Becton Dickinson & Company

Becton Dickinson & Company Employee Reviews in United States

BD Great place to Grow
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 12, 2015
BD is a solid ethical company. No one will every ask you to do something that might be unethical. In San Diego there are few employers that provide such a solid place to work.
Accounting is my way of life
AR ANALYST (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 11, 2015
Life is full of numbers and by working in accounting I have learned to see the number everywhere. Good thing I love numbers and I would not know what to do without them. Give me a puzzle and let me solve it. I am really good at researching an issue back to the beginning and resolving the problem.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Management is sometimes missing in action.
Everything you ever want but don't
Strategy Intern (Former Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJOctober 26, 2015
Accenture is a great place to work if you're in the right project and have the right manager. If not, it will be bad. I was there before the changes made to performance review. So not sure if the change made it better. But before, everything depends on your manager.
Boss who is only concerned about his advancement
PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJOctober 22, 2015
Great company but the culture supports lengthy tenures with unskilled staff, who say always, "this is the way is has been done in the past"
slave
Assembly Associate (Former Employee) –  Holdrege, NEOctober 20, 2015
slave work, rotational shifts 12am on 12pm off for two weeks. the switch to 12pm to 12 am shifts. Never get settled always tired no family life
Long Hours/ Fun enviornment
Lift Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Four Oaks, NCOctober 10, 2015
Safety 1st
It's all in what you make it
Supervisors will work with you
Non Union
Decent Pay
May ask you to work overtime
Will train you on forklift and pallet jacks.
Care alot about numbers
Fast paced
May work weekends with a 48 hour courtesy notice
Pros
Clean, meet demands
Cons
One 30 minute break
Productive enviroment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Columbus, NEOctober 8, 2015
Was and intern and entered data and reviewed glass syringes for glass particles. The hardest part of the job was finding the glass particles compared to plastic particles. I really enjoyed this job because of the data input system I had to learn.
excellent fortune 500 company
Strategic Account Manager (Former Employee) –  mid atlantic areaOctober 6, 2015
Management position eliminated during a merger. Excellent company to work for 19 years. Culture of continuous improvement to patient outcomes and ongoing research and development
Pros
ethical company
Cons
merger cost management positions
good place for career advancement
Senior Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJOctober 5, 2015
Work load is high but you have access to great number of latest technology. You can advance your career when you have access to many technologies. Since this is a global company, you will end up working off hours to meet deadlines. The communication between management and workers need to improve . We always hear changes from word of mouth. By the time they announce, the news is already old. The people are nice to work for. Hardest was to meet deadlines when the company was down sizing
Pros
career advancement
Cons
work/family life balance is difficult
Hard work is a must to succeed in this company
Associate Scientist (Former Employee) –  Sparks Glencoe, MDSeptember 9, 2015
Workload is very demanding and staffing is short. You are routinely supposed to take on more and more responsibility which in turn results in long hours, sometimes extending into the weekend. You are allowed to work OT, which really helps boost your salary.
Pros
Approved overtime
Cons
Very demanding workload
PRODUCTION ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCSeptember 8, 2015
A very productive company that allow their employees an opportunity to apply for other positions. A workplace where I learned a lot about team work and communicating together to get the products packaged and moved.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
hard work, different experience, committed,work team,regulatory procedures,work as a team work
EHS Assistant (Current Employee) –  PRSeptember 8, 2015
I typical day at work have alot of things to do. I have develop alot of different experiences in differents position in the plant . I have multiples rolls at the plant working with alot of people on the manufacturing looking for opportunities with continuos improvement ,including safety with ergonomics program ,5"s, also working with engineers, the quality people and working with the material team on the different part inventory ,FIFO , etc.
Pros
opportunities in the company
Great place to work and you are always learning new things.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 6, 2015
BD is a great place to work. You go to work knowing that your helping people with the products that the company produces. Management was all ways supportive and concern about our safety. At times we had unscheduled deliveries which made use work a little harder, but my co-workers always gave me the help I needed to complete the job. We all learned it always better to work as a team.
N/a
Banbury Mill Operator (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCSeptember 3, 2015
Work as a temp for hire the pay was great. But if you are going there as a temp do work in the rubber department. It is one of the worst departments in the plant. The manager and supervisors will not give you a honest answer but we hire people who come in after you. Then tell you they are looking for a place to put you. They treat their temps as if they are not people but numbers that they need to keep a track on.
Pros
money
Cons
Rubber department
Positive work environment
Sales Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJSeptember 2, 2015
I enjoyed the freedom that I was given to work my territory. There training was excellent and it helped me to keep my sales and marketing tools sharp.
Pros
Good training and positive people
Cons
Product line wasn't updated quick enough to keep up with market
professional work place
press operator (Former Employee) –  sumterscAugust 26, 2015
great job good pay hard work great benefits very professional and long works hours but its very clean and nice place to work for someone with no kids 12 hour shift is alot
It was a different line of work for me but the experience help me to move on
Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 25, 2015
Doing pm's on machine, getting SAP certifited, conducting inventory, and multitasking. Work with a lot of helpful people and pleasant co- workers. My only problem was supervisor's constantly changing no structure.
Pros
taking care of your own machine, profit sharing
Cons
A global company undergoing major changes
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJAugust 19, 2015
A global company undergoing major changes. The company has many very nice people and was generally a nice place to work.
Material Handler
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Holdrege, NEAugust 18, 2015
The work environment was good and the people treat you like family. The pay and benefits are great. Lots of room for advancement. Never had a problem with management.
Pros
pay, benefits, people
Cons
12hr shifts
In charge of Stereolithography machines.
Senior Stereolithography Operator and Technician (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCAugust 17, 2015
Managed, scheduled, and executed actions to build customer requested prototype parts. Assisted in finishing of parts builds, shipping and final customer billing practices.

Becton Dickinson & Company Reviews by Location