Behavioral Health Works, Inc. Employee Reviews

Not Enough Hours
Associate Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAAugust 28, 2017
Not enough hours given to be a productive worker. This is a good job for a student, but not a realistic career for someone trying to making a living. Highly disappointed.
September 5, 2017

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We're always looking for ways we can improve and your feedback is a key part of this. We would like to continue the conversation and learn more about your experience as well as what we can do to improve upon it. We’ll forward your message on to the right person and have an HR representative connect with you directly. Typically we’re able to reach out within 24 hours but if you need faster service please call (800) 249-1266.

Make a Difference and Love Where You Work
BCBA (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAAugust 19, 2017
I can honestly say without any reservations that this is the best place to work. If you want to make a difference for individuals affected by autism while working for a company that puts their employees and clients first then check out BHW. The company's culture and amazing staff is what sets BHW apart and allows BHW to be an industry leader in ABA services.
Good
Lead Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAJuly 26, 2017
It was a fun place to work for after getting my bachelor's. The company is run very well and there is a lot of flexibility in the shifts. I would recommend it to recent grads.
Great opportunity for entry level postions
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAJune 25, 2017
A typical day at work depends on the age of the child that one is working with and the behaviors that the child currently is struggling with. You are basically your own boss and rendering your sessions are how you get paid. You can choose your own hours but must be patient as sometimes the workload is heavier than other times. Again, this is a GREAT opportunity for someone to gain entrance into this field and BHW is an awesome company to work for.
Changed for the worse
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 18, 2017
This company has changed so much. They really did care about the clients and employees before but now its all about money. There is no room for growth in the office for admin staff. They claimed to promote from within but hardly ever do so. HR is very shady with their employees, you kindly put your 2 weeks notice for them to let you go on the spot. Stay away from this company! The 5 star reviews are from none other than the employees. Great quality of care? I dont think so! They pretty much hire anyone and throw them into the field with little to no experience. Families will complain about staff not having experience but BHW doesn't care. I'm telling you, its all about the money. The CEO got himself a new Tesla, good for him but at the cost of his employees not getting an annual raise. They are growing fast and giving clients terrible care! Stay away from this place as client and employee!
May 23, 2017

Dear Indeed Reviewer,

We are sorry to hear about your experience here at BHW. We strive to provide our staff with the best possible work environment and assist our staff to foster their growth within our organization. Although BHW is growing, we still believe deeply in our CARES philosophy and make sure that this is applied in all that we do across all locations. Due to the growth of our company, BHW has not only been able to provide more job opportunities for individuals in the communities we service, but we have also been able to promote individuals from within. We have also been able to touch more families and bring hope and opportunity into their lives, which is the core to our business.

In regards to training, BHW provides staff with in-depth training to assure that our employees are able to assist clients to the best of their ability. Our general BHW training consists, but is not limited to, video modules, written articles, role-playing, and interactive group activities. In addition, we provide clinical staff with "Early Start Denver Model" training to model how sessions with clients 3 yrs and younger should be conducted since their development and activity levels differ from older children. We also provide our clinical staff with Parent Consultation training so our new hires may gain exposure to what their job may entail as they advance to becoming Lead and Senior Behavioral Therapist. Our training helps future employees feel confident in what they are advocating for and becoming a supportive resource for our parents.

Thank you for your email and if you have any  more... further questions or concerns or would like inform us of your case to better improve our services please feel free to contact us at improvements@behavioralhealthworks.com.  less

no communication no one cares LA OFFICE NEEDS HELP
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 12, 2017
DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME DONT QUIT YOUR JOB FOR THIS PLACE!Supervisors are in and out just as much as the BT are. Ended 2016 with great sups they really cared and started 2017 brand new sups who just are not great, communication is extremely poor some do not even respond to you not to mention after parting ways because of poor scheduling LA office has already gone through their 4th scheduler. Sups and case managers dont even know you from the next BT on visits. Compensation for BT'S with a DEGREE is a dollar more than an individual with a High School diploma honestly the most insulting thing not only to people with a BA but the families. Families deserve the best meaning people with at least a BA. When you get hired by HR you are sold the dream about advancements and becoming full time it is a joke once you get a couple cases in the words of a sup who was finding a replacement upon my departure, " someone will replace her soon we have another cohort" people are in and out just like that, mind you she was speaking to an easter seals rep. TURNOVER RATE is horrible SUPS and BT'S. This place is a joke.
Pros
the kiddos
Cons
just about everything at LA region
May 19, 2017

Dear Indeed Reviewer,

Behavioral Health Works strives to minimize miscommunication by providing our staff with a variety of different communication outlets which include, but are not limited to, calendar events, email, video conferences, an improvements team, and constant reviews.

As for pay, Behavioral Health Works provides our staff with competitive pay and creates pay ranges based on a variety of different factors. These factors include, but are not limited to experience, utilized 2nd languages, education, etc.. BHW also provides staff with competitive pay and benefits.

We strive to provide our staff with the best work environment possible and believe your review will assist us in continuing to make BHW one of the Best Places to Work, according to Silicon Review. We realize that there is always room for improvement so we greatly appreciate your feedback and will be taking your review into serious consideration. If you have any further questions or concerns or would like inform us of your case to better improve our services please feel free to contact us at improvements@behavioralhealthworks.com.

Awful & Major Improvements Needed
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 11, 2017
You walk into the wonderful building in Anaheim and are stunned with the place. Do NOT let it fool you. Worked here as a BT. "Training" was on my own at home filing out a binder. It took about 3 months to get hours. Toy exchange/ toys supplied were terrible kids never bothered with them. I bought some myself. If anything good happened at this place, it was lucky to have great supervisors who taught me so much and seeing progress in your clients. People in the office are very stuck up and had horrible communication skills regarding job related things. If you reported anything to HR they sugar coated the situation and nothing got resolved. I do not recommend this place to anyone.
Pros
Kid's progress
Cons
No Advancement, Poor communication, No hours
May 19, 2017

Dear Indeed Reviewer,

We are sorry to hear about you experience here at BHW. Here at BHW, we strive to provide our staff with the best possible working conditions and assist our staff to foster their growth within our organization. Due to the dedication to our families and the quality of care we strive to provide, it is understandable that BHW positions may seem slightly intense for a few individuals. BHW provides staff with an in depth training in order to assure that our employees are able to assist clients to the best of their ability. Our general BHW training consists, but is not limited to, video modules, written articles, role-playing, and interactive group activities. In addition, we provide clinical staff with "Early Start Denver Model" training to model how sessions with clients 3 yrs and younger should be conducted since their development and activity levels differ from older children. We also provide our clinical staff with Parent Consultation training so our new hires may gain exposure to what their job may entail as they advance to becoming Lead and Senior Behavioral Therapist. Our training helps future employees feel confident in what they are advocating for and becoming a supportive resource for our parents. Here at BHW, we strive to provide our staff with the best support possible and are always looking for ways to make BHW one of the best companies to work with.

In regards to toys and resources, BHW encourages you to use the supplies and toys given to you by the company. Employees can swap toys if they feel they do not provide our clients with the best  more... session possible. Although, please keep in mind that these toys/items are to reinforce ABA skills and are to be used during session in their natural environment as part of our program.

In addition we understand that as a company grows there can be some miscommunication. We are currently assessing ways that we can minimize any miscommunication and have even emplaced certain protocols, such as monthly newsletters, virtual meetings, and even an improvements team, in order to eliminate this. If you have any further questions or concerns regarding our company and/or policies please feel free to contact us at improvements@behavioralhealthworks.com.

Worth it half of the time
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 17, 2017
The lack of communication from some (most) sups/managers and HR is terribly frustrating. As a BT you literally have no idea what is going on until it's happening. You feel indispensable until you get a mass email from a Sup telling you how important your work is and how hard you work, then you feel valued for 5 minutes. Can't stress enough the lack of communication, at least to the lower level employees. This also comes with people coming in and out of the company ALL the time.

Basically all toys you use are out of pocket, they give you starter ones and a bag but they're completely outdated "toys" that no kids are interested in
Pros
Watching clients progress, some incentives, some fellow BT/sup/managers are great, paid drive time, little supervision (unless needed)
Cons
Horrible management, often no communication, compensation doesn't match work, beg for hours
February 23, 2017

Dear Indeed Reviewer, Thank you providing us with your honest feedback. We do understand that communication can be a challenge, especially in this unique industry where the majority of our employees work remotely and do not regularly report to an office environment. Due to this, BHW has enhanced its communication methods to capitalize various channels of communication made available to its employees. Examples include but are not limited to office rallies, company-wide newsletters, BambooHR announcements, CentralReach messages, HOL Gala, and email notifications to name a few. We also encourage our staff like yourself to speak to their superiors and provide them with their feedback regarding how they can motivate and encourage you to continue growing within this industry, and ultimately within this company. In regards to toys and resources, BHW encourages employees to use the supplies and toys provided by the company. Employees can swap toys if they feel they do not provide clients with the best program implementation. Even so, please keep in mind that BHW focuses its programs using natural environments for the clients (such as the home), therefore, employees are encouraged to use what is available in the natural environment to reinforce ABA skills. If you have any further questions or concerns regarding our company and/or policies please feel free to contact us at improvements@behavioralhealthworks.com.

February 24, 2017

Dear Indeed Reviewer, Thank you providing us with your honest feedback. We do understand that at any company there can be some form of miscommunication and we can assure you that here, at BHW, we take measures to assure that this is minimized. BHW even has an improvements and compliance team in place, in order to resolve concerns, such as yours. In addition, as of the beginning of the year HR has now been split by region and each office now has their very own HR representative. A policy that was placed in order to avoid any delay in payroll and HR issues and to minimize any miscommunication in our company. In regards to our employees, BHW values each and every one of their employees and display it in a variety of different ways which include, but are not limited to, our employees of the month, our company-wide newsletters, our office rallies, and our HOL Gala. We also encourage our staff to speak to their superiors and provide them with your feedback regarding how they can motivate and encourage you to continue growing within this industry, and ultimately within this company. We also provide quarterly performance reviews and surveys in order to supplement this ideal. In regards to toys and resources, BHW encourages you to use the supplies and toys given to you by the company. Employees can swap toys if they feel they do not provide our clients with the best session possible. Although, please keep in mind that these toys/items are to reinforce ABA skills and are to be used during session in their natural environment as part of our program. If you have any further questions  more... or concerns regarding our company and/or policies please feel free to contact us.  less

February 27, 2017

Dear Indeed Reviewer, Thank you providing us with your honest feedback. We do understand that communication can be a challenge, especially in this unique industry where the majority of our employees work remotely and do not regularly report to an office environment. Due to this, BHW has enhanced its communication methods to capitalize various channels of communication made available to its employees. Examples include but are not limited to office rallies, company-wide newsletters, BambooHR announcements, CentralReach messages, HOL Gala, and email notifications to name a few. We also encourage our staff like yourself to speak to their superiors and provide them with their feedback regarding how they can motivate and encourage you to continue growing within this industry, and ultimately within this company. In regards to toys and resources, BHW encourages employees to use the supplies and toys provided by the company. Employees can swap toys if they feel they do not provide clients with the best program implementation. Even so, please keep in mind that BHW focuses its programs using natural environments for the clients (such as the home), therefore, employees are encouraged to use what is available in the natural environment to reinforce ABA skills. If you have any further questions or concerns regarding our company and/or policies please feel free to contact us.

Poor compensation and Benefits
Behavioral Therapist and Parent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAFebruary 8, 2017
Even though I successfully score 100% in my performance reviews, it does not lead to a raise or advancement. Most supervisors are great and you learn so much from them. Basically, all activities, toys, and games for the kids come out of our pocket. They provide barely anything for useful for the kids to play with.
Pros
flexible, great supervisors
Cons
management, poor compensation or advancement
February 21, 2017

:Dear Indeed Reviewer, We are sorry to hear about your experience here at BHW. We assure you that BHW strives to provide employees with opportunities of advancement. BHW makes an effort to promote from within, and it is for that reason that a career path has been crafted and due to the nature of our industry, there is a series of criteria that need to be meet in order to advance within the company and in the ABA field. This criteria includes but is not limited to education, experience, performance, etc. In addition, we provided employees with annual reviews in order to assess performance and provide feedback. These annual reviews are one of the various factors utilized in our decision making process when determining potential raises and promotions. If you have any questions regarding your annual review and/or potential promotion please feel free to contact your regional HR team. In regards to toys and resources, BHW encourages you to use the supplies and toys given to you by the company. Employees can swap toys if they feel they do not provide our clients with the best session possible. Although, please keep in mind that these toys/items are to reinforce ABA skills and are to be used during session in their natural environment as part of our program. If you have any further questions or concerns regarding our company and/or policies please feel free to contact us.

Needs improvement in employee training and compensation
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CADecember 23, 2016
Pros:
-Working with families
- Learned report writing
- Clinical Managers are willing to help when asked.
-Reliable immediate team members

Cons:
-Unreliable hours
- Compensation doesn't match with amount of work.
-HR staff is unreliable
Pros
reliable immediate team members
Cons
Compensation doesn't match with amount of work
January 4, 2017

Dear Indeed Reviewer,
We apologize for the negative experience you have had. Here at BHW we appreciate each and everyone of our employees and sincerely apologize to hear about your experience. In regards to compensation, we attempt to demonstrate our appreciation through holiday gifts, raises and competitive compensation packages, benefits to qualifying employees, employee of the month, Holiday Gala’s, etc In addition we strive to provide all employees with a balanced work and personal life even though the work hours in this industry are flexible. BHW and its Service team always strives to maximize the schedules of its employees and will continue to do so. AS for training, we thrive in providing our staff with both hands on experience and classroom training, making it a well rounded learning experience. But as you well know, we always have room for improvement. We will take this into account as we scale to our selected regions. If you have any further questions or concerns regarding our company and/or policies please feel free to contact us at improvements@behavioralhealthworks.com.

Good
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CADecember 1, 2016
They provide good compensation. Most of the therapist are really great to work with, and it is rewarding to know you helped be a part of helping a child excel.
Pros
Helping a child excel
Career that is Rewarding and Challenging
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CANovember 13, 2016
I would describe my experience with BHW as a career that is rewarding and challenging at the same time. The great relationship you build with the families as well as the incredible work of the supervisors who are always more than happy to assist in any areas that an employee might be struggling with.
I Felt Supported...
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Compton, CANovember 13, 2016
I felt supported by the group of team that I worked during my sessions. Communication through email and getting a hold of the supervisors was always on time and professional. I received feedback from the supervisor and compliment for performing a good job with the kiddos.
A place where we help families and learn valuable information along the way
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CANovember 13, 2016
A place where we help families and learn valuable information along the way.

- Great staff
- Well organized
- Great communication
- Takes care of employees
- Tools available when needed
...Eye-Opening and Extremely Rewarding
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 13, 2016
BHW provided an environment in which I could be trained and continue to learn about this field. BHW provided a great team setup that made it easy to trouble-shoot any issues and bounce ideas regarding client programs.
A fun and rewarding way to gain experience in this field
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  NorCalNovember 13, 2016
A fun and rewarding way to gain experience in this field.
Travel is close to home.
Visits from supervisors provided support.
I felt trusted as an employee.
Hopeful
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  NorCalNovember 13, 2016
Great staff, hands on training, ability to call people and get answers, overlap, food at the end of hands on training. Employee of the month. My former sups... BambooHR (website)
Great Work Environment and Flexible
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  NorCalNovember 13, 2016
Great work environment and flexible. Independence and flexibility in making my own schedule. Clinical Manager available to help with difficult cases.
Great work experience, mentorship, and flexibility
Clinical Management (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 1, 2016
I have been working at BHW for over a year. I have read the reviews on this site and, while some of them make valid points (e.g., we are growing and, like all growing agencies, we are learning), some of the reviews seem incongruent with what I've seen here. Perhaps this is due to there being different types of issues within each region.

Either way, what I have seen across the board is, if you have a good attitude, can be flexible and adaptable to change, you go far here. Everyone that has had a good attitude, attained the needed credentials, and displayed leadership skills has been promoted. I haven't seen the promotion of family members that has been mentioned in some of the reviews. There are some family members of Dr. Douk that work here but they've had the same jobs that they had at the start, some of them wearing multiple hats so that might be where the confusion comes from with all of that. All of those same family members also started the company with Dr. Douk and were BTs themselves, providing services and fulfilling administrative duties in their spare time.

I have been in the field a long time and have worked for various ABA agencies, large and small. I've watched as new laws passed, insurance coverages changed, and self-advocacy of ASD individuals began to blossom. I have friends and loved ones that receive ABA services and the quality of care that my employer provides matters to me. I've had ABA service providers in my home that did not meet my expectations for quality and I know how hopeless that can feel. I work with upper management, case supervisors,
  more... and BTs here. I also work with the various admin professionals. The moment I mention that a change might have an effect on the quality of care that we provide to our families, it is re-evaluated and often times, we change our strategy.

There are business moves that need to be made, even in an ABA agency. I have worked for agencies that did not understand why those types of moves might be beneficial and, in the end, those agencies did not flourish. I think a balanced mix of business acumen and quality service is what this field needs and I understand there will be bumps along the way. What's important to me is that BHW provides quality care and continues to improve and take feedback. I believe in my CEO, I can access him, and I understand what he is trying to do here. I have not been able to say that about any other ABA agency I've worked for.
Pros
Culture, Ceo, passionate and dedicated staff across departments
Cons
We are always working on improving communication and training!
HR-led work place
NA (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 4, 2016
If you have read the book Big brother, this is a company you should avoid because they monitor everything you do. This company is led by the HR department and the clinical team have no say in anything. HR is unprofessional and will go back on their word anytime and will hire anyone to fill in huge vacancies. The company looks beautiful on the outside, however, this company has no care for clients only cares for more clients and disregards quality for quantity. This business model where it's led by a "business minded person" for a humanistic field will not last long. Good luck.
Pros
Looks pretty on the outside. Great clinical team.
Cons
Low wages, company led by HR, and they monitor your phone/computer
October 12, 2016

Dear Indeed Reviewer,
Thank you for your review, we greatly​ appreciate your feedback. We sincerely apologize for your experience here at BHW. We have taken your feedback into consideration as we are always striving to do what is best for our employees and clients. Here at BHW, we strive to hire the most qualified individuals for each position in efforts to provide our families with the best quality of care. We also want to provide employees with competitive pay and lay out a career pathway to assist employees in their future endeavors. We do understand that as we grow, we will always have room for improvements and to continuously get better at what we do on the front lines and behind the scenes. Because of this, we have launched a compliance team to assist us in becoming the best ABA company we can be. But if there's any additional insight or suggestions that we can consider for improvement, please don't hesitate to email us at partnership@bhwcares.com. Once again thank you for your feedback.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Behavioral Health Works, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Behavioral Health Works, Inc. Reviews by Location