Behavioral Health Group Employee Reviews in United States

over worked and underpaid
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 4, 2016
The only part of my job I loved was the experience and feeling like I made a difference in my client's life. The hours were decent if you like early hours and early days. My Co workers were great and I felt apart of a team for the most part. Upper management main concern was finances. I didn't have bosses were I could express my concerns. Problems were avoided or they found ways to fire you.
Pros
team environment
Cons
management was horrible, horrible pay, and no raises
Worst experience working for them
LPN (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOMarch 11, 2016
This company is all about the money and not the patients or employees. The management is shady and only does what benefits them. No room for advancement just more and more added to workload without even a thank you! Was promised a sign on bonus and never seen it. Just over all lousy place to work for.
I started looking for a new job when I started working here!
counselor (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COFebruary 23, 2016
BHG is all about money and doesn't seem to care about the patients because it's all about bringing in more and more patients, but there isn't enough counselors to work with them. The paperwork seems to be their biggest priority, so counseling is really a joke. If you are educated, it doesn't seem to matter and they seem to be threatened by it. They won't promote you if you are educated anyways. Managent lies and they openly promote harrassment of its employees. The overall environment is toxic and the patients know it too. Although co-workers are awesome, they are caught in the cross-fire of being harrassed if they stand up for their co-workers or their patients. It's a group-think environment, so if you want to be singled out and harrassed, voice an opinion. There is absolutely no room for advancement, you are guaranteed no raise, there is no such thing as a "cost of living" adjustment, and you will pretty much be exhausted the whole time. The patients are the best part of the job, but not worth the price of your own sanity. I haven't been here long, but I've been here long enough to know that this is some place I don't want to work for.
Pros
The patients
Cons
Everything else
Unstable and unorganized
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 4, 2016
Corporate does not care about its employees. After tagging and car break-ins, corporate refuses to get security or cameras. You will NOT be paid for the amount of work and caos you deal with. The only good thing from this place is learning about opiate dependency from the patients and counselors.
Pros
Experience with drug dependency
Cons
Pay; poor management; lack of organization; be prepared to work every Saturday
absolute worst place in the world for any patient
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 13, 2016
The client might think they have hit the jackpot when they see we only charge 200 for soboxone. We stay in contact with them like we truly care. But as soon as we get your money that's it. We don't ever call back or car. It's all about the money that's it. A sub patient will be better off paying 300 somewhere ele. Here you don't even give you a prescription they inconvenience you by making you come every single morning same as methadone patients. so believe me you would much rather go somewhere else and pay $100 more because in the long run you're saving money. the absolute worst place in the world is bhg
Pros
close drive from home
Cons
no communication hardly at all from the doctor to the patient
They dont care about patients
Staff Counselor (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSApril 18, 2016
Dont even try to stand up for a patient, doctor is the boss. Patient rights and BHG Philosophy are just words. Overworked and expected to participate in unethical behavior. No matter how hard you try its never good enough. Staff is always on the look out for another job. Lots of behind the back stuff going on staff started comparing notes and figured out they were trying to us against each other for better control. Go to work somewhere else , youll be more help to people by pushing a broom.
Pros
Somewhere to go in the morning
Cons
Youll always be an outsider
BHG does not care about their employees
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 9, 2016
BHG does not care about their employees. Management is horrible. The pay is horrible. It is unsafe. They love drama. Worst place I've ever worked at,
Pros
Experience
Cons
Pay, horrible management, drama
It's a shame
Lpn/ medication nurse (Former Employee) –  KYJuly 16, 2015
I worked under this clinic before it was aquired by BHG. At that point, I felt like a slave. The nurses were expected to work more more more, for no more money, benefits, or even thank you. You had to work weekends because, you don't close unless absolutely necessary. We had an on-call after hours line that Pt's could call at anytime, you were responsible for. The computer servers were always going down at peak dosing times, leaving long lines, irritated patients late for work, irritated nurses, and having to dose liquid methadone manually. We had four nurses before BHG, and were decreased to three. They pushed "more new admits, more new admits!" But once the Pt. was admitted, staff were so busy, the Pt. did not receive the care and attention a recovering addict needs. It has potential to be great, and I loved my Pt.'s dearly (for the most part), but you got to have tough skin to make it there, even when you do get the tough skin, you will be burnt out and resentful eventually. New growing companies must be profitable, but they take it too far. Bhg needs to change or they will never keep good worthy employees, and will begin feeding the opiate problem instead of fixing it... Which should be their whole purpose!
Pros
Small, family like environment, different patient load
Cons
weekends, on call, no raises, low pay
Stay clear!!!!!!
LPN, Medication Nurse (Former Employee) –  New OrleansNovember 8, 2014
I was employed at BHG for approx. 4 years. I tolerated the job mainly due to the work hours and thinking I could contribute to making a difference with the client recovery process. There is absolutely NO opportunities for growth. The entire time of my employment at BHG, a pay increase (merit raise) was never provided, despite good to excellent job performance reviews!!!!!! Based on their financial reports, BHG clearly was/is a substantial profitable company with a NON-COMPETITIVE pay rate. Through my observation, the counseling was ineffective, and many clients were receiving extremely long term treatment, instead of short term as the program was designed. Management was non-supporting, and often presented their management style as, "It's my way or the highway!" This company is nothing less of a glorified and legalized dope dealer.
Pros
work hours
Cons
pay, poor professional development, management.
Look elsewhere
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Gretna, LAApril 15, 2016
This company does not care about the employees or the patients they only care about making money . Don't have no room for advancement, and the pay sucks for nurses, counselors, medical assistant and front desk. Management is not to be trusted.
Horrible Company
Alcohol and Drug Counselor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 16, 2013
This company is not worth the time of day! The company does not value their employees nor the patients that receive care from them. Advancement opprotunities are not available unless you want to back bite and do unethical things to get a higher position. When BHG took over management, I never got a raise, even after 3 years of working for the company. You have a lot of paperwork and during sessions with patients this will be your primary focus. Not a good company. I loved working with my clients, but it was not worth the stress for the pay. Deductibles on health insurance were high along with the cost of insurance.
Pros
patients
Cons
bad management, bad pay, horrible benefits
A poor place of business
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 1, 2013
The company's primary focus are their finances. They don't care about their employes nor their clients. They have too many changes with an increasing amount of demands. There are also no chances for raises and the leadership is also very poor. The only thing worth gaining from the company is experience.
Pros
clients, experience
Cons
management, pay, leadership
Interesting place to work.
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 12, 2015
I enjoy working with the clients. My coworkers are always available to talk to when assistance is needed. The hours are hard to get used to.
Cons
high turn over rate
Schedule seems ideal, but you will be exhausted.
Licensed Addictions Counselor (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 22, 2015
The counseling department has been a revolving door since day 1. The hours are 5 am to 1:30 pm with rotating Saturdays. If you want a social life outside of work, look elsewhere.
Very gloomy place to work
MA (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma CityJanuary 20, 2015
Very unprofessional, no room for advancement, very hard to keep a positive attitude, very much a good ol boy system, everyone had a negative outlook on all patients, made it hard to fight for the patients doing good in their treatment. The doctor was the only one who listened and seemed to care about the improvements that patients were making.
Glorified drug dealers
Med nurse (Former Employee) –  KnoxvilleFebruary 11, 2015
Unethical putting patients into withdrawals when they can't pay. Giving patients their medication even though they are clearly impaired. Biggest problem is you're technically a pharmacy tech preparing medication ahead of time for other nurses to pass out.
Pros
hours
Cons
management. they only care about the money
Not patient oriented
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Memphis TNSeptember 7, 2013
The company's mission statement is incongruent with the actual outcome. What you really have is caring clinical staff that have to pretend that they are okay in order to maintain sanity, but in reality the caseloads are overwhelming and it makes it impossible to be proficient in engaging the patient in treatment through psychotherapy and outreach service referrals. When you really care and your job is more about just a paycheck then the money and benefits is not worth the feeling of not being able to reach the client effectively due to undue redundancy and lack of adequate clinical staff to care for the client's core issues.
Pros
good pay/ benefits
Cons
too many patients per counselor to maximize proficiency.
Terrible Administrative Staff
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City. OklahomaApril 8, 2015
Worked at Oklahoma City ORC( methadone clinic), and had worked previously in this particular field, so was very familiar. Was treated rude, unprofessional & terribly disorganized.. The staff were never welcoming. The receptionist basically ran the place. They have a wonderful, caring doctor. Only good thing I can say.
Pros
knowledgeable doctor
Cons
administrative staff
Unethical workers and questionable practices
support staff (Former Employee) –  TNSeptember 26, 2013
Horrible company to work for. Counselors are manipulating urinalysis testing process. Patients are running amuck and allowed to be dosed even though they are clearly imparied. Not much counseling or recovery going on, really just a legal drug distribution network.
Pros
work hours
Cons
management and patients
Great Coworkers
Call Agent (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 5, 2015
I learned a great deal about addiction and how to treat people suffering from addiction. I had to quit to take care of my mom who was sick at the time.
Pros
great work experience
Cons
a hour drive to get there. start time 6am

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Behavioral Health Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.1