Bed Bath & Beyond Employee Reviews

Found 2,320 reviews matching the search
Okay.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJDecember 12, 2016
Most coworkers are great but more often than not you will be over worked, under paid and unappreciated. Almost nothing gets done because they don't hire enough people to work the registers so you spend your day ringing up customers but then get yelled for not doing a good job in your department
Pros
30 minutes lunch break, 20% off employee discount
Cons
Brought me in for a new concept and then totally reneged on all positions.
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILDecember 12, 2016
I thought this was going to be a dream job. I had been pulling 18 hours days and doing many overnights to get the new concept started. I was supposed to run the entire department (food and wine).
I was also supposed to transition to wine buyer for the chain. Move back to NJ where the home office. I was never given a chance to actually run the concept, I was just a key proponent to getting it set up.
Pros
I had to learn a whole new set of sales skills
Cons
No work life balance. No place to work if you have a young family.
I love it here. People have became like family for me. Such a welcoming confortable place to work.
Cashier and Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WADecember 12, 2016
I love all my co workers. They're some of my best friends now. Like family. We work together as a perfect team and we make things as confortable as possible. Definitely love being a part of bed bath and beyond.
Pros
Discount. And everyone you work with makes it certain to do little special things for you.
Cons
Short hours. Little pay.
Fun work environment and benefits
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 12, 2016
I loved working here. If you know what your doing and you do it right you wont have a problem working here.

A typical day consisted of stocking shelves, dropping and filling, helping lots and lots of customers, jumping on registers, marking down clearance items
Cashier and Customer Service
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Willowbrook, ILDecember 12, 2016
My job was to provide excellent customer service by any means. I dealt with many complaints, orders, pick ups, damages, returns etc. My co-workers and I made a great team. To me the hardest part was the clean up at the end of the night and the most enjoyable parts were satisfying my customers.
Great place to learn customer service
Bridal and customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CODecember 12, 2016
This is great place to start the customer service field, there are plenty of opportunities as well for growth in all departments
Nice management and flexible hours
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Vallejo, CADecember 11, 2016
A relaxed environment. Easy work, but lots of tasks.Strict dress code, 45 minute lunches, and vending machine in the break room. Daily theft and loss prevention.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
the bathroom
Meh
Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZDecember 9, 2016
Horrible company to work for. The advancement is awful and the raises they gave us were not what we deserved with everything that we did for the store. I learned a lot working there bUT would never go back. Only think good was the other employees.
Experience varies
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLDecember 8, 2016
When I first started I loved the job, now not so much. Like any job the joy you get from working relies heavily on the team you're working with. If your team falls apart, the job becomes a source of stress. If your team is efficient, you'll enjoy your shift. They always seemed willing to work with school schedules though, so that was a huge plus.
Tedious but fun
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSDecember 7, 2016
Restocking, running the register, cleaning up. I learned that a job can in fact give you OCD. The management and co-workers were fantastic.

Want to know more about Bed Bath & Beyond?

Ask a question
Productive and fun workplace
Sales assicoate (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VADecember 5, 2016
My typical day at work starts out with early morning projects. After when we open my main focus is customer service. i always want to make them to have an great experience so they will return. The hardest part about my job is when a customer leaves without anything. i want to do my best in making sure they come with whatever they came to shop for. The most enjoyable part of my job Is bonding with an customer over an item we have in common. when you bond it brings the customer back and i enjoy hearing about how the product works for them.
Warehouse
Warehouse clerk (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, GADecember 5, 2016
VERY nice clean large warehouse. Great training for whatever department you were working in.Tried to maintain good company morale,
ongoing training,
Pros
great benefits
Cons
short lunch breaks and wkend work
great place to work
1st shift stock (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 5, 2016
I believe this company is doing a great job with plenty of product selction to keep up with or exceed competitors. I enjoy the way the team works well together.
very productive/ fast past
Customer Service Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, OHDecember 4, 2016
Customer service is good. being a bridal consultant was a bit challenging but overall it was a great place to work if you were looking for something short term
Average
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 3, 2016
Job was good. However limited opportunities for increase. Hard worker and results are obvious but not able to see results through pay. Thanks in advance for your consideration.
management
Cashier/Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PADecember 2, 2016
Working at Bed Bath & Beyond was a positive experience. Besides them not being able to work with my school schedule, it contained a positive group of people along with a good system of management.
Hard workers and team players.
Cashier/HBC Associate/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GADecember 1, 2016
A typical day at Bed Bath & Beyond was busy. the Management was great a very skilled. My coworkers were definitely team players. The hardest part was stocking. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people.
Pros
Nice pay
Cons
Not a career choice
Managers
Receving Lead (Current Employee) –  Longmont, CODecember 1, 2016
Great managers that will fight for you and help you out when you need it. Always a fun day at work. They are your managers yet treat you like you are a person and not a number.
Great culture and a place to build communication and sales skills
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILDecember 1, 2016
This job was very accommodating with your schedule and management was very positive. Bed Bath and Beyond puts the customer first and managers insisted we help customers over doing freight and stocking the shelves.

Typically I would answer phone calls, help customers find products, and in most cases we would help customers compare product descriptions and prices to help them make a purchase. When we weren't busy helping customers we worked on stocking shelves, and organizing inventory.

A big part of this job was to make online sales, also known as "Beyonds". In order to do this, approaching customers was key, and from there you had to identify their needs and if it wasn't available in the store you could influence them to order it in store. This helped the stores numbers and it also put you in a sales scenario, in which you could develop your sales strategy.

The job didn't offer commission, but it did help you when you received your performance review.

This job has a great environment and I also liked that it had holidays off and the company would often buy food from local restaurants for the employees.
Pros
- Free food on black friday weekend, Accomodating Schedules, Positive management, great part-time job, requesting days off were simple and easy, great way to build customer relationships
Cons
Retail in general can start to bog you down, but coworkers made it fun.
work place
Assistant Buyer Vendor Direct (Current Employee) –  Union, NJNovember 30, 2016
nice place to work positive environment good learning experience systems are old but they make it work management is nice co workers are great people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bed Bath & Beyond. Our community is ready to answer.