Bed Bath & Beyond Employee Reviews

Found 2,447 reviews matching the search
Family like environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Blasdell, NYFebruary 23, 2017
This was my first "real" job. I started as a cashier and worked my way to a management key holder within 2 years. The people who work at this store are all friends and get along really well. The employees get the job done and have fun while doing so.
Cashier at BB&B
Worked the cashier (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CT 06905February 23, 2017
Standard cashier job, customers were mostly nice, coworkers were always willing to help. Hours varied week to week and averaged about 15-20 hours a week as part-time.
Great company to work for
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAFebruary 22, 2017
A typical day consisted of assisting customers.
The management, customers, company, and customers are all great to be around and to work for.
The hardest part of the job is knowing how to deal with the customers on the rare chance if they are pleasant
Fun,positive,
Cashier and Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New YorkFebruary 22, 2017
Working here is a great experience especially for students,they work with your School schedule,the team is lovely and everyone works as a team even if it's just helping a customer
Good Benefits, Great Management, Not for everyone.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Layton, UTFebruary 21, 2017
Starting as a phone representative, I often dealt with either placing orders for the online website, or angry people due to an issue with their order or registry. I learned how to handle all the computer systems and how to manage and calm down angry customers. I worked to be on the Chat and Email team, and learned how to better handle the systems and how to portray emotion through written words. Management works to take care of their people, but the customers can still be nasty, just like with any call center. At least it is inbound calls.
Pros
Inbound calls, nice break room, Coke Freestyle machines
Cons
Angry customers, not very accommodating with illnesses or injuries.
productive, fun work place
Reciever (Former Employee) –  Pendergrass, GAFebruary 21, 2017
usually good days, learned how to work in warehouse, good management, hardest part was lifting heavy objects, most enjoyable part of job is working with the people
feels like family
Floor Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Topsham, MEFebruary 21, 2017
Loved working at bed bath and beyond, best job ive had yet, wish they gave more hours and bigger wages. the discount is awesome! better than anyone ive worked for yet.
Pros
awesome atmosphere
Cons
not enough hours
Job for Teenagers
Team Associate (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 20, 2017
This is a job for teenagers or someone who like a boring retail job. I didn't learn anything because everything that was required was common sense.
Pros
$10/hr for retail job
Cons
Everything else
ok
Shipping and Receiving, Clerk cashier (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAFebruary 20, 2017
every day something new , learn something new, I really like that job it was just the place it self , I would work there again , management is ok but they can do better
Pros
Cons
30mins
Fun place to work
Stock Room Manager/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAFebruary 20, 2017
A typical day for me started in the stockroom, making sure items were organized and neat. I pulled stock for sales associates to replenish and I helped with customer service.
I learned to handle customer service issues and about building the business.
Management was always uplifting and helpful.
The hardest part was working with many college students that would call out of work and would in turn leave us short handed on the sales floor.
The most enjoyable part was helping bridal customers.
Pros
A great discount!
Cons
College student employees that would regularly call out.
fun place to work. meet all kinds of people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 20, 2017
I kinda ddnt like the job because of the hours.. it was part time. And at times they ddnt treat us fair,they had there favorite. And ddnt give me a chance to move up and do more.
Pros
great people to work wit.
Cons
no free lunches only on holidays
Overall a great company to work for
SALES ASSOCIATE/INVENTORY CONTROL (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILFebruary 19, 2017
This was a demanding job but I was compensated fairly well, employee discounts were great, and the people there are wonderful. They do extensive training, and make an effort to teach you new things the entire time you are working there. The biggest problem I had was the short (five minute) breaks.
Cons
Short breaks
Good Job - Unhappy Environment
Inventory Control/Sales Associate - Full Time (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MN 55121February 19, 2017
I liked the work and thought I was improving. I had gotten faster at hanging/removing the clearance signs and I had gotten caught up on price changes and was steady with other Inventory Control Managers at other Bed Bath & Beyonds.

The hardest part was probably feeling like the work was never-ending and there was no way to feel like I had succeeded or felt good about the work I had completed at the end of the day.

I enjoy working with people, and I love the people I work with currently. I will be sad to leave, but I need to be somewhere where I don't feel like I can never win.
Interesting
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Port Richey, FL 34668February 19, 2017
You do the same thing everyday but come in contact with many different people. I love working here and learning patience along with all the different products sold in the store.
This was just an inbetween job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILFebruary 18, 2017
I worked here to build my management and training skills. It was always a temporary position. I worked full time hours but was paid pennies and had to fight for insurance and benefits. Not flexible, good for short term employment. Will keep you busy.
Warning to all new applicants and current employees
Sales Associate (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Surprise, ArizonaFebruary 18, 2017
It is understandable that a business has to make profits and maintain it's presence on the market. However, Bed Bath and Beyond simply does just that. The flaw is that the company and it's personnel do not care about you in any circumstance. Awful managers, emotionless co-workers, terrible scheduling, absurd work ethic and picky tasks makes this job a nightmare. Endless negativity and no gratitude makes this company just another McDonalds. You will not be thanked for no matter how hard you work and it will start to deplete a hard working mentality as well as making you conform to a negative environment. Managers will scorn you if you make a mistake and are ready to communicate you weaknesses rather than your strengths. The people who are happy at my location are only happy because they know they won't have this job for their life. This company can care less about the people, and its a shame because they are doing the heavy lifting, with the benefit of strain and sorrow. I would advise all not to work here.
Pros
You will find some people who make the best of the job.
Cons
Overworked staff without gratitude, will not get requested time off, Emotionless and cruel managers/co-workers, judgmental management, will not be defended from unjust customers, will not get time off unless you schedule a year off in advance(what it seems like), rare to no promotions, negative atmosphere and work ethic.
Secure and accommodating experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYFebruary 18, 2017
Working for a chain like Bed Bath is a very stable place where an entry level worker can gain various fundamental skills of the service industry. It's great for college kids trying to make some part time money.
Bbb
Cashier, Recieving (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SC 29229February 18, 2017
For Bed Bath & Beyond store associates, primary job duties involve restocking shelves, assisting customers in sales, and maintaining organized sales floors. During busy store hours, Bed Bath & Beyond store associates may assist cashiers in carrying out responsibilities at the front end of retail locations. Basic knowledge of home decor and cookware often assists prospective workers in gaining employment due to the nature of products sold. Most Bed Bath & Beyond store associates work part-time. The entry-level position mostly requires applicants to possess a reliable mode of transportation and the ability to work a flexible schedule upon hire. Minimum hiring age requirements typically begin at 18 years of age.
Love the vibe
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Totowa, NJFebruary 17, 2017
Very fast pace environment, kind friendly staff, great pay especially if your a student. Great work and training program.only down side its an at will company.
great work place
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 17, 2017
I enjoyed working there. The atmosphere was great. A typical day would be helping others get what they need. I learned a lot in sales. The managers taught me well on how to make sales, negotiate, and compare to competitors and fix issues.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bed Bath & Beyond. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval