Bekaert Employee Reviews

Great hours an pay is awesome
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARJanuary 7, 2017
I loved my department an people I worked with it was a great job an the hours are wonderful plenty of off time to spend with the family.
good company. lost job due to divorce
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Rogers, AROctober 30, 2016
very busy production atmosphere with daily challenges including the implementation of 8 million dollars worth of automated material handling in my last year. A rotating shift- 2 weeks days and two weeks nights. Perpetually shorthanded with massive overtime which was hard to sell to my operators. Product changeovers at a moments notice. Lots of new people and lots of mistakes that required extra work and investigation. Also had all department payroll on a bi-weekly basis. Very stressful atmosphere and massive turnover. Dealing with day to day personal problems of 35 different human beings was the hardest....everybody has something going on at home and it affects them even when you tell them they have to check it at the door and concentrate on the task at hand.
Pros
good pay
Cons
rotating shift and very stressful job
Poor Management decisions, Nepotism
Worker (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARAugust 22, 2016
Laying production workers off to give more benefits and pay to Management. Major nepotism and favoritism to the Staff. Management has major entitlement attitude. 2 people lost fingers here. Beware!
Good Place to work; always a lot to do!
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARJuly 18, 2016
Bekaert runs 24/7 so every morning I go through and look at production to schedule to make sure we maintain our good uptime.
Go with me Supervisors to make sure we are meeting the demands and checking on Quality and safety of the 2 teams I oversee.
Bekaert
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAMarch 12, 2016
A great place to work with superior people. I have loved every minute here even with all the ups and downs. The work standards were attainable and everyone worked together.
Pros
People, environment
Cons
Healthcare
Productive and balanced place to work
Treasury Analyst (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 22, 2016
A great place to work. Company culture is driven and focused to meet both individual and team goals along with finding a balance between work and family life.
Pros
Monthly luncheons, positive environment, competitive healthcare and 401k.
fast paced
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Van Buren, ARJanuary 14, 2016
high demands for barb wires, 12 hours 4 days on 3 days off, personal protective equipment, operate 6 machines, produced up to 300 rolls of barb wires in 12 hours.
good intensions bad execution
lab tech (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARNovember 17, 2014
lab tech good pay bad business decisions. belgien company had different ideas about how to treat employee
Pros
good pay
Cons
didnt care about employee, treated them like they were disposible
Very productive, fun freindly atmosphere
PTOffice/QC data entry/recycling/sweeper/forklift (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARDecember 9, 2013
Each day started with meeting with night shift and learning what happened on their shift and what I needed to really focus on first thing. I had multiple super visors and so it could get a bit hectic at times. My co-workers were fun, loving, helpful, and friendly. It was to know that we could all work together in an atmosphere of mostly men and nothing negative came out of it.
Pros
Decent pay, good insurance, and fun friendly environment
Cons
to many chiefs and not enough indians so speak
Right now slow no work!!
CNC Machinist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 17, 2013
Go to my department if I have work if not I may have to go to another department.
Pros
Hours 6am til 230pm
Cons
Worrying about having work!!
Rotating on days and nights is a bummer.
Operator Technician (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARAugust 27, 2013
This job works too hard for little pay. Plus it's a 12 hour shift so you're up working longer hours. Co-workers are okay to work around with except if you get to know everybody, most people start expecting you to help if you were a good/fast pace worker. I learned how to fix the machines. Every little problem on the machines were easy to fix and sometimes may be time consuming but i always get it up and running as soon as i can. Hardest part of the job wouldn't really be anything because once you learn everything, you know everything. Hardest part of the job would be rotating from nights to days. Most enjoyable part of the job would be the breaks. Love how you can go to break after your finish running your machines and nothing is broken.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Vacation Days, Rotations, Incentives
Job description
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, KYAugust 10, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of running a machine that ran wiring, that begins as a big rod of steel into different things such as staples, to barbed wire and fencing. You have to operate a machine that is constantly running into different gauges. These are ran thru a furnace, acid and a bath.

The hardest part of the job is if you lose part of the line, you would have to manually put it back into line to continue down the line.
Pros
Bonuses every quarter & WalMart cards for attendance & performance.
Cons
Worked a split shift. 6 weeks on nights and 6 weeks on days. Hard on your sleeping abilities.
Run away
Production member. (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, KYAugust 2, 2013
This company at this location is not union. 12 hour shifts working 6 weeks of days and 6 weeks of nights; your body never adjusts. Work life balance is non-existant, starting pay has not increased in years, pay raises are rare. Job is hot dirty and strenuous, less than minimal staff for such a large operation. Management sits in the A/C and will come out to berate you for not meeting herculean goals. Just stay away, you'll just waste your time and put your personal life in jeopardy.
Pros
Cons
Crazy shifts, low pay
Nice environment
Fine Wire Industrial Waste Management Operator (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, KentuckyMarch 7, 2013
Was pleasurable working for this company. Great environment and fast paced work. The most difficult thing about this job was the production floor wasn't controlled temperature.
Pros
long shifts, good pay
Cons
hot production floor/fans didn't work
Very interesting international company
Maint Mgr/Safety/Production Mgr (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAJanuary 7, 2013
Well organized /computerized/safe workenvironment.

Daily follow up with montly cost and failure analysis

Presentations made in graph form

Benchmarking with other Bekaert plants

Close ralationship with Personel Mgr

Plantmgr = distributed the responsibilties and

we got full ownership
Pros
lot of training in /oustide the company
Cons
union limitations