Bed Employee Reviews

great people to work with and good working environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 21, 2016
Bed Bath and Beyond has a great team, and the working environment is pleasant. It is a fun job that allows me to interact with all kinds of people and has allowed me to develop better people skills.
Pros
good environment
Cons
a lot of people work there, so hours can be hard to come by
Courtesy Clerk
Coffee Replenishment Associate (Former Employee) –  Canoga Park, CANovember 22, 2016
helping customers
how to have patience with customers
management had no communication
co-workers were friendly
hardest part of my job was not getting hours
the most enjoyable part of my job was dealing with the managers in other departments.
Pros
discounted food
Cons
no communication
The other associates are all nice to work with.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 7, 2016
Busy most of the time, learned who to trust and who not to.
Management, does not no how to correct an associate when they do something wrong they say it in front of customers, and coworkers.
Hardest part of the job is trying to do everything perfect.
The most enjoyable part is the other associates they are in the same situation and we bond together well.
Pros
Time off when needed.
Cons
Have to request the time off 16 days in advance.
Bed, Bath & Beyond
Sales Associate-Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXAugust 18, 2016
Working at Bed, Bath & Beyond was great. I loved the smells. I loved the merchandise. It just didn't seem to get as busy as I would have thought it would get. I just stood there most of the time. I finally started venturing through the store looking for something to do or clean up. If you like laid back then that is a job for you. For me, I like to keep moving.
Good paced work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAsSeptember 19, 2016
good start up job, if there was room for advancement I would consider still working there. good mix of people to work with.
Pros
meet a great variety of employees and customers, clean store.
Cons
no schedule accomodation for someone with children, low pay, no advancement.
Interesting customers/ variety in customers and goods for sale
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 7, 2016
Very busy store, constant lines with customers often having to wait. I enjoyed the customers wide variety of ages and ethnicity. I learned how to use the cashier's computer and locations of various departments in the store. Communication with management was not good, they were usually very busy and not available on all shifts. Friendly and helpful coworkers, but very little time to get to now them. Expectations very high but could achieve them. Meeting the many customers and being able to assist them.
Pros
some flexibility in work days and hours
Cons
No breaks but I was able to work a short shift
company provides good service
Receiving Manger (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 5, 2016
hard and productive days. I learned how to manage on the move. with management we all had different view on how to manage the store but always came to a command ground. my co workers were easy manage and work with. the hardest part not enough staffing at times. the most enjoyable was seeing everyone work together.
Fast-paced environment with great coworkers.
Front End Lead (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CASeptember 20, 2016
Bed, Bath and Beyond is a very team-oriented work environment. It takes a lot of people to keep up the store. As long as you have a great attitude and your customer service skills are above average, you'll do great there.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 3, 2016
In any new career you're bound to learn a thing or two, but to me i learn the most i can. My goal is to absorb the most information i can and become the best i can, not only as an employee, but also as a person. This supports my future and my growth in society.
Pros
useful learning
Cons
not enough hours
Productive and fun place to work with a play station in the break room
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTJune 14, 2016
At bed bath and beyond, everyone would welcome eachother and greet eachother when we arrived for work. I learned to have alot of patience with customers and co workers. The management was fair most of the time with few cons to them. I loved my co workers and the stories they had to tell. The only hard part about the job was to keep an angry cusotmer, calm. But on the upside, the most enjoyable part was when we would have potlucks, and play on the play station during our lunches.
Pros
Pot Lucks, Free Lunches, Soda Machine
Cons
Negative people
Don't work here
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wilmette, ILJanuary 26, 2017
Little to no consideration for employees. Very low pay for very hard work. They do not find solutions to problems. They do not promote from within the store.
Okay work environment
Sales (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORDecember 20, 2016
The staff was wonderful to work with, but the store manager was not a good team leader. They would take credit for work that the employees would work hard doing.
Would be great if you can sit sometimes
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, NYJuly 26, 2016
Some co workers were nice but my supervisor was very harsh on everyone never a please or thank you or never something positive to say about her employees.
Pros
Meeting different people
Cons
Can't sit at all only at lunch which is ridiculous.
Fun workplace, Fast pace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAJuly 20, 2016
Good people management is great. Work at quick pace. Employees are helpful. Schedules are flexible and managers will work with you. help customers all day. Find products using online order. Special orders.
Productive and energetic place to work
Tracking/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 18, 2016
Working with great team members and management to provide the best patient satisfaction daily.Hard work but also very fulfilling. Staff is very fun to work with.
Pros
Cafeteria
Great place to work at just unpredictable hours, and early leaves
Stocker/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Fenway Park, MAJune 2, 2016
I loved Bed Bath and Beyond. The management was very lenient and understanding; however I did not like the fact that I could come into work and be sent home a couple hours later because a lack of things to do.
Productive and excellent work environment
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNMarch 15, 2016
Everyone worked at the same level as a sales associate and would help each other out if needed.

I learned a lot of many different tasks such as how to better sales associate, the best way to handle customer service, and how to work well as a team.

The management was excellent and was always there to help with everyone's needs.

The hardest part of the job would have to be trying to know every product.

The most enjoyable part of the job would be working how much we worked as a team.
Pros
There was always enough time for lunch breaks
Cons
Healthcare
Beginning to improve overall. Not there yet.
1st. Shift Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Pendergrass, GAMarch 13, 2016
Early in my career with them it wasn't fun at all. Compensation isn't nearly where it should be to attract or retain associates or Managers.
Since new upper management arrived workdays are more fun, and hopefully better compensation for Managers will follow soon.
Pros
Starting to function like a distribution business and not a retail store.
Cons
Still have fragments of retail business in distribution. It's 2 different businesses.
Bed,Bath & Beyond
Customer Service/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHJune 11, 2016
Working at the retail store Bed, Bath & Beyond, can be challenging. It can be challenging because you have to learn to work at a fast pace and also multi task. I work at the customer service desk so I have to answer phones, print off gift registry's, and check out customers. If you are good at working at a fast pace then this job is for you. The management is great they are nice to their employees and compromising. They treat you with respect and make enjoy working with them. The co-workers are like a family to me, everyone is nice and is willing to help one another. The hardest part of the job can be applying coupons to a customers purchase. I think that because there is a certain way coupons have to be applied to each transaction. When coupons are not applied to a transaction the way the customer expected to use them some customers can get rude and nasty and make you feel uncomfortable at times. I always get the manager involved.
Pros
Bed, Bath & Beyond works good with your schedule
Cons
no holiday pay, not hiring full time positions, hours can go up and down
fun to work at
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Manhasset, NYJune 26, 2016
very easy going, things flowed in a good direction. I work with different departments on a daily basis.. Everyone worked as a team and helped each other out when needed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bed. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval