Bed Bath & Beyond Employee Reviews

customer service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Totowa, NJOctober 21, 2017
lack of accuracy, management. during my time with the company there was no consistency in what was explained during training. Management is unprofessional.
Pros
overtime
Cons
the job itself
it was just a regular job nothing i would say i would work there again but it just pays the bills
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Aventura, FLOctober 21, 2017
typical day at work every manager watches you to see if your going to do something wrong in there eyes. the job itself was easy i actually liked working i loved my co workers but the managers made me feel very uncomfortable an i felt disrespected in many ways working there. also after working 5 hours theres no 15 min break unless you work 6 hours or more for a lunch break which i think is very unreasonable, and this is at the Bed bath and beyond at Aventura, FL.
Ehh
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 21, 2017
Some managers came and went and some were better then others. They will constantly ask you what you are working on and it gets very annoying very fast
Pros
20% off all products
Cons
Lack of hours, no part time benefits
there for a year
Department Manager / Store Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJOctober 21, 2017
I was at this location for a year. Job security was favorable, advancement was not. I held the same training position for the entire time and during that year no management positions became available.
Too many upper management pop ins
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDOctober 21, 2017
I don't know about other locations but this one in particular had too many visits from corporate which had no clue about what its really like being in customer service. The company made too many demands on associates. The customers are ok, you get those who claim to have left their coupons at home a lot. The only thing that made me stay there as long as I have were the people I worked with though turnover is quick there.
Pros
people you work with
Cons
too much corprate
A Typical Day At Work
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLOctober 21, 2017
i would stock the shelfs on the hard side of the store which had all the cooking pot and pans and the coffee machines and i also had to work the front by using the cash resigter with also giving custormer service to anyone that walked by my aisle.
Pros
they have great benefits
Cons
they didn't give me any breaks what so ever
it's slow paced
warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Carteret, NJOctober 20, 2017
when I'm working there, everything is slow and sometimes the day goes really slow, i don't like doing nothing. But when everything is fast paced, I like to put in work, put in production. I'm more into the fast pace than being slow and bored all day
Pros
good hours
Cons
bad managers, rude employers
below
Bedding and Soft side Manager (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCOctober 20, 2017
A typical day at work would be arriving early and doing a department walk. Having a plan for what needs to been accomplished this day., Sharing the plan with the employees and checking on them to see how they are doing or if they need some help. If I did not have enough employees for a daily project I could go to my direct report and see what we could come up with to get the job done.
Pros
20% discount, two week's vacation
Cons
45 minute drive in traffic
Retail is retail
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZOctober 20, 2017
Like any retail job, it can be difficult. In such a small town, you were often lucky to see anyone in the 4 hours before store closing.

It was sometimes very difficult to plan vacations or trips with the family because I would often have to work on weekends and usually ended up having to work on holidays as well.

There was classes and training provided on the different merchandise departments of the store, or if a new product came in, so we could also explain and teach our customers. Further extensive training was provided for bridal consultant as we would help couples with creating a registry and explaining all they would need to know to help make choices.

Sometimes there were fun activities or incentives as well for employees.
Pros
Training provided on all merchandise departments
Cons
Have to work holidays and weekends
overall poor
Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAOctober 20, 2017
no loyalty for the effort i put in here at the job i did like the culture a little but I never had consistent hours so I never truly connected with anyone there. they ended up cutting my hours and trying to change my role which i was not comfortable with
Pros
good employees
Cons
hours and managers need work
Dying retailer, better jobs out there
Department Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NJOctober 19, 2017
No longer a viable retailer. Better companies to work for. The company wants your heart and soul, and good portion of your life if your salaried. Compensation if ok if you live in the right market to survive.
Co-workers were very pleasant helpful. Management depended on person.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  UtahOctober 19, 2017
Was on my phone and taking calls at time of logging in. They had a 1 hour mandatory lunch every day, so on average I was there 9 hours a day. I learned a lot about customer service and making sure customers were taken care of. I enjoyed the work.
Pros
Pay Co-Workers
Cons
Long lunch, certain management could be overwhelming.
Miserbale workplace
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIOctober 19, 2017
horrible place to work. rude customers. breaks don't come on time or no break at all sometimes. "The customer is always right" policy for ex: a customer can return a 8 year old item at your store, even if they didn't buy it at BBB, as long as it comes up in the system or you can find a UPC for it. The customer will 20% less the current value on store credit. Absolutely ridiculous!
sometimes fun but overworked
RETAIL ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXOctober 19, 2017
it was fun at first but later you were having to do literally everything. pay was way below what they work you for. people would always quit or just not show up
Company is laid back, provide lunches several times a year. nice break area.
Inventory Control Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 18, 2017
Bed Bath & Beyond is much different from what I have known the Retail experience to be. Maybe it was my previous job, but I am more work oriented, and look to get my job done as quickly and accurately. People work, it's just that the emphasis seems to be more laid back, "it will get done" is the attitude, not that that is a bad thing.

The only negative I have is lack of management during certain times of the day, which prevent me from doing my job.

What I do is not hard, but at times can be stressful. I have learned to work around it,
Pros
Free lunch several times a year, free coffee, snacks, water
Cons
Lack of management
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 18, 2017
nice place to work,good managers,ready to work associates and i love their mailing discounts and as is.is one of the places you get good and cheap prices
Pros
na
Cons
na
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  OntarioOctober 18, 2017
The time I spent at Bed Bath & Beyond was honestly the best. A very fun and comfortable atmosphere, lovely people and the fast-paced life was just extraordinary. I developed many new skills, became more confident in meeting new people and could tackle any difficult situations. The hardest part of the job would be reassuring customers who did not have the patience to wait. However, it is a very successful company, known worldwide.
Pros
Employees' discounts, getting to know new people
Cons
having to stand for hours
okat
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILOctober 17, 2017
its a great place to work if youre looking for a part time job!!! very flexible with hours and days off! start pay is pretty good as well. discounts are always awesome!
Another worker
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Pendergrass, GAOctober 17, 2017
I would say that working here was good at some point and at others, it was stressful. i felt like we were just numbers instead of employees. There would always be new workers coming in and out every week.
Pros
Good shifts
Cons
Salaries too low
Semi stress place to work at.
Sales Service Associate (SSA), and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIOctober 17, 2017
Customer services at Bed Bath & Beyond outdated, no directions to stand when check out (no signs, no arrows, no lights at cashier stands {nothing}) Each cashier has to take 5 seconds or more and walk around their stand and redirect the lines and walk a customer over to their lanes. Guest are unclear what to do in this situation and sometimes get frustrated!. This can get very stressful doing the holiday seasons(s). This area in customer service drastically needs improvement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bed Bath & Beyond. Our community is ready to answer.