Bed Bath and Beyond

Bed Bath and Beyond Employer Reviews

Big box failure for employees
Office Manager/Inventory Control (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 16, 2014
Pros: the customers (if in a nice area)
Cons: low pay, not enough hours, no higer growth without a degree (even though you train the managment and know more than they do!)
Every loss of an needed employee they do not hire to replace, just give the job duties to another person to further their work load and of course do not add compensation or schedule more time for the worker to get the job completed. Very little for scheduling, expect complete and total availability even if it is only 10 hours a week they need you for. – more... Being sick and having to call out, is not allowed, will bully you into coming in for work shift even with a doctors note.
Training is good, for products but not constant enough since training is interrupted for other projects.
Helping people is the best part of the job, but management and upper management is what drove me out of the company.
I would not recommend working for this company. – less
A great place to work
Customer Service Specialist/Supervisor (Former Employee), Staten Island, NYApril 16, 2014
Pros: great work envirnoment
All my customer service skills were learned on the job. The customer is always right and never say No will stick with me forever
Busy work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fort worth txApril 16, 2014
Provide customers with any assistance needed throughout their shopping experience. I was proficient in helping in any department at any time because I was well cross-trained. I was a cashier and handled money with no discrepancies during my tenure and left with a good reputation and working relationship with all employees and managers
Productive Day
Customer Service Trainer (Former Employee), Coral Gables, FLApril 15, 2014
Pros: pleasing enviornment
Cons: benefits
While I worked at Bed Bath and Beyond my typical day consisted of scheduling employees, conducting orientation for new employees, train existing employees on products and selling skills. Ensured customer service throughout the store. Assisted registrant brides when creating their bridal list. Sometimes I managed the front end cashiers.

I learned to – more... work with all type of people, their personalities and way of learning since I trained different employees everyday. I also became good and multitasking, reaching deadlines and being a team player.

I enjoyed helping people. I felt as a trainer it was my responsibility to assist employees to grow in the company. I felt that I was able to help them achieve their responsibilities better if I made sure they were trained properly. – less
It was a ok job!
Cashier (Former Employee), Totowa, NJApril 12, 2014
just working as a cashier and dealing with different people everyday.
Fun place to work and love the employees and customers
Department Manager (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COApril 12, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: long hours
Customer service and safety are main focus.I like the culture of the store but long hours for management.This company taught me great customer service skills
labor intensive workplace
Sr. Operations Manager (Former Employee), pittsfield maApril 11, 2014
Pros: great discount
Cons: long hours
pays very well
labor intensive job, everyone does the same workload
low turn over
good management
A great store with good co-worker's and great customers!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Salem, NHApril 10, 2014
Pros: located not far from home
Cons: not enough hours.
It was very enjoyable atmosphere. A very organized store with awesome items !
Hard side associate
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAApril 10, 2014
Pros: great company
Cons: takes to long to move up
Trained cashiers, daily reconciliation, sales, customer service, freight, bridal consultant.. I have done just about every position in Bed Bath & Beyond. I have a great affection for this company and the way they treat their customers. There really is no better place to shop at
Department Manager
Sales Manager (Former Employee), YonkersApril 8, 2014
Cash Room, receiving and inventory Control.
Rotations and customer service,
Trained new employees, POS system and Loss Prevention.
Great work atmosphere and friendly higher up staff.
fast pace and up beat job
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Hawthorne, CAApril 8, 2014
Pros: free cofee and donuts
Cons: sometimes there would be long lines
my day would consist of performing excellent customer service and ensuring that all customer who enter the store was able to be quickly accommodated and had all there needs met. Upon my employment at bed bath and beyond I learned the importance of team work and also how to manage my time.
Good company to work for.
Department Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 7, 2014
Pros: customer interactions
Cons: swing shifts
Manages sales associates on a daily bases. Creates and maintains merchandise presentations and window dressings. Orders and prepares product for placement.

The best part of the job for me was customer relations.
Well organized, clean, and above standard service
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Warwick, RIApril 6, 2014
I learned something new everyday here. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers making them happy and making things more convenient for them.
Great and inovative company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ARApril 5, 2014
Pros: good wages
Cons: upper management has never managed under current labor standards
Review trucks and merchandise coming in and make space for new items, Assist customers with purchase selections. Co-workers are great but lots of inexperience.
Productive,Work,Engaging,Expert!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Radnor, PAApril 3, 2014
A typical day as a Customer Service Representative includes, talking and assisting with products and services.As well as advising customer in Bridal and Gift registries.Gift packages,and engaging with clients.
GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJApril 3, 2014
BED BATH AND BEYOND WAS A JOB WHERE YOU COULDN'T HELP BUT LOVE. YOU GET TO LEARN SO MUCH ABOUT,HOUSEHOLD ITEMS.YOUR KNOWLEDGE WILL HELP A CUSTOMER WHO IS NEED OF EXPERTISE. A TYPICAL DAY AT WORK IS FUN AND KNOWLEDGABLE.
Decent work
INVENTORY ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 1, 2014
I was kept busy all throughout the day, rarely any time to be idle.
Great place to work and learn
Sales Representative (Former Employee), BOLINGBROOK, ILLINOISApril 1, 2014
Pros: learning and executing what you have learn, team work
Cons: no lunch break unless you work more than 6 hrs and no breaks!!!!
If you wanna learn the basic skills of sales and customer service this is the perfect company to do it., they will put all they effort to teach you the bennefits, difference,benefits, etc of every single item sold in the store, you just have to be a motivated worker, every store has they wierd and fun co-workers,the hardest part of the job was keeping – more... your calm and nerve with aggresive customers, (not every day, not all the customers) – less
Very good workplace, great supervision provided by managers and supervisors.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Totowa, NJMarch 31, 2014
A regular day at work would be very busy with alot of incoming calls. At times it could get very out of hand with the back to back calls but there was always a manager and supervisor available to assist you with any problems. The coworkers were fun and helpful which made the day go by very fast. The hardest part of the job was when customer's product – more... was damaged in transist or behind in schedule because the customers would get frustrated and become irrate. The most enjoyable part of the job was the customers because I enjoyed knowing that I was apart of them having a great shopping experience with our company. – less
Fun Job
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Estero, FloridaMarch 30, 2014
We love to have fun here, it's been a great experience so far!

1 2 3 4 5

About Bed Bath and Beyond

Bed Bath & Beyond (BBB) has everything you need to play "house" for real. It's the nation's #1 superstore domestics retailer with about – Read more

Bed Bath and Beyond Photos