Bed Bath & Beyond Employee Reviews

Found 2,353 reviews matching the search
Great Employee's - Will need to be a people person and hard worker.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Suburb of Chicago,IllinoisJanuary 22, 2017
The company use to be great! Now because of on-line sales customers are not coming into the stores as much as they use to. Staffing is low so management has to take on more than what is expected. The customer service culture is slipping because there are not enough associates to service the customers. The stores are not given the hours for correct staffing and training that is needed.

The managers and associates are wonderful people to work with. Everyone will help each other without hesitation.
Pros
Great group of employee's to work with on a daily basis. Good Vendor incentives
Cons
Management hours are long, 10 hours a days, Terrible employee turnover, managers are expected to complete their tasks, employee tasks and tend to customers, District and Regional does not acknowledge reality in the stores, They expect more than what is possible from their managers.
Fun place to work at
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 22, 2017
making sure every customer is treated and greeted with a smile. I learned a lot about coffee makers, different electronics, how to order and receive inventory. the culture of BBB was to make eveery customer feels welcomed, and when they walk out the door, feeling satisfied. The hardest part of the job was honestly doing wedding registries. The customers and BBB team was probably the most enjoyable things about the job.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
had to walk to work at the time
Expectations versus Reality
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJanuary 21, 2017
I enjoyed the simple ways to handle call volumes with customers inquiry for the company's products and offers. When management would start an incentive, they would never follow through. Advancement is very rare at this company and also the pay is minimal compared to the work.
Worked here for 3 years
Sales (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 20, 2017
Good company but can definitely improve with their compensation and creating full-time for everyone that will want it not just to employees that have worked there for 3+years.
Cons
no full-time opportunity
Very effcient
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 20, 2017
This was a very good place to get my foot in the door of the retail industry. They had complicated procedures and training but nothing I could not handle
Good Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJanuary 20, 2017
Bed Bath and Beyond was one of the best jobs I held. It was always great to see returning customers and to help them find exactly what they wanted, either in the store or out of it. Management could have been better, but the employees were always fun to be around.
Pros
Good hours, good pay, great employees
Cons
not so great management, lots of responsibilities, late night closing shifts
Fun, Busy, Culture
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 20, 2017
Was a pleasure working at Bed Bath & Beyond, offers the ability to learn and grow. being nation wide the ability to relocate and move are greater with the company.
Pros
Nation wide, Growth
Highly interactive, fast paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIJanuary 20, 2017
This job was a fantastic entry level job, it provided me with ample retail experience and sales training. Management was heavily based on a favorites system.
Pros
20 percent discount
Cons
No full time avalability
Fun work place and there was always something too do.
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 20, 2017
While I was working at Bed Bath and Beyond, I was the front end supervisor. As the front end I was in charge of all of the cashiers, the registers, the customer service and all of the returns that would come through during my shift. Now at the close of my shift i was in charge of balancing all of the registers too the right amount. While I also would be in charge of doing the daily deposit of sales cash into the "bank". While I was working on the daily deposit my manager would be closing the rest of the store. The management at Bed Bath and Beyond was great just had a hard time, sometimes with the employees who worked on the floor. As so did I as i was the front end supervisor. Yet over all I did enjoy working at bed Bath and Beyond.
Dont do it if you have another option!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 19, 2017
If you are planning on working with very unfair, self-absorbed, and insulting management, then go right ahead and apply for a job there! When the management does not appreciate the amount of work you put in for the place, or respect you for your efforts, it is self-loathing to work in such environment. Unfortunately, if it is providing bread butter for your family you are stuck working there until you find another job with enough pay.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Same length breaks regardless of the shift time, management, and poor training
Great Job
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIJanuary 19, 2017
Started here at 16 and it was a great experience I learned a lot from customer service to things I did not know about certain items.
Good company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJanuary 19, 2017
This was a nice company to work for. The pay was not great, but a good experience for part time work. I enjoyed assisting the customers, who were always grateful for the help. They really stress customer service here.
Great experience
C ashier/ R etail/ Sales (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, NYJanuary 19, 2017
The job was fun and always something to do. Helping the older customers was always a pleasure. Handling registries and checking out was a task but very interesting.
bed bath
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJJanuary 19, 2017
• Recommended merchandise based on individual requirements
• Advised customers on utilization and care of merchandise
• Provided advice to clients regarding particular products or services
• Explained the use and advantage of merchandise to customers
Smart company looking for ways to grow besides building more stores.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAJanuary 19, 2017
Very fast paced work environment with constant change and new programs and goals to achieve. It was necessary to plan well and to be organized in all things, in order to achieve goals and deadlines.
The hardest part of the job was working with limited resources when tasks were at a significantly higher level during different times of the year. The seasonal transitions were the best part of the job, it kept the look fresh and the employees engaged.
Awesome
Associate Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 19, 2017
Customer service friendly and very outgoing. First job out of high school and a amazing experience. Great store and wonderful enviroment
Good
Cashier/Customer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 18, 2017
I love working at Bed bath and beyond. Everyone is really nice and you can learn a lot. The pay is not to bad. For me it was the best job i ever had. I only left to go to college. I miss it tho.
Chain with a varied selection of home goods.
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Pendergrass, GAJanuary 18, 2017
Always hiring. Guaranteed 40 hours a week for part time employees. More for Full time and different jobs. Start off at $11/hr. Working Mon-Fri depending on you're shift and schedule and you're availability. Not to mention all employees get a 20% in store discount.
Typical retail position
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJanuary 18, 2017
This was a typical retail position that was simply a job. The position did not require much effort but also offered little compensation or chance for advancement.
Fun company to work in
Sr. QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Union, NJJanuary 17, 2017
Productive and fun workplace company to work in. Would recommend anyone to work at this company. Good company to start in with well-balanced work and life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bed Bath & Beyond. Our community is ready to answer.