Behavioral Center of MIchigan Employee Reviews

a great place to work
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIJanuary 23, 2017
Working as a MY was very rewarding, the fact that you can provide a patient with the tools to help overcome the way they feel. The hardest part is not being able to help a patient feel better.
Pros
great staff
Cons
unfair at times
Hello, I feel it was great working for this company. I like coming to work and seeing all the employees in great moods. It's a great place to work.
Charge nurse (Current Employee) –  Behavioral Center of MIchiganOctober 26, 2016
The job is interesting. I like coming to work and seeing all the employees in great moods. It's a great place to work.
The hardest part of this job is that it can get overwhelming at times when there are too many priorities and only one of you, so sometimes it takes skill and experience to be able to deal with the everyday work.
Pros
nice staff
Cons
no 401K
Scary
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Warren, MISeptember 11, 2016
This place is not good to work for! No pay raises, very unprofessional. ..HR and management start rumors about staff and each other, unsafe, never fully staffed, no technology. ..hand written notes, high turnover, bad benefits, different rules for certain employees, hire family members with little to no experience, could easily loose your professional license, very scary place to work!!!!
Pros
there have been great staff
Cons
see review
Rewarding work with patient population
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIMarch 21, 2016
I enjoyed most of what my job entailed at Behavioral Center of Michigan, but I felt there was no room for advancement. Even if I was granted an interview to further myself into a higher position in the company, the administration would hire an outsider, or a former employee who was fired several years before for insubordination.

I felt as if I had plateaued in my position, and I only received one raise in nearly 4 years.
SAD place to work.
RN (Former Employee) –  MIOctober 13, 2015
Poor staffing, company is all about making money and not about helping the patient. Nursing staff leave after 2 months when they see the poor management. You can loose you license at this place.
Pros
None.
Cons
No lunch, no staff due to people quiting.
Medical Records Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIJune 15, 2015
Typical day at work would be scanning medical charts into paperless system. make sure all charts are sign prior to scanning. packing up hard copy's of charts to go into storage.
Don't risk your license in this death trap of a job.
nurse (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIFebruary 6, 2015
This is not an equal opportunity employer. The place has many many complaints of nepotism filed against them. The coworkers are great, but I've had patients wake up and think they were in a foreign country. They hire family and friends first and give them staffing and shift priority, and pay no attention to seniority whatsoever. The only thing good and the only reason anyone ever stayed was because the staff all became friends to cope with the terrible work environment and treatment. The management discusses employees with other employees, including personal details and private information. The management is extremely bias and unfair and will give preference to contingent staff for scheduling. They will take every advantage of using you every chance that they can for all the overtime they need for example, but you will never be given consideration for scheduling you off for a personal need. The intake department will take any medically compromised patient that the facility isn't equipped to handle. The rounds aren't done by the staff. The benefits are very expensive and the coverage is terrible. Staff and patients get hurt and if you are being assaulted, there is little code assistance at times.
Pros
The staff remain great friends, even after we all quit.
Cons
poor management, disconnected HR who don't know what they are doing, revolving door of employees and DONs, horrible pay, paper charting, cameras everywhere except the bathroom
Great changes in leadership
healthcare worker (Current Employee) –  Warren, MINovember 10, 2014
Hospital has brought on hard working leaders who care about staff and steering facility in a good direction.
Okay place to work.
Inpatient Medical Records Technician\Medical coder (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIDecember 1, 2013
Stressful work environment; employees can be less than cordial with each other.
younger staff, laid back yet professional environment
Nursing (Current Employee) –  DetroitAugust 13, 2013
Patients are a handful, but overall the days go by fast. Pay is average for any metro Detroit hospital that isnt unionized. Great staff dedicated to dealing with special people.
Pros
casual jean fridays, no micro managing
Cons
short breaks, patient to staff ratio is somewhat overwhelming at times.
Mass exodus of staff and administrators.
Professional (Former Employee) –  Detroit/WarrenJune 29, 2013
Revolving door of new employees, none stay. Those that stay are not appreciated by management. Management out of touch with workers. To fill beds, this inpatient psychiatric facility has become nursing home central. Short staff is stretched even further to meet the needs of total care elderly with dementia. This place sets very few limits as to the kind of patients they accept. Staff-care very much about the patients and support each other.
Pros
Caring staff.
Cons
Low pay, poor benefits, no retirement, no lockers for personals and not enough chairs for anyone to sit and do paperwork.
Nice environment
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIDecember 12, 2012
Good, friendly and suportive co workers, we are always working as a team and always interacting with our clients to make them feel at home
Pros
nice environment, friendly and supportive co workers
Cons
short breaks
beautiful place for the patients to recover.
Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Warre , MichiganJuly 27, 2012
The Behavioral center of Michigan is indeed a beautiful place to work except, working as a team has always been the key to any business success.
Pros
free friday lunches
Cons
healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Behavioral Center of MIchigan. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9