Behavioral Health Group

Behavioral Health Group Employer Reviews

AWFUL
Administrative Support (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 28, 2014
Cons: rude people, period
did not like it one bit, the co workers and patients were RUDE all the time for no reason.
great if you dont have young children
medication nurse (Current Employee), Westminster, COMarch 10, 2014
Pros: pay is compeitive
Cons: early hours and travling to different clinics
fast pace job great co workers the new management rocks early morning hours are hard with young children
Great opportunity for learning and expanding skill set
Substance Abuse Counselor (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAJanuary 30, 2014
Managing a case load of 75 patients. Coordinating care with a variety of physicians and social service agencies.
A poor place of business
Administrative Support (Former Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 1, 2013
Pros: clients, experience
Cons: management, pay, leadership
The company's primary focus are their finances. They don't care about their employes nor their clients. They have too many changes with an increasing amount of demands. There are also no chances for raises and the leadership is also very poor. The only thing worth gaining from the company is experience.
Terrible!!!
LPN (Former Employee), Memphis, TNNovember 6, 2013
Overworked, underpaid, and not appreciated. Good old boys club. Everything is kept hush, hush, including sexual harassment, verbal abuse,deaths, medication errors, if it's wrong it happens here and the only thing the director and his good old boys tell you is if you don't like it...leave.
Unethical workers and questionable practices
support staff (Former Employee), TNSeptember 26, 2013
Pros: work hours
Cons: management and patients
Horrible company to work for. Counselors are manipulating urinalysis testing process. Patients are running amuck and allowed to be dosed even though they are clearly imparied. Not much counseling or recovery going on, really just a legal drug distribution network.
Horrible Company
Alcohol and Drug Counselor (Former Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: patients
Cons: bad management, bad pay, horrible benefits
This company is not worth the time of day! The company does not value their employees nor the patients that receive care from them. Advancement opprotunities are not available unless you want to back bite and do unethical things to get a higher position. When BHG took over management, I never got a raise, even after 3 years of working for the company. – more... You have a lot of paperwork and during sessions with patients this will be your primary focus. Not a good company. I loved working with my clients, but it was not worth the stress for the pay. Deductibles on health insurance were high along with the cost of insurance. – less
Not patient oriented
Counselor (Former Employee), Memphis TNSeptember 7, 2013
Pros: good pay/ benefits
Cons: too many patients per counselor to maximize proficiency.
The company's mission statement is incongruent with the actual outcome. What you really have is caring clinical staff that have to pretend that they are okay in order to maintain sanity, but in reality the caseloads are overwhelming and it makes it impossible to be proficient in engaging the patient in treatment through psychotherapy and outreach service – more... referrals. When you really care and your job is more about just a paycheck then the money and benefits is not worth the feeling of not being able to reach the client effectively due to undue redundancy and lack of adequate clinical staff to care for the client's core issues. – less
Company changed hands too frequently and management was deprived of information.
Office Manager, Safety Officer (Former Employee), Raleigh, TNJuly 1, 2013
The best part of my job was working with the patients and the feeling I would get knowing I was able to have a positive impact in their lives.

The hardest part of my job was that we were supposed to be a patient oriented facility but the continual changes in ownership, lead to the patient being anything but top priority.
Productive work place with continuous changes and multi- tasking
Medication Nurse, LPN (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 24, 2013
A typical day at work is patient centered. Making sure that the patients are safe and communication lines are always open. I learned to be responsible for many things from patient care to safety precautions for staff and patients, and medication and supply inventory. Also from the monthly educational training I learned medication diversion, deescalation – more... skills, and opiate dependency knowledge. My co-workers were very supportive and taught me many things about this patient population. The hardest part of the job at times were the hours. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was my one on one interaction with my patients. – less
Productive and caring staff!
Administrative Support (Current Employee), Wichita Falls, TXJune 23, 2013
I work for the best company! I have learned that people have made mistakes but we are there to help those in need. I have the best co workers that are dedicated in their job!
We are a big family
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Gretna, LAJune 20, 2013
Pros: we have picnics, birthday celebrations, weeding showers.
Cons: there is really no cons for me working with this company. they are very nice with everything.
We are all a big family. I work with 18 females and 2 males. We never fight and get angry at each other. Everyone is willing to help everything if they are in need of help.
All in all they are a group definately geered toward helping the client.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Memphis, TNApril 26, 2013
A typical day at work i would help medicate around from 200 to 300 daily dosing patients with an opiate drug dependency diagnosis. I gained great knowledge on addiction and the treatment of addiction. I had an excellent supervisor and a micro manager. I got along well with my coworkers and did consider them friends as well. The hardest part of my job – more... is to only dose our clients and not listen to their problems because the that is what was intended for their counselors. The most enjoyable part of the job was the great people I got to help daily and I got to be a part of their recovery process. Very rewarding – less
Poor
Alcohol and Drug Counselor (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNApril 1, 2013
Pros: patients
Cons: administration
The administration of BHG is focused soley on finances, therefore, the well-being of the patients and the employees are overlooked.