Behavioral Health of the Palm Beaches Employee Reviews

Great co-workers horrible management
Various Positions (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLMay 19, 2017
The co-workers and working with patients is amazing and fulfilling. Training has become non-existent. The company was an unbelievable place to work, but recently has been on the downswing with major layoffs across all departments. This has led to sacrificing the safety of the patients for money. Executive management only cares about the money and their own reputations. Very manipulative and politic driven place. All the good and minority directors were laid off or quit because they refused to conform and sacrifice safety. Very sad because the heart and soul. The co workers is great. They just seemed to have lost their way in management due to the manipulations of a few who want to control the narrative.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Lay offs, lack of safety, no advancement.
Treats it's employees fairly in an industry that often doesnt
ADMISSIONS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  North Palm Beach, FLMay 8, 2017
Good comrederie and teamwork. Management is spotty overall, though in the most recent department it was excellent. The company and the industry is in transition right now, though, making things rather chaotic and affecting morale.
Pros
Fair treatment of employees
Cons
Can be stressful, however that is consistent throughout the industry.
Detox Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLMay 8, 2017
The culture at Behavioral Health is a group of very caring and competent nurses.The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing patients progress and improve
Na
Director CBO - Revenue Cycle Management (Current Employee) –  North Palm Beach, FLApril 3, 2017
Behavioral Health of the Palm Beaches is one of the nation's leading behavioral health care organizations. Located in South Florida most of the locations located in Palm Beach County.
Rewarding.Great place to work.
Clinical Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLApril 1, 2017
A typical work night would be providing excellent customer service to our clients at their time of arrival to our facility.very productive atmosphere on a daily basis.

I learned structure and time management skills while on the job.

The workplace culture is diverse in age,race,religion with our staff and clients.

The hardest part of the job is sometimes forming emotional attachment while giving moral support.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing lives being transformed to positive futures.
Pros
Emotional Attachments.
Cons
Some of our clients have to return to us for relapse issues.
Rewarding Work
Administrative Coordinator/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  North Palm Beach, FLFebruary 26, 2017
I enjoyed helping people during their recovery process. It was very rewarding. Management depended on rumor to keep employees informed about policy/departmental changes. Communication was very poor.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
lack of communication
15 years of providing excellent care to patients.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 7, 2017
Excellent employer, luxurious facility, high quality care of medical treatment for substance abuse, eating disorders, and mental health. Dedicated staff that makes a difference.
Productive place to work
Substance Abuse Intern (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 31, 2017
Great place to learn clinical practice, and fun place to work within the substance abuse population. The staff members are very pleasant. I would recommend others to work there.
Not a good place to work
N/A (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLDecember 28, 2016
Very unorganized, super high turnover rate, depending on who you know is how you are treated. No steady way of doing things. No training, unprofessional at its finest. 90% of employees were once patients. I would not recommend this job to anyone
Pros
Cons
You name it
Very nice company
Housekeeper, Maid (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 26, 2016
It's a great company to work for pay very well it offers you great benefits but the medical benefits are very high pay for lunch which is good I'm grateful patients are very happy it's a great company
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Insurance to high
Poor Internship experience
Intern Mental Health (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLNovember 5, 2016
I interned at BHOP in the mental health field. Quite honestly, it was a terrible experience. It was disorganized, boring, interns training other interns. Executive staff was rude and disrespectful. I really can't think of much positive about it, other than the psychologist who was overseeing education and research. He was the exception.
Pros
It was close to home
Cons
You name it
LPN (Current Employee) –  North Palm Beach, FLMay 3, 2016
This is a great place to work. Excellent opportunities for advancement. Intelligent and ethical management. Company was very accommodating of my desire to work nights and weekends.
amazzinngg!
Medical Records Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLMarch 2, 2016
I work in the medical records office. I love every moment of work and actually enjoy waking up each day. This office is a home environment with hard core ethics and work flow. This is a fast moving high flow office that gets many project done each day.
Pros
Family setting Medical records office is hands down the best department
Cons
Pay
Guest Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLJanuary 26, 2016
Need more protocols in place.Too many changes and too many chiefs. Overall it was a good company that just needs a little help
As a Clinicial Assessment Coordinator at Recovery Center for Men, fun and easy going.
Clinical Case Manager/Assessment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLOctober 30, 2015
After being switched to a Clinical Case Manager at (Recovery Center for Women.) The staff was underpaid, understaffed and overworked. Honestly, Yes I learned a lot, how not to trust management and follow my gut instinct. Which is always, always let the other one sink and don't get involved. Due to understaffing and overworking no one cared about your home life. Don't get me started on Management. Management will sell you a lot of dreams and then push you out the door especially if you're a (BLACK) employee. Unless you are sleeping with the owner's son or best friends or relatives of the Department Heads than you will be employed a very long time at BHOPB. Even if you do not have a degree nor the experience. Just way to much (Favoritism and Nepotism) shown in this place and very Discriminative to black employees and patients. I even noticed the clientele. At RCM very few black men were being admitted for treatment, then I noticed an influx were being admitted, in which many were very intimidated by their behavior/actions. In-Which their behavior weren't as bad as others of different race. I enjoyed working with my co-workers at RCM. At RCW coming into work daily, knowing that patients were going to be treated unfairly, due to poor staffing and help. At RCW you couldn't build a relationship, because you were always to busy or your co-workers were the one's making you life miserable, by using the patient's as ways to get you fired. Way to much deceit and intent to remove people from the job, instead of focusing more on the needs of the Client Care. Nothing exciting about that,  more... wouldn't you say?  less
Pros
Flexibility with outside appointments
Cons
Understaffed, Overworked, No-One seems to care about quality of work.
love helping people
behavioral heath tech (Former Employee) –  lake worth flOctober 2, 2015
great co workers amazing management and a learning experience per day. Every day a new experience . Very rewarding and a lot of gratitude.
Pros
alot of love
Cons
too hot to be outside
I have been treated well
Charge Nurse LPN (Current Employee) –  North Palm Beach, FLSeptember 1, 2015
no complaints about company, they have treated me very well. the pay rate matching with job is equal. The job is not difficult and the clients treat you with respect.
A learning experience
Resident Manage (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FlAugust 19, 2015
It was really great helping people. I learned alot about how to deal with different situations. All of my co-workers were truly amazing people.
Worst place to work ever
Clinical Assessment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth RCMJuly 29, 2015
Hello I am a doctor who use to work for BHOPB. I honestly can not say that I have ever worked for a company worse then BHOPB. After serving in the military for 10 years and being deployed around the world, I have never been treated worse then how I was treated at BHOPB. These people treat their employees like animals that are expendable. They makeup ridiculous lies to fire people, and only promote those who are having intimate relationships with owners of the company and those who knows how to harass employes. A typical day at work is awesome if you only have to deal with patients. I learned that managers can be evil and nasty. Co-workers are awesome. No one loves working at BHOPB, everyone is there cause of a paycheck. The hardest part of the job is staying away from deceitful managers.
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
horrible management
some great co workers, horrible management
clinical bht (Former Employee) –  lake worthJuly 17, 2015
Bhop in my eyes would now fall under the same category as the watershed. Great place to get experience very poor decision for the long term. Every aspect has shifted from proper training of staff and patient care to least expensive way to operate while charging the most for everything.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
no breaks, no free lunch, no training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Behavioral Health of the Palm Beaches. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8