We are looking for a Production Supervisor who has experience in manufacturing, with increased responsibility for production processing, packaging, and maintenance.
The Operations Supervisor works with managers, planners, engineers, and hourly employees. He/She leads production operations to meet business operational needs through supporting and meeting operational goals including safety, quality, cost (waste, efficiency and defects), service and people.
Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership in the achievement of company objectives, goals, strategies, and measurements.
- Support business operational needs through the development and implementation of manufacturing KPIs which include safety, quality, cost (waste, efficiency and defects), service and people.
- Consult with engineering personnel relative to modification of machines and equipment in order to improve production and quality of products.
- Plans and directs production activities and establishes production priorities for products in keeping with effective operations and cost factors.
- Reviews and analyzes production, quality, and operational reports to determine cause of nonconformity with product specifications, and operating or production problems.
- Develop leadership relationships built on a mutual trust and respect.
- Develops and implements operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality.
- Ensure plant sanitation and safety levels meet or exceed Beech-Nut, and regulatory standards.
- Ensure compliance to all PPE and GMP standards
- Develop systems to ensure Beech-Nut operating standards are followed.
- Participate in all local, state, and federal regulatory agency inspections.
Qualifications, Requirements and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or business discipline.
- 0 - 3 years experience in manufacturing, with increased responsibility for production processing, packaging, and maintenance.
- Proven ability to train and motivate personnel in order to balance staffing strength with profitability and growth.
- Ability to develop and lead
- Sound administrative skills; well developed supervisory skills- principles and people
- Basic computer skills; Microsoft Office, SAP desired
- Participative management style - advocates team concept; ability to lead continuous improvement process.
Indeed - 6 months ago