Beechwood Continuing Care Employee Reviews in United States

Always learning new skills, great team work.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Getzville, NYDecember 8, 2015
A typical day consisted of coming into work getting report from the nurses and overlooking our care plans. I would then visit each patient I had to introduce myself and get my work started for that shift.
Wonderful Work Environment
Part-Time Temporary Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Getzville, NYMay 20, 2015
I covered 2 maternity leaves throughout my 7 months and I had a great experience working with the different departments. Facility works as a team. The department I worked in were very supportive and fun to work with. If I was offered another job position here, I would def. consider to take another opportunity.
Pros
Flexible schedule, Department was fun, supportive and generous
Cons
Difficult to have a full hour of lunch
clean,awesome co-workers working as a team,fun.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Getzville, NYAugust 16, 2014
Very thankful for opportunities and skills learned, loved my staff and always worked as a team. Most enjoyed and really miss the relations built with residents and families, activities on units and awesome parties/gatherings for residents and families. Beechwood really does alot for their residents. Hardest part of the job was short staff often, no easy organization to perform daily tasks, lack of communication with staff and unit management, real disconnect between upper management and the staff performing jobs daily.
Pros
clean environment, wonderful staff
Cons
short staff often, favortism, lack of communication
My passion is my work.
Certified Nurses Aide (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYJuly 7, 2013
Ongoing staffing problems recently. Completed all in-service and NYS CNA certifications. The management style has seen recent cutbacks to quality care. The best aprt of the job was really helping the residents cope with different levels of assistance.
Pros
great environment
Cons
inadequate staffing
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Getzville, NYApril 5, 2013
I really enjoyed working at Beechwood. It's a very clean workplace. The co-workers are very nice and helpful. They really took care of the residents. I really would love to work there again. I hope they rehire me
They have good benefits. There is aways help around if you need it. I recommend this place for anyone who wants to work in the health field.

It wouldn't let me rate job securit/advancment.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
hard to switch to another unit
Fun place to work with a great staff
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Getzville, NYJanuary 6, 2013
Beechwood was a wonderful place to work. I enjoyed assisting the residents and their families. I truly learned alot at this job
Pros
the staff
Cons
low wages
It was a nice place to work and they have a lot hard workers ther.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Getzville, NYAugust 31, 2012
A typical day at work is answer phones, get mail and sort it, pass it out. Take some residents to the dinning room. fiking, Charting, typing phisician Orders. Took residents to the dentist, Eye Doctor, Podiatrist and Hair Salon in the building, also helped take them to activities. Order supplies and put them away. I did filing and Dr. appointments, set up Aids to go with them for two Units, encluding my Unit. I called insurance companies to get approval for the resident to get a van to take them to their appoinment. My co-workers would make fun of me right by me. There were some nice co-workers. The hardest part of my job was going to pick up the supplies on a cart and pushing from one end of the building to another. The most enjoable part of my job was talking to the residents. They all took a liking to me as I was kind and gentle with them.
Pros
we had lunches at a low price for awhile and then iit stopped.
Cons
breaks, free luncheons, we had a chance to work at the auctions they have every year.
a nice place to work for
Certified nurse assistant (Former Employee) –  lockport NYMarch 14, 2012
enjoyed working at Beechwoood and the residents was very nice and the staff i worked with
Pros
you can eat with residents, pick up on weekends you got extra 50 dollars
Cons
there is no union to help fight for your job