Bed Bath & Beyond Employee Reviews

nice workplace
Cashier (Current Employee), SpringfieldAugust 27, 2015
Pros: great environment, breaks can be off property
Cons: alot to learn
This is a steady pace work environment so you have to be a fast learner. The co-workers are great but its the costumers you have to worry about. They are particular and sometimes rely on you for things. The day goes by fast because you stay busy and having co-workers to chat with helps.
Love my coworkers, but other than that...
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Shelton, CTAugust 27, 2015
I used to work at another location and, while there are problems at both, I much prefer that one to the location I am now.

At my previous location I feel like there was a really good work/life balance. And if I remember correctly, they even said at one point that they knew we had lives and other stuff to do and I really liked that. They made the effort to get you onto a regular schedule. It changed – more... a couple times while I was there but it leveled out and I always knew what to expect. I almost didn't even need to look at the schedule. They were accommodating of my need to get my neighbors' kids off the bus after school and I always left at 3:00 during the week.

When I transferred though, there was really nothing to affect my availability so my schedule has been total chaos. It leveled out for a little while but has now started to be all over the place again which is getting to be very frustrating. Not knowing at what to expect out of my schedule drives me insane. It makes creating a routine for myself nearly impossible.

Also, after I transferred, I was suddenly thrown onto the floor one day. Something I had absolutely no experience with. Which I found out had happened to other employees there when they had first started working and knew barely anything at all. I feel that is highly unfair to the employees and to the customers. And while Bed Bath & Beyond is really big on 'Pass The Buck', it would get annoying to have to call for help every single time a customer needs assistance.

Now this issue is an overall one. At both locations I have noticed there are never enough people in the store at any given time. And I am willing to bet it is this way at all the locations. One of the ways it seems that BB&B is being cheap. Being understaffed just causes problems. Every time there is a rush of people, which happens multiple times a day, the front is forced to call for backup. Which means there is one less person on the floor, sometimes leaving no one on a particular side of the store at all. How does that help the customers that are still on the floor? Occasionally the person that is called for backup is busy with a customer so they obviously can't just leave, but then that puts the front in even more trouble.

There are more things that I could write about but I am just going to end it here and be done with it. I think you get the idea anyway. – less
Strong organization skills
Administrative Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYAugust 26, 2015
Pros: great management team
Cons: high volume work place
consistently exhibits behaviors that properly represent the company's mission. Great return policy and customer service management team.
Easy To Learn
Cashier (Former Employee), Knightdale,NCAugust 26, 2015
Ok Job NIce for College Students not For Some One that only wants to work week days or want a full time position. Working For Bed Bath And Beyond Was A learning Experience. Co Workers were nice and enjoyable hardest part was folding of the towels lol
This was my first retail job from High School
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Stamford, CTAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Flexibility
Cons: Pay Scale and lack of benefits
I enjoyed my work enviorment and the flexibility to be able to attend school while working. I started the job while in high school and continued my employment through college.
Intense work environment
Customer Service Representative, Sales Associate (Former Employee), Staten Island, NYAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Obtaining new knowledge
Cons: Unsupportive management
A typical day at work is providing customer service and taking back returns/damaged merchandise from customers. Also placing special orders for items that customers are looking for but not found in-store. The hardest part of the job is balancing your day within different departments of the store.
Great job to gain retail experience!
Store Associate (Current Employee), Irvine, CAAugust 22, 2015
Pros: employee discounts; versatile in different job duties.
Cons: Only mgmt may have full time positions therefore all other job positions will possibly be part-time.
Bed Bath & Beyond is a great retail place to gain experience in many aspects of fields for business. Great job to gain experience in customer service and understanding how to deal with customers.
Fun workplace with opportunity to advance
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAAugust 19, 2015
Pros: culture of helping clients, secure job if good worker
Cons: somewhat low pay, difficult to get raises, retail demands and variances, management can be poor
A fast paced, customer service focused company that keeps good employees. Like most retail, it's influenced by seasons and hours scheduled may vary greatly. Even upper management is usually pleasant. Different management styles can cause confusion.
Overall good employer
Customer Service Manager/Department Manager (Current Employee), Jenkintown, PAAugust 19, 2015
Cons: Long hours, varying schedules, work every weekend.
A typical day at Bed, Bath and Beyond consists of managing employees to provide amazing customer service, managing merchandise, providing training and follow up with the goal of selling. There is continuous change and re-prioritizing tasks and duties, which I find challenging, but exciting. Management deals with the same ever-changing priorities, so effective communication is key. The hardest part of the job for me is balancing work and life with the extended work schedule.
Awesome
Replenishment Associate (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 18, 2015
Great place to work. Awesome coworkers and management. Good hours and decent pay. Fun and Happy work atmosphere. Love this place.
good store, average workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKAugust 17, 2015
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: poor pay
Typical retail outlet. Good people surround you but pay is very underwhelming and raises are a complete joke. A quarter raise for your yearly evaluation and that is considered good.
Good place to learn
E-Commerce Merchandiser (Current Employee), Union, NJAugust 16, 2015
Bed Bath & Beyond is a good place for young professionals to learn about the industry and possible career paths to explore
Don't Work for this Company
Inventory Control Manager (Current Employee), Aberdeen, NJAugust 15, 2015
Pros: getting away for 30 min.
Cons: bad company 101: you name it, it's probably happening with this company
My day usually starts out doing two jobs at once. I do inventory control and customer service. My work overload is beyond a one person job. I spend a lot of my time doing morning "chores", helping customers and doing beyond stores. They want every one to do so much in a very little time. No wonder why all the stores in my district are collapsing.

Management for the most part can't get along with each other and therefore there is a separation in duties and responsibilities. Each manager acts like they are a store manager and thinks they can run the store better than the other one. This causes confusion, frustration, and anger among management and employees. This brings down morale very low too.
Easy job with nice people
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee), San Luis Obispo, CAAugust 14, 2015
Pros: 20% off everything - No coupons necessary!
Cons: sometimes you have to stay longer
Everyone gets trained on how to work every department in the store. They thrive on customer service, so it really helps to be a "people person". All the managers were very nice, and were very accommodating if they scheduled someone incorrectly.
productive and interactive work space.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Plainview, NYAugust 12, 2015
as a sales associate i have obtained numerous skill, such as handling the register, paper work and customer service. i worked both in a team and as an individual which was a great experience to learn many different aspects of the work environment,
Fun place to work
Sales Associated (Drapery Specialist) (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 11, 2015
Cons: sometimes getting out to late
I loved working there, people are friendly and the management is really nice. The time I was working in Bed Bath and Beyond it was the best time and best job.
Interesting work place with helpful co-workers.
Replenishment Associate (Former Employee), Ft. Myers, FloridaAugust 11, 2015
Friendly environment where co-workers and managers will provide help for any questions that appear. Climbing ladders every day can present many challenges.
RUN AWAY
Front-End Supervisor (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLAugust 11, 2015
Pros: air conditioned store
Cons: every aspect
Your skills are not valued or recognized at this location of BBB.
Management is unskilled and confused. Favoritism is high and denied when confronted with it. LIES LIES LIES from management. Expected to eat disrespect from customers with a smile. Even with HR involved, "management" did not fulfill promises. Compensation is a joke if you work on front-end. Policies are unclear and change to managements discretion. In turn, makes all training irrelevant. Employee discount is same as public's weekly coupons. Want a day off=request 3 weeks ahead of time.
Customer Service Trainer
Customer Service Trainer (Current Employee), FLAugust 10, 2015
A very tough but rewarding job. Many responsibilities because so many people depend on you and what this job does. It is the core of Bed Bath & Beyond
Rewarding position with lots of potential
District Merchandising Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 10, 2015
Long hours spent behind a computer. Hardest part of the job was not always getting recognition for things brought to the table. One boss would play off the new ideas as his own. The most enjoyable part was many of my co-workers, and training associates and managers, and seeing the "light bulb" light up when they understood what I was teaching.
Headquarters