Behavioral Health Network, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Very poor work environment
In-Home Therapy Clinician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJune 25, 2016
Incredibly poor management and negative work environment. The prime concern is productivity with no regard to supporting employees in self-care and encouraging advancement within the agency.

The work culture fosters burn out in clinicians.

You will have the opportunity to work with very diverse and challenging populations which builds clinical knowledge.
Pros
Work with diverse populations and exposure to varied mental health challenges/diagnoses
Cons
Poor mgmt, lack of advancement opportunity, low pay, work many hours
If you are passionate about taing care of people BHN is a great plact work.
Residential Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Northampton, MAFebruary 27, 2016
Everyday you have to be ready to give 100 percent to your clients. They depend on you. I learn something new everyday. The hardest part would be the shifts available. Its almost impossible to have a life outside of work. The best part are the clients you grow a connection to.
Pros
gaining experience
Cons
difficult to balance work and home
Great bosses, awesome co-workers
Billing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAFebruary 10, 2016
a typical day at work is very fast-paced with regards to my responsibilities. I've learned teamwork working for this company and how to get along with a diverse staff. I found the management to be very helpful and friendly, but also fair. My co-workers were all very friendly and supportive. The most challenging part of my job was waiting for insurance companies to respond to requests. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to help the insured understand their bill.
Do not work there
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAApril 10, 2016
I always had to do work from home while off the clock. They are NOT for people with a family. While I enjoyed working with some people they are however no long employed with the company. The turnover rate is high and the pay is low. Work load is excessive.
No advancement opportunitities
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MAJune 16, 2016
Unless you are fee for service, you will have productivity. That means that you have to see a certain amount of clients per day. Is something that is possible but for the amount of pay is not worth it.
Pros
Fee for service
Cons
pay
Productive and Great experience
Clinical Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAMarch 24, 2016
It's a good environment to start if you never had experience in the mental health field. Especially if you're planning or still going to school. They are flexible and honestly really care if whether or not you have worked your hours.
BHN is a decent place to work
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAApril 24, 2016
I have enjoyed my years working in the substance abuse field through BHN. The employees all work well together and step up as needed.
Pros
Cons
Some days are more difficult than others but worth it.
Crisis Counselor
Crisis Counselor (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAMarch 31, 2016
Working with the people in this environment is a enjoyable job. I learned about cohesiveness and consistency. They have a typical day like if your working in the public school.
Pros
A great place to work!!!
Cons
Working per diem...
Very professional and cacious workplace
Residential Staff Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAJanuary 27, 2016
Hard working with clients making sure everything is by the books for there safety. The clients could vary in difficulty and needs but we all work as a team to meet our daily goals.
Good company with good benifits
Certified Peer Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAJanuary 25, 2016
Great leadership that are approachable and easy to talk with. Great benefit plans and really care about their employees and their families.
Pros
Flexiblity
Cons
To many young people in authorty
Great place to work.
Outreach Worker (Current Employee) –  Westfield, MANovember 29, 2015
It is a good place to get experience in the mental health field. Management is professional and supportive. There are a lot of different personalities working there so flexibility and patience are important.
Pros
Benefits and co-workers
Cons
Not very flexible
best job
Front Desk/ Intake Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAJanuary 7, 2016
great job. taught me about substance abuse and how serious and controlling it can be. I like the experience at damon house and the coworkers. the clients at the residence were very respectful.
fair
Crisis Clinician (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAJune 18, 2015
Most money is made in overtime, which is almost always available, however there is inconsistent supervisory support and management often undermines their own values through lack of support of staff. Extremely difficult to achieve desired schedule, and burnout is extremely common due to the varying needs of the individuals served. However, the agency serves individuals with all kinds of mental health needs and offers contact with virtually every mental health diagnosis imaginable, which fosters rapid development of very valuable clinical skills.
Pros
Rapid development of clinical skills
Cons
Poor work-life balance
Hello
Intake Coordinator for In Home Therapy (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MANovember 4, 2015
The company is a wonderful place to work, a lot of great co-workers I will never forget. The co-workers were like family.
Interesting Place to Work
Community Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Northampton, MAAugust 12, 2015
I worked in both there group homes and community day supports. I liked some of the people I worked but others were plain mean to me. They lowered my pay without telling me in writing.
Pros
fun things to do sometimes
Cons
bad boss
great staff and great mission
Budgets and Contracts Manager (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAOctober 5, 2015
hardworking and dedicated staff -- continuing to grow and learn - providing very good and necessary services in the community
worked with clients in different settings
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJune 18, 2015
we brought clients to volunteer jobs and shopping. The hardest part was the traveling throughout the city's and towns. The best part was seeing the clients participate in the community.
Pros
Did fun activities such as going to concerts and parks.
Cons
Finding places, I had to spend money to buy a GPS
A Great Interacting Community
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAAugust 10, 2015
1. I take care of the residents. I walk with them , I eat with them, and i also apply them with them with their medications, when they are ready to go to sleep i walk them upstairs and make sure they are comfortable in their environment.
2. I have learned to help people who struggle with Alcohol & Drug problems. I have learned that struggling with these problems is a major problem that many people are facing throughout the world and it can be considered as a mental illness that can lead to a fatal ending if not treated carefully.
3. The management in the place ran very well, and we understood our tasks and did exactly what we were told to do.
4. My co-workers were outstanding, we will always get work done untied. we will always work together as a team.
5. The hardest part of the job is when the people that we are trying to help repeat the same steps as day one.
6. The most enjoyable part of the job is when they get what recovery is all about and they take a step forward into controlling their lives.
Pros
Free Lunches, 15 mins break, Healthcare, Clean
stay away
what ever they threw me in (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMarch 23, 2015
This company is awful to work for unless your a a-- kisser and even that doesn't get you far. The pay is low with barely any raises. They want you to work for free, no overtime, the benefits are terrible, luckily I had my husband's insurance, but I seen what my coworkers had to pay and it was ridiculous, if your a single mother your working for medical insurance, I applied for intake and after awhile they moved me to medical records without even asking me if I wanted to do that, there's no room for advancement there, if you are a receptionist chances are they will keep you in that position until you leave, employees are a disposable to them.. stay away your better of at McDonald's..
Pros
clients, coworkers
Cons
low pay, lousey benefits, no advancement
My Experience
Residential Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MAMarch 12, 2015
I do enjoy working with the individuals I deal with on a day to day basis. I'm forever grateful for the experience and knowledge I have gained as a member of this team. I love my co-workers, and the job I have, as stressful as it can be sometimes. I now have achieved my BA in Psychology so I want to explore other options in the field that I chose for my career.
Pros
leadership skills, experience, gaining knowledge, learning mechanisms
Cons
on-call weeks, long hours sometimes, changes happening in the company

2.7