Bed Bath & Beyond Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,051 reviews matching the search
Great work environment and helpful management
Sales Associate/Retail (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 7, 2016
Overall this place a great company to work for. The product we carry is very diverse so I get to see and meet a lot of different people. My co-workers are great to work with and are very helpful all around. The hardest part of this job is getting acquainted with all of the new and changing merchandise and where it's located in the store. We have short breaks and to me hours are hard to come by at this particular moment. Management for the most part is great of course in every job we have those couple of bosses that we don't get along with but there has to be balance everywhere we go. I have learned how to accomplish tasks and special projects in a timely fashion and within a team environment seeing as though I usually work better in a more secluded environment.
Pros
in store benefits
Cons
short breaks, access to available hours to work
Unsatisfactory
Bridal Lead (Current Employee) –  Renton, WAMarch 10, 2016
I am no longer interested in working for this company. Therefore I am looking into options. Started in Florida as a Floor
Associate for $8.00 and hour as part time. Transferred back here to Wash. and started here as part time. They liked my work so much as to want me to go to full Time for $9.00 an hour for some time before I discovered I was working under minimum wage so was raised to over $10.00. The I was promoted to Bridal Lead, but the raise did not come with the title. Have worked for 4 years under what should be the pay scale for my efforts. Continue to get great reviews, but was just told the .35 cents was all I was getting. So time for a change.
Pros
Close to where I live
Cons
No back up
I liked working for this company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 11, 2016
The day would start off with a morning huddle, where the manager would review the daily tasks that needed to be completed.
I was in charge of the hard side of the building which included bridal registry, cookware, small electronics and a few others.

Other than providing customer service, ringing on a register you were also responsible for your departments. Making sure that they are filled and properly merchandised.

Because the store was not a hard plano gram store is gave me the opportunity to be creative with merchandising certain areas while still abiding by the company's guidelines.

Most of the employees were hardworking while other just did what they were asked to do.
Pros
Being able to be creative. Good benefits.
Big Box store
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDFebruary 26, 2016
The day sometimes started at 6 am and didn't end until 7 pm. Constantly busy. Co workers were good, Hardest part of job was pleasing the DM, Regional Manager and VP every Tuesday. You think you are doing good by increasing sales and they would destroy your momentum in 1 second. Never satisfied and never gave any praise or thank you for all the hard work.
Pros
Money was fantastic
Cons
Absolutely no respect for the associates.
Job Security but Advancement at a Glacial Pace
Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  Union, NJMarch 2, 2016
If you're interested in working for a secure company BBBY is the place to be. However, job growth is practically non-existent so be prepared to bring home that salary you negotiated from day one. This company is also archaic in their business structure. There isn't a work from home policy and vacation days are slim unless you negotiate for more. You only get the national holidays off so if you have children, be prepared to use a vacation day on Presidents' day. I work in the marketing department and I do arrive and leave on time so the work/life balance seems to be OK. I can't say there is much of a "culture" in this office. The most the company has to offer you is a catered lunch in December... and that's all. They're trying to bring up the retention rate but offering a trial "bring your dog to work" policy which has yet to be implemented. I'd rather get summer Fridays than see a dog sitting at my co-worker's desk. I have a biased opinion on management since it is a mystery to me as to how my manger received the role that she is in; therefore I cannot speak for everyone. If you sign up for the health benefits you only have one option so you'll be paying a $400 deductible throughout the year and $50 deductible for dental. The one thing you have to look forward to... a 2% raise in May. Don't spend it all in one place.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Benefits, culture, advancement, management (some)
Not worth your time
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAMarch 29, 2016
I was a cashier and the inventory control manager. They will keep you right under full time hours so you do not qualify for benefits. The compensation doesn't keep you above the poverty line and you will not advance within the company.
Pros
Lots of family time since you never work
Cons
pay, hours, management
Exciting and fun to meet all kinds of people.
Full time Hard side lead associate (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVJanuary 16, 2016
We are a very high paced location. A volume store. I like working as a team with my co-workers. sometimes our management team (seven people) come off very confusing, one person tells you to do something the very next shift they have someone change what was just done. NOT efficient time management. They need to figure out how to communicate more efficiently.
Pros
Good Benifits, Holiday Pay, Sick Leave, Personal Days
Great Place with Great Benefits
Floor Associate/receiving supervisor (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COMarch 29, 2016
Fun place, fun people, Good management, GREAT benefits for full time employees. Hardest Part is being on your feet all day, but your constantly moving so it makes it easier. Interacting with customers all day long.
Temporary stepping stone
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, VAFebruary 4, 2016
Day to day work life at bed bath and beyond is slow in the morning and busy in the afternoon and evening. At night time is when the store can be slower depending on the time of year. This is the time when employees begin to clean up the store for the next day.
Pros
free lunches around the holidays, discount
Cons
short breaks, no insurance/benefits for part-time
great discounts
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAApril 1, 2016
I loved this job just not enough hours. great discounts that was really nice.i loved working with people. Staff werefriendly.no benefits because was only part time. management was really bossy.
Pros
great discounts
Cons
not enough hours
A productive workspace where everyone is like family.
Customer Service Rep/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 13, 2015
Fun environment, though sometimes overwhelming when we are busy and short handed. Always keeping busy with a wide range variety of tasks. Learned how to deal with customers the right way, we treat or customers very well. Caring management but it is difficult to receive credit for the things you accomplish. Much is expected, but hardly anything is rewarded. Difficult company to move up in. Great group of people, very thoughtful. Your colleagues are like family. Great benefits and steady hours.
Pros
Free breakfast and lunch on occassion, management works with your schedule, great experience in costumer service.
Cons
Low pay and unordily.
Paid well -work very hard
Manager (Current Employee) –  West Hartford, CTJanuary 11, 2016
Poor upper management. Support staff weak.
Lot's of freight and not so many hands to work it.
Be willing to work very very hard (physically)
Not very much room for advancement even if you are performing at a high level.

Make sure o get a high salary upon arrival as the 1%-2% pay increases will follow.

Managers will do well if they are willing to work no less than 60 hours a week.
All about the customer.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 3, 2015
While working for Bed Bath and Beyond is fun and exciting, it is also very tiresome and sometimes painful.
Here's what I enjoyed:
I liked working with brides and helping them during an exciting time in their lives. I liked seeing customers go home with smiles on their faces from our customer service. Our inventory was beautiful and I was always looking around at what was new. I would daydream about buying the new sheet sets or cookware.
Here's what I didn't like so much:
I was newer to customer service, and management did not make the transition easy. I was always being spoken down to, yelled at, or made to feel incompetent in some way if I didn't perform perfectly. Coworkers were fine, but management was cold and harsh. My preferences for hours didn't matter, even though I was in college and had other jobs. There were no benefits to speak of for part timers. The only real benefit we had was discounts on merchandise.
Pros
wedding registry, merchandise
Cons
managers
Retail
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INOctober 22, 2015
It was a retail job. Very VERY stereotypical one. However, the employees, management, and even customers made it seem very unique. There wasn't a bad employee or manager. Favorites? Yes. But everyone pulled their weight and worked hard.

My biggest complaint about them would be the short lunch breaks. Very understanding though about schedule changes, calls offs (for valid reasons such as hospital trips, car trouble and the like) and even vacation time. Even for part timers. Just no benefits for part timers which makes sense. Benefits for full timers and managers was definitely VERY good from what I was told.

District Manager was EXCELLENT to work with and extremely understanding, even if you felt there was an issue with the company. He'd listen and try to understand your point and see if there was a way to resolve the issue. If not, he was extremely polite in letting you know there wasn't anything that could be done.
Pros
Working there in general
Cons
Not guarenteed your hours unless full time or higher.
Bright atmosphere.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Prescott, AZJanuary 23, 2016
Extremely sales driven though non commissioned. Minimum wage is standard. No raises the first year. Full-time employees are largely management. High turn over rate. Not much room for advancement.
Just a number.
Sales Associate and Registry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAOctober 21, 2015
No matter how hard you work, or how much you achieve, you will never get ahead in this company. Unless you know someone, there is no room for advancement, or even a raise in wage. After two years I was refused both request is made for full-time and or a small raise. This company expects the most out of you for as little as possible, and I would never recommend working here to anyone.
Pros
Learn new things.
Cons
Short breaks, unfair work environment, and lack of respect from management.
Fast paced work environment in retail
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CASeptember 16, 2015
Very fast paced work environment with little to no variation in daily tasks. Supportive management, extremely focused on numbers and sales. No room for advancement unless hired as a manager. Most enjoyable part of the job was doing bridal tasks and getting to work with newly weds and engaged couples. Due to the large amount of customers attending the store we dealt with quite a bit of unsatisfied or unruly guests, which taught me to keep composure in stressful situations.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
low compensation, part time, no advancement
Excellent avalibility to grow with a great company
District Operation training Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 19, 2015
This was a great place to find were you wanted to go, the company believes in their employees and with hard work there is plenty of room for advancement. i started on the floor as a regular assoicate and moved to the top as a District Operations Manager. Bed, Bath, and Beyond pays well but you work hard and work late, if this does not appeal to you then just stay on the floor as an associate.
Pros
the ability to grow with the company and benefits
Cons
long hours when you reach managment.
No thank you!
Customer Service Supervisor/Lead Bridal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dayville, CTOctober 12, 2015
Spent 7 years working in this location with absolutely no room for advancement.One employee was hired as a manager in training and it took them 5 years to find him a location. Some of the managers over the seven years I was there were excellent others were a joke.The store that I worked in seem to be the "timeout" store for anyone in management when they weren't performing up to task. They would send them to our location because there really wasn't too much they could mess up. The only positive thing I can say is that there was a fantastic staff. Every time you turn around though corporate was cutting part timers' hours. When I started I used to work 32/week, when I left you couldn't work more than 20. New hires will never make more than $9.25 an hour and their raises are a slap in the face! The highest raise you can get is $0.35 an hour which isn't even close to a 3% cost of living Increase. You never will feel adequately compensated for what they expect from you. Really would not recommend working here.
Pros
coworkers were some of the best and hardest workers I have ever met.
Cons
poor management, raises, rate of pay, no opportunity for advancement, and you can't work more than 20 hours a week.
Great Place to Start Career
Public Relations Intern (Former Employee) –  Union, NJSeptember 2, 2015
I really enjoyed interning w. BB&B. They don't believe in titles so everyone one is equal and your not treated any different regardless if your an intern or a director. The culture of the company is amazing, people are extremely friendly and they are so open to teaching you whatever you don't know. During my internship I was offered 4 classes (Excel I, II, Email Etiquette, and Retail Math) to take to help me better myself and refresh my memory. These classes were so helpful especially the excel courses. I loved how I wasn't treated as an intern, I was assigned the same project as my managers, but they'd walk me through how to complete them. Hands down the best learning experience.
Pros
Open door policy, Employment titles irrelevant, great benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bed Bath & Beyond. Our community is ready to answer.