Becton Dickinson & Company Employee Reviews

Typical production job
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, NEAugust 31, 2017
I worked at Becton Dickinson for about three years and then decided to get an education and went to college to become a nurse. The work here was redundant and I got bored with the repetitiveness. I need to interact with people and talk, this was the hardest part of the job we were not suppose to talk to one another just sit next to each other and work. The pay and benefits are great.
Na
Sr SAP PP, QM and LE Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 29, 2017
Becton, Dickinson and Company (BD) is an American medical technology company that manufactures and sells medical devices, instrument systems, and reagents. Founded in 1897 and headquartered in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey, BD employs nearly 50,000 people in more than 50 countries throughout the world.[2] In fiscal year ending September 30, 2009, 60% of BD sales were generated from non-U.S. markets.

The company's customers include healthcare institutions, science researchers, clinical laboratories, the pharmaceutical industry, and the general public. BD was one of the first companies to sell U.S.-made glass syringes. It was also a pioneer in the production of hypodermic needles. Today, BD is divided into three segments: BD Medical, BD Diagnostics, and BD Biosciences.[3] BD is ranked #336 in the 2014 Fortune 500 list.[4]
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
excellent environment
Sr Design Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 24, 2017
I like BD the way quality department work is highly professional, There is good work life balance,
The managers are good team leaders and supportive
But as I was a consultant have to move after project get completed
Pros
Good people, Nice management
Cons
fast pace requirements
Career Advancement in politics
None of your bussiness (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 22, 2017
This is just for The office in San Diego. The pimp aka ***hol3 who runs the show is playing politics and promoting people with no sense of performance reviews and the works they have done. More over this person Outsourcing everything to the max So this jerk can claim his shaitty credits with BD goal. while we worker bees are doing all the hard work and overtime get the positions outsource. Good job For putting this dumb butt person in management guys. Well done keep doing the good job.
Pros
Healthcare and promotions based on politics or out of nowhere
Cons
No direction and complete taken over
Growing company, inclusive management, many opportunities
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 17, 2017
This company has grown tremendously through acquisitions and has proactive and effective management. It presents many opportunities to take on new responsibilities and advance. Many people stay on for their entire career. The job is professionally and financially rewarding.
Pros
casual dress, collaborative environment, presence all over the world
it's an ok company
Manager, Global Dispensing RFPs (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 17, 2017
good company but they don't recognize loyal employees and they bring in contractors so they can pay them less than current employees. They lay off people who make high salary to replace them with lower paid individuals.
Productive and understanding workplace
Fixed Asset Accountant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 14, 2017
This job is flexible and understanding in reference to work/life balance. Fixed Asset Management has been unsteady for the past two years. Advancement is seldom in General Accounting. Inclusion and Diversity is becoming a focus at this work environment. Hardest part of the job is being recognized for accomplishments. Most enjoyable part of this job are the friendships that are created.
Pros
Monthly birthday celebrations, flexible work/life balance
Cons
recognition of accomplishments, lack of F.A. Team Lead support
The people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJAugust 10, 2017
We were a team and we all worked together to get the job done. We all enjoyed our jobs and there was comradery amongst us. We would help each other at every opportunity.
Pros
We had everything you could ask for on-site; cafeteria, bank, laundry, store, fitness center, covered parking, health center (with doctor/nurse)
Cons
none!
very stressful place to work for millenials
Quality Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Cayey Municipio, PRAugust 8, 2017
no work-life balance, management says that the work has to be done even if it takes overtime. Management encourages you to give ideas or continuous improvement but are not willing to implement the ideas because they are have been working the same way for so long that they are afraid of changes.
Pros
good benfits for permanent employees
Cons
Management is old school
great company
Customer Support Representative III (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 8, 2017
learned how to multitask under pressure answered many phone lines and used a dual screen CPU it was fun and stressful but in a good way i enjoyed working here
Quick paced warehous job
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Sparks, MDAugust 7, 2017
Job is very fast paced, and a lot of lifting is required. Salary started at 15.50 an hour I believe, not sure what the starting salary is as of now, but the benefits were the best I've had, and very affordable. Came in the door with 3 weeks vaca, and 5 -6 floating holidays along with sick time, which, imo, was the best perc. Supervisors were easy to deal with, and schedule was steady, you are either morning, night or overnight shift. Only reason for me leaving was for more money, otherwise I wouldve stayed.
Pros
Gym, Cheap benefits, 3 weeks starting vaca time.
Cons
Salary
Hard working and very friendly people
Summertime employee (Former Employee) –  Broken Bow, NEAugust 7, 2017
A typical day at work is fun and enjoyable. The people are always nice to hang around and they are very kind and polite. They are good with new employees and will help each other out when they need it. The work environment is enjoyable. The machines run good and you don't have many problems running them, and the work environment is clean. They keep the place nice and clean all of the time and when you are done working you clean up around the machines if there are tubes that have fallen out of the tube bins. Management is also good. I've learned though to not argue with your fellow employees because you spend more time arguing about what to do if there is a problem, rather than fixing it. They do run things smoothly though. They are always on top of things, they make sure we are working in a safe environment and they always look out for their employees. The hardest part of my job was paperwork. The paper work is a crucial part of working in the plant and if the paperwork was wrong the whole order was wrong. If there was a mess up on the paperwork, and it had been sent off to another machine, you had to track it down to fix what you messed up on the paperwork. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the people there. My fellow employees made work fun and enjoyable and they always kept the day lively even when it seemed long. I will miss working with them the most.
Pros
free lunches, paid lunch breaks
Cons
very hot, and loud, not a lot of room to work
Company has changed considerably from when I started
IT (Former Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJAugust 7, 2017
When I first started at BD it was a great place to work and learn. As the years went on, constant changes in management led to constantly shifting priorities and abandoned initiatives. Organizational structure was constantly shifting in IT. Most recently, most all of IT has been outsourced.
Pros
People, learning, benefits, work/life balance, compensation
Cons
No job security if you're in IT.
Great Place to work
Audio Visual Specialist (Current Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 7, 2017
Great Place, Good People. There is no perfect job, But I'm pretty sure that we can make a change, a difference. But is not the case, Wish they care more about their employees.
An Inspiring Workplace
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJAugust 1, 2017
A typical day was a tight schedule. I learned to be self reliant from the laissez-faire management style. The workplace culture was welcoming. The hardest part of the job was the commute. The most enjoyable part of the job was the sense of accomplishment from getting to use the knowledge I acquired in university,
Information Technology
PC Deployment Technician (Former Employee) –  Sparks, MD 21152July 30, 2017
I worked there for 22 years prior to layoff and the exit package was loaded with financial considerations. All I.T. jobs are outside contractors.Good place to work.
Pros
Good pay and great benefit.
Cons
No job security in I.T.
Cool place to work
Summer Associate (Former Employee) –  New City, NYJuly 27, 2017
I was only there and a remote engineering summer associate while I was volunteering in Rwanda. The people there are very cooperative and excited about the work that they are doing.
Work Life
Senior HR Assistant / BDU Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 25, 2017
Coworkers are amazing. Like that we had a peets coffee on site, didn't like that we had to pay for everything.

Loved that you can take a train to work and free shuttle.
Pros
cafeteria
Cons
no stock for employees below managment
Decent Workplace
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 21, 2017
Typical work experience for a FDA-regulated position. This is a big company so there is a lot of big company issues. You tend to disappear in a sea of workers. Lots of outsourcing.
Pros
You can wear jeans!
Cons
Feel like a cog in a wheel
Great Company
Intern (Current Employee) –  NCJuly 21, 2017
Highly recommended company that specializes in great quality products that benefit it's customers. The impact that their products have on the people that are directly affected are overwhelming. This is definitely a company that is worth looking in to if any interests in the company.
Benefits
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Becton Dickinson & Company. Our community is ready to answer.