Behavioral Health Link Employee Reviews

Not a good place to work if you're looking to have a life outside of work.
Care Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 5, 2016
The pay is decent, but it's very hard to communicate with upper management. The schedules are not very accommodating if you're looking to have a social life, spend time with family, or simply maintain self-care. The hours and can be very stressful, and take a toll on your mental and physical health (many of the workers complain of chest pains). Also, upper management micromanages employees to the point that it's frustrating/uncomfortable and they don't appear to care about the employees. There's not very much room to get a promotion, and the Care Consultant position does not receive pay raises. Also, they are not very stable in practices such as training; employees were made to spend a great deal of time in an extensive training that didn't necessarily prepare the individual for the actual job at all.
Pros
Sometimes on 3rd shift they do cool things such as, "Taco Night". The job is not very hard to do.
Cons
Breaks are too short, healthcare packages are ridiculous, high turnover rate (which is probably attributed to the aforementioned)
Horrible place to work.
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 26, 2016
Job consists of sitting in a cubicle taking crisis calls. No appreciation for challenges involving job. Different CEO each year I worked there. Job got worse each year. No pay raises, poor treatment of staff. This is a temporary job at best. No career type job. You are taking stressful calls involving life and death situations, but you have poorly trained management who are not supportive in working with staff. Many mental health jobs are not very good, so this job is no different. My recommendation is not to waste your time here and look for something better.
Cons
Horrible management
Amazing people
Web analyst (Former Employee) –  AtlantaMarch 27, 2014
I worked very briefly for this organization. The people there are some of the most amazing human beings that I've ever met. The work that they do requires one to be exceptional, and they - seemingly without knowing it - more than live up to that requirement. BHL is an entire company full of really awesome people. I can't overemphasize this. It's not just the counselors - every department from HR to IT is just really cool.

Only one warning - not just anyone can work at this company. The problems that they handle are vastly worse than anything that someone uninitiated can prepare for. Even if you don't work in counseling, you're going to overhear some things that you can't un-learn. It's not a place to work for the faint of heart, but if you're tough enough for it, you're going to work with some fabulous people.
Very strong support from supervisors and other staff
Care Consultant/Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 5, 2013
Contract ended therefore everyone in region one of Georgia was laid off due to loss of contract.
Enjoyed working along with others to assist clients with finding facilities that would meet their needs.
Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 11, 2013
I was able to connect clients with facilities that would assist them with their abuse issues and concerns.
Work day
Field Care Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 20, 2013
I work from home, which has it's advantages. I'm not under distraction from coworkers and can work independently. I have excellent management and they are always willing to help. I have a wonderful group of coworkers that I am in constant communication with.
The hardest part of the job would be the absence of human interaction, since I work from home. Another disadvantage is that if I need a question for a supervisor answered, they are not readily available.
The most enjoyable part of my job is being at home!
Pros
I can wear whatever I want to wear.
Cons
Sometimes when I want to go on a break, there's no one available to relieve me.
Great compensation
Master Level Clinician  (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 13, 2013
Great compensation but you earn every penny due to the high call volume and the constant high acuity of the population served. The latter will cause an average clinician to become well versed in crisis if he/she works at BHL longer than 6 months.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
High stress environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Behavioral Health Link. Our community is ready to answer.

Behavioral Health Link Reviews by Job Title