Bed Bath & Beyond Employee Reviews

Found 2,952 reviews matching the search
Stock, cashier
Sales and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 12, 2017
Absolutely loved the job and the people at BBB! Never worked retail before and it was so much fun! Very physical and interactive with patrons. Just a fun job! Would still be working there if I could have made a decent wage.
Pros
Very fun, bluejeans and polos, great place.
Cons
Pay stinks, no better break on merchandise as employee than public gets with coupon.
Is a good place to strated if you have no expirians
Inventory Control/ Auditor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 11, 2017
The typical day at work starts by going in on time and clocking. I get the catty and start to open the windows on the catty. I see who is there and who called out. I talk with management and see what they want to get done for the day.
The workplace culture is a little defecated at time. The associates complain about the rules of the company and sometimes are not will to work as they slued.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to learned more skills and to impure my understanding.
Pros
cook out, same free luches.
Cons
poor healt care
Made working fun
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJuly 11, 2017
There are up times and down times at work but overall it went by very fast and the other employees were very kind. On the weekends it can get very busy and some customers can be rude but it made the day go by faster when we were busy. Also, during the week it could get very slow so it would feel longer but the other employees made it fun. There is always something to do plus the discount is good.
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
Can get really busy on weekend
Good part time job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Holly Springs, NCJuly 11, 2017
Have been working for the company for a year and a half while in school full time. My location is extremely flexible with my schedule which I am very grateful for. It's a good part time job. The only major con is the workload for more experienced/different shifts. The newer employees are not trained like we were, so we end up doing a lot of the work. Nice managers, will be sad when it's time for me to go.
Pros
flexible schedule, job culture
Cons
pay, workload
If you need some spending money
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 11, 2017
Its an alright place to work but not for full time. if you need some grocery cash its not too bad. I would only go back if in a pinch. Not a fan of having to focus on sales.
Pros
spending money
Cons
management
stressful, Unhappy
Lead Receiver (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 11, 2017
Start on freight
Top stock/ Down stock
Recieve freight/ Scan items
Customer service
The good people usually leave because the bad ones never have to leave even after talking to your managers
Never get no help with anything
Some days were alright but the bad days over took the good days
Hardest part is carrying heavily item down a ladder
Straining on the body
The most enjoyable pat of the job was the people I used to work there
Get discount
Pros
20% discount
Cons
Associate works harder then managers
productive work place
Front-End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAJuly 11, 2017
A typical day at work very fast paced busy all the time i learned how to supervise the front end some of management were very hands on others just sat in office workplace culture was never say no make sure all ailes are cleaned hardest part was to get employees in dept to come get on the register the most enjoyable part of my job was having great friends and family that i got to work close with
Good job for college students.
Inventory Control/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAJuly 11, 2017
Running freight that comes off the truck is a typical day at work. The job is easy and good for college students. You will learn basic customer service skills.
Pros
Higher wages
Cons
Hard to advance.
Production was fun to make
FORKLIFT DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 11, 2017
Typical day at work was either slow or fast but mostly slow when there wasn't any work. I've learn how to drive a forklift and fill active on the boxes I find. Management wasn't great because there was always having favorite people when you shouldn't have that work is work and outside is outside. Hardest part about it is finding the boxes because something there was a lot of boxes and take put just one or multiples. The enjoyable part about it is that you get to drive and meet new people and learn new things that you haven't learn.
Pros
learning new things
Cons
they had favorite people
Could be a great place to work
DEPARTMENT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  State College, PAJuly 10, 2017
Bed, Bath & Beyond is a good employer. But be careful of the store you work in. A typical day means coming to work on time, assisting customers, working freight, and making sure the store is ready for business at all time. Some managers do not give you enough time to accomplish tasks that are demanded of employees. Other managers are very easy to work with.

The associates get along for the most part. The managers try to make the day fun - but it can be very physically demanding - it depends on your position in the store.
Pros
Full-time associates receive paid time off, healthcare benefits, vision & dental benefits, 401(k)
Cons
Some bad managers, HR can be slow to step in and correct problems.

Want to know more about Bed Bath & Beyond?

Ask a question
a good job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Totowa, NJJuly 10, 2017
this job I can say is the easiest job ive ever had and it could be better .there are a few things that I don't like here and that's there time and attendance policy doesn't seem fair and it could be more work to be done I feel that the csrs have to much free time on there hands when not answering call and assistant customers
Great company to work for.
ASM: Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJuly 10, 2017
This company looks out for their employees. New stores are consistently opening and there's always room for advancement. I never have to worry about this company going under. Job Security.
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons
Micromanaged
feels like home
hardside replenishment (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 10, 2017
I worked as a hard side replenishment assoc. I would replenish shelves and put away new stock. I loved the people I worked with, training was excellent and there was always something to do. They have flexible hours and the management was always there to help with any issue that came up. The hardest part of the job was feeling overwhelmed when stock was heavy but I loved being busy so it wasn't that bad. The most enjoyable was that it always felt like family there so I never had that "I don't want to go to work today" feeling. If my family hadn't been relocated I would still be there.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
sometimes short handed
fast paced.
Cal Center Rep (Former Employee) –  Totowa, NJJuly 10, 2017
This would be the best call center I ever worked in...... If the pay wasn't so bad. They do inside advancement and they work with you to make sure you succeed. It is a little strict on the QA side just to assure the customers are receiving the best service possible but as long as you follow what they tell you to do you can definetly succeed and advance with BBB.
Quick-Paced, Nice Coworkers and Managers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILJuly 10, 2017
I liked working here because everyone was really nice and it paid well. Most of the time it was pretty crowded and could get really chaotic. I worked on the cashier, a few times on the floor, but mostly at the customer service desk. Customers are usually normal but some can be demanding and rude just like any retail job.
friendly
Softlines associate (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJuly 10, 2017
Very fast paced environment, easy going, and flexible with scheduling and hours for those who are students. Management is very open to change and new challenges
Good job, probably better if hired through beed bath and beyond instead of adecco staffing
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTJuly 10, 2017
Was hired through a staffing agency and their communication was not good. Bed Bath and Beyond was a great place to work offering many challenges and was very fast paced. I enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Liberal breaks and very kind managers
family friendly work place with great hours
sales associate (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJuly 10, 2017
Bed, Bath, and Beyond was a great place for a part time job. The hours worked perfectly for me when i got off the Oil plant to get there and have plenty of hours left to work into the evening. The pay rate wasn't enough to be a full- time job, but did make the part- time worth while. I loved the management and how they gave me my duties and just trusted me to get it done. The freedom to work me a higher sense of pride in the work.
Pros
great location, great hours, work freedom
Cons
pay rate, working holidays
Bed Bath and Beyond is a great job for a second income.
Customer Service/Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 10, 2017
I enjoyed my co-workers and managers. The environment is positive. The hours they work you has been disappointing. This job is great for anyone who needs a little extra income.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Not enough hours, no full-time opportunities
Worst job I ever had
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Estero, FLJuly 10, 2017
If you're looking for part time work at night not a career good move pay is terrible and the managers seen to not know how to manage I was almost goaded by a manager into fighting. The worst job I ever had hands down wouldn't recommend it at all
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bed Bath & Beyond. Our community is ready to answer.