Bed Employee Reviews in United States

Beginning to improve overall. Not there yet.
1st. Shift Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Pendergrass, GAMarch 13, 2016
Early in my career with them it wasn't fun at all. Compensation isn't nearly where it should be to attract or retain associates or Managers.
Since new upper management arrived workdays are more fun, and hopefully better compensation for Managers will follow soon.
Pros
Starting to function like a distribution business and not a retail store.
Cons
Still have fragments of retail business in distribution. It's 2 different businesses.
Productive and excellent work environment
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNMarch 15, 2016
Everyone worked at the same level as a sales associate and would help each other out if needed.

I learned a lot of many different tasks such as how to better sales associate, the best way to handle customer service, and how to work well as a team.

The management was excellent and was always there to help with everyone's needs.

The hardest part of the job would have to be trying to know every product.

The most enjoyable part of the job would be working how much we worked as a team.
Pros
There was always enough time for lunch breaks
Cons
Healthcare
Interesting customers/ variety in customers and goods for sale
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 7, 2016
Very busy store, constant lines with customers often having to wait. I enjoyed the customers wide variety of ages and ethnicity. I learned how to use the cashier's computer and locations of various departments in the store. Communication with management was not good, they were usually very busy and not available on all shifts. Friendly and helpful coworkers, but very little time to get to now them. Expectations very high but could achieve them. Meeting the many customers and being able to assist them.
Pros
some flexibility in work days and hours
Cons
No breaks but I was able to work a short shift
Bed,Bath & Beyond
Customer Service/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHJune 11, 2016
Working at the retail store Bed, Bath & Beyond, can be challenging. It can be challenging because you have to learn to work at a fast pace and also multi task. I work at the customer service desk so I have to answer phones, print off gift registry's, and check out customers. If you are good at working at a fast pace then this job is for you. The management is great they are nice to their employees and compromising. They treat you with respect and make enjoy working with them. The co-workers are like a family to me, everyone is nice and is willing to help one another. The hardest part of the job can be applying coupons to a customers purchase. I think that because there is a certain way coupons have to be applied to each transaction. When coupons are not applied to a transaction the way the customer expected to use them some customers can get rude and nasty and make you feel uncomfortable at times. I always get the manager involved.
Pros
Bed, Bath & Beyond works good with your schedule
Cons
no holiday pay, not hiring full time positions, hours can go up and down
Productive and fun place to work with a play station in the break room
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTJune 14, 2016
At bed bath and beyond, everyone would welcome eachother and greet eachother when we arrived for work. I learned to have alot of patience with customers and co workers. The management was fair most of the time with few cons to them. I loved my co workers and the stories they had to tell. The only hard part about the job was to keep an angry cusotmer, calm. But on the upside, the most enjoyable part was when we would have potlucks, and play on the play station during our lunches.
Pros
Pot Lucks, Free Lunches, Soda Machine
Cons
Negative people
Wonderful learning experience with co-workers and managers that believe in you
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brighton, MIJanuary 13, 2016
My job position is a customer service associate where I learn excellent customer service and selling strategies. I learned how to merchandize items to increase sales, answer phones and speak professionally, and how to always put customers first. Management granted me traveling opportunities within the company in order for me to learn even more about different the different aspects of the business and they truly do believe in me succeeding.
Would be great if you can sit sometimes
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, NYJuly 26, 2016
Some co workers were nice but my supervisor was very harsh on everyone never a please or thank you or never something positive to say about her employees.
Pros
Meeting different people
Cons
Can't sit at all only at lunch which is ridiculous.
Great place to work at just unpredictable hours, and early leaves
Stocker/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Fenway Park, MAJune 2, 2016
I loved Bed Bath and Beyond. The management was very lenient and understanding; however I did not like the fact that I could come into work and be sent home a couple hours later because a lack of things to do.
Fun workplace, Fast pace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAJuly 20, 2016
Good people management is great. Work at quick pace. Employees are helpful. Schedules are flexible and managers will work with you. help customers all day. Find products using online order. Special orders.
Productive and energetic place to work
Tracking/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 18, 2016
Working with great team members and management to provide the best patient satisfaction daily.Hard work but also very fulfilling. Staff is very fun to work with.
Pros
Cafeteria
fun to work at
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Manhasset, NYJune 26, 2016
very easy going, things flowed in a good direction. I work with different departments on a daily basis.. Everyone worked as a team and helped each other out when needed
Productive and Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cranberry, PAJune 7, 2016
Great management and overall great work culture and work environment. High employee engagement and low turn over rates.
Pros
Calm yet productive work environment
box loader
box loader (Current Employee) –  pendergrassApril 19, 2016
load boxes on to a 53 inch trailer in brick layers go in a typical day its pretty easy around the place but I don't know don't work in different appertments.
Horrible work enviroment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNOctober 19, 2015
When I was working here they treated me very unfair, this place had to be the worst job that I have ever had. the management would talk about staff behind their back and acted different to their face. When people would ask for certain days off in advance they just ignored the fact that it was asked. they are just a very unethical place to work.
Cons
Short Lunches, Horrible management
fun always busy.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 9, 2016
keep you busy lots of great people you work with you become a family that is always there for each other. i really loved working there.
Pros
great people to work with.
Cons
low pay
productive and very laid back work place
Gift Wrap/ runner/ shipping (Former Employee) –  Pendergrass, GASeptember 1, 2014
a typical day at work consisted of making sure you were meeting customers requests and getting the orders out as quick as possible. I learned that you have to have lots of patience but also have to have the knowledge to learn how to run certain things and not get upset. the hardest part of the whole job was people trying to start trouble for no reason. The reason I left this place was an accidental lay-off and just wasn't willing to go back and deal with the headache.
benefits
Cons
unmanagable employees
Productive and learning experienced
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NevadaJune 27, 2015
I worked 8 hours a day in 2nd shift. Being an Auditor of Quality Assurance under Inventory Control Department, I performed audits of incoming and outgoing products focused on quality of the product with accounting procedures and data entry as well. The staff and management are nice. I love working as a team member. and never find hardship regarding the assigned task.
Pros
2 Break Time (15 min. each) and 1 lunch break (30 mins.)
Cons
You are encouraged to bring new ideas and processes to the table.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Abilene.txJuly 10, 2015
I learned to be self motivated at Bed Bath since every store runs differently from the other depending on the store manager. You have to be self motivated and creative to thrive. You get to order the products you think will sell in your store.
Pros
Encouraged to be creative.
Cons
always rolling out new processes with little communication
Fun and very friendly place to work
Customer service (Current Employee) –  South portland, MEMay 11, 2015
While working at Bed and bath I would assist customers with returns and purchases. All my co-workers and management team were always very friendly and understanding. The most enjoyable part is the people I work with.
Place Sucks
Merchandise Associate (Current Employee) –  West Babylon, NYNovember 15, 2014
The managers do not open the door on time for me to clock in, so i am a min. or 2 late. The managers yell at you and belittle you in front of other associates as if you are illiterate. Expect a whole days worth of work to be done in 3 hours and put to do by one person. Hardest part of the job is going to work. The most enjoyable part of the job is leaving. Everything is over priced. Managers do not do their jobs, they let you move up and down the ladders with out spotting you with a 50lb box.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything, low pay, horrible management, alot of hours to be yelled at.