BEECH BROOK Employee Reviews

Beech Brook
Mental Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pepper Pike, OHJanuary 2, 2018
Work with individuals who have mental illnesses or substance abuse problems and consult with other mental health professionals to provide effective courses of treatment.
Provide crisis intervention services to patients who are a danger to themselves or others
Monitor a patient's treatment progress and keep track of his or her mental status.
I find my job becomes more and rewarding as the days turn into years of consistency.
Family life Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 22, 2017
A typical day for me at work is doing family evaluations, case management, home visits, and providing community resources.
bridging the Gap between parents and their children.
Pros
fast opportunities where growth in your level of skills are concerned.
Cons
10 hr days working everyday, due to being on call even when your off the clock
Great place to work!
Manager of Operations (Current Employee) –  Pepper Pike, OHAugust 17, 2017
I love my job! Great environment to work, a place where growth and opportunity is not just a statement. A very professional culture that helps children and families thrive by promoting healthy child development, strengthening the ability to overcome adversity, and enhancing family health and stability.
Last few years have been unstable
Manager of Clinical Programs - Toledo (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 18, 2017
Job security and open communication are a significant issue. The CEO does things in an unprofessional manner. The job itself is amazing and the company also used to be wonderful to work for.
Review Summary
Mental Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pepper Pike, OHMay 16, 2017
• Helped transitioning youth realize and develop ego strengths as means to foster autonomy and independent living skills.
• Facilitated partial hospitalization groups for children in residential treatment and foster care
• Built rapport and engaged in play with children in residential cottages
Therapist
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Pepper Pike, OHMay 10, 2017
Supervisors are supportive and are willing to give you the training and support if you're willing to take it. Its hard work, but very rewarding. You are given many chances to succeed, you just have to be willing to take suggestions offered.
some what productive
Accounting Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH 44199March 13, 2017
Beech Brook was a residential school for troubled youth and a great organization to work for at the time. Beech Brook laid off or fired many loyal employees which was a effort to restructure and downsize and it was very disappointing the way that they went about it.
Pros
It shut down its school
Cons
job ended
Strenious
Based Therapist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 21, 2017
Long work hours, plus more work during your time away from work. Lots of paper work that is included. Unrealisitic deadlines to complete work as well as paperwork.
Nice place to work
Maintenance Worker I (Former Employee) –  Pepper Pike, OHDecember 22, 2016
Great place to work. Went out of business which caused my employment to end. The best job I ever had. Met a lot of good people and kids that was placed in foster care.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Fun work place
Summer Program Group Lead (Former Employee) –  Pepper Pike, OHNovember 27, 2016
During a typical day staff would provide therapeutic activities to adolescents with behavioral, emotional and mental disabilities. After these activities were complete, each staff member would provide Medicaid notes for each client based on how that clients day went.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Poor management
Flexible position making positive difference for clients
Case Manager/Therapist (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 20, 2016
School-based therapy offered a flexible position to use creativity while making a difference in the lives of kids and families. Toledo-based program has supportive team and supervisor but limited opportunities for growth.
Pros
Flexibility and supportive team
Cons
Limited opportunities for career advancement
Gone way done hill, toxic
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 21, 2016
Not the same company when i started. Alot of uncertainty. Very bad paranoid culture. Very old school of thought regarding flexiabity. Very punitive. Be cautious in applying here. Pay is good but u pay for it. Company motto is do what u have to do whatever it takes. They want no push back and dont appreciate ideas that arent in line with their way of thinking.
Pros
Benefits, pay
Cons
Poor work life balance, management, poor leadership
by far the best job ive ever had
Utilization Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OH 44124June 2, 2016
this was the best job I ever had, sadly I was laid off. but I enjoyed every day being employed here. I could have seen myself retiring from this agency and I will miss it dearly
Flexible and has a great mission
Video Production (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 29, 2016
A driven group of people, determined to carve out better lives for the children and families they impact. Beech Brook is a worthy organization and I enjoy helping them reach more people through my videos.
Good Benefits
SUPERVISOR ● RESIDENTIAL PROGRAMS (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 16, 2016
Good job skills experience. Knowledge gained can be applied anywhere. Good teamwork skills learned and gained from co-workers. Management needs streamlining.
Pros
Benefits - Medical and paid time off.
overall a good place to work. Good employee relationships
Assistant Vice President of Campus Programs (Current Employee) –  Pepper Pike, OHApril 6, 2016
Busy days, worked at company for many years, learned a lot about management and quality care, most enjoyable part of the of the job is working with the staff and kids.
Fun Coworkers, bad bosses
Qualified Mental Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pepper Pike, OHApril 4, 2016
Coworkers and the kids make this job magnificent but the disconnect that starts with the CEO affects all work decisions.
Pros
Fun, cheap lunch
Cons
departmental divide
Place where healing and new beginning begin
Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Pepper Pike, OHMarch 17, 2016
A typical day is anything but boring, we have over 30 kids which means a lot of different personalities which can prove to be difficult but fun at the same time. I take what I've learned and incorporate in some way in our daily routine. I have a great working relationship with my staff as well as with upper management. We meet on a daily basis to talk about how we as a company can be better at what we do.
Productive and effective organization
Mental Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pepper Pike, OHFebruary 29, 2016
Beech Brook is a great facility and they are very effective in the work they do. The treatment that they provide for the clients and residents is nothing less than extraordinary.
Poor supervision and lack of leadership
therapist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 10, 2015
I had a good deal of respect for Beech Brook due to their reputation but found that I did not receive good supervision or support in completing my role. It is too bad because they do very important and meaningful work.
Pros
Enjoyed my coworkers and helping the clients
Cons
lack of leadership and poor supervision

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BEECH BROOK. Our community is ready to answer.