Behavioral Health Network, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great Pay and Benefits
Budget and Contracts Manger (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAAugust 24, 2016
Great pay and benefits, tough place to work at times. Diversified group of people. Management really knows what they are doing.
Excellent company
Counselor and Lead Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAOctober 5, 2016
BHN provides excellent employee services and benefits. The company cares about the programs and goes out of their way to ensure employee satisfaction.
Very poor work environment
In-Home Therapy Clinician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJune 25, 2016
Incredibly poor management and negative work environment. The prime concern is productivity with no regard to supporting employees in self-care and encouraging advancement within the agency.

The work culture fosters burn out in clinicians.

You will have the opportunity to work with very diverse and challenging populations which builds clinical knowledge.
Pros
Work with diverse populations and exposure to varied mental health challenges/diagnoses
Cons
Poor mgmt, lack of advancement opportunity, low pay, work many hours
Lacking respect for workers.
RN (Former Employee) –  Liberty StreetSeptember 6, 2016
Upper management low ball state contracts and pay workers poorly, while upper management get paid exhorbitantly. They squeeze the middle management and don't provide adequate resources to do a good job. Then, they blame the managers and front line staff when contract goals fall short. When staff are able to provide good results, they are not recognized for the work that they do. They are less than truthful in providing services that they are contracted to do. They have no respect for registered nurses and do not know how to utilize their skills. If you are an RN, stay away! You will not be treated with fairly or as a professional.
Pros
Good front line staff
Cons
Poor upper management.
Run as fast as you can!
Residential Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAApril 6, 2016
I have worked in a variety of positions at BHN and no matter what level I have been at, I've been treated like dirt. Not only is the management horrible, pay is barely above minimum but they also do things illegally. There have been several shifts I have worked on and also heard from other staff that, where they were out of ratio meaning, two little staff for how many clients were home. Not only is this not providing the best care for the individuals but it makes it completely overwhelming and unsafe for the staff member. They also have repeatedly done poorly on state run audits, mostly due to the fact that they do everything half a** or are completely behind in the times, until about 3-4 months before the audit is supposed to happen so all staff have to work insane overtime (which for management you don't get paid overtime) just to meet a substandard level. Residents are given mediocre care at the best times due to BHN's inability to provide adequate care and hire professional and competent staff. The majority of the staff, including management, that work there are undereducated and desperate for some type of job. The few handfuls of people who actually know what they are doing, leave rather quickly when they see BHN's true colors. In addition, they are also completely behind technologically speaking, and still use all paper records and do not have a cohesive way of doing things across different locations. If you actually go to a good agency, you would see an electronic organizing system and more structure. Finally, one of BHN's biggest flaws is the way they structure their  more... organization. The staff are in the house with the residents and the house coordinator (who runs that house) is completely separate in the office with other upper management. This creates lack of accessibility, communication and organization. In the majority of group homes, especially those that are organized and run properly, a house manager and coordinator have an office inside the home. The rest of the upper management are located in a central office. Because of their strange organizational setup, staff slack off, constantly run late, provide inadequate care, rarely speak to their coordinator, the houses are unorganized, coordinators don't know their residents like they should, etc. and does BHN care? Absolutely not. They run subpar car, on minimal dollars while completely overworking and overwhelming their poorly chosen staff. Before filling out an application for BHN just think, do I want to work for an organization that doesn't care about me or the people they serve?  less
Pros
Working with the residents
Cons
Expensive healthcare, little pay, management, organizational structure, lack of good benefits, schedule, treatment of staff
Great place to work.
Outreach Worker (Current Employee) –  Westfield, MANovember 29, 2015
It is a good place to get experience in the mental health field. Management is professional and supportive. There are a lot of different personalities working there so flexibility and patience are important.
Pros
Benefits and co-workers
Cons
Not very flexible
Behavioral Health Network
Residential Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Amherst, MANovember 16, 2016
I love working with people and at this job I got to interact with people everyday. I took care of individuals with disabilities. I enjoyed hearing their stories about their past. The hardest part was hearing about how some of their previous living situations prior to coming to BHN.
you deal with client's that has been effect hardest, by the opaite epdemic
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MANovember 27, 2016
stressful job, but the reward of helping others' get better is worth it. It takes compassion and caring to deal with the clients we serviced. I always say "don't take the work home with you".
Pros
interact with all people
Cons
na
No advancement opportunitities
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MAJune 16, 2016
Unless you are fee for service, you will have productivity. That means that you have to see a certain amount of clients per day. Is something that is possible but for the amount of pay is not worth it.
Pros
Fee for service
Cons
pay
stay away
what ever they threw me in (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMarch 23, 2015
This company is awful to work for unless your a a-- kisser and even that doesn't get you far. The pay is low with barely any raises. They want you to work for free, no overtime, the benefits are terrible, luckily I had my husband's insurance, but I seen what my coworkers had to pay and it was ridiculous, if your a single mother your working for medical insurance, I applied for intake and after awhile they moved me to medical records without even asking me if I wanted to do that, there's no room for advancement there, if you are a receptionist chances are they will keep you in that position until you leave, employees are a disposable to them.. stay away your better of at McDonald's..
Pros
clients, coworkers
Cons
low pay, lousey benefits, no advancement
training not good
Developmental Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAMarch 3, 2015
the schedule is flexible as long as your productivity doesn't go into a deficit. The training isn't great. I shadowed for two weeks with many different people and told many different things that didn't coincide with the rules. I was lucky to get supervision with my first supervisor once a month and now I'm suffering for it. Working with the families is great but I wasn't properly prepared for all of the paperwork, productivity and I am not getting the best support. I've had to reduce my hours in order to have some amount of success in improving my productivity but my health benefits are being raised drastically and I can't afford it. I'm basically working to pay for health insurance now.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
healthcare, inadequate training, inadequate support
good place to work
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAAugust 16, 2016
Meet a lot of great people and learned a lot.Hardest part of the job is feeling like you cannot help a client right away. Answered a lot of phone calls and transferred to the right department.
Pros
meet a lot of good people
Cons
Not enough time to finish all paperwork.
To much drama
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAAugust 30, 2016
there is too much going on in the residential homes. no one is on the same page and supervisors do not communicate with their staff. they have a lot of work to do
Great bosses, awesome co-workers
Billing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAFebruary 10, 2016
a typical day at work is very fast-paced with regards to my responsibilities. I've learned teamwork working for this company and how to get along with a diverse staff. I found the management to be very helpful and friendly, but also fair. My co-workers were all very friendly and supportive. The most challenging part of my job was waiting for insurance companies to respond to requests. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to help the insured understand their bill.
Experience
Outreach Counselor (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAJune 30, 2016
This job has given me many experiences that I might not have otherwise had. I have had a mix of positives and negatives from this job.
Do not work there
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAApril 10, 2016
I always had to do work from home while off the clock. They are NOT for people with a family. While I enjoyed working with some people they are however no long employed with the company. The turnover rate is high and the pay is low. Work load is excessive.
If you are passionate about taing care of people BHN is a great plact work.
Residential Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Northampton, MAFebruary 27, 2016
Everyday you have to be ready to give 100 percent to your clients. They depend on you. I learn something new everyday. The hardest part would be the shifts available. Its almost impossible to have a life outside of work. The best part are the clients you grow a connection to.
Pros
gaining experience
Cons
difficult to balance work and home
BHN is a decent place to work
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAApril 24, 2016
I have enjoyed my years working in the substance abuse field through BHN. The employees all work well together and step up as needed.
Pros
Cons
Some days are more difficult than others but worth it.
Productive and Great experience
Clinical Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAMarch 24, 2016
It's a good environment to start if you never had experience in the mental health field. Especially if you're planning or still going to school. They are flexible and honestly really care if whether or not you have worked your hours.
Crisis Counselor
Crisis Counselor (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAMarch 31, 2016
Working with the people in this environment is a enjoyable job. I learned about cohesiveness and consistency. They have a typical day like if your working in the public school.
Pros
A great place to work!!!
Cons
Working per diem...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Behavioral Health Network, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8