Behavioral Innovations Employee Reviews

Underpaid, no advancement, unethical, poor communication
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 22, 2017
While the ABA field is underpaid as a whole BI is one of the lowest paying clinics. Even raises are less than ideal. This is a entry level job and seems to be the case no matter what unless you hold a BCBA. If you do happen to get a promotion you really just increase responsibility and decrease in benefits. Because of the structure of BI any type of manager will typically take on the same responsibilities of a BCBA minus the lay and certification training. They want you to get so many tasks done in a week, but are unwilling to pay overtime. Lack of communication between each position level causing a lot of confusion and chaos.
Benefits
Cons
Unprofessional, unethical
Don't waste your time!
Employee (Current Employee) –  TexasDecember 14, 2017
Horrible pay.
Benefits for employees are extremely expensive for the pay given to employees.
Everything is about who is friends with who
Manager partial to employees who are friends
Opportunities only offered if you are becoming a BCBA
They do NOt to hours for anyone getting masters unless its for BCBA
Discrimitative towards single parents
Lacks training
Too many people with titles and not enough support
Pros
Working with Clients
Cons
Everything listed
Rewarding work experience
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 13, 2017
BI is an innovative approach to therapy for children with autism and their families. It is a rewarding field to work in and the families are very appreciative.
Learning about the children and the field of ABA therapy was the only good part
ABA Therapist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 5, 2017
I worked for B.I for a year. This is one of the most stressful jobs that i have had. The lack of support from those who are in lead positions is ridiculous. So many times you would be given a child that you know nothing about (behavior and programs). There was a lack of staff because everyone was quitting back to back. You are supposed to work with a child in a 1:1 setting, but since there were no employees there would be times where one therapist had 2-4 kids at one time making it impossible to give all your attention to one child. We were never given ANY of our raises unless you were one of the employees who were shown favoritism. You are promised a raise once you finish your Relias online training, then another one after you finish your RBT exam, and one more if you go from part time to full time. As many times as myself and my coworkers would inquire about our raises, we would be told "Ill look into it" and our BCBA/ manager never would.
Pros
Children, Freedom to run your session however you want
Cons
short breaks, very little pay comapared to any other ABA company in the DFW area, No support from lead team members and manager
Productive and Fun workplace
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Rowlett, TXSeptember 23, 2017
This was a great place to work. Great environment to be apart of from staff to clients. The experience I received at this place was incredible. I hope to continue to build from that.
Pros
great work environment, weekends off
Cons
short lunches
Great place to learn and grow
Treatment Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort WorthSeptember 15, 2017
I was with BI for 4 years and I loved it! Yes, it is not always an easy job but that should be a given. The company works with children with Autism in a ABA therapy setting. You will have days that you are basically getting hit, kicked, and there is a bunch of crying but it is our job to work through that and there are just as many great moments as there are tough ones. Being able to be apart of a center that cares for these children and getting to be part of the change in their lives is awesome.

I started out as a therapist and yeah the pay may not be the best but the opportunity to grow and advance in the company is amazing, by the time I left I was a treatment manager and loved my team. The head BCBA at the center was super supportive and was willing to provide supervision for anyone wanting to become a BCBA or BCaBA if they were willing to put in the work.

I would highly recommend this company if you are starting to be interested in ABA or therapy with children with autism.
Pros
Fun teams
Cons
pay
Relaxed and supportive environment.
Lead Therapist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 22, 2017
This is a great clinic with a supportive management team. Pay is on the lower end of the spectrum with unpaid holidays off. However there is an incentive point system that sometimes allows you to pay for those days off.
Great place to grow
Registered Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 10, 2017
I liked my coworkers and the clients and their families are great I just wish the company would pay more you start off at 11 and cap out 13 with gradual raises every year or unless you become management.
Pros
Coworkers, clients
Great place to learn & grow while making on impact!
Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 31, 2017
I typically work with 2 clients per day doing in-home ABA therapy.
You may do a lot of driving, but I don't mind and you get compensated for time between clients and after a "reasonable commute" time and mileage.
The BCBAs in OKC are always available for questions/concerns, even after "working hours."
You receive plenty of supervision and they are receptive to ideas/concerns.
Even with staff working all over the place, BCBAs have tried to create a fun and inviting workplace environment with team meetings and monthly get togethers.
Pros
Great supervision, receptive management, great training and learning opportunities
Great starting place but low wages, poor incentives
ABA Therapist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 2, 2017
BI is a great starting point for your ABA career.

Pros

-Pay for your RBT certification

-Teach valuable skills

-Flexible schedule and hours

-Great staff always willing to help each other

-You make a difference in a families life

CONS

-Low wage. Worst in the area. Poor incentives. Want you to show up for trainings and they don't pay you. If client is late you won't get paid.

-Unethical business practices

-Profit driven, not quality of care, more like a day care facility and some families treat us like that. They took out holiday breaks and now have more open hours. Again the medical facility is run more like a day care facility.

-Pay is not equal to work you are required to do or that of other ABA facilities in Texas

-30 minute lunch

-Allow parents to drop of children for therapy even when they are visibly sick.

Want to know more about Behavioral Innovations?

Ask a question
Easy work place
RBT ABA Therapist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 29, 2017
easy days
nice people to work for
learned how to work with different kids
nice incentive program
refresher courses
happy families
flexible schedule and hours
Difficult company that requires a lot of patience
Registered Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 25, 2017
Unless you have a lot of patience I would not recommend this job. Children with disabilities will scream, kick, destroy property and many other things. There is not reimbursement for if a child cancels their appointment. If they are gone for a week, I do not get paid. This is a serious flaw in the company. I walked around all day with a young child and felt like a nanny, while I had to ask then to participate in activities they did not want to.
Saturday and Sundays off and being with the clients is great!
Therapist- RBT Certified (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 21, 2017
Work with one to two clients a day in room that could have several other clients or just one. Have to graph data daily and do monthly binder reports. Mandatory weekly meetings. You have to convert your time sheets daily manually.
Pros
Being apart of clients progress, other therapists, interaction with clients, Saturday and Sundays off
Cons
30 minute lunch, a lot of paper work, impatient management, no paid holidays
Great team . Like family
ABA Therapist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 14, 2017
Lots of support from team and management. Wonderful place to work. Pay is not great but will work around your schedule when needed. Very flexible managers .
Great place, not great benefits or pay
Intern (Current Employee) –  TexasMay 31, 2017
I am employed at one of the locations, I have a lot of support from my BCBA and TM.. But the admin team isn't the best when seeking training or answers.
Pros
Communication and fun enviroment
Cons
Low pay, bad benefits, and PTO
nice entry level position
ABA Therapist (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 18, 2017
I worked at BI for a year plus. While I enjoyed my work with the kids, we suffered from high turnover and many of the parents in our center looked at us as childcare rather than true therapists. We were expected to be at the center from 8-5. Many people assume we run like a school system, which is partially true, except for the set hours. We also were slated to lose our Christmas break for the 2017-2018 school year and of course, we are hourly employees and we do not have summers off.
Pros
One on one work with children I am passionate about helping. Great parents.
Cons
Parents with no desire to learn how to help their child, Weak inexperienced leadership, long hours, low pay
Typical day
Registered Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXJuly 19, 2016
The days run 8-5pm with 1:1 therapy to children that are 2 to 13 years of age. Most children have eight programs that typically have 20 trial each ran throughout the day.
Awesome workplace
Behavior Therapist (Current Employee) –  Castle Hills, TXJune 27, 2016
This company is great in many ways. Main focus is to make the children have the best time while working on their targets to modify their behaviors. Everyone is so helpful, and thankful for working there everyday. BI is family.
Pros
Great experience, awesome people
Fun workplace
THERAPIST (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 9, 2015
Great learning experience, and supportive management team. The staff was very helpful in my training process and it was a pleasant working environment.
Excellent Experience
Behavioral Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 27, 2014
Excellent Client, Excellent Employer, Flexible Schedule, Great Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Behavioral Innovations. Our community is ready to answer.