Behavioral Health of the Palm Beaches Employee Reviews

A learning experience
Resident Manage (Former Employee), Lake Worth, FlAugust 19, 2015
It was really great helping people. I learned alot about how to deal with different situations. All of my co-workers were truly amazing people.
Worst place to work ever
Clinical Assessment Coordinator (Former Employee), Lake Worth RCMJuly 29, 2015
Pros: nice co-workers
Cons: horrible management
Hello I am a doctor who use to work for BHOPB. I honestly can not say that I have ever worked for a company worse then BHOPB. After serving in the military for 10 years and being deployed around the world, I have never been treated worse then how I was treated at BHOPB. These people treat their employees like animals that are expendable. They makeup ridiculous lies to fire people, and only promote those who are having intimate relationships with owners of the company and those who knows how to harass employes. A typical day at work is awesome if you only have to deal with patients. I learned that managers can be evil and nasty. Co-workers are awesome. No one loves working at BHOPB, everyone is there cause of a paycheck. The hardest part of the job is staying away from deceitful managers.
some great co workers, horrible management
clinical bht (Former Employee), lake worthJuly 17, 2015
Pros: great co workers
Cons: no breaks, no free lunch, no training
Bhop in my eyes would now fall under the same category as the watershed. Great place to get experience very poor decision for the long term. Every aspect has shifted from proper training of staff and patient care to least expensive way to operate while charging the most for everything.
It's all about that money
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee), Singer Island, FLJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Great coworkers
Cons: No breaks, no parking, small raises, no job satisfaction
I work at the executive wellness retreat, which is not a rehab. Patients direct their care, due to amount of money they pay, and the administration does whatever the patient wants. It is an unfortunate situatuon for staff who actually are in this job to help people, and a disservice for the patients recovery. We offer a non 12 step program which means the patients do whatever they want. Our entire day is spent getting the patients whatever they want, the word no does not exists. They are promised certain things in admissions and we have to oblige. Basically no room for advancement unless you know someone in corporate . The harder you work, the more frustrated you will become. Others who do little work will not be reprimanded. You cannot park on property, and have to wait to be transported, which can feel like a hostage situation if someone is not available.
Don't care for it
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee), Lake Park, FLJune 5, 2015
There was no room for growth at this company. The management sucked. There was no job security and it is all about money with them.
Good start for treatment care training
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee), Lake Worth, FLMay 31, 2015
Pros: Somewhat fast pace. Time goes by fast.
Cons: Communication and considerations are not always the best between management and staff.
The job is pretty much what you make it. The shifts go by fast due to there is always something to do. Looking out for the patient's needs as well as assisting the medical staff. Assignments can become monotonous at times but not usually dull. You're always on you toes. The best part of the job is interacting and helping the patients. Many are very interesting people.
Pure GREED!!!
contract therapist (Former Employee), palm beachMay 13, 2015
Pros: nice patient facilities, good therapists and BHTs
Cons: Corrupt management, no job security, no employee support or appreciation
BHOP has some really good employees but they don't stay long! Owners and management are greedy and only concerned with making money. Workload and documentation are excessive which is why people do not stay there. There is no employee appreciation and NO job security. Management is corrupt.
Ok place to work
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee), Women's CenterApril 17, 2015
Pros: Decent pay and hours.
Cons: Department heads (i.e. Culinary Director)
Ok place to work as long as you're not in the Culinary department. The Culinary Director shows major favoritism. He does not care if you have family issues and constantly looks for reasons to berade you no matter how good you are. The people you work with are great, the person you work for will make you crazy. Also good luck trying to get the HR department to do anything about him.
Okay place to work,but quick to fire you!
Behavioral Health Tech (Former Employee), Florida, NorthlakeJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: the pay was good working overnight
Cons: no breaks, make you stay outside all night even when its cold
This place is okay to work at,but they are quick to fire you if you not kissing they a*$# especially when it comes to the supervisors or HR office. My experience I would always come to work on time and do what I gotta do, but other people and supervisor was not having it cause I was not kissing their butt's. Until some of them plotted to get me fired claiming I was sleeping not doing my work (which was not true) since I worked overnight. One of the nurse reported it to HR they end up terminating me and didn't let me share my side of my story. Oh yeah they have favoritism, so be careful who you work with!!!
productive and educational
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee), lakeworth,flJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: meals are reasonable
Cons: heathcare
very enjoyable job overall, very gratifying. It enables you to interact with clients who are in need of support and comfort.
for profit center
Operations Director (Former Employee), Lake Worth, FLNovember 20, 2014
large faclity
still growing into themselves
many specific groups
N/A
Behavior Health Technician Teamleader (Former Employee), Lake Worth, FLOctober 15, 2014
Ensure safety of Patients, give daily assignments, Customer Service, give daily reports, and chart audits
Fun, productive place to work for
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Lake Worth, FLSeptember 23, 2014
It can be an overwhelming day as much as a challenging and fun day. I learn every day working there. Different patienst with different problems. The hardest part of the job is to convince patient to stay and complete their detox . The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing my patients leaving the place clean and sober.
This company lied to me in my face about future employment
Counselor (Former Employee), west palm beachJuly 23, 2014
I've never felt so stupid and disappointed after being told one day that "I'm practically hired and that the human resources department will be contacting me" to " We've decided to hire someone else". I made a sacrifice and took a risk trying to gain employment from them that cost me the opportunity to provide for me family. I regret I ever had contact with them. I will pray for their staff and organization. I will not give up on my future and will continue to seek employment.
Interacting with the patients is the best part of my job
Clinical Tech (Current Employee), Lake Worth, FLMay 31, 2014
Pros: the successes and appreciation of the patients
Cons: feeling underappreciated by management
Check on the patients and make sure they are safe and attending groups as instructed, as well as complying with guidelines. Being an ear for the patients when they need to talk and share about what might be bothering them. Running groups as needed as well as transporting patients as necessary.
What I have learned is that the patients are just damaged people who have learned to fill their pain with mind altering substances, and many of them respond well to those that they know care about them.
I have found that many of my co-workers are there because they care about the patients and want to make a difference as I do, but there are also those that are there just seeming to take up space.
The most difficult part of my job is when a patient comes in and fights the process and chooses to never change their mindset. They resist any help offered and end up giving in to their addiction and leaving soon after arrival without giving anybody a chance to help them.
The most enjoyable part of my job is when I can see the difference in the patient after they have been there for a week or so and the hardness in their face changes to a softer look. I watch as they start to become feeling people again. I also feel good when I know that I have done something to help make that difference for them, but whether I have done something or not, I still enjoy watching that change come over them. And then, when I go up to them weeks later and tell them how far I've seen them come, I watch their faces light up, which totally warms my heart. In addition, many of the patients come to tell me how much I have helped them and how I am one of their favorite people there, and that makes it all worthwhile to me.
So unorganized and treat employee's bad!!
Behavioral Health Tech (Current Employee), Lake Worth, FLApril 17, 2014
This company is so unorganization!! They have people in charge that don't know what they're doing! There is so much lack of communication between departments, sometimes no expected lunch breaks although it's docked from your pay, expected overtime and they think you should put the company before your families....you have a lot of inner-work relationships and favoritism and you only get anywhere depending on who you know and what click you're part of. Unfortunately the patients pick up on everything that's going on and it adds stress to their recovery. I made a lot of friends and loved working with the patients but what you have to put up with, with bad management and they don't care about you. It's not worth the job!!
Productive and enjoyable workplace
COMMUNITY LIASON, DETOX STAFF AND INTAKE RN (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLApril 8, 2014
Pros: suppotive and knowlegeable supervisory and supportive staff
Cons: rns not integrated into treatment team as much as we would hav preferred
Many of the nurses were dedicated to the care of our patients and compassionate to their addictive disease, but some as out in society judged our patients and that was difficult for the rest of us and created some conflicts among staff. there was a team meeting every morning but only either the DON or the Assitant DON would attend and the regular nursing staff were distant from the treatment plan and specific non medical issues of each patient from the team perspective. RNs performed all new intakes, administered all medications, performed all medical monitoring, interacted with clients when they were not in groups or with their therapists and assisted the psych techs with safety monitoring every 15 minutes, 30 minutes or 1 hour as prescribed by MD as well as reporting to MD, receiving orders, ordering meds and documentation on each patient, each shift. My supervisors were great to work for, knowledgeable, excellent resources and our Medical Director was vastly experienced and an excellent teacher. I found the work at BHOP extremely gratifying personally and professionally
Beware do not work here
Substance Abuse Therapist (Former Employee), Lake Worth, FLMarch 9, 2014
Cons: everything
Unethical treatment of patients, they hold patients there too long use all there benefits and send them home. No continum of care for patients. This company lacks values, organization and competence. This company had incompant and unquailified people in management. Very toxic environment with very mental sick people (not referring to the patients). This company makes staff work long hours with no compensation and mandatory training a on the weekend.
Amazing company with great staff
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee), Lake Worth, FLDecember 8, 2013
This company has grown so much since I first started. This is a wonderful place to work and I grew and learned so much every time I came to work there.
Former RN--Do not work here
RN (Former Employee), 509 and detoxDecember 3, 2013
Cons: long hours, no breaks, few benefits, no job security.
When I worked there in 2010, the place was crazy. Management showed favoritism that was unbelievable. You were expected to work long hours without pay and if you asked for pay you were let go "because you didn't fit into the organization." There were no policies and procedures. I don't know if there are any now. You could be sitting there one day, receive a call from HR and be told you are not working out without any warning--no write up, no evaluation, nothing. Funny thing about it, your boss probably won't even know. The owner of the company may not know. Someone in HR may get a hair up their butt and decide to shake things up.

If you suspected someone relapsed and census was low and you brought it to someone's attention, you will be the one that is wrong. The client is always right, even if they are an addict attempting to manipulate. Money rules in this company, even if it puts lives at risk.

If you want job security, this is not the place to go to work. Not even if it is your last stop. They could not pay me enough to go back.