Beech Acres Employee Reviews

Positive & Caring
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  BeechmontJune 20, 2017
My experience at Beech Acres has been extremely positive. As with any job (especially in social services), there can be difficult days, feeling overworked and stressed, but the team and the people we serve at Beech Acres are what makes it all worthwhile. The people here are genuine, kind, compassionate, and share a similar mission to help families in Cincinnati. If you're looking for a career that helps kids and families in our community, I would highly recommend Beech Acres.
Beech Acres people are passionate about their work
Annonymous (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 20, 2017
Beech Acres Parenting Center was rated as a top workplace again this year. The people of the organization are passionate about the mission and believe in the value of parenting in raising capable and caring children. I love working here because of the opportunities to grow and thrive.
Pros
The people of the organization
Beech Acres is Top Notch
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 9, 2017
If you are looking for a truly inclusive and caring culture, Beech Acres is for you. The staff is collaborative, helpful and feels like family. Working in social services can be difficult, but Beech Acres does a good job to ensure that each team member supports each other, and I truly feel supported in my job. Everyone here seems to be in it for the right reasons and people don't just come here to do a job. We're all in it for the love of our community and the families we help.
Pros
Free CEU's & training, full benefits package, work-life balance
Amazing coworkers and mission
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  6881 Beechmont Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45230May 17, 2017
I loved my Beech Acres Foster Care Team and you would too. I'm only leaving due to my family relocating. Beech Acres is a non-profit that is full of passionate people that do amazing work. If you're interested in helping families and children, then this is a great place to be.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Cinciannati ohioMarch 22, 2017
Management was not the best. it was always a battle with management they wasn't very open to anything. Upper management was ok and the job became to much stress.
Pros
Working with children
Cons
pay
Poor management
Administrative (Former Employee) –  BeechmontMarch 6, 2017
Upper management is blind to the reality of what some of the lower front line management is doing. Poor communication, lack of process and total disorganization. If you are ok with working with no set process, no formal training and pretty much flying by the seat of your pants, then you will love it. The workplace culture is similar to a day in high school. Nepotism is the kind word for how some areas function. All of this equals total lack of concern for their clients. For a nonprofit agency you would think they had more concern for their clients. But they do not. Customer service is greatly impacted with the total lack of organization and regards for the customer service being offered. Upper management needs to speed more time working on the management and listening to the staff more.
Pros
the small percentage of people who DO care about their job and clients
Cons
Total lack of appreciation for those employees who do care, lack of training, process, organization, communication and poor overall management
Working until you drop is glorified
prefer not to say (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 31, 2016
People compare notes about how late they work, how they get in so early, how they only eat crackers in the car for lunch. Guess what? Being overworked makes people grumpy and rude. They treat each other horribly. Some of them are really good people and really care but they wind up burnt out and bitter. Management is totally out of touch with what most of the staff are going through every day. The CEO works hard too, and that's great if he chooses to do that but nobody feels like they can speak up about their own sanity.
Pros
Trying to do some good in the world
Cons
No advancement, low morale
Great entry level experience
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 16, 2015
Great work/life balance. Compensation could be better due to the amount of work, job security is mostly dependent on Grant money and job performance. Advancement is difficult but available. Management could use sensitivity training, due to how it affects the job culture, however its very diverse. I would recommend this employer, great entry level experience!
Great Agency to be contracted with
Contracted Treatment Foster Parent (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OhioJuly 10, 2012
Beechacres Parenting Center, I have been a Contracted Treatment Foster parent for 16 years. Treating inclusive children as if they are my own. Beechacres provides training so that we can maintain our 40 hrs of continued education with all manditory and skill enhancement training year to year most classes are C.E.U. validated. I have learned a great deal through the ongoing social and psychological behavior classes to add to the care of the children population we serve. The hardest part of my job is seeing the children improve in so many areas of their growth and development because of the services we get them connected with and they get moved from us either through positive changes such as return home with biological parents or adoption; or negative disruption. fortunately for us adoption and bio return are 98%. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing some children through all adversity graduate from high school and go to college.