Behavioral Health Network, Inc. Employee Reviews

worked with clients in different settings
Support Specialist (Former Employee), Springfield, MAJune 18, 2015
Pros: Did fun activities such as going to concerts and parks.
Cons: Finding places, I had to spend money to buy a GPS
we brought clients to volunteer jobs and shopping. The hardest part was the traveling throughout the city's and towns. The best part was seeing the clients participate in the community.
I enjoy office work.
Medical Secretary (Former Employee), Springfield, MAApril 8, 2015
Maintained the front desk and patient records; scheduled appointments, filing. I pay great attention to detail adhere to HIPAA rules.
great work experience
Addiction Specialist (Former Employee), Springfield maMarch 24, 2015
Hard working individuals seeking to meet the needs of many.
Staff care about the people they help.
A place to grow in therapeutic understanding of clinical interventions
stay away
what ever they threw me in (Former Employee), Springfield, MAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: clients, coworkers
Cons: low pay, lousey benefits, no advancement
This company is awful to work for unless your a a-- kisser and even that doesn't get you far. The pay is low with barely any raises. They want you to work for free, no overtime, the benefits are terrible, luckily I had my husband's insurance, but I seen what my coworkers had to pay and it was ridiculous, if your a single mother your working for medical insurance, I applied for intake and after awhile they moved me to medical records without even asking me if I wanted to do that, there's no room for advancement there, if you are a receptionist chances are they will keep you in that position until you leave, employees are a disposable to them.. stay away your better of at McDonald's..
My Experience
Residential Coordinator (Current Employee), Holyoke, MAMarch 12, 2015
Pros: leadership skills, experience, gaining knowledge, learning mechanisms
Cons: on-call weeks, long hours sometimes, changes happening in the company
I do enjoy working with the individuals I deal with on a day to day basis. I'm forever grateful for the experience and knowledge I have gained as a member of this team. I love my co-workers, and the job I have, as stressful as it can be sometimes. I now have achieved my BA in Psychology so I want to explore other options in the field that I chose for my career.
training not good
Developmental Specialist (Current Employee), Springfield, MAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: healthcare, inadequate training, inadequate support
the schedule is flexible as long as your productivity doesn't go into a deficit. The training isn't great. I shadowed for two weeks with many different people and told many different things that didn't coincide with the rules. I was lucky to get supervision with my first supervisor once a month and now I'm suffering for it. Working with the families is great but I wasn't properly prepared for all of the paperwork, productivity and I am not getting the best support. I've had to reduce my hours in order to have some amount of success in improving my productivity but my health benefits are being raised drastically and I can't afford it. I'm basically working to pay for health insurance now.
Co-workers and clients are great
RESIDENTIAL SUPPORT STAFF (Former Employee), Westfield, MAJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: work enviroment
Cons: management
Helping those in need is my true passion.I enjoy helping others learn how to live in a home setting.
Good to place to work
Certified Peer Support Specialist (Current Employee), Springfield MassDecember 28, 2014
Pros: you make your own schedule
Cons: pay
BHN is a great place to work, it is a friendly and relaxed job. The clients and team members are the best. I really do not want to leave.
establishing safe and comfortable environment for individuals with special needs
Residential Specialist (Current Employee), Northampton, MANovember 9, 2014
Pros: helping my clients
work with diverse of individuals with mental challenge.. assisted with ADLS education.
Maintaining physical and mental health of inmates
❸ Forensic counselor (Former Employee), Ludlow, MAOctober 28, 2014
Pros: co-workers and experiences gained
Cons: shifts were not flexible
daily meetings upon arrival and departure regarding the unit, how many inmates were on unit, what their needs were, who was on 1:, setting up groups for the day or afternoon. there was a small group of workers who worked at site we were close and there to lend a hand whenever needed.
great place to work
Outreach Counselor & Care Coordinator (Current Employee), Care coordinatorSeptember 16, 2014
Great work. Each day is increasingly productive. Each day felt like work made a difference in people's lives.
Well managed, stable organization
Psychotherapist: per diem (Current Employee), Springfield, MASeptember 6, 2014
Pay is low but management is thoughtful and caring. Work/Life balance needs improvement..
My day in the mental health field
RESIDENTAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Current Employee), 104 N. Blvd West Springfield Ma 01089July 27, 2014
There is no "typical" day in the mental health field. Each day brings its own challenges and rewards. I have learned to adapt to each situation as is needed to best serve the individuals in the residence. I do enjoy working toward a goal of independence for the individuals I serve and have the wonderful honor of seeing their triumph first hand. Several of the residents have made great strides since the day of my employment and some have moved on to their goal of independent living. The hardest part of the job is seeing someone struggle with addiction, increased symptoms or behavioral issues. Sometimes in this field, we can offer all the tools but ultimately the individual has to be ready. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the individual with mental health issues come out of their comfort zone and enjoy a better quality of life. I have great respect for my supervisor and have learned a great deal from him. We do have a great team and work hard to maintain a support system with each other.
Excellent Provider Agency
Residential Coordinator (Current Employee), Northampton, MAMay 13, 2014
Requires continuous flexibility, provides excellent support to all individuals served, demanding but rewarding, team oriented environment, learn many aspects of the position with time, supervisory experience recommended, should be willing to work hours extended beyond original set schedule to accomplish all tasks required for position.
good learning experience, supportive staff
Mental Health Clinician (Former Employee), Holyoke, MAApril 15, 2014
challenging job, but very supportive staff, good learning experience, nice facility
Productive work place that cares about its employees.
Human Services Provider Direct Care Relief Staff (Former Employee), Northampton, MAOctober 3, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing we are making a positive impact on our clients daily life.
Beware...
Receptionist (Former Employee), Springfield, MAAugust 27, 2013
Beware the position you apply for could change and/or disappear. Be sure to ask if the position you apply for will be available when you show up on the first day. Hope it doesn't happen to you but it's possible.
better off looking elsewhere
Care Coordinator (Current Employee), Springfield, MAMay 6, 2013
the culture is toxic and the worse you are to other people the better secure your job is. There is no room for improvement. management ignores everything that is going on and acts shocked when something comes to a head. One day you are the best the next you are being dragged into offices under investigation. HR does NOTHING for the employee, and are not required to be involved in anything that has to do with discipline or investigations. The area is dangerous and really, really, really draining. You never feel like you are doing any kind of good work because most of the time the people you are working with just do not care.
Horrible place to work!
N/A (Former Employee), MassachusettsApril 24, 2013
Pros: awesome clients.
Cons: one of the lower paying jobs compared to its competitors.
Absolute worse payroll department I've ever dealt with. Not much room for advancement, or real job security. Employees threatened when they attempted to join the union. Hours are not stable, stuck at work for over 24 hrs numerous times.
DIRECT CARE WORKER
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee), Northampton, MAJanuary 14, 2013
assist individuals with functions of daily living.

great clients, challenging management