Bed Bath & Beyond
1,180 reviews

Bed Bath & Beyond United States Employee Reviews

Good place and working environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Aberdeen, NCApril 25, 2015
Pros: Good environment
Cons: Benefits and the pay
My work experience will usually pertain to ringing up the customers and making sure that I am greeting them as they enter. I handle transactions such as checks, cash, debit and credit . My co workers are great people and I get along with all of them. The hardest part of the job will be when a customer ask me a question and I'm not sure where a item is . Overall a great place to work at.
Great Place to Shop, not to work
Cashier, Bedding and Bath Accessories Specialist (Former Employee), Watchung, NJApril 25, 2015
Pros: It was a job, and I had a good relationship with some coworkers
Cons: The environment of the job was way too demanding for the compensation, and no quality experience was taken from it
One thing that is important to me is to see the work I have done is appreciated. My management at the store was dismal in this subject. Compensation was terrible for basically being a sudo manager there. I was given so much responsibility, mainly because of the incompetence of my managers, and to my main store manager, these issues went unnoticed. Also, the lack of being able to provide this feedback was very frustrating
fun work place
Customer Service rep/Cashier (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 24, 2015
Pros: flexible
Cons: short hours
i enjoy my work experience and have a lot of fun while doing it. My coworkers are wonderful to work with from managers down to the cleaning people
Ehh.
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Orange Park, FlApril 24, 2015
Management was rude and could not care about you as long as you got customers to sign up for credits. If you fail to please their wants of credits they cut yours hours. Typical day was unpleasant.
One of the better places to work
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee), Clive, IAApril 24, 2015
Pros: associates and clientele
Cons: manager and regional
Great place to work. Clientele and associates were great. I thurougly enjoyed working with everyone there. Management on the soft-lines side was not as good as my management staff. The store manager was a great guy and very down to earth. He understood how to communicate with people and understood that they had obligations to attend and they allowed them the time off.

The hardest part of the job was replenishing the shelves. Sometimes we could not find or we did not have the products that we needed. Also one manager was wildly inappropriate at times and was completely disconnected with the other associates and sometimes managers too.
Fun environment to work in
Soft Side Sales Associate (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 22, 2015
I learned to treat every customer the same way with respect and provide excellent customer service while doing it safely.
a store for verything you need
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTApril 22, 2015
Pros: good healthcare
Cons: short breaks
Good store to work at they have everything you need and more. You will defiantly learn a lot from bb&b. Some people that I worked with was not so great but other than that it was ok.
Horrible and childish co-workers
Hardside Associate (Current Employee), Houma, LAApril 21, 2015
No one wants to do their job. Call outs happen every day. Managers are childish and unqualified. Not a good job. the hours given are very few.
Productive work place
Staff Accountant (Current Employee), Union, NJApril 20, 2015
Pressler & Pressler was a job I've had since my Junior year in high school. Enjoyed working there for the most part, but wasn't really the field I wanted to continue in.
Bed bath and beyond
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 20, 2015
Completed money, check and bankcard transactions according to established procedure. Processed sales quickly, accurately and efficiently. Maintained exceptional customer service. Responsible to help the customers find items that they need or explain specialized products that the store carries.
Every customer and employee leaving thrilled.
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Springfield, PAApril 16, 2015
On a daily basis I reviewed new products and learned how they work and to teach this knowledge to all of my employees. I conduct new employee orientations on a weekly basis. I resolved any customer issues in store and on the phone. I create great customer experience in my store and drive that culture among the store. I also would drive competition throughout the store among employees to drive engaged selling.

The hardest part of my job is to be able to multitask and to be very well organized to stay on a timed schedule.

I have learned to be self sufficient and to learn new processes and products to teach them out to peers and employees in a timely manor.
Where service counts
Store Manager (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLApril 16, 2015
service and safety in always first, work smart not hard, follow the program. Always think of service and how everything else you do can effect service
nice
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILApril 16, 2015
Good company, there isn't much of a work vs personal life balance. However the insurance with this company give you plenty of options and affordable.
Job Security is great, yet little to no work/life balance
Customer Service/Registry Department Manager (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 15, 2015
Pros: Great benefits; good salary
Cons: Little to no work/life balance
A typical day at work entails several different tasks, objectives and goals, ergo always having a "plan of action" and a solid routine is a must. On average, I work no less than 50 hours per week. I have many many roles in my position at Bed Bath & Beyond. Here are just a few examples of what I do on a day to day basis- albeit, no one day is the same-
I train, teach, coach and mentor new hires. This includes everything from ensuring all legal paperwork/governmental forms are filled out correctly, signed and sent to the appropriate parties, to conducting 3-day orientation, administering safety training, register training, as well as "cart-tests" to all new associates. Another one of my roles at Bed Bath & Beyond is managing our Wedding and Gift Registry program. Managing this department includes consulting our registrants', escorting them through the entire registry process; placing follow-up calls to registrants regarding their future event, ensuring they have enough items on their registry; organizing and spearheading special in-house events for registrants; managing all associates' schedules to ensure the store has ample coverage throughout the day. I also have the role of product trainer to all store associates as well. This includes administering product knowledge classes, role-playing with associates, then giving the associates selling-exams on the product knowledge they've received. I then update and file all associates' tests, documentation and certifications, then I relay this information to my superiors.
Fun work place
Part-Time Sales Associate (Current Employee), Springfield, PAApril 15, 2015
Working at Bed Bath and Beyond is great, but I really would like to utilize my certification and find a job in Occupational Therapy Assisting.
Productive but hetic
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Bristol, TNApril 14, 2015
Everyday we would work a lot of stock and would have to climb ladders. we would help customers, that's their main policy...the customers! we would also run the register. if you don't mind working hard then you should be fine.
Great oppurtunity to learn
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mount Laurel, New JerseyApril 11, 2015
Every work day is busy with multiple interactions with customers. you learn about almost every product in the store and have universities weekly. Co workers are friendly. Hardest part of the job is helping customers who are less than friendly. Enjoyable part of the day was learing in the universities.
Fun environment / fast paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Rockford, ILApril 7, 2015
Pros: Flexible
Cons: challenging staffing structure, Upper level management expectations, focus and brand execution are not consistent.
Fast pace. Middle management is also the salesfloor coverage. Payroll is extremely tight / forcing management to fulfill both management and entry level employment roles.
great work place
Customer Service/Floor Representative (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 7, 2015
assisting customers with find products.
cashier duties.
stock and filling products.
co workers fun and very helpful.
the most enjoyable part is seeing the face of a satisfied customer.
Very productive enviroment, friendly associates and very helpful management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Plymouth, MAApril 7, 2015
One a typical day I would help make new end caps as well as advertise new product, restock merchandise as well as help customers. The co workers were very friendly always willing to help lend a hand or answer a question. I learned how a store should operate and that workung as a team is much more effective than working alone, management was a big part of our day. Always helpful

1 2 3 4 5

About Bed Bath & Beyond

Bed Bath & Beyond Inc., along with its subsidiaries, is a chain of retail stores, operating under the names Bed Bath & – Read more

Bed Bath & Beyond Salaries

Cashier
Cashier/Customer Service
$9.40 per hour

Bed Bath & Beyond Photos

Rock Your Campus Event ; 20% off to college students.
College Event