Bed Bath & Beyond Employee Reviews

Found 2,586 reviews matching the search
it was ok
Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAApril 12, 2017
it was fun when I got to do inventory and travel to others stores, the pay wasn't the best but it worked tell I could find something better, the Managers we good and helped out when needed and so did some of the other assoistes
its a job
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXApril 12, 2017
Hard job for those who do not like to work. You are not sitting in the office, you have to work Sundays and holidays. No advancement for becoming store manager because nobody ever leaves and they are not building any stores. If you can understand this, then this job is great for you.
A fast pace environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Union, NJApril 12, 2017
Live chat is a lot of work they are continuous
You have to have a lot of patience
Like any customer service job you have to have thick skin
The atmosphere is relaxed because we are not on the phone
Pros
Hour lunch
fun
Floor lead, cashier (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAApril 12, 2017
was a very good first job. learned how to use a cash register and work well with others. they worked well with my school schedule which helped out alot
decent place for younger people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIApril 11, 2017
decent place for a college person or maybe even high school depending on age. they don't pay very well, but most of the people there are fun to work with.
title means nothing
Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 11, 2017
pay decent they will work you to the bone and a title isn't anything you do ALL the work don't be fooled. they move you around like checkers game and the stores are too congested and the merchandising has gone down hill.
great place to work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAApril 11, 2017
It a place for young people to work really. management isn't always organized and there are some points to the job that just art ideal but thats most jobs
Pros
20% iscounts
Cons
inconsistant hours
Productive and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 11, 2017
Stock and unpack lots of merchandise.
Help couples start wedding registry's
Memorize and learn about each part of the store very thoroughly
It was a great place to learn good customer service skills
fun work place
Cashier/ sales associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10023April 11, 2017
As a Sales Associate, you help create the energy and excitement surrounding our clients’ products, by providing innovative solutions to guide customers to the right choice. it is a very fast paste, great team work . The pay isnt too great but the work is worth it.You will be able to pay your bills.
Great with people
CST (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTApril 10, 2017
Love working with people love Learning new things and having fun while making sure things don't get done the right way in the correct way every single time.
Pros
Love the people
Cons
Not enough hours

Want to know more about Bed Bath & Beyond?

Ask a question
Boring
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Centerville, OHApril 10, 2017
I worked at the Customer Service desk. Helped customers with wedding registries and finding items in the store. Short breaks, long hours during the holidays.
My first real job
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 10, 2017
The company has been good to me as I have been good to them over the years. The hardest thing is getting your routines down, but it is also hard to know when you are supposed to skip the routines to get other things done. The easiest thing is making the customer happy and this company is great about giving you the leeway to do that. I'm looking to leave because I have run my course here and am interested in learning new things and working my way up with another company. I will definitely miss it though.
Pros
Leeway to help customers
Cons
Not always the best training
Honest
Inventory Control/Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 10, 2017
Advancement or pay increases are slim to none. It takes awhile to move up. You can learn a lot about product and styles. also you can increase you resume with the different areas and working situations you could placed in.
Pros
Long luch break, 401k Plan
Cons
Poor health coverage
Acknowledge Goals
Lead Bridal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 10, 2017
Make sure you have a purpose of why youre employed at BED BATH and BEYOND because they will overwork you, under pay you and fire you on the whim. Make sure to set goals, accomplish them and get out!
Pros
Great employees, Huge space, friendly competitions, advancement programs
Cons
Spontaneous Schedule changes, poor management, overlooked advancement opportunities, high school environment
no fun on southside
Part-time sales associate (weekends) (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL Southside locationApril 10, 2017
The store manager is terrible. He is a lead from behind, bloated ex-frat boy. The upper management team is a collection of inept slackers that love to tell you how to do your job, but I have never seen them roll up their sleeves and do something.The associate managers are a bit of a mixed bag. Some are great, other less so. Also, the pay is well below market wages.
second favorite job
FRONT END MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Grove City, OHApril 8, 2017
great company to work for, been with the company ten and a half years. Have seen it only grow. Each day offers something different but pleasing especially the customers.
A first job
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 8, 2017
It gave me the tools I needed in order to get work experience. Though there were some days I dreaded working long shifts with no breaks, I overall enjoyed my experience as an employee.
Demanding environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 8, 2017
Relatively comfortable culture. Daily shifts include greeting majority of customers, helping them find what their looking for, and completing other daily tasks such as freight.
Productive and fun workplace
Inventory Control Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXApril 7, 2017
I enjoy the management at bed bath & beyond , a solid group of intelligent & respectful leaders. They make the job tolerable and at provide considerably relaxed work environment
Pros
Three days off
Cons
10 hour shifts
busy
Assisting customers in sales (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 6, 2017
Clock in, go to your desk see what task you have to complete around the store. Put up merchandise, and help customers. I learned how to talk to people more. Management is ok could be rude.
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bed Bath & Beyond. Our community is ready to answer.