Behavioral Health Network, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great place for a first time BH job
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MAOctober 16, 2017
BHN Inc. has high turnovers and there is no structure. This is a great place to start in the mental health field but not worth staying for many years. No growth opportunity and the pay is a joke. Do not expect much from this company, just be realistic that things might not change or will take a long time to change (and by time you might have already left.) My department has a couple of strong and great supervisors but the company as a whole is not worth it.
Pros
supportive supervisors, great first experience in the mental health field.
Cons
low pay, unable to grow within the company, slow to or no improvments within the company
Enjoyable to see individuals have fun
Residential Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Westfield, MAOctober 12, 2017
Working in a group home is very rewarding. I enjoy helping people and feeling like I make their day better. It can be stressful at times as well as exhausting.
Poor management and senior vp
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAOctober 9, 2017
Never work here! If you want to risk a license for insurance fraud then this is your place. They encourage their employees to document false reports to get clients insurance to pay for more time. Management lacks any training or human emotion! The cutthroat, backstabbing and greed that spills from HQ on liberty st. should be known! Beware of BHN! They are only in it for the money!!! Clients are kicked out of their programs with no place to go after insurance runs out. They don't even try and help the clients or forget meeting them where their at. It's all about making that money!!
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Insurance fraud, lack of empathy for employees, if not management your nothing!
Typical day at BHN
Peer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAOctober 9, 2017
many times i would work at nigh so by the time i would get there the clients would have an hour before it was time to shut down. The tv and use of appliances. It then would be time for them to go to sleep after that i would do work on computer. While making round making sure that safety of our clients came first. Because we would have man and woman sleeping in one room. So we would have to keep a close eye on all clients. Then around 6 am i would start the clean up. Clean the bathroom, Living room, kitchen and more. 7am the other staff for the morning shift would come in and we would share notes of clients and if there was any thing to watch out for. what was the clients story for needing to stay at the living room. For we was not a shelter but very similar on because we would not let one client stay at our location more then 4 to 5 times in a month but ever month the count starts over and they would be able to stay again.
Residential Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MAOctober 4, 2017
Some houses are less stressful than others. Staff is great to work with. Management is okay. Hardest part of job depends on needs of clients. Some clients need total care while others only need reminders or assistance.
Unlikely to Grow
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAOctober 4, 2017
Poor Management and unlikely to grow. People are hostile and they discriminate a lot. They don't have organizational skills and everything is thrown at you the same day that change it. The communication is bad.
Work Place
Driver Alcohol Education Clinician (Current Employee) –  471 chestnut street Springfield, MASeptember 26, 2017
A typical day in my job starts by getting to the office, prepping my paperwork for my intakes and/or exit interviews for the day. Completing intakes and then running my evening groups on the nights they are scheduled and then doing progress notes. I then head home around 10 PM. My supervisor is good. She can be very helpful when I need it. I have learned how to get better at comp assessments and writing progress notes. The hardest parts of the job are dealing with politics and clients coming in under the influence of substances.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
long stressful hours
Productive and fun place to work
Family Partner (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAAugust 13, 2017
Case management, billing on timely manner, building greats relationships with families, working as a team to provide great support for families.
Hardest part was productivity hours.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
productivity hours
na
Intensive Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Westfield, MAAugust 2, 2017
Give us your opinion about a typical day at work, what you learned, management, workplace culture, the hardest part of the job,the most desirable part of the job.
Recovery Specialist-Per Diem (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAAugust 2, 2017
A good place for work as a per diem employee. Not sure of the benefits for full or part time employment. No bad things to say about this place, the most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the clients.
Diverse clientele makes work challenging
Licensed Mental Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAJuly 30, 2017
A typical day is 8 hours of clinical work. Most days you are lucky to get a break but some days its worth it, being able to change peoples lives for the better. Although higher management guidance is minimal the clinical supervision is available when needed. Directorships can also leave something to be desired.
Working in an inner city clinic can be challenging due to the acuity of the clientele.
Poor Quality
Outpatient Clinician (Current Employee) –  Westfield, MAJuly 27, 2017
BHN is a tough place as far as advancement, job security, management, job culture, and work and life balance. You have to build clientele or you are actually behind in work, which takes time. Need something more stable.
I loved working at BHN.
Residential Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Northampton, MAJuly 1, 2017
This was the best job, I loved my coworkers, the environment was so relaxed, the clients were awesome!!! It was a home. We all worked together cooking, cleaning, going out. It was a functional household that felt like a family.
Learn something new everyday!
Mobile Youth/Adult Crisis Clinician (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAJune 27, 2017
Exciting place to work; you learn/see something new everyday.
You work with many populations from children to adults. This is a job to start with because you gain more than enough of experience.
Productive and fun place to work.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJune 6, 2017
Being a receptionist at BHN was a great position. Lots of work, fast paced and great people. They offered many benefit. The people that worked there were very friendly and fun to work with . I enjoyed the fact that the days were busy. A great company all around.
Pros
Set schedule.
People I serve are fund
Residential Specialist (Former Employee) –  Amherst, MAJune 2, 2017
The balance of work should be to improve the safety of employees first to ensure safety for the people they serve. Well, there are good people there.
Pros
selfless that caregivers
Cons
Scheduling is an hassle
BHN have great opportunities due to their many different programs
Developmental Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAJune 1, 2017
I worked fr BHN for 5 years now and really love my job. They allow you to work in other programs for experience while working you man job. I work in the Early Intervention Program but do a few hours in Crisis.
A lot of back stabbers
Cook (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 24, 2017
In my unit there was a lot of back-stabbers. other employees were gunning for my job because it was full time. They tried to set me up for lousy conditions. When I fist got there half the kitchen was out of order.
Pros
having a job
Cons
the pay and work conditions
Residential Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMarch 9, 2017
A typical day at BHN was very calm. Working with the elderly was great. Seeing smiles on their faces because they knew they had someone there to help them. Cooking, cleaning, bathing, being a companion and keeping the individuals safe. I would bring individuals to doctors appointments. I learned that everyone has a struggle and everyone always need a support system. I loved working one on one with my client during the day. It was easier. The most enjoyable part was being able to help the individuals. T hardest part was when people from others shifts would not complete their jobs.
A great place to get started in substance abuse treatment services
Substance Abuse Counselor (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, MAMarch 7, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working with client's in recovery. BHN provided good vacation, holiday, sick time, and personal days that were paid. The staff, although under staffed, got along well and worked as a team.
Pros
Paid days off, free meals if there were extras, paid trainings
Cons
understaffed, inconsistent schedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Behavioral Health Network, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.