Behavioral Health Employee Reviews

Fun workplace with a unique group of clients.
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMay 10, 2017
The work load can get busy and stressful due to the culture of the clients. Very friendly staff, family oriented. Great pay and hours, the management was awesome and supportive.
SSM Wentzville
Psychiatric Technician (Current Employee) –  Wentzville, MOApril 30, 2017
A typical day in behavioral health varies based on acuity. I have learned patience. Management is awesome. The culture is spiritual. I find working with adolescents to be challenging because their environment attributes the negative behaviors. And if ones environment doesn't change, it increase the chances of relapse.

I love working in human services!
Pros
Tuition reinbursement
Cons
12 hour shifts
N/a
manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 22, 2017
Excellent experience working directly with patients, nurses, providing care, compassion and dedication to optimize work outcome. Ensuring all forms of documentation met.
Great
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLApril 20, 2017
Temp position. Great job, but had no benefits. Hours were good and so was the staff. But the pay was low and only wanted part time employees. Love the customers.
Great Private Practice
PMHNP-BC (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAFebruary 21, 2017
Great place to work. Co-workers are wonderful. Supervision is very helpful and psychiatrist is always available. The patient population is a mix of all ages. You have the ability to create your own work hours and schedule to meet personal needs.
Pros
Great Private Practice
Cons
Parking
Working with Primary Care to provide Behavrioal Health Support
Behavrioral Health Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHFebruary 7, 2017
Work with primary care physicians to provide behavioral health continued care. Manage referrals from PCP's and assisted in developing integrated care plans to assist with proper management of clients/patients. Develop standards for referral and response process and assisted a leading Hospital in the development of said program.
Pros
Geat work enviornment
I enjoyed working on the Behavioral Health Unit. Never a
RN (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTFebruary 2, 2017
I would clock in, and take Report from the previous nurse. Then assessment rounds and provide patient care. Pass Medications at the appropriate time. At the end of the shifts, I would Assess mental status and finish SOAP note charting. Last thing, I would provide the Report to the next nurse coming on Shift.
Doctors and nurses great
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 5, 2017
Great company a good place to work everyone was very professional good work environment Teamworks at home great staff all in all it's hard to get on with the company you'll have to know someone to get on there's always some type of activity going on this company is a company that I could see myself you going back at some point in time to take on a shift or a shift look up working with this company provided me with good training it teaches you patience and I could see myself retiring with this company the staff was not always great but there are some great people that works within the company. Seeing patients daily nightly was very educational this would have been my first experience working in the emergency room my training was done for several weeks I enjoyed the training process you are trained with the best before going into a facility to work those are some of the pros of working with the company
Pros
Friendly faces
Cons
Nurses with bad attitudes
loved it
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Nunica, MI 49448November 10, 2016
This place is awesome and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a step into human services, and recommend it to the families that want the best for their future.
Pros
the direct care
Cons
advancement opportunities
Interesting internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 2, 2016
My purpose at this location was to assist those fighting with addiction problems and all that goes with it, (i.e. childhood abuse, low self esteem, familial issues, etc). I was there to assist in the dedication for change in the client's life away from addictive behavior and the substances that were giving them false relief.

The organization was trying hard to help those who had been court ordered to find a way out of the use and abuse of substances. I tried to focus on ways the client could address problems in their lives, (family, job, or lack thereof, education) and how to forge ahead. When working with people, everyday is a learning experience into the lives of others and trying to find a place where working together we could find a better way.

At this organization, upper management was excellent, but for some reason there was in fighting amongst some of the long standing employees, (why, I have no idea). I was there for one reason and that was to learn about ways to assist people with addictions how to move forward in their lives and I adhered to that purpose.
Pros
Helping others that were lost in their lives
Cons
Co-worker envy, deceitful behavior causing wasted energy.
very nice place to study and very productive educational setting.
student (Former Employee) –  ASU, AZOctober 28, 2016
This is where I have attended school and I enjoyed all the years and learned so much. I had gained knowledge mainly about nutrition concentrated in dietetic studies. This field focuses on diseases and diet and it more clinical studies. I have understand how to manage and prevent disease through the use of proper nutrition. I had some good classmate that worked together as a team in team projects and we all achieved much more knowledge. Most enjoyable part was working out in the community as a volunteer to help in a food bank. I have managed to enter need individual and those who experiences life crises to allow them to receive food boxes. I have not only worked in the front office but I have also worked in the back area where workers pass out food boxes to individuals.
Pros
Education and proffesional enviroment
Cons
had to take so many classes per semester so it was intense.
 Design tool for chart abstraction to validate compliance for quality assurance purpose. Reviewing provider policies, procedures and documentation st
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Interfaith Medical Center, Brooklyn, NYSeptember 30, 2016
Start a day reviewing the daily incidence took place in the hospital within last 24 hours. Reviews what action has been taken & what is the outcome of the incidence. Identify the gaps in the whole process, recommend & follow up corrective actions. Review previous day hospital admissions, patient waiting time & other procedures involving patient care for compliance purpose set by DOH, OMH & Joint Commission.
Keeps management updated with the analyzed findings.
Work environment is good & co-workers are very friendly. Management is having positive attitude towards employees & assists in all activities.
very slow work flow
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CASeptember 6, 2016
There was not very much to do being that it is a very small facility with only a 23 bed count. I learned how to use a different note taking system. Management is too involved in client issues and not involved with their staff. The hardest part of my job was doing nothing when there were only 6 clients in the program. The most enjoyable was seeing the clients graduate and/or secure employment.
Pros
an hour lunch
Cons
scrutiny
very positive experience
Recreation Therapist (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJuly 28, 2016
My typical day was spent working on job orders received from folding carton companies who were searching to fill a specific position/job. I did this by cold calls into companies located near the company location, working out. I would then qualify the person to see if the skill set matched the job order requirements. I would then build a resume if necessary and send it into to company for review.
Pros
work at home
Cons
no work no pay
Recovery to Physical Fitness
Behavioral Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 18, 2016
I have a passion with anything that I do. I love to help people and I love to give them a better quality of life.
Pros
Cons
Not even hours in the day to help others
Good place for experience
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYJuly 12, 2016
Must have the patience to deal with patients from all walks of life. Psych is not an easy field, but it can be very rewarding. Great for entry level employment.
Average and positive job experience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VirginiaJune 30, 2016
An enjoyable place to work as long as the employee was motivated and passionate about patient care. Upper management was laissez-fiare approach at times which creates for frustrating work situations.
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
long hours, low shared governance
Great enviornment
Intern (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 14, 2016
BHC is a calm environment to learn in and has a very small bed count so the workflow seems a lot easier. I would recommend this facility to anyone looking to get their feet in the medical field.
Great supervisor
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 9, 2016
I assisted individuals with a residential setting who needed various types of needs met. I had to complete grocery shopping once a week for 3 individuals and assist them in planning a healthy meal each week. I assisted each individual by getting them to each and every doctors appointment, activity, and family gathering when necessary. I feel the hardest part of the job is when not knowing exactly how to answer a question right at that very moment and getting yelled at or called names due to now knowing how to answer a question. I feel the best part of the job is when your able to see just how much you've impacted an individuals life just by doing the smallest things by bring them new furniture into their house or getting their vehicle fixed.
Pros
enhance learning skills
Cons
no breaks, too much paperwork, no training
Great work environment and company mission
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAMay 19, 2016
Great work environment. Family feel with my colleagues, Great group of people. Unfortionately there is not much room for growth and advancement. Felt like I needed a new challenge. Overall a great company that cared about their employees and the families we worked with(client cases).
Pros
Work environment, co-workers. Company Mission.
Cons
Not much, if any room for growth within the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Behavioral Health. Our community is ready to answer.