Beebe Medical Center Employee Reviews

enjoyable place to work when just starting out as a nurse
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lewes, DEAugust 31, 2015
Good hospital to work in a as new grad, very small and easy to learn the ropes before advancing on with career. The management is easy to work with. Limited advancement opportunities in my current position but overall a good atmosphere.
Great Place to Work
Nutritional Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Lewes, DEFebruary 28, 2014
I loved working for Beebe Medical. I was given plenty of support to move up with the department. I was given the opportunity to take courses to add certifications to my qualifications. The management team is very engaging with the several teams that make up the department. It was an enjoyable experience.
Pros
Great benefits. Paid Holidays, vacation time. Bonuses. Great team members and management team.
Co workers, GREAT! Management...ummm
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Lewes, DESeptember 16, 2015
Love my co-workers. Management treats you like a number. Patients are a tad bit uppity but that's expected in this demographic.
Professional work environment; team oriented.
Registrar / Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Lewes, DEJuly 8, 2013
Arrive early; I want to be able to access all needed computer programs and tools when my day begins. I love people interaction, whether customer, patient or co-worker. The hardest part of my job is learning when to say no when requested to do additional tasks; I'm a fast paced, detail oriented individual who loves to be busy! I take much pride in my work, my appearance and my place of employ. I am loyal and trustworthy and have been told a great employee.
Pros
Good benefits package, etc.
supportive and friendly enviorment which shows respect and loyality
Discharge Planner (Current Employee) –  Lewes, DESeptember 6, 2015
Attend multi disciplinary rounds every morning.
Carry a full case load of patient's
Communicate with physicians and team members and patient's and families to facilitate a safe discharge plan
The hardest part of the job is the challenges with the uninsured and lack of resources in the area I live
The best part is the satisfaction I receive from helping my patient's and families
Poor employer
RN II PCU (Former Employee) –  Lewes, DEJanuary 6, 2013
Technically not as far a long as other hospitals I've worked in. I retired from there with a good record. Trying to get other employment and they are sandbagging me from being hired by another facility.
Pros
pay is better than most places around this area
Cons
the peter principle is very previlant. no back up for employees. poor management
Enjoyed my and working with patients, not satisfied with the hours I was getting.
Clinical Exercise Physiologist (Former Employee) –  Lewes, DEMarch 7, 2015
Monitored Phase II patients, supervised Phase III patients and would try to update their programs periodically. Sometimes, I would work with Phase I patients in our inpatient unit. The hardest part of the day would be finding enough hours in the day to complete everything that is required. The most enjoyable part of the day would have to be working with the patients and being involved in the care.
Pros
1 hour lunch breaks.
Cons
Work hours not consistent, and would not always get my full-time hours.
Great Job to have
Admissions (Current Employee) –  Lewes, DEAugust 24, 2015
I can only Speek for the ER, I Love my job. I am serious when i say that, we are a exceptional small hospital in the middle of a resort town. Every Summer we get slammed with thousands of people and i believe we handle every year exceptionally well!!
Pros
great managers
Cons
lazy workers in my department
Processed doctor's orders.
Unit secretary (Former Employee) –  Lewes, DEJanuary 3, 2015
When a doctor or nurse would write down their orders in the customers log, I would process them into the computer. This was a stressful job trying to understand the doctor's handwriting. I feel I did not get enough medical training to understand all the medical terminology. There were so many words I still did not know and always asking the RN for help. I always afraid I was going to mess up a patients order. I soon resigned from this position.
Pros
Excellent hospital, very good people to work for.
Cons
The position was stressful, but only due to my lack of medical training.
Fun place to work, no health benefits
Nurse Tech (Former Employee) –  Lewes, DEJuly 23, 2012
I loved the doctor I worked mailny with. There were no health benefits. The office manager was really rude. I did get to have neat experiences!
Pros
good doctor
Cons
rude office manager
Staff Nurse/Facility Relief Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lewes, DEJuly 26, 2015
Living and working at the beach is great. Beebe is great place to come to as an RN and make it a long term employment. Great schedules allow a lot of time for life outside of work. No real opportunity for new FNP within the organization.
Nice place to work.. Everyone works hard to get the job done.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lewes, DESeptember 3, 2012
Evryone of the staff knew their positions and worked hard so all the cases were done in a timely manner. I learned that every person must be willing to do their part to get the work done, My co workers were a very diverse group. They all took pride in their work and chipped in to help the not so strong workers, The hardesy part wal the physical part. The most enjoyable was working with some really great and efficient people.
Pros
they take care of their people.
Cons
they healthcare component not so good.
Great Hospital Poor Management
EKG Technician (Former Employee) –  Lewes, DEOctober 20, 2012
While working at Beebe I had a great team to work with however poor management.
Pros
close to home
Cons
always very short staffed
Nice company to work for
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lewes, DEAugust 2, 2014
Enjoyed a variety of work experiences that helped my career grow.
BMC is an asset to the community.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lewes, DEApril 23, 2013
As a Physical Therapist Assistant I would highly recommend considering a position within the Rehab Services Department. The Director and Lead Therapist are both knowledgeable in their field and also committed to supporting their staff in both their professional and personal lives.
Pros
supportive team oriented staff
Cons
pay
Wiring new oncology unit at Beebe Hospital.
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Lewes, DeFebruary 3, 2013
Get up in ceiling & wire to new building; Filter new wire down the wall & cut out space for new outlet; wire to new outlet; check to see if connection to computer works; cover up ceiling; verify that new wiring connected to server.
Pros
learning a new trade
Cons
learning a new trade
Co-workers were fantastic to work with. Facility was first rate
Contract Mammography Technologist (Former Employee) –  Lewes, DESeptember 16, 2014
Strong employee support. Facilities were first rate and location was fantastic. Patient care and keeping on schedule were priority.
Pros
Cons
N/A
Nice place to work
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Lewes, DEMarch 20, 2012
I really enjoyed working at Beebe Medical Center. There were a lot of job opportunities for me to advanced and they have tuition reimbursment.
Evening shift fun and productive
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Lewes, DEJanuary 8, 2014
Working evening shift with motivated and experienced technologist. Great environment of caring technologist. Teamwork was optimal experience.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
laboratory director lacking education
"they make it a enjoyable workplace."
PAGING OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Lewes, DeSeptember 14, 2014
"they make it a enjoyable workplace."
Work atmosphere is wonderful, Co-workers offer their assistance and make the job team oriented.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beebe Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Beebe Medical Center Reviews by Location