BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SERVICES Employee Reviews

The helping of the clients was beneficial.
Human Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, NEJuly 9, 2017
I would arrive at work to figure out what battle I wanted to enter so I could make the client use his or her life skill in a positive way. Spent time personally with clients building trust but not falling into their lies.
Pros
Free meals and always something to eat.
Cons
No personal life.
Discriminating
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 12, 2017
They discriminate and are not diverse. This company is not supportive of me as an individual or as an employee and that is why I want to leave and join another company
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Health insurance not good
I was the Administrative Director for this community focused behavioral health care service
Administrative Director (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAMay 2, 2017
I overall the day to day operations of this service line which included all the long-term strategic planning, compliance to all governmental and regulatory requirements and worked with senior leaders, Board of Directors and community leaders. This was a very dynamic and high quality service and provided many different levels and type of care to the community.
Productive place to work.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAApril 23, 2017
BHS is a nonprofit organization that assist people with recovery from drugs and alcohol. People attend classes and have therapy sessions to help with their recovery.
Great if you like crazy people
Human Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Adel, GAApril 8, 2017
Worked part time as a human services tech. Went well until a resident at the group home I worked at pulled a gun and announced he was tired of the way things were going. We were allowed to discuss taking their meds or encourage it - only document when they didnt. Couldnt get a manager on the phone and when one did finally call back (I had locked myself in the office) I was advised not to call police because it was detrimental to the resident and that the manager would be here shortly. That was my last night.
Pros
Great for experience
Cons
dangerous, group homes not well lit, residents not watched
Compassionate
Human Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, NEMarch 6, 2017
My teammates and supervisors were very compassionate. I took a leave of absence with therapist approval to rectify some things in my personal life. Still have the ability to work there should I desire to.
Pros
Healthy enviroment to work in.
Cons
Short breaks, sometimes chaotic work environent.
good work place for a single person with no family and enjoys not know what you doing from day to day.
Mental Health management (Current Employee) –  Augusta, MEFebruary 21, 2017
Fast paced work with no consistant hours and days. Out of a 5 day work week I spend 4 out of 5 nights at home doing paperwork in my evenings and not being paid to do so.
Pros
Not sitting in a office daily
Cons
Paperwork after work with no pay
work shift vary
Human Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GADecember 1, 2016
job is great for those wanting to work varied hours if you are going to school. working with little or no supervision. great for those wanting to make a difference in helping those with personality disorders
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
job training
Great opportunity to help those in need
Counselor II (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 1, 2015
Complete Intake, assessment and treatment planing, Prepare for group/individual counseling, Provide clients with weekly drug test. Complete client and update client files. Management provide opportunity to work at your own pace. Great team work. Hardest part of the job was to realize that you can only do so much. The most enjoyable is the opportunity to make a difference.
Pros
The ability to meet different kinds of people.
Cons
Very stressfull.
Productive work place with many improvements coming its way
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CAJune 26, 2015
Daily tasks included filing medical information in appropriate charts, creating new medical charts, reminding clients of their appointments, driving and picking up clients in need of transportation. Very busy and productive through out the day.
Pros
Safe and clean workplace
Cons
scheduling program often broke down
BHS is an enjoyable place to work but Pay increase's are needed.
Counselor II (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CAApril 3, 2015
I assist the homeless in getting into Detox and/or Substance Abuse Treatment, do Screenings, Intakes, Assessments, Orientations, Treatment Plans, Counseling, Case Management, Facilitate Groups, Record Keeping, Client Education, Crisis Intervention, Referrals, and Consultations. Also do Community Assessment Service Center Assessments. I have learned different contracts such as: SAHMSA, SASCA, STOP, Drug Medi-Cal, AB109, PC1210, Cal Works, DCFS, First Five, General Relief, and Treatment in Housing. I belong to a team of hard working co-workers that assist, and support each other daily. The hardest part of the job is trying to help someone that does not want help. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the success stories at the end.
Work Environment unhealthy in Managment
AP/AR Coordinator- (Current Employee) –  Randolph,MAFebruary 11, 2015
Management is all family; so there is no room for outsiders in the company. Unhealthy because they want their employees to do cutbacks based on the family financial budget.
Well-managed medicaal center with excellent compensation and benefits
Director (Former Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJJuly 26, 2014
Directed Dept. of Behavioral health inpatient and outpatient services
Pros
Excellent facilities
Cons
No criticism
Great place to work, staff enthused about their job.
Instructor/Social Services Tech (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJune 15, 2014
BHS takes good care of their employees. They listen to what staff have to say and try hard to stay in constant communication with everyone no matter their position. Great benefits and fulfilling work.
Pros
full-time benefits
Cons
no breaks
I love this population
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 8, 2014
I like working residential you see progress everyday vs outpatient
Pros
no chance for advancement
Cons
very good benefits
Great Environment
Instructional Aide (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, GAMarch 18, 2014
There was much to be learned and expected from the clients with different abilities, capabilities, some disabilities, advantages and disadvantages. The clients are the best and are the best teachers. The clients rock. Hands down...
Pros
clients
Cons
getting paid monthly
I enjoyed my intern experience
Drug and Alcohol Intern (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAAugust 22, 2013
I learned a lot during my internship. I enjoyed working with the individuals I came in contact with at BHS.
Productive, Fun Place
Secretary I (Former Employee) –  Tifton, GAAugust 8, 2013
Helping those who were in a position were as they could not help themselves. I learned how to empathize with people who were dealing with addictions. That things that I once thought was a habit I learned that it was an illness. My co-workers for the most part were awesome. The hardest part of my job was witnessing the suffering of small children. When someone actually overcame their addiction
Pros
Monthly days off
Cons
Dealing with small children of addicts
professional, fun and supportive workplace
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAApril 9, 2013
My typical day at work was engaging with clients, provide counseling in both individual/group settings. I learned alot about criminal population and overseeing Prop 36 contract through and the Criminal Justice System. My co-workers were professional and great at providing excellent services to patients. The hardest part of my job with nothing. The most enjoyable part of my job was assisting patients with valuable information to maintain sobriety and attend termination of criminal charge upon successful completion of program.
Pros
nice work environment, great benefits and awesome treatment team
Cons
n/a
Professional work enviornment
Internship (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIMarch 12, 2013
Collected, organized and analyzed data related to patient satisfaction.
Completed patient follow up work by calling patients and asking questions concerning quality of care.
Scheduled patients on excel spreadsheet. administration work
Gave input for future strategic planning on better patient satisfaction.
Gained firm understanding of healthcare laws and practices, including HIPAA laws.
Pros
intepedent work
Cons
a lot of the same work