Beebe Medical Center Employee Reviews

Poor management
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lewes, DEJuly 30, 2017
There is almost a complete lack of management in my department. This allows for new nurses to really feel intimidated and unhappy in the workplace. It truly requires tough individual to stick with it and get through orientation
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Low salary
Great work environment
CNA/UNIT SECRETARY (Current Employee) –  Lewes Beach, DEJuly 27, 2017
The staff at Beebe is a wonderful group of people who take their job seriously but also know how to treat you well and make you feel like family. We all get along greatly, and their patient care and bedside manor is highly looked upon. Many patients compliment us on how well we all work together and say that we have great team work skills.
Pros
Awesome communication
Cons
Pay scale
No weekends or Holidays
Pre-Admission Testing (PAT) Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lewes Beach, DEJuly 21, 2017
Great group of co-workers, friendly locals and very involved in community 4 ten hour days, no weekends or holidays. Highest paying RN position. Loved working near the beach!
i love taking care of patients
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Lewes, DEJuly 3, 2017
stressful to work there every day due to management and short staff. i have learned that some people are there to help but others are there only for themselves.
HR (Former Employee) –  Lewes, DEJune 1, 2017
Loved working there and made good friends with my coworkers. The work environment was friendly and balanced. The managers encouraged employees to be competitive.
Fast paced learning environment
Patient Care Tech - ER tech (Former Employee) –  Lewes, DEJune 29, 2016
Excellent opportunity to learn multi-tasking and prioritization. Physician always willing to teach and education staff and families. Good team work and communication. Fast paced learning environment. Multiple 12 hour overlapping shifts.
Extremely difficult process to get hired through Human Resources.
Pros
Great learning environment
Cons
Difficult hiring process and poor follow up
Co workers, GREAT! Management...ummm
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Lewes, DESeptember 16, 2015
Love my co-workers. Management treats you like a number. Patients are a tad bit uppity but that's expected in this demographic.
supportive and friendly enviorment which shows respect and loyality
Discharge Planner (Current Employee) –  Lewes, DESeptember 6, 2015
Attend multi disciplinary rounds every morning.
Carry a full case load of patient's
Communicate with physicians and team members and patient's and families to facilitate a safe discharge plan
The hardest part of the job is the challenges with the uninsured and lack of resources in the area I live
The best part is the satisfaction I receive from helping my patient's and families
enjoyable place to work when just starting out as a nurse
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lewes, DEAugust 31, 2015
Good hospital to work in a as new grad, very small and easy to learn the ropes before advancing on with career. The management is easy to work with. Limited advancement opportunities in my current position but overall a good atmosphere.
Great Job to have
Admissions (Current Employee) –  Lewes, DEAugust 24, 2015
I can only Speek for the ER, I Love my job. I am serious when i say that, we are a exceptional small hospital in the middle of a resort town. Every Summer we get slammed with thousands of people and i believe we handle every year exceptionally well!!
Pros
great managers
Cons
lazy workers in my department
Staff Nurse/Facility Relief Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lewes, DEJuly 26, 2015
Living and working at the beach is great. Beebe is great place to come to as an RN and make it a long term employment. Great schedules allow a lot of time for life outside of work. No real opportunity for new FNP within the organization.
Enjoyed my and working with patients, not satisfied with the hours I was getting.
Clinical Exercise Physiologist (Former Employee) –  Lewes, DEMarch 7, 2015
Monitored Phase II patients, supervised Phase III patients and would try to update their programs periodically. Sometimes, I would work with Phase I patients in our inpatient unit. The hardest part of the day would be finding enough hours in the day to complete everything that is required. The most enjoyable part of the day would have to be working with the patients and being involved in the care.
Pros
1 hour lunch breaks.
Cons
Work hours not consistent, and would not always get my full-time hours.
Processed doctor's orders.
Unit secretary (Former Employee) –  Lewes, DEJanuary 3, 2015
When a doctor or nurse would write down their orders in the customers log, I would process them into the computer. This was a stressful job trying to understand the doctor's handwriting. I feel I did not get enough medical training to understand all the medical terminology. There were so many words I still did not know and always asking the RN for help. I always afraid I was going to mess up a patients order. I soon resigned from this position.
Pros
Excellent hospital, very good people to work for.
Cons
The position was stressful, but only due to my lack of medical training.
Co-workers were fantastic to work with. Facility was first rate
Contract Mammography Technologist (Former Employee) –  Lewes, DESeptember 16, 2014
Strong employee support. Facilities were first rate and location was fantastic. Patient care and keeping on schedule were priority.
Pros
Cons
N/a
"they make it a enjoyable workplace."
PAGING OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Lewes, DeSeptember 14, 2014
"they make it a enjoyable workplace."
Work atmosphere is wonderful, Co-workers offer their assistance and make the job team oriented.
Great teamwork
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lewes, DEAugust 21, 2014
Coworkes work together for the patients. Good interaction with nursing, great group of people.
Nice company to work for
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lewes, DEAugust 2, 2014
Enjoyed a variety of work experiences that helped my career grow.
Wonderful place to work
Radiology System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lewes, DEMarch 17, 2014
You get to know everyone because of it's size. People are very friendly and always cooperative.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Beach traffic in Summer but you learn to get around it.
Great Place to Work
Nutritional Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Lewes, DEFebruary 28, 2014
I loved working for Beebe Medical. I was given plenty of support to move up with the department. I was given the opportunity to take courses to add certifications to my qualifications. The management team is very engaging with the several teams that make up the department. It was an enjoyable experience.
Pros
Great benefits. Paid Holidays, vacation time. Bonuses. Great team members and management team.
Traveler
De. Cat Healthcare Staffing - RN/RCIS Traveler (Former Employee) –  Lewes, DeFebruary 9, 2014
Setup Interventional Program. Trained Manager, Rebuilt Database
Pros
Cons
Interventionalist