Bekins Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Will help you physically
Driver/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 22, 2016
This is a heavy lifting hard work job. you're lifting up over 100 pounds moving furniture and other personal products belonging to customers moving from there homes to a new location. You must be delicate with items to insure no goods get broken during packaging and shipping. You must always have a good attitude when dealing with customers. Everything in your truck must be properly secured to insure the safety of the customers belongings and your safety as well. A improperly secured truck can cause you your life, damage to company property or hurt other drivers around you if something went wrong. so safety is key to do this type of work.
Pros
Pays good, and you're not hassled
Cons
Long away times from family.
Fast paced work, physical work.
Mover/Helper (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 17, 2016
A typical day at Bekins usually consists of going to a contracted location and moving and or transporting their property to a new location. Examples include: schools, law offices, residential, hospital admin buildings, warehouses, Etc. My cowokers are hard working and very fun to be around, what i like most is doing different jobs everyday yet knowing what i have to do on a daily basis.
Pros
tips, free lunches
Cons
tough on the body
HomeDirectUSA/MXD Group was an excellent place to work.
Network Carrier Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILOctober 21, 2015
I enjoyed the variety of work and being part of an excellent team. I learned a great deal from the challenges that this position brought when dealing with difficult customers or situations.
Work conditions needed improving
Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 7, 2015
I would start work around 7 a.m. and take my truck to wherever a load needed to be packed and shipped. I supervised and helped the inventorying, packing and loading of the trailer. Sometimes my co-workers were given to me to use who had claimed they knew how to do a job, but, found out they knew nothing and were hired because they were friends of one of the bosses of the company.
Pros
Extra pay for training crew members
Cons
Getting friends of bosses to work with
The best job I had in trucking
Company driver (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAApril 16, 2015
We worked alot with the military and other customers delivering furniture to residents and homes.This job was very important to my growth in the trucking business.I alot about trucks and being an owner operator.I like being my own boss and delivering with a purpose to companies that matter to the survival to the economy.
Always traveling to new places was really great !
Mover (Former Employee) –  Amityville, NYJanuary 8, 2015
A normal day at Bekins taught me really how to work as a team. The hardest part of this job was having a such a crazy work schedule. Aside from that traveling and always experiencing new places and such a variety a different communities.
great company
driver, supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILApril 17, 2013
loved working for them. they are very physical and demanding work so u need to be in fit. Overall I would recommend them.
Pros
customers, drivers
Cons
very demanding and phisical
Good Place to work
Lead Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 11, 2013
Load and unload trucks in whse or customer sites.Pick-up/Del. of high tech equiptment.Supervisor of special projects.ATM installtions.
enjoyed being part of thie organazation
warehouse assoc. (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHMay 7, 2012
learned alot new how to work there ups system,let you try any thing on work etics
Pros
got to learn alot