Bed Employee Reviews

I had lots of fun at this fast paced retail store.
Customer Care, Cashier, Stocker (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 6, 2015
Customers really enjoyed coming to bed bath and beyond, where quality was number one. It was a lot of fun and the days went by rather quickly.
Productive and learning experienced
Auditor (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NevadaJune 27, 2015
Pros: 2 Break Time (15 min. each) and 1 lunch break (30 mins.)
Cons: Nothing
I worked 8 hours a day in 2nd shift. Being an Auditor of Quality Assurance under Inventory Control Department, I performed audits of incoming and outgoing products focused on quality of the product with accounting procedures and data entry as well. The staff and management are nice. I love working as a team member. and never find hardship regarding the assigned task.
Okay Job
Sales Associate ,Replenish Control, (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLJune 17, 2015
This Job is more peoples who is looking for a Part-time..... between 10-20 hours a week .... I love my job ....But it do not give you ..... that many hours ... when u need them ....
Fun and very friendly place to work
Customer service (Current Employee), South portland, MEMay 11, 2015
While working at Bed and bath I would assist customers with returns and purchases. All my co-workers and management team were always very friendly and understanding. The most enjoyable part is the people I work with.
Productive, Fast paced work environment focused on employee development
Recieving Associate (Former Employee), Centerville, OHApril 25, 2015
Pros: Great atmostphere, great layout
Cons: No breaks except lunch, high expectations
Most of my weeks at Bed, Bath, and Beyond consisted of four weekdays, with the occasional Sunday shift. I'd arrive around 6 A.M. and immediately start pulling replenishment. Our goal was to restock all the items sold the day before before the store opened at 9 A.M. After that, we would back-stock whatever freight did not go out the day before. After this, it was typically lunch time followed by unloading freight. This process required scanning the box in, emptying the box, pulling the plastic off the pieces, checking the price and stamping it correctly with a price gun, and finally placing it on the appropriate cart for the floor team to work it.

Typically, the only break we take is lunch, which can be rough for some of the 9-10 hour shifts, but if I ever need to smoke, they were willing to work with me. Even though we were freight associates, we had to learn about the products, how to conduct online orders, and even be able to ring people out. I learned more than I can count about small electrics and just about everything in the store.

Management was great. They knew the right balance of when to have fun and when work needed to be done. Although they could at times feel a little pushy, I was thanked every single day for the work I did.

Co-workers were also excellent. They made you feel welcome and were always happy to lend an ear, or help with a difficult question.

The hardest part of the job is remembering that the customer is king, even when you're behind on freight times. You'll also have to get used to climbing a ladder and lifting/lowering objects from them, which can be physically taxing.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me was our morning huddles. Everyone seemed to let off some steam then, and the next best was knowing you did a good job.
Place Sucks
Merchandise Associate (Current Employee), West Babylon, NYNovember 15, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything, low pay, horrible management, alot of hours to be yelled at.
The managers do not open the door on time for me to clock in, so i am a min. or 2 late. The managers yell at you and belittle you in front of other associates as if you are illiterate. Expect a whole days worth of work to be done in 3 hours and put to do by one person. Hardest part of the job is going to work. The most enjoyable part of the job is leaving. Everything is over priced. Managers do not do their jobs, they let you move up and down the ladders with out spotting you with a 50lb box.
n/a
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 22, 2014
fun place to work, very friendly, believe in their employees.
Productive fun work place working with Scanners.
Active Sorting (Former Employee), Pendergrass, GAOctober 13, 2014
Pros: cheap lunches.
Cons: okay but short breaks.
My review of working at Bed, Bath, & Beyond... It is a very fun and productive place to work at, nice people clean place, and i like every part of working there.
productive and very laid back work place
Gift Wrap/ runner/ shipping (Former Employee), Pendergrass, GASeptember 1, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: unmanagable employees
a typical day at work consisted of making sure you were meeting customers requests and getting the orders out as quick as possible. I learned that you have to have lots of patience but also have to have the knowledge to learn how to run certain things and not get upset. the hardest part of the whole job was people trying to start trouble for no reason. The reason I left this place was an accidental lay-off and just wasn't willing to go back and deal with the headache.
Hectic work environment
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 20, 2014
Demands constant tasks that isn't listed in job description. Employees and management, for the most part, are friendly and helpful.
Best Job Ever
QA (Current Employee), Lexington, MAApril 1, 2014
Pros: best job
Business was bought out by SAS.
Nothing to say.
loved it, made great contacts
High energy, Positive Attitude, Customer Service Oriented
Sales Associate/Bridal Consultant/Replenisher (Former Employee), Fairfield, OHJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: exceeding expectations, always learning new things.
Cons: overwhelming at times, expected to do more than you're able to.
At Bed,Bath,&Beyond I wouldn't say there was a typical work day. Everyone has to stay on their toes. You never know what to expect. However, during the slow moments all employees were expected to fill the store. There is much multi tasking to this job. With customer service being your first priority you have to be able to take care of multiple customers at the same time and sometimes answers phone calls. There is always something new to learn at Bed,Bath&Beyond. Product knowledge I would say would be the most important. The more you know about the products in the store and online the better you can take care of the customer and are better prepared for questions that might throw you off guard other wise. The hardest part of the job is when there are more customers needing help than associates available to help. The most enjoyable part of the job is going above and beyond for a customer and exceeding their expectations.
Good culture and customer service driven company
BATH, & BEYOND, District Management, Florida (Current Employee), Bradenton, FLJuly 28, 2013
Great company to work for but no consistant advancement or career path.
Great work model of putting the customer first without compromising the workers
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSMarch 9, 2013
A great retail establishment to work for since they empower its associates to do what is necessary to take care of customers, putting customer service as the primary objective. In addition to assisting customers, associates are responsible for stocking and re-stocking the sales floor, assisting in merchandising projects, and assisting other departments as needed. However, it is a retail establishment and associates work a varying schedule that can be difficult challenging at times.
Low flexibility
Assistant Buyer (Former Employee), Farmingdale, NYFebruary 10, 2013
Does not display an open-minded concept to buying or new product introductions in many buying areas.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate /Bridal consultant (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: non
Cons: no growth
busy ,lots of customers and a very fast paced environment,co-workers great the best you can find .
Unique Store Products With Great Customer
Operations Manager/Store Manager In Training (Former Employee), Stockton, CAJanuary 27, 2013
Pros: meeting so many great customers and working with a great team
Cons: working many night shifts
Bed, Bath, and Beyond is a fun place to work. The store is filled with, new unique produsts that you won't find all together in one store anywhere. Merchandising the store was a lot of fun. And, leading the team that I had was great.
it was a nice palce..i would want to work there again..
Picker (Former Employee), North Las Vegas, NVJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: people are nice
Cons: stand all day on feet
the people were nice and it was a fun nice place to work..safe also..
I love this store,managers and other employees are great.
Front End Cashier (Current Employee), Cleveland, TNSeptember 14, 2012
Pros: employee discount
Cons: only 4-5 hours a shift
Truely love working for this company.I love making displays and helping customers.Have been an a 1st name basis with customers.I love checking out all the new merchandise.Management is great and are willing to work with your schedule.Employees are friendly and easy to work with.I've made life long friends with the employees at this company.
A great part-time job!
Customer Service - LEAD (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 14, 2012
Pros: people
Cons: hours can be long during the holidays
All aspects of Customer Service.
Dealing with customers and all retail reps in the store!