Behavioral Health

Behavioral Health Employer Reviews

Fast Growing Opportunities
Customer Service (Former Employee), Irving, TXJuly 8, 2014
Pros: free gym, luncheons, growing opportunities within
Cons: not enough training, need proper coaching
A typical workday for me, working with behavioral health physicians, and patients. Verifying EOB's to physicians, sending physician list to patients and physicians,and filing claims.

I've learn to always pay attention to details, be a good listener, and never take an opportunity given for granted.

Management was very helpful and always made changes – more... within the company.

The hardest part was leaving the job, due to assignment ending.

The most enjoyable part is helping the patient getting everything their needing. – less
Interesting and challenging place to work.
Program Manager (Former Employee), Glen Burnie, MDJuly 6, 2014
Pros: paid training, paid travel, excellent compensation
Cons: hectic schedule, quick deadlines, many meetings
I enjoyed my six years with Johns Hopkins and gained a great deal of knowledge and new skills.
loved my coworkers and this population of patients
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Kokomo, INJuly 3, 2014
Pros: overtime available
Cons: got cancelled over the holidays
great working atmosphere, can really count on your co-workers
Great Learning Experience
Technician (Former Employee), MOApril 14, 2014
Pros: free lunch, great work environment, opportunities for promotions
Cons: inconsistent scheduling at times
Typical Day: Daily accounted for clients to ensure safety and daily treatment attendance
- Documented client behaviors & reported abnormal, potentially dangerous, and any client who my have needed medical attention
- Distributed prescribed medications at scheduled times
What I learned: I was able to gain experience working with clients who suffered – more... from substance abuse and had the opportunity to assist federal inmates to re-enter society. It helped me to be apart of a very important transition in all of the client's lives.
Management: My supervisor was amazing, very accommodating, and approachable.
Co-Workers: My co-workers were an amazing and tight-knitted crew. Everyone communicated well, everyone was willing to assist each other without any delay
Obstacles: Everyday was unpredictable. Everyday we came across new clients with different personalities, backgrounds, and issues. At times, the job became very dangerous and overwhelming.
Positive Feedback: It was truly a blessing being able to be apart of so many people's lives and to help them to the road to recovery. I made it my goal to touch the life of someone in need of help. – less
This is where I "cut my teeth" in the field of mental health counseling
Drug and Alcohol Counselor/ Instructor (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMarch 10, 2014
Pros: working with a caring staff, as well as those working to create positive change in their lives.
Cons: inconsistent hours
I had a wonderful experience working for/with this agency. The staff was genuine in their care and concern for those coming into the treatment program.
This is a great company
counselor (Current Employee), Long BeachNovember 29, 2013
Working with this company was great!!! I was most impressed with the family oriented feel that you receive from other coworkers.
wonderful experience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), miami beach,flOctober 9, 2013
Pros: helping others
Cons: lack of opportunity for advancement
I have learned about Psychiatry and mental health disorders.
Typical day at work includes behavioral health assessment, medication administration, restraints, internal and external transfers. Hardest part of the job is dealing with aggressive patients. the most enjoyable was helping others. Great management, great co workers.
It was a pleasure to assist with the healthcare needs of patients.
Coordinator (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCOctober 6, 2013
Serve customer with referrals and scheduling appointments. Coordinate service providers.
Great co-workers. Feeling of real accomplishment at the end of the day.
Outpatient Procedures, Day & Night Charge Nurse (Current Employee), Mount Pleasant, TXOctober 3, 2013
Learned about geropsych care and was able to effectively improve level of care being provided to this group of clients.
Team players
Staff Nurse (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 28, 2013
Pros: autonomous
Cons: there wasn't a lot of room for growth
I met individual with women seeking help for varous reproductive needs.
Profile
Quality Professional (Former Employee), NCJune 5, 2013
Pros: many
Provide customer service that leaves a lasting positive impression
Develop and foster meaningful relationships
Collaborate with team members and community providers
Conduct interviews
great hours,productive workers great inventory
mental health technician (Current Employee), indiantown flaApril 4, 2013
Pros: freedom to do one on one communications
Cons: pay rate is not up to cost of living standards
great to work with others and help to better peoples lives.helping residents to adhere to activities of a daily living program that requires them to achieve their best as a mentally challenged person..
Great Hospital!
NURSING SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 26, 2012
I wouldn't be leaving this job if I weren't relocating to another state! Management is great! The DON is wonderful, the best I've ever worked with. The employees do an awesome job. The patients are who need us!
No two days are ever the same and that's GREAT
Business Service Coordinator at VNSNY (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 5, 2012
Pros: healthcare, interaction with patients, great coworkers
Cons: minimal room for growth
There is no such thing as a typical day at the Visiting Nurse Service of NY in the Behavioral Health Program and I must say that is one of the perks. There is never a dull moment. From the interactions with patients and coworkers,to maintaining the office-there is no such thing as a duplicate day. It keeps me on my toes and helps me learn how to prioritize – more... tasks.

The most difficult part of my job is maintaining the billing for all the counties we serve, but it has served as a great learning opportunity for me. The most enjoyable is providing comfort and assistance to our patients even if it is over the phone until our nurses and doctors reach their homes. – less
A very rewarding job helping people
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee), Gardena, CAJuly 31, 2012
Pros: interaction with people
Cons: working as a per-diem counselor, full time position wasn't not available.
Every work day was very busy attending clients needs, which I love doing because I enjoy helping people in general. I learned how to listen to people and how to help them make better decisions in their lives via counseling. My co-workers worked as hard as anybody trying to help their clients also. We were together as a team and got along great. The – more... hardest part of the job is witnessing people struggle with their drug/alcohol addiction and the most enjoyable was being able to help them stop their addiction. – less
Nice break room and fun events available for staff and clients
Clinician Intern (Former Employee), Orland, CAJune 26, 2012
Pros: good supervisors
Cons: short breaks
A typical day included casemanagement; patient interventions; treatment plans and assessments.