Behavioral Health of the Palm Beaches Employee Reviews in United States

LPN (Current Employee) –  North Palm Beach, FLMay 3, 2016
This is a great place to work. Excellent opportunities for advancement. Intelligent and ethical management. Company was very accommodating of my desire to work nights and weekends.
amazzinngg!
Medical Records Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLMarch 2, 2016
I work in the medical records office. I love every moment of work and actually enjoy waking up each day. This office is a home environment with hard core ethics and work flow. This is a fast moving high flow office that gets many project done each day.
Pros
Family setting Medical records office is hands down the best department
Cons
Pay
As a Clinicial Assessment Coordinator at Recovery Center for Men, fun and easy going.
Clinical Case Manager/Assessment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLOctober 30, 2015
After being switched to a Clinical Case Manager at (Recovery Center for Women.) The staff was underpaid, understaffed and overworked. Honestly, Yes I learned a lot, how not to trust management and follow my gut instinct. Which is always, always let the other one sink and don't get involved. Due to understaffing and overworking no one cared about your home life. Don't get me started on Management. Management will sell you a lot of dreams and then push you out the door especially if you're a (BLACK) employee. Unless you are sleeping with the owner's son or best friends or relatives of the Department Heads than you will be employed a very long time at BHOPB. Even if you do not have a degree nor the experience. Just way to much (Favoritism and Nepotism) shown in this place and very Discriminative to black employees and patients. I even noticed the clientele. At RCM very few black men were being admitted for treatment, then I noticed an influx were being admitted, in which many were very intimidated by their behavior/actions. In-Which their behavior weren't as bad as others of different race. I enjoyed working with my co-workers at RCM. At RCW coming into work daily, knowing that patients were going to be treated unfairly, due to poor staffing and help. At RCW you couldn't build a relationship, because you were always to busy or your co-workers were the one's making you life miserable, by using the patient's as ways to get you fired. Way to much deceit and intent to remove people from the job, instead of focusing more on the needs of the Client Care. Nothing exciting about that,  more... wouldn't you say?  less
Pros
Flexibility with outside appointments
Cons
Understaffed, Overworked, No-One seems to care about quality of work.
love helping people
behavioral heath tech (Former Employee) –  lake worth flOctober 2, 2015
great co workers amazing management and a learning experience per day. Every day a new experience . Very rewarding and a lot of gratitude.
Pros
alot of love
Cons
too hot to be outside
I have been treated well
Charge Nurse LPN (Current Employee) –  North Palm Beach, FLSeptember 1, 2015
no complaints about company, they have treated me very well. the pay rate matching with job is equal. The job is not difficult and the clients treat you with respect.
A learning experience
Resident Manage (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FlAugust 19, 2015
It was really great helping people. I learned alot about how to deal with different situations. All of my co-workers were truly amazing people.
Worst place to work ever
Clinical Assessment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth RCMJuly 29, 2015
Hello I am a doctor who use to work for BHOPB. I honestly can not say that I have ever worked for a company worse then BHOPB. After serving in the military for 10 years and being deployed around the world, I have never been treated worse then how I was treated at BHOPB. These people treat their employees like animals that are expendable. They makeup ridiculous lies to fire people, and only promote those who are having intimate relationships with owners of the company and those who knows how to harass employes. A typical day at work is awesome if you only have to deal with patients. I learned that managers can be evil and nasty. Co-workers are awesome. No one loves working at BHOPB, everyone is there cause of a paycheck. The hardest part of the job is staying away from deceitful managers.
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
horrible management
some great co workers, horrible management
clinical bht (Former Employee) –  lake worthJuly 17, 2015
Bhop in my eyes would now fall under the same category as the watershed. Great place to get experience very poor decision for the long term. Every aspect has shifted from proper training of staff and patient care to least expensive way to operate while charging the most for everything.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
no breaks, no free lunch, no training
It's all about that money
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Singer Island, FLJuly 17, 2015
I work at the executive wellness retreat, which is not a rehab. Patients direct their care, due to amount of money they pay, and the administration does whatever the patient wants. It is an unfortunate situatuon for staff who actually are in this job to help people, and a disservice for the patients recovery. We offer a non 12 step program which means the patients do whatever they want. Our entire day is spent getting the patients whatever they want, the word no does not exists. They are promised certain things in admissions and we have to oblige. Basically no room for advancement unless you know someone in corporate . The harder you work, the more frustrated you will become. Others who do little work will not be reprimanded. You cannot park on property, and have to wait to be transported, which can feel like a hostage situation if someone is not available.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
No breaks, no parking, small raises, no job satisfaction
Don't care for it
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Lake Park, FLJune 5, 2015
There was no room for growth at this company. The management sucked. There was no job security and it is all about money with them.
Good start for treatment care training
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLMay 31, 2015
The job is pretty much what you make it. The shifts go by fast due to there is always something to do. Looking out for the patient's needs as well as assisting the medical staff. Assignments can become monotonous at times but not usually dull. You're always on you toes. The best part of the job is interacting and helping the patients. Many are very interesting people.
Pros
Somewhat fast pace. Time goes by fast.
Cons
Communication and considerations are not always the best between management and staff.
Pure GREED!!!
contract therapist (Former Employee) –  palm beachMay 13, 2015
BHOP has some really good employees but they don't stay long! Owners and management are greedy and only concerned with making money. Workload and documentation are excessive which is why people do not stay there. There is no employee appreciation and NO job security. Management is corrupt.
Pros
nice patient facilities, good therapists and BHTs
Cons
Corrupt management, no job security, no employee support or appreciation
Ok place to work
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Women's CenterApril 17, 2015
Ok place to work as long as you're not in the Culinary department. The Culinary Director shows major favoritism. He does not care if you have family issues and constantly looks for reasons to berade you no matter how good you are. The people you work with are great, the person you work for will make you crazy. Also good luck trying to get the HR department to do anything about him.
Pros
Decent pay and hours.
Cons
Department heads (i.e. Culinary Director)
Okay place to work,but quick to fire you!
Behavioral Health Tech (Former Employee) –  Florida, NorthlakeJanuary 26, 2015
This place is okay to work at,but they are quick to fire you if you not kissing they a*$# especially when it comes to the supervisors or HR office. My experience I would always come to work on time and do what I gotta do, but other people and supervisor was not having it cause I was not kissing their butt's. Until some of them plotted to get me fired claiming I was sleeping not doing my work (which was not true) since I worked overnight. One of the nurse reported it to HR they end up terminating me and didn't let me share my side of my story. Oh yeah they have favoritism, so be careful who you work with!!!
Pros
the pay was good working overnight
Cons
no breaks, make you stay outside all night even when its cold
productive and educational
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  lakeworth,flJanuary 22, 2015
very enjoyable job overall, very gratifying. It enables you to interact with clients who are in need of support and comfort.
Pros
meals are reasonable
Cons
heathcare
for profit center
Operations Director (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLNovember 20, 2014
large faclity
still growing into themselves
many specific groups
N/a
Behavior Health Technician Teamleader (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLOctober 15, 2014
Ensure safety of Patients, give daily assignments, Customer Service, give daily reports, and chart audits
Fun, productive place to work for
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLSeptember 23, 2014
It can be an overwhelming day as much as a challenging and fun day. I learn every day working there. Different patienst with different problems. The hardest part of the job is to convince patient to stay and complete their detox . The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing my patients leaving the place clean and sober.
This company lied to me in my face about future employment
Counselor (Former Employee) –  west palm beachJuly 23, 2014
I've never felt so stupid and disappointed after being told one day that "I'm practically hired and that the human resources department will be contacting me" to " We've decided to hire someone else". I made a sacrifice and took a risk trying to gain employment from them that cost me the opportunity to provide for me family. I regret I ever had contact with them. I will pray for their staff and organization. I will not give up on my future and will continue to seek employment.
Interacting with the patients is the best part of my job
Clinical Tech (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLMay 31, 2014
Check on the patients and make sure they are safe and attending groups as instructed, as well as complying with guidelines. Being an ear for the patients when they need to talk and share about what might be bothering them. Running groups as needed as well as transporting patients as necessary.
What I have learned is that the patients are just damaged people who have learned to fill their pain with mind altering substances, and many of them respond well to those that they know care about them.
I have found that many of my co-workers are there because they care about the patients and want to make a difference as I do, but there are also those that are there just seeming to take up space.
The most difficult part of my job is when a patient comes in and fights the process and chooses to never change their mindset. They resist any help offered and end up giving in to their addiction and leaving soon after arrival without giving anybody a chance to help them.
The most enjoyable part of my job is when I can see the difference in the patient after they have been there for a week or so and the hardness in their face changes to a softer look. I watch as they start to become feeling people again. I also feel good when I know that I have done something to help make that difference for them, but whether I have done something or not, I still enjoy watching that change come over them. And then, when I go up to them weeks later and tell them how far I've seen them come, I watch their faces light up, which totally warms my heart. In addition, many of the patients come to tell me how much I have
  more... helped them and how I am one of their favorite people there, and that makes it all worthwhile to me.  less
Pros
the successes and appreciation of the patients
Cons
feeling underappreciated by management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Behavioral Health of the Palm Beaches. Our community is ready to answer.