Bed Bath and Beyond
1,059 reviews

Bed Bath and Beyond Employer Reviews

Okay work environment
Retail Salesman (Former Employee), Union City, GAJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: you get 30% off purchases
Cons: dealing with disrespetive costumers.
Restock the shelves, open the store, help costumers with questions. Management is ok as well as the co-workers. Its not that hard of a job to do.
This place was okay to work at, but they expected to much from one person
Key holder/Customer Care (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: learned more about customer service
Cons: lazy co-workers
This place was okay to work at, but they expected to much from one person
Productive and Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 6, 2015
A typical day at work involves delivering excellent customer service, assisting with stock maintenance, training new employees by providing them with knowledge about utilizing the company’s database and rules/ regulations. On weekends, I am told sometimes to manage the whole store since all of the managers and other sales associates are busy ringing up customers. All of my co-workers enjoy having me as part of a team. I am very well known in the store. Hardest part of the job involves the lifting of heavy boxes resulting in back pain. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the smiles on the faces of customers after assisting them with their needs.
Fun work place great management
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: great people, fair treatment.
Cons: n/a
A typical day at work consisted of cashing people out on the register, answering the telephone and assisting customers with who or what they were looking for. I learned that I am great with customer service and on the phones. The management there was fantastic, they genuinely cared and did what they could to make every employee feel equal and important. The hardest part of the job was probably all of the returns we had to keep track of. I always enjoyed the fact that I liked going into work here and was happy to do so.
Fast pace environment to work
Department Supervisior (Current Employee), Paramus, NJJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: incentives, growth in company
A typical day of work consists of price changes, expiration walks, replenishing the shelves, putting out daily freight, organizing the merchandise on the shelves, helping customers find products and having knowledge about merchandise, and putting planograms together.

Having worked for the company seven years I have learned how to properly address customers' needs and demands. I don't panic no matter how stressful the situation may seem.

The hardest part of my job is when there are several tasks needing to be complete that day and there aren't enough bodies to facilitate it getting complete. I'm one who likes to finish everything I start. I'm often having to run to other departments to assist customers thereby leaving my task at hand. I understand customers come first. So, I am quick to help customers. At least I can say I finish each task each day as directed to me and that is the most enjoyable part of my day.
Great Place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mesa, AZJanuary 4, 2015
I learned a lot working here. The Company helped me in many ways.
A good part time job while in school.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Victor, NYJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: nice management, flexible hours
Cons: part time, hard to obtain more hours post graduation
- Greeted customers and worked the register
- Replenished shelves as needed
- Aided customers with general questions in regards to stock
- Maintained a safe floor for all customers to ensure a better shopping experience.
- Worked together as a team to ensure all goals obtained.
My experience while working there.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), McDonough, GADecember 31, 2014
Pros: employee coupon
Cons: depending on the location the management could use some fixing up.
I have gained more knowledge in retail, cashiering, how to build a relationship with customers, sales, and consulting bride and grooms with making a registry.
Perhaps better than typical retail, but still retail
PT weekend cashier/art merchandiser (Former Employee), Gilroy, CADecember 30, 2014
Pros: 20% discount
Cons: no ft, no benefits, no control over hours
I worked the front end, customer service and merchandising the art wall. I enjoy art so keeping the art wall neat, up to date was fun. Management was fine, co-workers were great. The store merchandise was very nice and the classes to learn about the merchandise was a lot of fun.
Good people to work with
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), North Canton, OHDecember 30, 2014
Received truck orders, shipped transfers and completed general maintenance. Stocked and priced inventory as it was receved. Supervised and coordinated the transfer truck, and headed up inventory teams. Monitored inventory loss for the Loss Prevention Team.
Fun upbeat workplace -Great atmostsphere
Cashier, Sales person, Customer service (Former Employee), Brunswick, GADecember 29, 2014
A typical day would consist of helping every customer, making sales, understanding the need of what the customers are looking for.Help making the store look presentable. making sure everyone that walk in had a nice experience before leaving. I learned how to deal with difficult situations such as Demanding, and unsatifiable customers. The Hardest part of this job was reaching high shelves.The most enjoyable part was our co-workers were like family.
overall a good job
Customer service, Cashier, handled money (Former Employee), Austin, TXDecember 29, 2014
they worried a lot about there employees and customers safety a lot. they where very kind and had wonderful customer service.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Lead (Current Employee), Pocatello, IDDecember 28, 2014
Pros: advancement within the company first
Cons: not very good raises, favoring
I love working here. I learned you need to be fair with all employees and to not favor one or two. Make sure your employees are happy and taken care of. Hardest part is working with none motivated people. I love being able to interact with customers and helping them get items for their home.
No work life balance
Customer service Manager (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNDecember 27, 2014
If you are a manager you are at the whims of the company. Zero work life balance and if you are not friends with your store manager you dont' get any consideration for your personal life.
Fun place to work with great employees!
Customer Service (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 26, 2014
Pros: great people, great break times
Cons: bad hours
I think it's a great company. I have had my share of not so nice employees, but overall, I had fun while working there.
Very friendly for the most part
Cashier (Former Employee), Rockville, MDDecember 22, 2014
I enjoyed my time at Bed Bath& Beyond. My co-workers were friendly and easy to get along with. The managers were okay, some were helpful some weren't. Overall my experience there was a good one.
nice comfortable work place
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Rochester, NYDecember 22, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of checking out customers, and counting till at end of shift. The management team was understanding and caring. The day also consisted of daily inventory and restocking shelves and displays. The co-workers were cooperative and responsive which allowed for a smooth work day.
productive
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee), Springfield, NJDecember 21, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: long hour
bedding and other household thing. different types of companies and products. management was different coworkers was helpful and fun. getting thing done. serving the customer
Great co-workers and a fast paced work environment.
Sales floor associate (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKDecember 19, 2014
a typical day at work involves filling a room with required merchandise, and helping any and all customers that need assistance. I've learned a lot from there considering i've been moved all over the store, from the cookware/cleaning departments to sheets/pillows/personal care departments. My co-workers are amazing and i consider some of them to be family. The hardest part of the job would be balancing a task at hand and customer assistance. as for the most enjoyable part, that would have to be the synergy between all of the employees being able to help a multiple customers throughout a day.
Not a terrible place to work.
Receiver/Stocker (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 16, 2014
A typical for a receiving associate is usually walking into a mess. Very disorganized and you'll spend quite sometime cleaning up after everyone else. You have to adjust to working fast in a small area where there isn't much for you to move at all. You have to be a quick thinker because 9 times out 10 nothing goes according to plan. Management is very iffy at times. Would I say if they are reliable? not really. When Things are getting out of hand, we find ourselves on our own trying to make things happen. That's one thing that I actually like about the job. It showed me that I can still get the job done no matter what. The one thing I really dislike is the lack of support. receiving is the most important part of that store, but when it comes to asking for help, sometimes you'll be left with your hand out.

About Bed Bath and Beyond

Bed Bath & Beyond (BBB) has everything you need to play "house" for real. It's the nation's #1 superstore domestics – Read more

Bed Bath and Beyond Photos