Bed Bath & Beyond Employee Reviews

Found 2,231 reviews matching the search
Tedious but fun
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSDecember 7, 2016
Restocking, running the register, cleaning up. I learned that a job can in fact give you OCD. The management and co-workers were fantastic.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales assicoate (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VADecember 5, 2016
My typical day at work starts out with early morning projects. After when we open my main focus is customer service. i always want to make them to have an great experience so they will return. The hardest part about my job is when a customer leaves without anything. i want to do my best in making sure they come with whatever they came to shop for. The most enjoyable part of my job Is bonding with an customer over an item we have in common. when you bond it brings the customer back and i enjoy hearing about how the product works for them.
Warehouse
Warehouse clerk (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, GADecember 5, 2016
VERY nice clean large warehouse. Great training for whatever department you were working in.Tried to maintain good company morale,
ongoing training,
Pros
great benefits
Cons
short lunch breaks and wkend work
great place to work
1st shift stock (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 5, 2016
I believe this company is doing a great job with plenty of product selction to keep up with or exceed competitors. I enjoy the way the team works well together.
very productive/ fast past
Customer Service Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, OHDecember 4, 2016
Customer service is good. being a bridal consultant was a bit challenging but overall it was a great place to work if you were looking for something short term
Average
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 3, 2016
Job was good. However limited opportunities for increase. Hard worker and results are obvious but not able to see results through pay. Thanks in advance for your consideration.
management
Cashier/Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PADecember 2, 2016
Working at Bed Bath & Beyond was a positive experience. Besides them not being able to work with my school schedule, it contained a positive group of people along with a good system of management.
Hard workers and team players.
Cashier/HBC Associate/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GADecember 1, 2016
A typical day at Bed Bath & Beyond was busy. the Management was great a very skilled. My coworkers were definitely team players. The hardest part was stocking. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people.
Pros
Nice pay
Cons
Not a career choice
Managers
Receving Lead (Current Employee) –  Longmont, CODecember 1, 2016
Great managers that will fight for you and help you out when you need it. Always a fun day at work. They are your managers yet treat you like you are a person and not a number.
Great culture and a place to build communication and sales skills
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILDecember 1, 2016
This job was very accommodating with your schedule and management was very positive. Bed Bath and Beyond puts the customer first and managers insisted we help customers over doing freight and stocking the shelves.

Typically I would answer phone calls, help customers find products, and in most cases we would help customers compare product descriptions and prices to help them make a purchase. When we weren't busy helping customers we worked on stocking shelves, and organizing inventory.

A big part of this job was to make online sales, also known as "Beyonds". In order to do this, approaching customers was key, and from there you had to identify their needs and if it wasn't available in the store you could influence them to order it in store. This helped the stores numbers and it also put you in a sales scenario, in which you could develop your sales strategy.

The job didn't offer commission, but it did help you when you received your performance review.

This job has a great environment and I also liked that it had holidays off and the company would often buy food from local restaurants for the employees.
Pros
- Free food on black friday weekend, Accomodating Schedules, Positive management, great part-time job, requesting days off were simple and easy, great way to build customer relationships
Cons
Retail in general can start to bog you down, but coworkers made it fun.
work place
Assistant Buyer Vendor Direct (Current Employee) –  Union, NJNovember 30, 2016
nice place to work positive environment good learning experience systems are old but they make it work management is nice co workers are great people
Good
Sr. Business Analyst/ Scrum Master, Ecommerce (Current Employee) –  Union City, NJNovember 30, 2016
Its a good company to be with. People will love the company when they join. People are good and cooperative. You wont be disappointed after joining.
Slow and easygoing workplace.
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Issaquah, WANovember 30, 2016
The typical day involved a lot of stocking and facing mingled with helping customers learn to read the back of product boxes.
Everyone was relaxed and seems to enjoy the daily toil.
Pros
Great coworkers, relaxing and focused on personal initiative.
Cons
Small playlist on the speakers, often overflow of products with little organization.
Fast-Paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLNovember 30, 2016
The day that I be working it's usually fast paced day
Customers always right
They willing to help you out
The co-worker are awesome
Be there on time all the time
The customers
Pros
Hours
Cons
Short Breaks
Very friendly place to waork
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LANovember 30, 2016
This is a very friendly place to work. I have enjoyed helping customers find what they are looking for. The hours are flexible and as long as you show effort, the managers will work with you for any requests you have of them.
Pros
very friendly
Cons
short luch breaks
Overall outlook
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CANovember 29, 2016
Tight knit group of employees focused on service, great place to work, always something to do, great place for newlyweds to shop, reasonable expectations.
Pros
Fun place to be to see new gadgets and items for every part of the home.
Cons
Unreliable business accumen
A Place full of excitment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Springfield, NJNovember 29, 2016
Morning Shifts - Clock in, Head to the front grab the reports for the department, head to the stock room check to see if we have the product if so grab it and add it to your cart to put onto the floor before the store opens, Finish reports and then fill up the store with what you found inside the stock room, Store Opens finish putting away your reports and help and greet customers when you see them. Continue this until your shift is over, Clock Out.
Night Shifts - Clock in, Look on the schedule to see which department you are in for the night, head to the department clean up the department and help customers when you see them, Store Closes, Head to the back room and grab the freight to put out for the night in your department until your shift is over, Clock Out
Pros
Great Co Workers
Cons
Short Breaks
Productive and positive concept, not always executed by management
Invoicing & Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 29, 2016
I loved working in the office and having the option to also interact with customers and help them as well. The company fosters a great culture, unfortunately the management at each location doesn't always follow through with that.
Pros
pay
Cons
hours
Can be a great place to work depending on your coworkers.
Sales Associate/Keyholder/Bridal Consultant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WANovember 29, 2016
Can be a great place to work. It is very hard to advance within the company. Yearly raises on excellent reviews are 20 to 30 cents. I have worked at three different stores with very different ways of doing things. It can be very high drama or very relaxed depending all on management. The customers for the most part are great, but also very needy because that is how we've trained them to be. It's nice to able to take care of customers and we bend over backwards for them. That said, the corporation does not go out of its way to help employees. The company is very frugal and raises are ridiculous; people will often get hired that make more than I do, and I'm a keyholder. There is a lot to do and its hard to get bored if you have a good work ethic.
Pros
flexible schedule
Fun and excting to meet different prople on a daily basic
Retail Sale Associate/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXNovember 28, 2016
I liked this job but the pay is at a stand still to long. You was able to wear several titles and no pay raise for what person was worth. The job was very interested and there was a lot to be learned. The feeling to be able to tell a customer about an item and the customer is very satisfied and happy while making their purchase was a joy.
Pros
learnig information for your own goods as well as to serve the customers better.
Cons
Being able to be knowledgeable an get paid what you was worth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bed Bath & Beyond. Our community is ready to answer.