Bed Bath & Beyond
1,266 reviews

Bed Bath & Beyond Employee Reviews

An Excellent Place to Learn
Sales Clerk (Current Employee), Goleta, CAJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Active Management.
Cons: Little growth
At Bed Bath & Beyond I have had the opportunity to learn many new things pertaining to customer service as well as retail in general. As I work day to day different customers enter the store and have various needs. By having management train me and answer any questions I had I'm able to excel at my job as a sales clerk. The hardest part of the job would be having to balance out assisting multiple customer needs at once. But once the customer leaves satisfied I find that the most gratifying part of the job.
Fun and New adventure everyday
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Shreveport, LAJuly 1, 2015
I worked with some of the coolest people. I have learned a lot in the atmosphere. I had some super awesome customers that has came through that appreciated me being nice to them.
Wide variety
Department Manager (Former Employee), Dothan, ALJuly 1, 2015
You can find more specialty items then in other locations. Brides can complete registries to help get items for their new homes.
Good experience
Department Manager (Former Employee), Boise, IDJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Was on track for promotion
Cons: Not always give the associates to complete projects in a timely manner
I had a good experience at Bed Bath & Beyond. I was being trained and would need to transfer to Seattle to become a District Audit Manager. My spouse had just purchased 3 Hallmark store in the Boise area and couldn't move. I left BB&B to go to work for the family business.
Was Very unsatisfied
cashier/sales floor (Current Employee), Cherry Hill, NJJune 30, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: poor
It was a very upsetting work place. i didn't feel comfortable working with customers throwing coupons at you and no did anything to help you. I would return things that were disgusting and when i would get a manager they would approve the things to be returned after i would tell them i wouldn't be able to return it
Customer Service is KING
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Hattiesburg, MSJune 29, 2015
Pros: Friendly environment, great store hours
Cons: NA
It is a great place to work if you are a person looking to interact with the customers. An amazing company that makes sure that the customer never forgets that they are the number one priority
Great Company
Lead Sales Associate (Current Employee), Oceanside, CAJune 29, 2015
Bed Bath & Beyond is a great company to work for. I love all of my coworkers and the relationship we all have is wonderful. The only thing I would have to say is the rate of pay for the amount of labor and work we put in every day does not match. The hardest part of the job is the physical labor every morning and going the rest of the day extremely tired. But meeting all the nice customers and seeing my coworkers makes up for that. Unfortunately the managers aren't always on the same page as one another and it makes the job a little difficult.
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Katy, TXJune 29, 2015
Bed, Bath & Beyond is an organized work environment and their main focus is showing all their employees to work as a team; quickly and efficiently.
Great work place with a fun and laid back work environment
RTV Associate (Current Employee), Irvine CaJune 29, 2015
Bed Bath and Beyond is a great place to work! I think the biggest and most important lesson that I have learned from Bed Bath and Beyond is how to give excellent customer service. What I mean by that is by "not saying no" we always give ourselves an opportunity to please the customer, whether it be searching for an item from the shelves of the store or providing the customer with help doing an online purchase through the beyond store. That level of customer service is rarely seen in today's major retail stores. The look on people's faces when you find that long searched for product or tell them you can order it for them free of a shipping charge is really the most enjoyable part of the job, and the reason I wake up excited to go to work each day. The management structure that is in place only helps us to be more successful as individual employees and keeps the high standards of excellent customer service consistent.
Good Pay for managers
SENIOR MANAGER (Current Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCJune 28, 2015
You will give supervisory assistance to the daily administration of company’s operations and such hiring and firing of individuals, constructing work schedules as well as finalizing sales transactions.
It's not a job it's a cult. Really.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCJune 28, 2015
Pros: Most employees really care.
Cons: Hours/pay/work-life balance and job security.
Expect to work Looooooooong hour for little compensation. Expect a very demanding selling culture. They openly admit that they are not known for having low prices.

Those coupons actually never expire. Returns for life. Also, if you get the honor of new store set-up, and you will as a Manager trainee. hopefully you will not be salaried yet, because you will work a fourteen day stretch from 5am until 10pm. Also, overtime is not time and a half for hourly associates, it's half of straight time!? Crazy but true.
CSR
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Totowa, NJJune 26, 2015
Responsible for answering customer questions, locating and providing status of their orders as well as placing orders, tracking them once they have shipped via UPS or Fed-Ex. Also responsible for creating action items for replacement orders that are lost by the carrier or orders that just never left the warehouse, as well as typing store complaints, and or store compliments. Mainly to provide the customer with the best customer service so that they will continue to be long term customers of Bed Bath and Beyond. Currently working within a newly created area of the business. Bed Bath and Beyond now offers truck delivery furniture, mattress's etc. We handle questions about the products as well as creating orders. We work with the vendors, the carriers to get up to date information for our customer's.
Decent place to work
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee), FloridaJune 24, 2015
Decent place to work for part time. Management varies at each store. Hardest part of the job is being a bridal consultant, however you usually have a pretty awesome group of co-workers to help you through it.
Rough place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 24, 2015
Rough schedules to work, specially if you are going to school. There is no room for promotion unless you dedicate your whole career to the store.
Horrible work enviornment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Augusta, GAJune 24, 2015
Pros: 20% off
Cons: hours, managment
The hours were never consistent. Management made promises they never kept. Very much like high school with cliques and bullying. I wouldn't recommend my worst enemy to work for this company.
What I learned
Primary duties lead afternoon crew (Former Employee), Arlington, TXJune 22, 2015
Pros: Speaking with people and dress code
Cons: pay raises
This job create the knowledge of degree for bedding, bath towels, kitchen electrics, cookware, cutlery, coffee makers & K-Cup Packs, window treatments, storage items, gifts and much more!
productive and team work
gift wrapper (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 20, 2015
Pros: pay holidays
Cons: very close and not alot of room in the break rooms.
The hardest part of the job was the requirements to pick up a box or a product weight 75 or more pounds. My co-workers demonstrate a lot of favoritism which in a run-way affect the workplace environment by dividing the work in unfair manner among the rest of my co-workers including myself.
Great company to work for
Customer Service Product Demonstration Consultant (Former Employee), Seattle, WaJune 18, 2015
Pros: Helping customers
Cons: Stocking top shelves high up.
Helping customers, inventory, sales, stocking, cashiering keeping cleanliness of store. Nice and helpful management, great working environment and nice co-workers hardest stocking top stock had to clime a large ladder it was kind of scary at times. The most enjoyable part helping customers.
Productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Farmington, MIJune 18, 2015
-Pleasantly greeted customers upon entry into the store
-Re-stocked all merchandise as needed
-Recommended additional merchandise to customers
-Handled all cash handling and register functions
Fast paced environment
Warehouse Manager/Outbound (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 17, 2015
Learned a lot about Ecomm, the importance of shipping orders to customers in a timely manner and holding100-200 associates accountable to achieving the daily goals, while keeping a happy and safe work environment.

1 2 3 4 5

About Bed Bath & Beyond

Bed Bath & Beyond Inc., along with its subsidiaries, is a chain of retail stores, operating under the names Bed Bath & – Read more

Bed Bath & Beyond Salaries

Cashier
Store Manager
$60,000 per year

Bed Bath & Beyond Photos

Rock Your Campus Event ; 20% off to college students.
College Event