Bed Bath and Beyond

Bed Bath and Beyond Employer Reviews

Bed bath & Beyond
Remodel Crew/ Sales (Current Employee), Westminster, Colorado & Aurora, ColoradoAugust 27, 2014
Pros: good discount
It has been a Great Challenge, I really have liked the people i work with, I have learned alot about the retail industry, I learn something new every day, I will keep learning and keep trying to be the best i can at what i do.
Productive and great place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee), Rocky Mount, NCAugust 27, 2014
Assisting on duty managers with daily duties to keep the business a float.
Boring...
Department Manager (Former Employee), Concord, NCAugust 27, 2014
Cons: crazy hours
As depart manger it was boring and the management was like a revolving door. The pay and benefits made this job worth it.
Coordinator
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Totowa, NJAugust 26, 2014
Pros: great job, lots of perks.
Cons: management needed improvement badly.
Very fast paced office: I have had to pleasure of working out of all three locations of this company. I excelled with the experience.
Customer wise excellent, management wasn't the best.
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee), Schererville, INAugust 25, 2014
Helped customers daily to find their needs and wants. I learned that you cannot always satisfy everyone and sometimes others won't treat you the way you treat them.
fun place to work
Sales, Cashier, Customer Service (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNAugust 25, 2014
I fun place to see the newest thongs thats come out. to help others is a blast!
Very physical
Sales (Former Employee), Metairie, LAAugust 22, 2014
Pros: customers
Cons: hours
Stock merchandise. Loved working with customers. Hours to late with a small child
Fine line
Department Manager (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKAugust 22, 2014
Pros: benefits, discounts, versatility, product knowledge
Cons: no support on any level for a new employee
As Bed Bath and Beyond is actually a very nice company to work for and the benefits that are give are top notch the Managerial aspect is not the best. I was Department Manager (newly employed) with extensive managerial background and that did nothing to prepare me for what I was in store for. The staff were very young which meant DRAMA and unless you – more... have been working for a good period of time no matter your title or background you had no weight.

My particular assistant manager was awesome but anything higher than that did nothing for you (within store). I would recommend working for this company but be very mindful of the store you will be looking for. I was also expecting to work at the store closer to me but it ended up being the opposite. – less
Good Company- Great people!
ASM, Merchandising, Operations Manager (Former Employee), Birmingham, Al - Montgomery, Al - Greenville, SCAugust 19, 2014
I learned so much while with this company. They provide extensive training on product and practice what they preach on Customer Service. Also, empowering employees to handle issues in store is a bonus! You must be a worker to survive though - a lot is expected from all levels.
fun place to work for
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), West Nyack NYAugust 19, 2014
Very busy all day helping customers and employees. ordering, payroll etc...
Great managers and great co-workers
Front End Lead (Current Employee), Tigard, ORAugust 19, 2014
I genuinely enjoy my job. I work with great managers and awesome co-workers. I am ready to transition into a career with more stable hours and a retail environment can not provide that for me.
great place to shop, high on customer service
Department Manager (Current Employee), Greenville, NCAugust 19, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: long hours
Great place to shop, high on customer service. I love working with the bridal couples who are registering with bbb. Very stressful place to work.
Decent Pay and Easy Tasks
Assistant Department Manager (Former Employee), Milpitas, CAAugust 16, 2014
Pros: 20% off your entire purchase
Cons: low pay
Come to work in jeans and a polo, organized shelves did what ever your boss needed done for the day and provide excellent customer service.
Productive workplace that worked well with my school schedule.
Customer Service (Current Employee), Paramus, NJAugust 15, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: short breaks
I work at customer service so I mainy handle returns. The management there isnt the best but I have had worse in the past. My co-workers are amazing. We are all relatively around the same age so we kind of go to each other for advice on things. The hardest part of my job is not having enough coverage when the lines become insanely long. The most enjoyable – more... part of my job is that I get to make sure that the customer leaves happy. – less
No comment
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Joliet, ILAugust 14, 2014
No real room for advancement
Management was helpful and willing to aid in customer service
Family oriented work environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYAugust 13, 2014
Pros: insurance, room for advancement, flexibility
Cons: pay, contradictory promises
A typical day of work consisted of lots of running around. Whether it be merchandising, customer service, ringing or a project, there was usually a way to keep busy. The managers were supportive and helpful. The hardest part of the job was maintaining consistency. It can be a nuisance completing the same tasks again and again every day. Another issue – more... is the fact that corporate dictates things like payroll and promotion, which would take some convincing from your managers. The best part about the job was the family vibe to it. You gain familiarity with most of the people their and build plenty of relationships. All in all, if you can get past the politics, it is a decent job. – less
a typical day at work what you learned management your co-workers the hardest part of the job the most enjoyable part of the job
Oracle Developer (Former Employee), Union, NJAugust 12, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Very customer service forward company.
Customer Service/Training Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Willobrook, Houston, TxAugust 12, 2014
My typical day starts at 5 am. I print our previous days sales report and pull merchandise to replenish the store accoring to the report. I clean and maintain the order of the stock rooms. I also back stock all over stock merchandise from our frieght from that day. I maintain 4 different stockrooms. I also update our database with the most current inventory – more... that we have in our stock rooms, At about 9:30-10 A.M., I switch gears, I then look up our files on all of our employees and see what classes I am able to give. I give new hire classes, which pertain to cashier training, training in our bridal dept. (How to pull a registry as well as how to create a registry), Customer service classes, also merchandise classes for the whole store. At the end of my shift I typically am the relief for our Front end/customer service lunch coverages.

I have learned many things during my employment at BBB, I can honestly say that the most important thing that I have aquired while working there is the customer service skills. I have learned how to make light in any situation, how to calm an irrate customer down, how to keep my composure during stressful situations.

The hardest part of my day is, not always having all of my fellow co-workers take part in keeping the stock rooms organized.

The most enjoyable part is being able to help a customer find a solution to their problems. – less
No Possibility For Advancement
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Hamden, CTAugust 11, 2014
Cons: too many managers/not enough worthwhile employees
I have worked for this employer since Mid-2007, and have been a part-time associate since then. Hours for myself can range anywhere from twelve to thirty-nine per week, depending on when I am needed or how many new associates have been hired. Employee turn-around seems to be rather high.

I have been fully trained in every possible "sales-floor position". – more... These include: Bridal Consultant, Cashier, Housewares, Lifestyles, Bedding, Bath, and Customer Service desk. I am also trained in receiving which enables me to create and maintain Plan-O-Grams, as well as fulfilling stock replenishment reports.

Although I personally enjoy the company and work ethic of most of my managers, they all have different agendas. I can be told one thing by "John Doe" and when I complete it, "Jane Doe" says it's wrong and should not have been done in the first place.

The few co-workers that I truly enjoy being around are the ones that actually seem to care about their jobs. Most of the newer employees are just there for the money, and get in the way of the "veteran" employees. They ask for more hours, and are rewarded them because they are new and have some sort of sob story to go along with it. The fellow "veterans" and I are trying our best to earn a living and get the necessary thirty hours per week to pay the bills.

I have been promised (and denied) a full-time position on several occasions. I recently spoke with one of my (many) managers about when I could possibly even be considered for full-time. They said unless I am in the right place at the right time, there is close to no chance for me to ever get it. This particular manager was hired over 15 years ago, and has district and regional managers above him that have been there less time than himself. A company that preaches about culture and service seems to have no problem hiring outside management to come and mess it all up. – less
great place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Westbury, NYAugust 9, 2014
great place to work in the retail world. treated people as people

1 2 3 4 5

About Bed Bath and Beyond

Bed Bath & Beyond (BBB) has everything you need to play "house" for real. It's the nation's #1 superstore domestics retailer with about – Read more

Bed Bath and Beyond Photos