Bed Bath & Beyond Employee Reviews

Found 2,836 reviews matching the search
Good people but work situations aren't always the greatest.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 6, 2017
For the most part liked working here but the management isn't the greatest and hours really weren't the best either. Not a lot of training involved either.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
Not good hours
Not a bad job, but management was awful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 5, 2017
I worked as a cashier on the front end of the store. I was quickly appointed to customer service due to exemplary performance. However, even though I performed well at the job, all cashiers were treated differently by the employees and management in other departments. I was often condescended for asking simple questions like where something was located in order to assist a customer. You're usually forced to ask over a walkie talkie which can be heard by every employee throughout the store, because as a cashier you are obligated to remain at your register to assist customers. I could not tolerate the disrespect, particularly when it was made public to every other employee in the building.
The operations manager is very intimidating and makes every interaction very uncomfortable. I would dread each and every day that we worked together.
Pros
Great discounts, easy work
Cons
Management is awful, rude and condescending. Other departments treat cashiers like they're dumb
Great
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Totowa, NJJune 5, 2017
It was a great place I liked working there; the people were nice and the work flow good. I liked going to work because it was a great place with good people.
Worked as a summer job, can't complain. Work wasn't stressfull.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hingham, MAJune 5, 2017
Not a bad place to work at for a college kid over the summer. Work was not hard and the management were courteous and easy to work with. Not the best job but not a bad place to work at.
Fun place to work, no room for advancement
Receiving Associate (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXJune 5, 2017
Been working at Bed Bath and Beyond for three years. No room for advancement and management slacks.Turnover rate is very high due to the unprofessionalism in the building. If it wasn't for the dead end encountered maybe the job would be worth it.
Pros
Good people to work with.
Cons
Schedule never out on time, you gotta know someone to get ahead, no opportunities even with seniority.
Great place to work with a happy enviornment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXJune 5, 2017
BB&B in McKinney is by far the best location in the country. The staff is more like a work-family, which allows for a positive environment for workers and customers alike. It is a retail job so you have to work with retail customers, which at times can be frustrating. But the workers at this store make up for the crazy customers that appear every once in a while. The managers are willing to work with you and any type schedule you have. Overall fantastic place to work.
Pros
Great coworkers, great managers, happy work enviornment
Cons
Occasional crazy customers
Great company if you don't mind working a lot of hours
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 4, 2017
Great company if you don't mind working a lot of hours. Pay is very good but you will defiantly work for it. Work/home balance is difficult. Company is run very well but has high requirements of hours worked.
Pros
Great pay, stability, chance for advancement
Cons
Works lots of hours. Store manager 65 hours plus a week
Fun but stressful
Front End Lead (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 2, 2017
I've worked at multiple locations. Each one has their own environment, especially depending on the manager. Can be a very fun, family environment to work, but also stressful.
Fun at times, stressful most times
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXJune 2, 2017
I get paid $10 an hour to lift, climb, and interact with customers. They expect you to be a superhero and be everywhere at one time. Some of my coworkers aren't helpful at all, with customers or assisting at closing time, and still receive more hours than those of us who actually want to work. The managers expect you to do everything but do nothing themselves; they sit in their offices for about 80% of their shift. At times it's relaxing, when it's a slow day and I like most of my coworkers, but there are a lot of flaws that need to be worked out as a company. They are also very good at working around employees' schedules, such as second job or school.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Lazy coworkers
Must always have a positive attitude
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNJune 2, 2017
If you love interacting with customers and talking about products, then this is the job for you. Although, like you sometimes, customers get grumpy and impatient so you have to deal with their bad attitudes but overall, it is a relatively fun job. If you work the customer service desk, you get to print registries be it, bridal, college, baby showers, etc. Also take returns and make exchanges and damage out the returns.
quick but slow
Sales Associate and Stock (Former Employee) –  Stowe, PAJune 1, 2017
bed bath beyond was quick paced but slow at the same time. i didn't really like it as much because i enjoy being envolved and working with my hands. it gave me great communication skills and taught me about more responsibilities.
Productive and fun work environment
Inventory Control/ Receiving/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 1, 2017
You can get crossed trained in all the areas that you would like. The staff are very easy going. Its very pleasant and its good for students how are going to school so the can have a little extra moneyin their pockets before they leave for school.
Team oriented workplace with frequent work to be done.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 1, 2017
A typical day at work can vary in pace depending on how much traffic is present, requiring you to jump right into work. I learned to be as confident and efficient as possible when working. Management varies greatly from person to person but overall they are helpful and approachable. The workplace culture is almost like a family where we can talk and address any concerns and work to solve them. The hardest part of the job is the physically demanding and fast paced work that may come during the day and certainly will come at closing time. There is a very steep learning curve when starting due to the cheer amount of inventory and company regulations that need to be memorized. The best part of the day is when traffic almost comes to a halt and there is time to clean up the store and possibly chat with coworkers.
Pros
Harris teeter is next door.
Cons
inconsistent work schedules.
Nice place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Royal Palm Beach, FLJune 1, 2017
It is really good experience for people that want to develop a career on retail field. Working with clients is not the easiest job, you must have/develop great patience. Bed Bath and Beyond helps you throughout training on this matter. You received good training. Work environment is good.
Pros
Good benefit package
Cons
Not pay enough for the job
Fun place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYJune 1, 2017
Best job ever really liked it. It was so much fun you learn a lot and it is not hard at all. There so nice there and positive. I recommend anyone to work there.
Pros
Fun place
Cons
Not a lot of hours
Great place to work, customer service oriented.
Lead Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 1, 2017
I worked in the receiving dept. it was a good job, workplace is relaxed and management was helpful, for the most part. good benefits and good discounts.
Good learning experience
Sales Associate / Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLMay 31, 2017
I learned a lot about being a leader with A Construction Maintenance Group. I enjoyed my time there and I will take all my experiences with me throughout my career life.
Ambiente agusto con café
Escaneando (Former Employee) –  Totowa, NJMay 31, 2017
La compañia te ofreces muchas facilidades y beneficios laborales.
Pros
Si seguro médico
Cons
Si avía descanso
N/a
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVMay 31, 2017
Not at this moment, not interested in saying anything at this time. I thought this was to confidential. Great place to work for I am just looking for better paying job.
enjoyable
Floor Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 31, 2017
even paced work environment, lots of product knowledge and product training. Monthly product discounts to promote knowledge and sales of high-end items.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bed Bath & Beyond. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval