Bed Bath & Beyond Employee Reviews

Found 2,126 reviews matching the search
Fun & challenging work place.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 23, 2016
This job has been one of the best experiences for me since I first got hired. I've learned ways to better my selling skills & provide the best customer service to every individual. We come in with a goal at the beginning of out shift & this helps us improve ourselves in a friendly competitive way. Managers are flexiable & helpful as well as co-workers. I enjoy this job.
Pros
Fun games to enhance learning our products
Cons
Short break
Productive and full of energy
Customer service (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10011September 23, 2016
Great team work among co-workers along with motivation among the team. Its a great company to work at as an employee but even better as someone apart of the company family. Management was run very well and efficient. The most enjoyable part of the day is knowing a job was well done.
Fast paced
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Township of Deptford, NJSeptember 23, 2016
I was a customer service associate who handled all of the customer questions and complaints,I answered all incoming calls and processed sales and returns. I loved it.
Great place to start out in if you love retail
FRONT END LEAD (Current Employee) –  York, PASeptember 22, 2016
A typical day is assisting customers by helping them choose the best products for them and ringing up customers all while providing excellent customer service.
I learned a lot about product knowledge from on the job training and learned a lot about retail itself.
Management is mostly good. Hard-working people who want to see you succeed.
Amazing co-workers. Very friendly environment.
Hardest part of the job is it can be very physical at times when you work freight. A lot of sweating.
Most enjoyable part is the people you work with and helping customers.
Aye Okay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 21, 2016
A typical day at work depending on where you are on the floor determines how busy your day will be. Usually as a cashier you will stay busy. Customers can be rude a nasty when returning items but your manger will always back you up. I have learned teamwork skills and as well as communications. there is defiantly room to grow.
Never EVER work here
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTSeptember 20, 2016
As with most call center jobs, they'll lure you in and promise you so many advancement opportunities and that its such a great place that you might as well be at Disneyland. . . and, sure, its all daisies and sunshine during the training program. But once you become a CSR, you'll see the REAL side of Bed Bath and Beyond.

You will never get a firm yes/no response to your inquiries. What may have been accepted for one customer, is not okay for the next. You'll get inconsistent responses from all sources of leadership, and half of the supervisors and manager staff has never spent time as a CSR and are absolutely clueless about how half of the systems work. Bed Bath will say that there's plenty of advancement available, but you gotta be your supervisor's or managers best buddy to get anywhere in the company. Your merit and hard work means nothing. You'll be scrutenized for everything that you do, and receive little to no praise for your accomplishments. Most employees will not make it past their 90 days. Why? Because Bed Bath and Beyond pays at least $2 less per hour than call centers a few blocks away, and because there's a constant rotation of new employees coming and leaving, there's no chance for anyone to move up to a better position because they spend so much money on their training process and have blown their budget on it so much that they can't afford to promote the best employees they have into leadership positions to help grow the company.

My suggestion . . RUN! Run as fast as you can away from this call center.
Pros
Free soda in the breakroom
Cons
You will never get promoted
Entry level
SALES ASSOCIATE/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORSeptember 20, 2016
I leared how to deal with all types of customers. Product knowlege was very important. I made it my own goal to know most of the iteams in the store, if you know BB&B you know its prettyy jamed packed. I was able to learn ordering and receiving freight.
Pros
personal growth, not many pros about the company.
Cons
Horrible management. very large turn over rate.
A great place to work
Receiving Associate (Current Employee) –  Florence, ALSeptember 20, 2016
One of the best places to work I would definitely recommend this job to other people one of the best retail jobs to work for
Productive and Fun Working Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJSeptember 20, 2016
A typical day at work consists of me being a sales associate on the sales floor and back up cashiering when prompted. Everyone is so great to work with and the teamwork is efficient.
Great company to work for!
Sales Trainer, Windows consultant (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GASeptember 18, 2016
I helped with training the employees and assist with designing the window treatments. Great benefits. But not enough pay for the employees to stand on.
Productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Call Center) (Former Employee) –  Totowa, NJSeptember 16, 2016
My job at Bed Bath and Beyond was full of taking 80 to 100 calls a day from customers. I learned to take care of all types of customers and empathize with them. My co-workers were helpful and insightful. The hardest part of my job at BBB was that sometimes you couldn't help every customer that called in. The most enjoyable part of my job that if you went over and beyond for a customer we would get rewarded.
fast paced, highly productive.
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOSeptember 15, 2016
a typical day at Bed Bath and Beyond actually is not bad at all. walking the sales floor making sure things are being put where they are supposed to be. as you walk the sales floor you want to make sure customers are satisfied while being there, greet them, check up on them from time to time and find out what is needed. the co workers range from being in high school all the way to being a senior citizen so there are a lot of people you will learn to get to know. what i learned within this job are better ways to sell, and better ways to work with customers. the hardest part of the job was staying later, while the store closes at 9:30 pm you will be working till almost 11. but it wasn't bad. the most enjoyable part was the holiday, the season will put you in place and make you feel a lot more comfortable.
Pros
n/a
Cons
not alot of time given for restroom, or breaks.
bed bath and beyond
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTSeptember 15, 2016
a great company to work for, you'll be working from the minute you clock in, to the minute you clock out. very fast pasted environment.
Great place
Store Lead (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WASeptember 15, 2016
Good place to work. Fun people and great staff. A lot to do never a dull moment. Learn something new every day. Always running around
Fun and exciting atmosphere
Sales Associate/ cashier (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDSeptember 14, 2016
Working at bed bath and beyond was a great way for me to develop my customer service skills and cash handling experience. My daily activities included many tasks ranging from working in the front on the registers to receiving packages back in the warehouse. My knowledge of how to work a store has greatly increased every year I was employed at bed bath and beyond. There have been times I had to take on certain manager like leadership roles and they were fun and exciting but as far as growth to actually move up in the company didn't exist.
Great place to work, all associates and managers become family
Soft Lines Manager/Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Coralville, IASeptember 14, 2016
I would have never chosen to leave this job. My husband was relocated and there was no opportunity to transfer at the time of relocation. District and Regional Managers tried to help with a transfer but it just wasn't possible. I enjoyed the opportunity to train each person and watch them grow. The hardest part of my job was actually leaving on time each day. Your encouraged to learn every customer and do everything in your power to make sure that they leave with exactly what they came in for, even if you had to track it down on the internet and have it delivered to them. It was a joy to make sure that customers were leaving satisfied.
Pros
The Customers and each and every associate
Productive night crew .
Overnight Freight Crew (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 13, 2016
My time here at Bed Bath and Beyond was amazing because it was the over night crew that prepared the store each and every night for a new business day.
very welcoming atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO 80906September 13, 2016
my coworkers were very nice and loved to make the customers smile. My typical work day was nonstop from the moment I walked through the door till the time I went home. the hardest part about my job was working with customers that were rude for no reason, but that is a part of working in retail. management was good, the store manager was hard to approach some days. the thing I loved about my job with working with the bridal customers that would come in to set up wedding registries. I loved hearing about the stories and their future plans.
Value Life
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 12, 2016
Spent 1 year wih this company and what I witnessed appaulled me. If your looking for assistant manager and up stay away from this place. Company is full of dinosaurs in all management positons, theyve all been there for 25 plus years and have no idea what's outside in the other retail environments. It's amazing how it's even still in business..... Springfield Nj store 1 is a amusement ride if your willing to visit. Psycho manager running through the aisles screaming at her employees and belittling them in front of customers.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Honestly Everything else
Productive workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, NYSeptember 12, 2016
My overall experience at Bed Bath and Beyond was great. It was my first job. I leanrned how to extend myself as a person and become a better worker