Behavioral Health Group Employee Reviews

It's a shame
Lpn/ medication nurse (Former Employee), KYJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Small, family like environment, different patient load
Cons: weekends, on call, no raises, low pay
I worked under this clinic before it was aquired by BHG. At that point, I felt like a slave. The nurses were expected to work more more more, for no more money, benefits, or even thank you. You had to work weekends because, you don't close unless absolutely necessary. We had an on-call after hours line that Pt's could call at anytime, you were responsible for. The computer servers were always going down at peak dosing times, leaving long lines, irritated patients late for work, irritated nurses, and having to dose liquid methadone manually. We had four nurses before BHG, and were decreased to three. They pushed "more new admits, more new admits!" But once the Pt. was admitted, staff were so busy, the Pt. did not receive the care and attention a recovering addict needs. It has potential to be great, and I loved my Pt.'s dearly (for the most part), but you got to have tough skin to make it there, even when you do get the tough skin, you will be burnt out and resentful eventually. New growing companies must be profitable, but they take it too far. Bhg needs to change or they will never keep good worthy employees, and will begin feeding the opiate problem instead of fixing it... Which should be their whole purpose!
Schedule seems ideal, but you will be exhausted.
Licensed Addictions Counselor (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAJune 22, 2015
The counseling department has been a revolving door since day 1. The hours are 5 am to 1:30 pm with rotating Saturdays. If you want a social life outside of work, look elsewhere.
Terrible Administrative Staff
Counselor (Former Employee), Oklahoma City. OklahomaApril 8, 2015
Pros: knowledgeable doctor
Cons: administrative staff
Worked at Oklahoma City ORC( methadone clinic), and had worked previously in this particular field, so was very familiar. Was treated rude, unprofessional & terribly disorganized.. The staff were never welcoming. The receptionist basically ran the place. They have a wonderful, caring doctor. Only good thing I can say.
Great Coworkers
Call Agent (Former Employee), Nashville, TNMarch 5, 2015
Pros: great work experience
Cons: a hour drive to get there. start time 6am
I learned a great deal about addiction and how to treat people suffering from addiction. I had to quit to take care of my mom who was sick at the time.
Glorified drug dealers
Med nurse (Former Employee), KnoxvilleFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: hours
Cons: management. they only care about the money
Unethical putting patients into withdrawals when they can't pay. Giving patients their medication even though they are clearly impaired. Biggest problem is you're technically a pharmacy tech preparing medication ahead of time for other nurses to pass out.
Very gloomy place to work
MA (Former Employee), Oklahoma CityJanuary 20, 2015
Very unprofessional, no room for advancement, very hard to keep a positive attitude, very much a good ol boy system, everyone had a negative outlook on all patients, made it hard to fight for the patients doing good in their treatment. The doctor was the only one who listened and seemed to care about the improvements that patients were making.
STAY CLEAR!!!!!!
LPN, Medication Nurse (Former Employee), New OrleansNovember 8, 2014
Pros: work hours
Cons: pay, poor professional development, management.
I was employed at BHG for approx. 4 years. I tolerated the job mainly due to the work hours and thinking I could contribute to making a difference with the client recovery process. There is absolutely NO opportunities for growth. The entire time of my employment at BHG, a pay increase (merit raise) was never provided, despite good to excellent job performance reviews!!!!!! Based on their financial reports, BHG clearly was/is a substantial profitable company with a NON-COMPETITIVE pay rate. Through my observation, the counseling was ineffective, and many clients were receiving extremely long term treatment, instead of short term as the program was designed. Management was non-supporting, and often presented their management style as, "It's my way or the highway!" This company is nothing less of a glorified and legalized dope dealer.
AWFUL
Administrative Support (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 28, 2014
Cons: rude people, period
did not like it one bit, the co workers and patients were RUDE all the time for no reason.
great if you dont have young children
medication nurse (Current Employee), Westminster, COMarch 10, 2014
Pros: pay is compeitive
Cons: early hours and travling to different clinics
fast pace job great co workers the new management rocks early morning hours are hard with young children
Great opportunity for learning and expanding skill set
Substance Abuse Counselor (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAJanuary 30, 2014
Managing a case load of 75 patients. Coordinating care with a variety of physicians and social service agencies.
A poor place of business
Administrative Support (Former Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 1, 2013
Pros: clients, experience
Cons: management, pay, leadership
The company's primary focus are their finances. They don't care about their employes nor their clients. They have too many changes with an increasing amount of demands. There are also no chances for raises and the leadership is also very poor. The only thing worth gaining from the company is experience.
Terrible!!!
LPN (Former Employee), Memphis, TNNovember 6, 2013
Overworked, underpaid, and not appreciated. Good old boys club. Everything is kept hush, hush, including sexual harassment, verbal abuse,deaths, medication errors, if it's wrong it happens here and the only thing the director and his good old boys tell you is if you don't like it...leave.
Unethical workers and questionable practices
support staff (Former Employee), TNSeptember 26, 2013
Pros: work hours
Cons: management and patients
Horrible company to work for. Counselors are manipulating urinalysis testing process. Patients are running amuck and allowed to be dosed even though they are clearly imparied. Not much counseling or recovery going on, really just a legal drug distribution network.
Horrible Company
Alcohol and Drug Counselor (Former Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: patients
Cons: bad management, bad pay, horrible benefits
This company is not worth the time of day! The company does not value their employees nor the patients that receive care from them. Advancement opprotunities are not available unless you want to back bite and do unethical things to get a higher position. When BHG took over management, I never got a raise, even after 3 years of working for the company. You have a lot of paperwork and during sessions with patients this will be your primary focus. Not a good company. I loved working with my clients, but it was not worth the stress for the pay. Deductibles on health insurance were high along with the cost of insurance.
Not patient oriented
Counselor (Former Employee), Memphis TNSeptember 7, 2013
Pros: good pay/ benefits
Cons: too many patients per counselor to maximize proficiency.
The company's mission statement is incongruent with the actual outcome. What you really have is caring clinical staff that have to pretend that they are okay in order to maintain sanity, but in reality the caseloads are overwhelming and it makes it impossible to be proficient in engaging the patient in treatment through psychotherapy and outreach service referrals. When you really care and your job is more about just a paycheck then the money and benefits is not worth the feeling of not being able to reach the client effectively due to undue redundancy and lack of adequate clinical staff to care for the client's core issues.
Company changed hands too frequently and management was deprived of information.
Office Manager, Safety Officer (Former Employee), Raleigh, TNJuly 1, 2013
The best part of my job was working with the patients and the feeling I would get knowing I was able to have a positive impact in their lives.

The hardest part of my job was that we were supposed to be a patient oriented facility but the continual changes in ownership, lead to the patient being anything but top priority.
Productive work place with continuous changes and multi- tasking
Medication Nurse, LPN (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 24, 2013
A typical day at work is patient centered. Making sure that the patients are safe and communication lines are always open. I learned to be responsible for many things from patient care to safety precautions for staff and patients, and medication and supply inventory. Also from the monthly educational training I learned medication diversion, deescalation skills, and opiate dependency knowledge. My co-workers were very supportive and taught me many things about this patient population. The hardest part of the job at times were the hours. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was my one on one interaction with my patients.
Productive and caring staff!
Administrative Support (Current Employee), Wichita Falls, TXJune 23, 2013
I work for the best company! I have learned that people have made mistakes but we are there to help those in need. I have the best co workers that are dedicated in their job!
We are a big family
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Gretna, LAJune 20, 2013
Pros: we have picnics, birthday celebrations, weeding showers.
Cons: there is really no cons for me working with this company. they are very nice with everything.
We are all a big family. I work with 18 females and 2 males. We never fight and get angry at each other. Everyone is willing to help everything if they are in need of help.
All in all they are a group definately geered toward helping the client.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Memphis, TNApril 26, 2013
A typical day at work i would help medicate around from 200 to 300 daily dosing patients with an opiate drug dependency diagnosis. I gained great knowledge on addiction and the treatment of addiction. I had an excellent supervisor and a micro manager. I got along well with my coworkers and did consider them friends as well. The hardest part of my job is to only dose our clients and not listen to their problems because the that is what was intended for their counselors. The most enjoyable part of the job was the great people I got to help daily and I got to be a part of their recovery process. Very rewarding