Bed Bath & Beyond

1.5K reviews

Bed Bath & Beyond Employee Reviews

Found 1,490 reviews matching the search
Nice stores to work in
Manager Training Program (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 9, 2016
Moved to different location's as needed had fun but the turn over was 72% . The DM was really tough and went thru a lot of people
Pros
401 k employee discount
Cons
Training program
Productive and Fun Place
Inventory Control Clerk (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 8, 2016
I like working at Bed Bath and Beyond. The people and Customer are really great. The flow of traffic is wonderful. I have worked for this company for many years. The growth at the company is high. I am ready for something new in the customer service world.
Fun workplace focused on customer service.
Store Manager World Market (Current Employee) –  Aventura, FLFebruary 7, 2016
Fast paced and exciting. Customer service is the #1 focus. You are encouraged to run your business. Be a merchant according to your business and customers.
B and B
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gambrills, MDFebruary 5, 2016
The time that I spent at This job was very helpful to me showing how to help customers and use a cash regsiter. if could work here i would work there again
Pros
dealing with people
Cons
part-time
Temporary stepping stone
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, VAFebruary 4, 2016
Day to day work life at bed bath and beyond is slow in the morning and busy in the afternoon and evening. At night time is when the store can be slower depending on the time of year. This is the time when employees begin to clean up the store for the next day.
Pros
free lunches around the holidays, discount
Cons
short breaks, no insurance/benefits for part-time
It was a team environment each member was assigned to individual responsibilities
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXFebruary 4, 2016
I was thrown into the mix I wasn't given proper training classes that were supposed to be given. I learned that customer service is key to retail, and management is important keeping everything organized and professional
Fast paced job with no rest
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXFebruary 4, 2016
Fast paced job, no rest, employees are berated for little things, like not smiling all day. Interactions with customers are timed and must be under a certain amount.
Pros
Organized
Cons
short breaks, timed interactions, timed bathroom.
Customers are Number One!
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXFebruary 1, 2016
The customers are a joy to serve on a daily basis. Of course, there is always one or two whom are difficult, but most are easily persuaded to be positive.
Pros
Work hours are wonderful.
Cons
Pay is low.
Challenging work place, learned to adapt
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXFebruary 1, 2016
A typical day at work was pretty good, go in get a radio and pretty much do my thing. If they needed help in the registers they would call me through the radio I would go help. Help out customers on the floor helping them find what they needed, looking items up and looking for their stuff in the back. Fill coffee and other items such as dinnerware, kitchenware, candles, vacuums, etc. Register people or help them find their online registries. At the end of the night we would clean up and help down stock put stuff back where they go and leave the place as clean as we can. Hardest part of the job was dealing with too many customers at a time have to move fast and quick. Most enjoyable part of the job was the job was working with people and learning about retail.
Pros
Free Food Sometimes
Cons
Short Breaks
productive and steady work
Stockroom and sales associate (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILJanuary 27, 2016
although this retail business was fun, the way the managers would give you directions trying to be more efficient. If you found an easier more efficient way to do the projects they would get frustrated because you aren't doing it there way. they specifically tell you something but do not allow you to execute in a way that is your own.
Pros
party's during holiday
Cons
short lunches for those who had longer work days
Bbb
Customer Service Trainer (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 26, 2016
Bed Bath and Beyond has a lot of work to do with the managers and how they treat their hourly employees. The co-workers however are some of the greatest people you will ever meet.
great place to work
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 26, 2016
A typical day consisted of restocking the shelves, cleaning around the register and handling cash and handing back proper change when needed to. I learned how to be more patient with hard to handle customers. The management and co-workers were amazing to deal with. It was a super fun place to work.
Pros
great training
responsible, time management
customer service (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 24, 2016
I am really responsible with my job, I know how to time management, I never leave my work unfinished, and Mangers said that I am really fast and organized when it come to duty tasks. I can manage 3 customer at the same time. The hardest part of my job is dealing with unreasonable people that do not want to heard NO. The most enjoyable part of my job is to work with my co-workers and when the customers tell you thank you so much for all your help and wonderful job.
Pros
employ discount, meet new people
Cons
health insurance, short stuff, work weekends, and low hours
Bright atmosphere.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Prescott, AZJanuary 23, 2016
Extremely sales driven though non commissioned. Minimum wage is standard. No raises the first year. Full-time employees are largely management. High turn over rate. Not much room for advancement.
Productive and Fun place
QA Analyst and Tester (Former Employee) –  Union, NJJanuary 20, 2016
Amazing place to work. Very comfortable and supporting atmosphere. people are very helpful and willing to encourgae. Bed bath beyond is one of the leading work places to work
Pros
good environment
Cons
poor management
Great Entry Level Job
Bridal Consultant/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 20, 2016
I had this job right out of high school and loved it. It was a great paying position with room to advance. I moved and they made the transfer easy for me. They were always willing to work my schedule and able to flex hours if necessary.
scarce on training
Receiving associate/Sales associate (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJanuary 19, 2016
Training is scarce, although your obtaining unpaid time off is quite easy, not a career, great for retries though. Management expects you to know how their company works when you walk in the door so be ready
Loved helping customers
Blank (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 19, 2016
Loved helping customers and learning about all the products. My favorite part of the job was talking to the customers and getting to know them. Fun culture.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 18, 2016
They kept things following, had slow times where I would have to find something to do, but most of the time I was busy. Crowded hard to move around with equipment. Overall an okay experience.
New great items for the home everyday
Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 17, 2016
Checking, reading emails and checking mailbox to start a to do list.
Completing counts on side caps and Gables.
Learning about new items that come out for you or the customers to test.
Great customer relations building though out the day.
Pros
Pay
Cons
4 or more task to be completed before shift is over