Bed Bath & Beyond Employee Reviews

Found 3,087 reviews matching the search
I wouldn't recommend it
Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 20, 2017
If everything ran the way it is setup this would probably be a phenomenal job. It isn't though. Training is shoddy. A lot of the blame game is played. They hold onto under performing employees much longer than normal.
Pros
Takes a great deal to be let go
Cons
Working with a bunch of idiots
Friendly workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Yorba Linda, CAAugust 20, 2017
My experience working at Bed Bath & Beyond has had its ups and downs. A typical day at work for me consists of working at the cash register, answering phones and routing the calls, processing damaged goods, cleaning out trash and coupons, sorting receipts, and cleaning the bathrooms. I learned how to provide quality customer service, work a register, and the differences of the small appliances in our inventory. The workplace was friendly and professional.
Pros
discounts
Cons
low pay
Good first job for any high school student.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 19, 2017
I enjoyed working at the customer service counter with my coworker it was fast paced never boring and the shift went by very quickly. All in all a good place to save up some money to go back to school or get a car.
Pros
Easy going
Cons
Feet hurt at the end of the day
Fun challenging place to work
San Diego- Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 19, 2017
They promote a culture of customer service. Very challenging at times, but they give you the freedom to make a lot of your own decisions. You need to work a lot of hours at times.
Pros
Many great people
Learning Experience
Employee Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Union, NJAugust 18, 2017
There is no work life balance at Bed Bath & Beyond. They are truly an old-fashioned company where they do not believe in work life balance. Bed Bath & Beyond has a lot to learn from these modern companies. They will never recruit top talent until they learn that work life balance is a very important aspect of a job.
Pros
Short Commute from Home
Cons
No work life balance
was a decent place to work
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYAugust 18, 2017
Was a good job untill they laid me off with no warning. Was a very busy demanding place to work. Could sometimes be stressful but every day was different.
Good entry level job or summer job for teens
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYAugust 18, 2017
Super slow paced most of the time; busy around Christmas; no job advancement; low pay; too many managers that never agree with each other. General Manager was nice and productive though.
Pros
Friendly Customer Base
Cons
Slow Pace, Low Pay
Need to be able to multi-task
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MIAugust 18, 2017
A typical day is customers, merchandising...etc
The customer service manager is responsible for training the associates product merchandise and how to sell to customers. You also have to jump in and help customers throughout your shift.
Ok Job
Customer service, cashier, floor associate (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHAugust 17, 2017
Working for this company you will learn many different jobs, learn many job skills because you will be doing them on a daily bases. You will be doing customer service, cashiering, floor associate, stocking merchandise, putting out merchandise from the truck, service desk, straighting the departments daily, cleaning restrooms, doing orders for customers thru the online service, bridal registry's and more. The only thing is there are never enough employees to do all these jobs so it gets stressful for the associates because they have so much on there plate being called on the walking talkies to be in different places at the same time. From a customer stand point the online service for the company is great excellent products and getting the merchandise is quick.
Worst company to work for
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVAugust 17, 2017
Management is awful, lacks communication . Rude managers and supervisors, also company treat employee's like children. Company benefits are expensive and not good. Pay stinks, raises are in cents. A lot of favoritism. No advancement in company, also very stressful environment. Do not work or even app!y to this bad company.
Pros
Only if you work in receiving dept . Monday to Friday
Cons
Company sucks in everything benefits, management, pay
HR is the main problem
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Pendergrass, GAAugust 17, 2017
I honestly tried to get back on mostly because it can be fun working there and the pay is good but Human Resources screws you over big time thanks to them and something stupid i caint work there ever and wasnt even nothing bad a mis understood no call no show when i had actrually resigned and signed the papers
Pros
Pay some managment
Cons
Can be alittle Racist i seen that early on
Terrible place to work
Poor management treat emp!oyees like children. Rude and anti social managers and supervisors. Lack of communication between management. Awful pay and too many ridiculous rules. No advancement . and a lot of favoritism
Pros
Nothing pro the only thing is that the receiving department works monday to friday
Cons
Awful company to work with.
Really Laidback
Customer Service Desk (Former Employee) –  TennesseeAugust 17, 2017
It was a very easy job. I only left because I graduated school and it was a temporary job. The training was very thorough and they encouraged questions for your improvement.
Not really a good work place.
Sales Associate/Bridal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 17, 2017
The pay is very low for the job duties. The pay just a little over minimum wage and you'll end up working just about every job in the store. A lot of customers are nasty too.
Not a nice place to work
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXAugust 17, 2017
If you are looking to make money to pay off some bills BBB is the place for you to work. The people are not friendly there and management stay on your back.
Pros
Getting $12 an hour but could be more
Cons
Management sucks and getting paid evey two weeks
Managers are great at this location.
Rtv supervisor (Current Employee) –  North Attleboro, MAAugust 16, 2017
I like my managers and staff at this location.. pay isn't great at all for everything we are responsible for, the return policy is to leanant and customers are rude towards the workers.
Pros
They work with your availability
Cons
Breaks are short and pay isn't that great
It was ok depending on who you had as a manager
PICKER (Former Employee) –  Pendergrass, GAAugust 16, 2017
Be on time every day, make sure that you have something to eat and drink. Make sure that any illnesses is taking care of and under control or you'll end up fired
Pros
Over time good benefits Vacation time holiday pay
Cons
Not a good place if you have health problems
Management is no good nothing gets done system problems everyday
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXAugust 16, 2017
Management is no good you can tell or ask somebody something 1000 times nothing gets done. The show favoritism and some people can do what they want to do. Unprofessional and management does and says things that nobody in management should do. I was fired for a forklift incident. They said if you were involved on a incident you will automatically get terminated. A man had a wreck a day before me I got fired today and he is back on the lift today. Favoritism is shown tooooo much. The job is horrible
Good to fill the time for something better
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYAugust 16, 2017
It was a decent place, hours worked. The amount of downtime i felt to be the most exhausting. I spent alot of time walking round after filling my dept looking for things to organize or straighten. They dont put alot of trust into hard working employees which i thought was weird. Didnt give opportunity for advancement
Bed Bath and Beyond
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAAugust 16, 2017
The hours are horrible. I was only getting 17-20 hrs on a GOOD week. It wasn't a job I could depend on and the hours that I was given never matched my availability.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bed Bath & Beyond. Our community is ready to answer.