Make a difference for a child with Autism! Autism/ABA Specialists needed!
Do you have a passion for working with kids with disabilities? Do you want to learn more about Autism and Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)? Do you want to work for a locally-owned, small business that you can grow with?
Behavioral and Educational Consultants is a new Seattle-based, Autism and Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) company that works with school-aged children with Autism. BEC teaches educational, communication, social, and functional skills through Naturalistic Instruction. Through the use of ABA techniques, children with Autism are taught essential skills that improve their ability to function in everyday life and communicate at home and in the community. BEC understands that all children with Autism should have the opportunity to have access to ABA services; therefore, BEC now accepts Medicaid and other private health insurance.
Autism/ABA Specialist Position:
BEC is now accepting applications for entry level Autism/ABA Specialists. Formal education in Special Education, Autism, or ABA is not required for entry level Autism/ABA Specialist positions.
The following qualifications for the Autism/ABA Specialist position are required and will be verified:
- Bachelor’s degree from an Accredited University in any discipline related to Education, Communication, Social Work, or Psychology.
- At least 2 years of experience working with children or adults with disabilities.
- At least 2 years of experience working with children in an academic, home, or community setting.
- The ability to pass a federal background check.
The following qualifications for the position are desired:
- Master’s degree from an Accredited University in any discipline related to Education, Communication, Social Work, or Psychology.
- One year of experience working with children or adults with Autism.
- One year of experience performing ABA therapy.
- One year of experience performing parent or family training and/or education.
- FLUENCY in Spanish and English
Behavioral and Educational Consultants provides extremely competitive pay which is commensurate with education and experience. Education may be substituted for years of experience. This is a PART-TIME position. The number of hours assigned to each Autism/ABA Specialist depends on the availability and schedule of both the clients and employees.
BEC is an equal opportunity employer and does discriminate against age, race, religion, ethnicity, gender, or disability.
Please submit a resume AND cover sheet via the online application. Please also provide 3 professional or academic references with name, e-mail address, and phone number. Personal references will not be accepted.
Join the BEC team today and help make a difference in the life of a child with Autism!