BEHR Employee Reviews in United States

Old School Tactics & Poor Relationship with Sales Team
Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 27, 2015
The A/R department is not sales oriented. I know that part of A/R is to collect funds however a company should also try to stay on trend with competitors, especially when the competitors have been in the business much longer and offer high quality products as well.
A/R should improve the relationship it has with Sales and find ways to work together. Set all personal issues aside and truly be company oriented and customer oriented. Give your staff negotiation power and work to help customers instead of push customers away.

Overall the benefits of Behr are great, the bonus structure works, one main thing I would change is all employees should have a GED or high school diploma, management including Supervisors should hold a college degree (any type) and relatives should not work in the same department, A/R is full of relatives which really is a disadvantage to the company and morale of other employees.
Pros
Bonus program, health insurance, flexible spending
Cons
micro-management
working with all types of diffrent suff all the time
Sorter (Former Employee) –  South Beloit, ILJuly 21, 2016
we clock in and go to the picking line. I learnt a lot about different metals. management was not good at all. co-works were fun made the days go by fast. there was no hard part of my day. the most enjoyable was learning about the different metals.
Pros
work was fun
Cons
management was not good at all
A difficult environment to work i and not family oriented
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 1, 2015
In order to boost profits workforce was cut by two-thirds and remaining workforce was expected to work 12-16 hour shifts daily.
Pros
Benefits( Health and Dental)
Cons
Losing benefits
Heating & cooling industry
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 25, 2015
Start time was 6 am I would go in charge my Fork lift head to the loading docks where I would pull all shipments orders assign work loads to give to each of my co-workers I was the coordinator on the loading docks in Shipping & receiving/ I learned to lead a team of 50+ co-workers in the most efficient way to get all our work done in an 8 hr shift, Management- was very good with this company they was fair & trusting they cared about there employees do to the fact without all of us there wouldn't be a need for them, My Co-workers was very loyal dependable individuals/ Hardest part about my Job was having to leave it to relocate my family/ The Most Enjoyable part of my job was a nice drama fee non stressful work environment
Great Place
Technician (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 12, 2015
Behr has a family atmosphere and can be a fantastic place to work, it is entirely possible to have a lifelong career here.
its an ok place
former employee (Former Employee) –  texasSeptember 11, 2012
management likes to micro manage--- cant let each dept do their own job- not a bad place though
benefits
Cons
never pays enough-- not even cost of living
great
milling operator (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PASeptember 23, 2015
good expierience for me. hope you guys check it out you just might like the job. the pay is ok and the bounus. be carefull though of managment.
it was a great place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Sauk Village, ILAugust 12, 2015
I enjoyed working at Behr paint distribution center because it was a clean and friendly environment ....it was very employee friendly with great incentives...I loved how safety was there number one concern above making money .
Pros
clean work place, very worker friendly
Productive and fun place to work
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJune 18, 2015
Free lunches when did a good job for the week, and my most enjoyable part about my job was the pay we received. The hardest part of being there is working in the winter because all the doors be open.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
15 to 20 min breaks
Applicants beware!
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 11, 2012
The following advice is to the duplicitous Supervisors and Director, "Know what you don't know"..after all, this is what you constantly tell your employees. Stop female favoritism, treat both sexes equally and be honest with your employees and yourselves. Quit making it up as you go along under the pretense that you knew what you were doing in the first place.
Pros – Able to gain extra experience by learning on my own, no thanks to anyone else. You learn very early that Behr Process is a revolving door with new training classes starting every other week.
Cons – Micro-Management on a whole new level. They will dangle the carrot of full time employment all the while knowing they have no intention of hiring you. You will hear lines like..."That's why you are a keeper", etc. Employees are the sacrificial lambs to the Supervisors and Director. Honestly, you are there to catch their fall and failures. Company is unwilling to invest in quality employees.
Pros
you realize that management is incompetent.
Cons
company will run you through a local staffing agency.
behr was ok to work for
Welder/Assembler (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCOctober 18, 2012
There safty was never to be seen on the floor.Management was lacking leadership skills very unorganized company. Not a good job if you got a life this company will take advantage of you if you let them. The people you work with are great made loss of friends they all have the same feeling about it as I do.
Pros
there is a lunch room and fresh food on site if you can afford it !!!!!!!!!
Cons
brake are really short no time to eat. your first brack is 10mins lunch is 15mins
Productive and nice place to work
sales associate (Former Employee) –  braingsville,paJanuary 24, 2015
Works as a temp ... was told they will pay all the hours at end of assignments... never occurred. .... workers very respectful. .... pay was good.... but no comunication between manegement...... learn a lot from the 2 other employers at my department
Pros
love the hours
Cons
very upset it was temp
Warehouse Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 22, 2015
This was a temp job that didn't last long. For the most part it was a good place to learn how to operate a folk lift and how to ship and receive product.
Constant easy work, fun while also productive
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  N Charleston, SCSeptember 9, 2013
Easy, reliable work
Friendly maintenance
Much to learn
Teamwork
Pros
cafeteria, consistent work
Cons
short breaks, weekend work
Fast pace enjoyable work environment
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  North Charleston SCMay 29, 2013
Get work instructions, set up my work area, watch for any saftey issue, set goal and proceed to work. I have learned how to watch for any defects in products and how to properly ship and handle material. I keep a common agreement with my co-workers to be productive and safe.
Not a good place to work if you like to spend time with your family
hvac (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 20, 2014
Behr is a job that will work you 16 hrs a day with forced overtime and it doesn't bother the supervisors to do that to you because they are usually going home to their family
Cons
short breaks
Fast pace manufacturing
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 29, 2013
Good job overall. The least desirable aspect of this job was the 15 minute lunches and inability to work with my school schedule.
fun
Press Operator/ Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCDecember 11, 2013
Nice place to work plus you get great overtimes hours an great pay
Pros
parties
Cons
short breaks
nice place to work but not for new hires no retirement for them
jobsetter (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 9, 2014
the hardest part of my job was dealing with the under trained supervision. had nice co-workers
Pros
good healthcare
Cons
poor managment
A serious company to work for. well organized company,Deversity & human relations a strong point.
Labor (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 31, 2012
Protect the safety of others and patrol the areas. Making rounds every hour to prevent crime.
Pros
very polite employees

2.9