my work as a Medical Line Assembler. There's teamwork to reach the daily goal and we have a happy, hardworking group. The work area is comfortable and the company provide all the materials that we need. My lead/supervisor is very helpful.. I have gained knowledge working with this companyand I am so grateful for.
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Columbus, NEFebruary 19, 2016
Fast pace job, great hours and management. Always help when it's needed. They train you well so you're comfortable at doing the job on your own.
Accounting is my way of life
AR ANALYST (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 11, 2015
Life is full of numbers and by working in accounting I have learned to see the number everywhere. Good thing I love numbers and I would not know what to do without them. Give me a puzzle and let me solve it. I am really good at researching an issue back to the beginning and resolving the problem.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Management is sometimes missing in action.
Great Company
QA Stability Leader (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCJuly 28, 2015
Excellent management and development
Competitive compensation and benefits
"Can Do" Culture
Supportive Co-workers
Culture of Empowerment
Very stable company with great values
Business Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCMarch 14, 2016
BD is a great company with great values. Upward mobility can be slow, but the environment is great. The people who work at BD, both on the shop floor and in the front office, are some of the best and most dedicated people I have worked with.
Pros
Great environment with a great work force
Cons
Upward mobility was slow
Fun and family orietnted
Manager Finance (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHFebruary 25, 2016
CareFusion. Everyday work was a blast even during the crunch times for month end close. We all worked together as a single unit even though we had 4 separate departments. Our motto was to 'Not say "NO" it cannot be done but to say "Let Me See What I can Figure Out". Making us use our talents to create potential opportunities for process improvements and overall good flow for the company.
The Associates are wonderful
Documentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 10, 2015
A wonderful company culture & environment. BD Biosciences takes the mission of consistently providing superior products and services worldwide to help all people live healthy lives. BD maintains an effective quality system which complies with regulatory requirements.
Great place to work.
QC Lab Tech/QA Assoc (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCApril 8, 2016
The typical work day is routine work. There are many applications, software and processes to learn. The hardest part of the job is the travel from Durham to Burlington everyday. I have learned that when you have good help, you should keep them. My co-workers are hard working and love their job.
Benefits
Cons
Transitions of employee's.
Very focused enviroment
Quality Inspoection Technician (Former Employee) –  Torrington, CTMarch 28, 2016
A typical day would be walking into the company and being informed of what section i will work in. After finding out where i would work i would perform whatever duties is needed. Those duties would include unwrapping syringes, replacing syringes, and separating products.
Pros
quite enviroment
Cons
Hard to fill quotas.
Dangerous Sharps
DATABASE PROGRAMMER (Former Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJJanuary 20, 2016
BD sells syringes which are dangerous and lead to needlestick injuries, creating a huge danger for people in the medical profession who deal with patients and sharps. The insulin syringes they sell are infinitely reusable and are the sole reason why HEP-C spreads in the US. Also, their products kill approximately 1,000,000 people globally on a yearly basis and they do nothing to improve the safety of the products they sell in the 3rd world.
Pros
Nice corporate campus
Cons
You won't be able to sleep at night
Nice company to work for advancement
Production Lead (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCApril 27, 2016
Daily operations run smoothly most days. If any issues arise, management and co-workers are part of the resolution. Hardest part of this job was keeping staff at capacity. The most enjoyable part of this job was the many personalities of my co-workers.
Good Company
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJMay 26, 2016
Becton Dickinson is a good company to be employed with. Their compensation package is higher compared to other companies in the New Jersey area. Culture is a family type environment with pleasant co-workers.
Not family friendly
Tubemill operator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, NEMay 26, 2016
Great place to work for certain people. Younger people without families and want to make great money it is a good job. People with familes dont get much time off.
Pros
Pay benifits
Cons
no time off
Over worked and room for advancment.
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  SCAugust 15, 2015
Management could use an overhaul. 12 hour work days leave no room for a life. And some co- workers can be trusted as far as you can throw them.
Pros
Cons
short breaks and no room for advancement
Great Co-workers
Sterilizer/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Columbus, NEMay 23, 2016
I had so awesome co-workers that I worked with. The Job wasn't to bad either. There is a lot of paperwork and you need to pay attention to detail. But other wise the people are good to work with.
Great place to work!!!
Clinical Product Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 6, 2016
Best part of my job is customer interactions!!! Conduct frequent Voice of Customer sessions and Focus Groups which enable us to develop customer focued products!!!
Not a great place to work
Tool Crib Attendant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, NEJuly 7, 2016
Management at BD usually has someone in mind before they post a job. Management is very closed minded. BD's doesn't promote from within much. Negative morale.

Becton Dickinson & Company Reviews by Location