Behavioral Health Group Employee Reviews

Sounds good going in...BUT
Counselor/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  KansasApril 19, 2017
Once you go to work for BHG they forget about you. No training or guidance on the process of their treatment model. Hold you accountable for everything you do even if you haven't been shown how to do the task. Very negative to staff and raises are a joke (.50 cents more an hour)
Management is over the top with micro management! It is all about revenue and not so much about the treatment of the clients or the employees providing the treatment.

Hours are very difficult for maintaining a social life or family time.

Think twice before working here - turn over is rampant.
Pros
Providing addiction treatment to clients
Cons
Micro management and impersonal management style
Great Place to Work
Counselor Supervisior (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COMarch 30, 2017
Bhg is a great place to work I enjoy my job as counselor supervisor
what makes my job so awesome the counselors I work with they are the best team willing to take on extra tasks if needed in addition to their very busy case loads. I have the support of our program director as well as the nursing supervisor. But most of all our team has helped hundreds of patients struggling with this deadly disease of addiction. Please come and join our team!
Pros
Location, Team effort, Helping patients
Cons
Al ready starting to grow out of our new building.
Rewarding company to work for
Counselor (PLPC) (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 29, 2017
BHG is a great company to work for! I'm proud to be able to say that I am working diligently with my peers and multidisciplinary treatment team to combat the opioid crisis in my area. The job is fast paced and demanding, but provides a multitude of different learning opportunities. Employees must be organized and driven!
Pros
Fabulous coworkers, work parties/lunches, reliable & trustworthy supervisors
Cons
Insurance coverage/benefits, compensation
Hardworking employees
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNMarch 27, 2017
I have worked here about 2.5 years and have enjoyed my coworkers and I enjoy helping those clients who are willing to accept the help they need to overcome opiate addiction. The hours are good unless you have children. A lot of paperwork is present but that's in most social work fields.Pay could be better but I am thankful to have a workplace that's like home to me with caring coworkers and yes I'm not perfect and upper management has been grateful in trying to help me.improve on my weaknesses and I appreciate that.
Pros
Coworkers whom are willing to help
Cons
Insurances, not enough training
Happy
LPN Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Paducah, KYMarch 26, 2017
I have the opportunity everyday to be a part of a well organized team which provides a service for people with addiction, to overcome and regain their lives back. How precious is that!
Pros
Fast pace environment, clean working conditions.
Cons
Computers not working correctly, Not enough training...
Bhg Kc Mo is the best
Medication Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 24, 2017
I have worked in different jobs though out my life and the struggle of work/ family balance as a nurse is really hard to find. I have not had that trouble with this job. With school age children I find it hard to get to games or after school actives until I started working here. I also have found it hard not take my job home with me. At the clinic the job stays at the clinic and I don’t have to worry about what will be happening when I’m not here. I know that when I leave whoever is here will take care of the issues and not have to call me. I am able to spend time with my family who is very important to me. I think this job is a true blessing for my family and my self. I have been a nurse for 7 years working in different job roles in the nursing field and have never found the balance that I have found here at BHG.
Pros
great hours
Cons
none at this time
Very Supportive, Great Management, Family Like Culture
Intake Counselor (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COMarch 24, 2017
I am a newer staff person at BHG Westminster, CO, although I have been in the human services / counseling fields for over 15 years. I have never before worked at an agency that is so committed to my professional development. Initially, I was hesitant to consider working for a for profit agency, but my fears were unfounded. There is still a large emphasis on patient care and staff development. Management here has been incredibly supportive, encouraging, and open to new ideas and questions. Making mistakes is considered an important part of the learning process here, and they work with their staff on changing those mistakes, learning from them, and moving forward as opposed to approaching these issues from a punishment framework. I cannot overestimate the importance of feeling that you can talk to management about anything that comes up, particularly when you are working in the field of human services! The rest of the staff here is awesome, as well, and the environment is very team focused. There is someone somewhere at my location that has the answer to any question I might have, and they are willing to share their information freely and without judgement. I, personally, love the hours and find that I have more of a work / life balance as a result of getting out of work earlier in the afternoon (it leaves more time for fun after work!), but this is certainly not a job for you if you aren't a morning person! The biggest con for me about working at BHG has been the amount of Paid Time Off, which is on the low side. But, as there are many situations where you have no  more... paid time off at all, it is something.  less
Pros
Management, Team Focus, Monthly Pot Lucks
Cons
Paid Time Off
Great Work Environment
Counselor/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Corbin, KYMarch 24, 2017
Working at BHG Corbin is enjoyable. We are all like family. Everyone works together and really tries to help each other out. All employees care a lot about the clients and each other. It is nice having your work day over at 2:00pm as well!
Pros
Work hours, family-oriented
Cons
Office building
rewarding!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Midtown, TNMarch 24, 2017
What we do here at BHG is beyond rewarding! We can see the impact we have on our patients DAILY. I never knew when I started this job that I would become so invested in our patients. I love what I do, and working for a great company makes it that much better!
Pros
great teamwork
Cons
early hours
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 24, 2017
I have been with the company 2 years and have continuously been able to grow within the company. BHG has great management within the corporation and they are very involved in the upkeep of the company. The staff I work with are amazing and we work well as a team to help our clients on a daily basis.
Pros
Great team atmosphere
Cons
Early Hours

Want to know more about Behavioral Health Group?

Ask a question
What an AMAZING company to work for!!!!
LPN (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COMarch 24, 2017
I started working for this company many years ago. I knew nothing about addiction. I have learned a great deal, and continue to learn every day. The patients come here voluntarily, many are at rock bottom, broken. It is wonderful to watch them beat their addiction problem. To start working, taking care of their families, rebuild those relationship bridges, and become productive citizens again.
BHG Westminster has an awesome staff. Everyone helps each other. They are all caring and respectful. My Nursing Supervisor is awesome. She bends over backwards to try to help in any way she can. The Director is great too.
Pros
Awesome coworkers. The pay is great now.
Cons
Insurance is still a little high, but I think it is for every company these days.
Fantastic team of caring people
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COMarch 24, 2017
BHG is a great company to work for. At the Westminster, CO office we have a team full of caring, compassionate, hard working, and fun people. On a daily basis I feel lucky to be part of team that is consistently working to make a difference for our patients, and for our community. Additionally, the work that we do with our patients is fulfilling, challenging, and incredibly rewarding. As someone new to the field, BHG has been a wonderfully supportive place to learn and grow as a professional. 10/10, would recommend.
amazing support
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 24, 2017
I have never in my life worked with a team as awesome as mine. We always support each other in anything that we may face as a company. My Supervisor is outstanding. She goes above and beyond for her team and I couldn't ask for anyone better to lead our team.
Pros
AWESOME TEAM
Cons
Early hours.
I look forward to coming to work
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Corbin, KYMarch 23, 2017
I look forward to coming to work each day. I like the early morning hours and having the afternoons for family time. Our clinic is my extended family.
Pros
evening free, co- workers
Cons
small facility
Wonderful place to work!
LPN (Current Employee) –  Paducah, KYMarch 21, 2017
I have been a nurse for over 7 years and worked in many different settings and specialties and this is by far my absolute favorite job. The team that I work with is fantastic, I look forward to coming to work every day. Our Program Director and other management (including regional) are wonderful leaders who will go out of their way to help any of their team members. The patients well-being is made a priority, and each team member genuinely cares about the patients.

This job has its challenges, it can be a fast paced and mentally challenging job at times but it rarely gets monotonous or dull. I almost always leave work smiling and looking forward to the next day.
Pros
Flexible hours, competitive benefits
A great place to work!
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 20, 2017
During my time at the BHG corporate office, I’ve watched the company grow substantially to become a leading provider of opioid addiction treatment across the US. It is always wonderful to hear how our caring staff at our treatment centers have made such positive impacts in our patients lives and given them hope to move past their addictions. I’m blessed to have a job that I look forward to going to everyday. Your coworkers become your second family and everyone works as a team. The management is great and is understanding when you have personal issues arise. BHG offers a competitive benefits package, competitive pay and vacation, pto time and a floating holiday to use at your discretion. I plan to work here for a very long time and would highly recommend BHG to anyone!
Pros
Company provided lunch on payday, 401k company contribution, flexible work schedule, team player environment, great management
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Pikeville, KYMarch 20, 2017
*A typical workday at BHG Pikeville includes seeing patients during dosing hours for individual and/or group counseling. After dosing hours when patients leave, it is important to finish notes on the patients you've seen and maintain updated charts.
*Working in this field has allowed me to improve my counseling skills.
*The most difficult part of the job may be maintaining updated charts. However, if you stay on top of this daily, it will not become overwhelming.
*The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to see the patients grow and succeed.
Pros
Being able to leave early and still have planty of daytime left.
Cons
Healthcare
Productive Environment
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Corbin, KYMarch 20, 2017
Comfortable work atmosphere and down to earth co workers. The Corbin office has very supportive atmosphere. The hours allow time after work to shop or complete other tasks before children come home which is one of my favorite parts about my job!
Pros
Comfortable atmosphere, hours
Cons
pay
Rewarding at the end of the Day
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pikeville, KYMarch 20, 2017
The work environment is very good. Wonderful staff here at BHG Pikeville Ky and management that works with every individual and creates a family atmosphere with great professional working conditions. Working with the medical field is very rewarding when at the end you realize that you are actually helping the patient. The most enjoyable part of the job is gratitude the patient shows for helping them feel better or take care of their needs.
Pros
Good management team, Good hrs. not mandation of staying back when short handed.
Cons
The health insurance is not very affordable for family.
Rewarding job where you make a difference
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 17, 2017
BHG-Denver is a great place to work, where you can make the difference in the lives of people seeking services. The management is awesome, and I always feel comfortable talking to them about any concerns or questions I may have. The team here is very close and extremely supportive of one another.
Pros
team, workplace cultture, clients
Cons
paperwork

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Behavioral Health Group. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval