Behringer Harvard Employee Reviews in United States

Customer Service Based
Leasing Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 18, 2015
Upbeat professional office environment with easy going coworkers. Typical day at work was answering phone calls, touring the property with potential residents and handled maintenance calls for various units for immediate attention. Most enjoyable part of the job was finding the right fit for residents and their needs, depending on the situation.
Very poor management no team work
Electrician/Assistant Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston TexasJuly 7, 2015
Review work orders and crew assignments for the day. Assign PM"S and review tenant calls. Boiler operation and large equipment repair. Poor communication from this management. Good crew 6 men we got along well and were able to complete p.m.'s and work assignments in a timely manner. Keeping management informed of potential problems. Interacting with the multiple tenants in this building, very rewarding.
Pros
Good crew and the tenants
Cons
Poor management team lack of leadership from all, including the chief engineer.
I loved working with the staff at Behringer Harvard in Baltimore. We were like family.
Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 12, 2015
I really enjoyed working at 500 East Pratt Street. We had great tenants who treated our staff very well. Even though the building was new I found and worked out many problems. The only reason I left the was because of corporate changes. I did not have my Md. Stationary Engineers Licence which they needed me to have. i received a very nice package when I left. I have just completed a prep course at Anne Arundel Community College To be able to take the test for stationary engineer licence.
Pros
It was a great place to work.
Cons
Really not any cons except did not a hve my licence
I enjoyed the due diligence on this job.
Due Diligence Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXJanuary 7, 2015
We bought and sold office buildings and hotels. I helped in the due diligence process. I enjoy research. I learned a lot on this job. I left due to a company wide lay off.
Productive and fun place to work
Finance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 22, 2014
AP & AR responsibilities daily. i was able to close month end, and assist with budgets. everyone i worked with felt like family because it was a small team.
Friendly work enviroment, exceeds residents expectations
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJune 22, 2014
a typical day was completing work orders, doing turns,make ready, and testing ,maintaning 3 pools,1 spool,and 1 spa. I have learned so much with this property,starting off as a porter advancing to a technician. Along the way completing multiple tests for Grace Hill,.Aquiring both HVAC and CPO certifications. Could'nt ask for a better set of co-workers. The Manager and Maintenance Supervisor were overall the best I have ever worked with. Having to turn 3 or more units,10 or more work orders,and A/C units going down all at once would be the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job would be getting up and going to work everyday.
Productive and fullfilling
Operating Engineer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 15, 2014
A great company to work for. A very professional core of teammates all of whom are working to a high standard of commitment to excellence.
OK to work for
Lead Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta GaJanuary 15, 2014
this company is more for residential and not commercial. They are good on the residential side, but the commercial side is more of a challenge for them.
Pros
residential side good
Cons
commercial side a challenge
Typical HR Position
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXJanuary 13, 2014
Wonderful, fun and energetic environment. Provides a great opportunity for learning new skills and polishing current skills.
Fast paced & stressful
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  HoustonSeptember 1, 2013
Fast paced environment with high stress. Not enough time to take a lunch on most days. Make sure you bring your lunch and that it is something you can eat quickly. Corporate office seems to not know much about the inner working of a leasing office.

Days that corporate comes to the leasing office for meetings or training they usually do not provide anything to eat or drink.

Once corporate understand this I think it will be a much better company to work for.
Pros
company is buying a lot of new properties
Cons
bad work life balance
Busy
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXJune 3, 2013
I did not work here that long but I remember that the CPA I worked with was really nice... She help me understand the general ledger and journal entries really well.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Fast Paced Environment
Leasing Professional / Account Management (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 30, 2012
Office environment fast paced, multi-tasking clients, prospects, tours scheduling and meeting.