BECU Employee Reviews

Loved every minute of the BECU experience
Sr. Member Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, waSeptember 19, 2017
Every day I came to work, I walked into a branch filled with people who I loved working with, and people who cared about my success, and vice versa. I loved that every day I got to really help people by finding solutions, and educating people on their finances. It was so rewarding when I got to find solutions for people, and take ownership of my role. Overall, BECU's members usually have a great amount of affection for our member consultants, which kept me motivated to keep making a difference. I had 3 different managers in my time at BECU and I have only good things to say about each and every one of them! All of them wanted me to succeed, and there were plenty of opportunities for growth, and internal promotions.
Great place to work and be proud of
Advisor for Mortgage, Business, Wealth, Trust (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WASeptember 18, 2017
I enjoyed my time at BECU and look forward to an opportunity in the future again. Members have trust and peers work to do the right thing. BECU has very strong culture to "people helping people".
benefits
Cons
limited locations
Great Place to Work
Member Consultant II (Former Employee) –  Shoreline, WASeptember 9, 2017
I loved my job ate BECU. I wish I didn't have to leave but I had to relocate out of state and if there had been a BECU where I was going, I would have just transferred. The management is awesome at almost every branch you could be at, and the people you work with are some of the best people around. Sometimes you can get overwhelmed when you don't realize how many people actually need to go into a bank, but it's worth the happiness you get from the job and the experience. I encourage anybody who wants to work in a credit union, to start with BECU.
Friendly but slow
Associate Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Tukwila, WAJune 13, 2017
A very friendly environment that is bogged down by too much bureaucracy.

BECU still feels and acts like an old school company. Everything takes at least 5 times longer than it has any reason to. This can make it pretty relaxing at times but frustrating at others.

Good place to retire to.
Bad place to advance through.
Investments (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAApril 19, 2017
BECU is an organization that truly looks out in the best interest of their members. This is a big deal in the finance industry, however, they lack internal career growth. My management team is the best team I've had and I've learned a great deal.
Pros
Pension, PTO time, great coworkers
Cons
Career growth doesn't happen. They hire external over internal.
Fantastic company to work for
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAApril 18, 2017
The IT department is filled with many skilled, talented individuals. Everyone works as a team and cooperate with each other in ways you don't often see at other organizations
Amazing place to work at
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 7, 2017
- Best company I've ever worked for!
- Friendly environment!
- Great staff all around!
- Very cultural!
- Very diverse!
- Good leadership.
- They listen to your concerns.
- The list can go on!
Pros
Friendly, nice, overall 10/10
Cons
Non!
Sell Your Soul
Teller (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAMarch 10, 2017
- Lack of compassion when dealing with difficult situations
- Terrible training
- Upper management consumed in materialism
- Limited process evaluation
- Unreasonable goal expectations
- High workload with limited on-going training
Benefits
Cons
Corporate heartlessness, No job security, Two-face management
Amazing place to work
Contact Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAJuly 8, 2016
This place is the greatest job I have ever worked at and if it was not for the distance I would retire here. My co workers are like family and the company listens to everyone in helping to build the company.
Gosh I want to love it!
Member Lending Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tukwila, WAJune 19, 2016
All the things they say and do, the money they spend on their employees is impressive. But the infrastructure is a mess. Outdated operating systems that are so old, there are no longer any updates available. Processes are so compartmentalized, most people can only do their one function and most aren't willing to do much else. Too much responsibility is placed on the member, there is little ownership from start to finish simply because of the process which usually equals 3-5 different departments/people to complete the need. A company this size should have their inner workings together so much cleaner. It's disappointing. General communication is lacking which sets the stage for more areas of severe opportunity.

The most disappointing part is the inter-department transfers. The recruiting process is lagging and silent. There is a gigantic focus on employment development but no support to actually execute things like job shadowing. It becomes a smoke and mirror process if you show desire for another department.

I really want to stay, it's been less than a year. I want to believe that a Credit Union of this size will show it's majesty if I just hang on a bit longer. But I can't see myself growing more than frustration, weight gain and general stress.
Pros
Generous benefits packages, employee programs
Cons
Lacking Communication, Outdated software programs, lack of encouraging leadership
Good People Taking Good Care of People
Sr. Member Consultant (Former Employee) –  Woodinville, WAMarch 8, 2016
A history in banking is not required for this career but you do need the ability to be a quick learner with an eye for spotting needs and solutions.
MORTGAGE LOAN OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Tukwila, WANovember 11, 2015
Responsibilities include: review and process conventional, FHA and VA mortgage loan applications taken online. Interview members to assess preparedness and eligibility for home buying or refinancing, calculate income and debt to income ratios, review tax returns and complete SAM worksheets, assess rental income schedules, gather supporting documentation, and communicate frequently and effectively with my team of loan processors, underwriters, and escrow officers. Adherence to federal, NCUA, CFPB, FNMA and BECU lending guidelines and regulations. Provide timely, transparent and concise communication to members in regard to the status of their application, need for more information, or underwriting decisions regarding their loan. Process sensitive information pertaining to credit history and personal information with strict adherence to company and federal privacy standards. Fostering relationships with members and the community through positive interactions as the face of a member owned not-for-profit credit union.
Becu
Member Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WANovember 11, 2015
Working in the contact center was a drag. Worst management I have ever seen. They are not flexible in scheduling as they stated they were. Their policies and procedures are difficult to follow, they are very behind on technology and their products and services are not as great as they a portray. Which upset the client base which then in turn you get to deal with. f

They did have great benefits and pay, but in the big scheme the pay wasn't worth the horrible environment.
Very friendly and Agile
QA Tester (Current Employee) –  Tukwila, WAAugust 12, 2015
A great place to work, friendly environment. I learn a lot of things working at BECU. Casual wear. Flexible with hours. All willing to help new comer.
BECU Review
Consumer Loan Servicing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAJune 26, 2015
Not for profit credit union. Small team environment each representative skilled and knowledgable. Servicing consumer loans from inception to maturity.
Daily life at work
Member Lending Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kent, WAJune 25, 2015
Processing loan applications and field incoming calls in regards to loan applications submitted. Acquired loan knowledge and customer service skills. I work with a great team that is always there to back you up and just have a good time at work when appropriate.
Pros
Great benefits
Rewarding postion with a company that cared.
Loan Servicing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAMay 26, 2015
A growing company that excelled in member care/service. As an employee, you were also a member and was treated as such. Happy to work for this Credit Union.
High turnover
Member Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bonney Lake, WAMay 26, 2015
if you are looking for a job in lending for a short time, BECU is for you. they have excellent and high turnover with staff. When hired your orientation process includes being hired with 10 to 15 other people doing to day role because of the turnover. Good luck.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
travels from branch to branch
Pleasant working atmosphere
Credit Analyst - Temporary (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAApril 14, 2015
My day consisted of inputting and correcting confidential customer data in three different Software programs. I learned 2 more software programs and enjoyed the chance to use my computer skills. Management was friendly and willing to work with you regarding anything that might come up. It was a very pleasant working atmosphere and everyone was friendly. This was a nice casual place to work. The hardest part of the job was the commute. It was almost 2 hours each way with traffic. I enjoyed the pleasant and friendly way the company was run.
Pros
relaxed and friendly
Cons
commute and it was a temp job
Mortgage Summer Intern
Mortgage Specialist Intern (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAMarch 26, 2015
I had a wonderful manager and mentor that I worked under for 3 months over the summer of 2014. I learned a lot and enjoyed the people I worked with. As an intern I didn't take on a lot of responsibilities which made things just a little boring, though very stress-free.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BECU. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval