Bed Bath & Beyond Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,047 reviews matching the search
Exciting and very fast pace with lots to learn
Receiving (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 11, 2016
There is always something to do. I learn something new daily. I belive that if you enjoy your job then its not just a job and the possibities are endless. I work with very tetermed hard working people who take pride in what they do and are very welling to teach me and I love every minute of it.
Pros
learn something new daily
Cons
I am Part Time
Good
Hard Lines Associate- Hard working and active (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 19, 2016
Very professional environment and great atmosphere for retail.... I love working with and meeting new customer's daily to help them receive what they've come to purchase. Management is stellar and hands on with all that you may not know. Co-workers are fun as well as well.
Pros
Great environment and discount
Cons
Just looking for more hours
Great place to work, good colleagues and customers
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLApril 11, 2016
Cash handling, customer service, balance drawer and place orders for inventory.
Maintain thorough knowledge of store merchandise.
Calculate total payments received during a time period, and reconcile this with total sales.
Compile and maintain non-monetary reports and records.
Use computerized systems that involve distributing and accounting for funds.
Pros
all
Cons
nothing
Bed Bath And Beyond was a great workplace with very positive people.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 5, 2016
Bed Bath And Beyond was a great company for my first job. The managers and employees were great positive people . They made me feel welcome and were patient during my training proccess which made me feel more confident stepping into the work force.
Pros
20% discount
Cons
No break at my age and hours
Slow and not enough hours
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZApril 13, 2016
I do like my job here but it is so slow, I'm use to a fast pace environment and keeping busy. Also the hours are not near what I need. The management is great and we have a friendly team but our job is too laid back for me. I come into work and help customers and 'zone' make sure everything is in its correct spot.
Pros
easy going, nice people, fun, can wear what we want
Cons
no paid lunch, slow, low pay, no hours
Great Part time hours, Very hard to advance within the company, Management at times seemed overwhelmed and over worked.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAApril 25, 2016
Typical Day= Stocking Shelves, Helping assist customers by answering questions and locating specific items for them even if they may not be in inventory.

I learned to work fast and efficient. There was never a spare moment between assisting customers and completely your daily projects. Had to stay focused and not let the small things get to you.

Management was over worked and therefore tempers were short. Often times mistreatment of customers and employees went overlooked.

Hardest part of job was not to get discouraged. They expected alot but gave very little in return for all the employees hard work.

Enjoyable part of job was great co-workers.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Poorly Managed Store
Great Team , Great customers and good hours
Customer Service, Replenishment (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 22, 2016
A Day a work for me is I start by walking the floor and seeing what areas need more attention than i make a visual list of the other areas that need to be worked on. All in all i still am greeting and engaging with customers making their shopping experience great and comfortable ! My management team is awesome , easy to work with and have great personalities. All my co workers are great team players always eager to help me out and offer great advice how to advance myself. The most enjoyable part of my job is the team i work with hands down. The hardest part of the job is getting all duties done when assisting multiple customers but they come first and their satisfaction is what we are all about along with the safety and cleanliness of our stores.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks
Just A Job.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 28, 2016
Just a job, there isnt anything really great about it. Working in retail has its good days and bad. A typical day at work would be helping customers and putting out product. The management can be good or bad. Has its days. Its only a part time job but they schedule you in the middle of the day. might as well be full time. Hardest part would be working with difficult customers. The most enjoyable is when you clock out. This is not somewhere i want to be long term.
Pros
Good customers.
Cons
Scheduled Hours, Associates
horrible place
Sales/Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Rego Park, NYMarch 28, 2016
ive worked there for about 2 years and it was the worse place to work.. they make you work like a slave and pay very poorly. they dont care if you have a family life or not.. if one calls out you are told to do there work and get upset if you do not finish on time. A lot of the customers were very rude and talk down to you as if you was stupid or something.. i would never go back there not even to shop.. i wish i could say something nice but i cant because even the co workers were lazy and did very little work while others work very hard. my advice... DO NOT APPLY OR SHOP THERE.
Pros
NONE
Cons
THE WHOLE COMPANY DOES NOT CARE
Fun job to work, I was just stuck with horrible managers.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAMarch 30, 2016
Part time at this job is a que for the managers to work you on the days you specifically ask to have off, no matter what your reason. Too much drama in the work place. I did learn a lot about customer sevice, and doing the job itself was actually quite enjoyable. Management plays a lot of games with the workers that are unnecessary.
Pros
Fun work
Cons
Horrible management

Want to know more about Bed Bath & Beyond?

Ask a question
Nice place to work
LEAD ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 26, 2016
I mainly worked day shift. Morning meetings were helpful, got the team prepped for the daily sales, information on new sales and clearance items. The store was extremely organized and I learned department management being a lead in the bath and bedding side of the store.
Pros
discounts on merchandise.
Cons
didn't provide health care for all full time employees.
Unsatisfactory
Bridal Lead (Current Employee) –  Renton, WAMarch 10, 2016
I am no longer interested in working for this company. Therefore I am looking into options. Started in Florida as a Floor
Associate for $8.00 and hour as part time. Transferred back here to Wash. and started here as part time. They liked my work so much as to want me to go to full Time for $9.00 an hour for some time before I discovered I was working under minimum wage so was raised to over $10.00. The I was promoted to Bridal Lead, but the raise did not come with the title. Have worked for 4 years under what should be the pay scale for my efforts. Continue to get great reviews, but was just told the .35 cents was all I was getting. So time for a change.
Pros
Close to where I live
Cons
No back up
Great diversity in the work environment, fast-paced.
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  La Habra, CAJune 1, 2016
A day at the job would consist of speaking with the manager about a certain set-up or the tasks at hand that needed to be completed that day. Once these tasks were handed out, they had to be done with multitasking and with attention to detail and proficiency.

I learned how to handle a variety of customers and make sure to understand what they were asking for and make sure that they were satisfied with products that would make sure they got tasks done at home.

Co-workers were very helpful and considerate when we needed assistance with anything in the store. Everyone worked as a team to complete tasks.

The hardest part of the job, not anything in particular.

The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that people would be going home happy and that I was able to finish the task that i was always handed.
Pros
Worked around schedules for school
Cons
short breaks
Friendly environment that works cohesively to satisfy the customer needs
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 1, 2016
Bed Bath & Beyond is a company with a family oriented culture. They work together to accomplish daily assignments. The atmosphere if very welcoming and all members of the staff are very supportive and encouraging.
Pros
Fun environment, great managment, great employee morale
Cons
Room for growth is minimal
Great Environment
Customer Service Cashier (Former Employee) –  Totowa, NJMay 23, 2016
I stayed with Bed Bath and Beyond for two solid years. I enjoyed the people and the customers that came into the store. There was always a moments of laughter and every one was on board with helping you understand things, especially if you were new.
Pros
Great people and sometimes free food
Cons
none really to me
Customers are great
SIDE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaApril 18, 2016
A typical day at work..you go in and work on multiple projects that senior management does not want to do themselves..
You learn more from the district staff and the customer service trainer..higher up management is a joke in almost every store..your co workers are awesome unless they haven't been properly trained which again falls under management..the hardest part of the job is busting your butt doing work and still getting told you arent doing a good job and accusing all of the employees of theft..the most enjoyable part of the job is the customers..overall I would not recommend this job to people that just want an easy job..you will bust your butt with very little to no recognition..the farther up north you are though the more recognition you get.
Pros
You get to work with great customers and make people happy
Cons
short breaks, always accuse employees of theft
Fast paced, friendly environment with kind staff.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rego Park, NY 11374May 21, 2016
Bed Bath and Beyond at first had me at the door while I was still a minor, where I greet incoming and outgoing customers handing them mobile offers and checking receipts. When I turned 18 I worked on the sales floor where my skills in communicating with customers flourished. I escort customers to the item they are looking for along with providing information on products to help them reaffirm their decision. I helped guests with buying gifts off wedding registries along with making online orders for customers when the product wasn't in store. I also worked as a back up cashier when the store was very busy. The most enjoyable part about working in Bed Bath and Beyond is the friendly work environment and positive attitude all employees had, along with all the new information I learned about household goods.
Pros
Kind staff, and flexible schedule.
Cons
Low hours.
An easy job with peeks of difficulty
Inventory Control (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, KSMarch 5, 2016
Its retail, so a high turnover rate can make some days more stressful than others due to a lack of coverage. Not the most physically demanding job but you do walk and are on your feet all day. Fourth quarter or the Black Friday till January is stressful. Inventory happens every year around February and I enjoy the break from the day to day tasks. Hardest part of my day is managing customer service during all of the lunch breaks.
Pros
Incentive items are sold exclusively to employee's at a reduced price
Cons
short breaks, retail hours, A debt free company means tech is out of date
Productive & fun.
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 2, 2016
Fun environment; However the pay and the hours aren't so great. Mainly because I am a college student and soon will be moving out to Tampa and I would like to be well prepared or the move. I love Bed Bath & Beyond mainly because it is different then other stores not just by shopping there but also because of the act that I am employed there. I would love to obtain a job where I can show my skills in being a laboratory professional.
Pros
Fun enviorment.
Cons
Shoert Breaks, Healthcare.
Great atmosphere with a steady pace of work that keeps you always doing something
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHMarch 1, 2016
Day to day as a associate i am expected to wheel the days freight that has come in via truck on to the floor and stock shelves, while also answering any questions a customer may have.
This demands good product knowledge and people skills.After stocking shelves is complete I also back stock the remaining items from the days freight. I am also expected keep the store looking nice and tidy which includes sweeping , dusting ,mopping ,or cleaning the facilities.
Pros
Great work atmosphere plenty of day to day work without over exhausting anyone .
Cons
No way to get promoted unless willing to work full time and have totally open availability .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bed Bath & Beyond. Our community is ready to answer.