Bed Bath & Beyond Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,082 reviews matching the search
Fast paced training store for excellent customer service.
RTV Coordination Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 23, 2016
Management is always helpful, although the vetting process for managers hired from the outside and inside alike is lacking. Working at BB&B has helped my customer service skills skyrocket to the level of advanced, in my opinion. Customer reviews and general satisfaction of other at the workplace prove this.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, Management works with you very well, decent starting pay, satisfying work days.
Cons
Advancement is hard, workers are only advanced to fill spots due to high turnover rate. 4 SMs in 1 1/2 years
Great company to work for
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 23, 2016
Company has continued to grow and expand into new divisions.
There is always opportunity to grow with the company if you're willing to work hard.
Busy and thriving work environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXAugust 22, 2016
A typical day at work is usually just helping customers with what they need to find. The turn over rate is usually pretty high because most people think its just going to be an easy job that you do not have to do much. The hardest part of the job is picky clientele that anger easily. The easiest part of the job is the sometimes laid back environment. The management are some of the hardest working people who do not just sit in an office and delegate.
Pros
Flexible Work hours
Cons
Short breaks
just okay...
Cashier (Current Employee) –  East Hanover, NJAugust 22, 2016
I was poorly trained, and a supervisor was annoyed if I ever made a mistake because of it, and continues to make me feel stupid every chance she gets. very outdated system, slow and hard to use. nice place to work but management needs a lot of shaping up. they don't hire enough people, often times I will be the only one on register, and have to call people from all departments to help out.

demanding at times, even hectic, but coworkers are nice and help the time fly by.

overall, not a terrible job, but there is plenty of room for improvement. (seriously)
Pros
nice coworkers, hours are reasonable, discount
Cons
lack of respect from supervisor, short breaktime, bogus system
Fun work envioroment, up beat, customer friendly
Sales floor Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAAugust 21, 2016
Maintaining and managing small group of employees, making sure that all daily tasks are completed in timely manner, making sure customer is a number one priority, learning features and benefits of new item and teaching the team how to sell it...
Pros
employee incentives
Cons
No breaks
No Advancement, all politics
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLAugust 21, 2016
Bed Bath and Beyond is all about sucking up. If you stand up for whats right and don't kiss your boss's butt you will be stuck in a lower position forever. They also have a dramatic pay scale and under pay yet over pay depending on favoritism.
There is little room for advancement but hours are very flexible
Sales Associate/Bridal Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 19, 2016
I've worked at Bed Bath & Beyond for six years now and it has been an up and down experience. The work is fairly easy. Unlike commission based retail jobs, there is no incentive to push items on customers. Although associates are asked to recommend "add ons" and the "item of the month," selling more results in no benefit so there is no reason to go overboard. This makes customer service much more doable in my opinion. You're free to help customers make choices in saving money and not just try to get them out the door with the most expensive items.

I'm also a bridal consultant, for which there again is no benefit for the added work. This can be a stressful extra task to take on since it just gives the managers something else to demand of you to do better. However working with the couples can be rewarding when you get that rare couple that wants your input and is willing to put in some time and actually make decisions on what to scan.

There is a constant revolving door when it comes to sales associates. Most employees are only part time and most people don't stay for more than a few months. People tend to abuse the ability to call off or just not show up for work, which eventually, but not automatically, can result in termination.

Raises only come at the end of a year review. Generally you can get bumped up about an extra dollar after your first year but from there it's just nickels and dimes.

Advancement is a bit limited. You'll take on responsibilities as a bridal consultant or possibly a key holder as a front end lead but there will be minimal pay increase.

Don't
  more... get used to capable and competent managers. They are few and far between and rotate yearly. Even if you have a great crew for a good amount of time, it just means someone's gonna get promoted and everyone else is about to rotate.

Freight management during the closing shifts is easily the worst part of the job. I would avoid this at all costs if possible and try to work strictly from 7-5.

Overall not a bad place to pick up a few extra 15-20 hrs. If you land with good management and a few longstanding other associates, the job can be enjoyable. However don't expect much in terms of rewards for hard work and effort. Just do it for the customer satisfaction and you'll be fine
Over worked and NOT appreciated
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAAugust 19, 2016
Manangement at Sonic was unfair and played games.They always would change when you were allowed to put in requests for time off. only select few were given their requests. There was definitely favorites, and drama constantly between the managers. I eventually had to leave because of the drama, the games, the unfairness, and to grow in my career.
Pros
convient location, great tips
Cons
management was horrible, pay was low, no benefits
Best retail job
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 19, 2016
Great work environment, amazing management, and overall great place to work. Having an amazing return policy makes it very easy for customers and employees. The customers who come in are wonderful.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
part time for majority of the staff
Friendly place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  1932 BroadwayAugust 18, 2016
Everybody had they moments but it was a fun, friendly environment. But it could be better. It could be longer breaks. And understandable mangers that understands about the schedules.
Ridiculous and entitled customers meet unhelpful management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILAugust 18, 2016
A typical day of work at Bed Bath & Beyond is full of ridiculously rude customers who are only interested in saving money. I used to genuinely enjoy helping people until I started working here.
Most of my co-workers were nice, the rest of them were teenagers that constantly called off with no repercussions.
Hardest part of the job was dealing with the managers that threw you under the bus and obnoxious customers. I cannot count the number of times I was berated and insulted by someone who wanted a coupon.
Pros
Cons
Discount matches customer discount; constantly changing schedule;
Great experience at a retail company
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 16, 2016
Learned a lot from the experience there, had the opportunity to advance in a decent time frame. Co-workers were all college age, so environment was fun and easy going.
Great Learning Experience
SALES LEAD (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 16, 2016
Assisting customers
putting go backs back on the shelves
putting away freight

Overall it was a pleasant experience and i learned a great deal of knowledge with home goods. However I believe the pay rate should of been a great deal higher with the time restraints we were given to have the store clean and presentable each night.
Bed Bath and Beyond was an excellent place to work.
Bath Department Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEAugust 15, 2016
A typical work day at Bed Bath and Beyond consisted of qualified individuals helping customers with any needs that required assistance. The friendly atmosphere at Bed Bath and Beyond allowed us to feel comfortable working with one another. We had enough freedom and trust from our managers that made working at Bed Bath and Beyond enjoyable.
Pros
Fair compensationn friendly environment, learned skills.
Cons
Short lunch break, difficult to advance.
Physically exhausting work enviroment.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 15, 2016
Managers want you to run the department and also the other departments due to lack of associates being scheduled. Expect 8 hours worth of work to be done in the miniscule amount (4 to 5) of hours that they scheduled you to work.
Bed Bath and Beyond
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 14, 2016
Hard work for little pay. Majority of the store is part-time and they make it very difficult to advance. Too many managers and not enough employees.
Good work enviornment
cashier/Customer Service/Replenishment Associate (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, CAAugust 11, 2016
I like working here its a nice environment, my coworkers are all amazing. You get to work with people whom have different personalities and views. As well as dealing with different types of customers, so you learn the different kinds of shoppers . I love that the management works with my class schedule really well.
Pros
flexible schedules, management is easy to talk to
Cons
hard to get a raise
Bed Bath
Vendor Relations Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Union, NJAugust 11, 2016
I learned the culture of the company, their systems, the coworkers were a little unfriendly, the hardest part of the job was the workload and repetition.
Pros
good manager
Cons
they gave the workers the same discount as any other person
Productive Customer Service
Sales Associate/Bridal Consultant (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCAugust 10, 2016
A typical day for me would be to straighten each of the rooms throughout the store. Drop and fill holes to make sure that we have a full product advertised for the customers to purchase. Work out inventory for the rest of the night while helping customers in need. I normally work with one other person on my side and all together there are 7 including the manager and front cashiers. The hardest part is time management but we also get everything out and done in a timely fashion. I enjoy customer service the most.
Pros
I love meeting new people
Cons
Not having longer breaks
Productive and positive company to work for
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAAugust 10, 2016
This is a very solvent company that promotes from within. Although it is VERY demanding, the company does care about its employees and customers.