Belk's Employee Reviews

Fast-paced, loyal customers
Merchandise Support (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 4, 2015
Belk's Inc has a been around for quite sometime; rich in history.
I learned patience, one of the hardest jobs worked even though part time and I really enjoyed the co-workers.
Pros
Discounts, luncheons
Cons
Holidays
good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Asheboro, NCSeptember 15, 2015
this is a good place to work. We use to make commision which made it a great place to work. But I dont believe you get compensated for commissions anymore. Its just hourly now.
Pros
stable job
Cons
management is not great
It was the most learning experience .that I have
Area Sale Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCAugust 27, 2015
• Started as sales associate and within a year was promoted to Department Manager
• Attended Management and Buying Training thru Belk’s.
Pros
People watching
Cons
inflexible hours
IT was ok
Associate Sales Floor (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAAugust 27, 2015
The job position was ok and they really need to improve the system. I guess that job is not really for me but it's wonderful job position as well.
Pros
a hour lunch
Cons
miscommunication team
Loved the environment and benefits
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth City NCJune 30, 2015
Typical day at work consist of opening registers, checking the floor of my department and making sure that merchandise and department is ready for customer.
Pros
Discount on merchandise and the management was a one
Cons
Being on your feet for long and extended periods of time
Typical Retail Job
Sales Associate and Costumer Service (Current Employee) –  Buford, GAMay 29, 2015
Job consist of doing stock and sale change, sales, no commission, penny raises, credit card pushing, management drama, employee drama, almost all-women staff, random thieves, prepping for holidays, rude costumers here and there, and coupon, coupons, coupons.
Pros
semi-okay pay, good benefits, and long breaks.
Cons
short staff, bad management, drama, poor scheduling
going extra mile for a job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 17, 2015
Qualifications:
Have experience as a customer service representative, cashier and stocker. Excellent customers service skills. I am very reliable, dependable and willing to go the extra mile to help the company well as fellow coworkers.
fast paced enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 4, 2015
Food lion was a fast paced environment that I have learned how to count money, control the cashier, and make inventory. while working at food lion I have learned a great experience of customer service.
good company
Seasonal Men's Sales (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAJanuary 29, 2015
welcoming staff. great team attitude, no micromanagement, extensive training available to the right individual, they will invest in you if you would like to be a part of their family..
fun place to work
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAJanuary 20, 2015
A day at work is busy and always on the go i am a floater ,so i does every one jobs.
Pros
peaceful breaks
Cons
healthcare
occasional free treats
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJanuary 8, 2015
I enjoyed working here, as the customers were a delight. They really looked forward to being helped and were patient if you were helping someone else. My co-workers were very helpful knowing I was new to the cash machine, especially wanting to give customers every discount they were entitled to. One of the hardest for me was learning all the different keys on the register.
Pros
lots of affairs which included sample foods coffee and hot dogs
Great Atmosphere
Customer Service/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Selma,ALDecember 1, 2014
It was a plesure working there. I enjoyed the public as well as my management team.
Pros
great working environment
Cons
lack of benefits
Beauty Advisor
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 18, 2014
A typical day at work would depend on the season. If it was shopping season, then overall the store was busy. I learned a lot for the duration that I worked here. I learned tips and technics on skin care, makeup and product knowledge. The management was uncertain and unorganized. In 6 months, I had 3 different managers. My co-worker were great. The hardest part of the job would have been working on base and commission, because everybody would pounce on the customer. The enjoyable part of the job was meeting all the interesting people.
Fun job with fabulous people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCOctober 16, 2014
While at Belk I learned a lot because I worked throughout the entire store.
Customer Service
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCAugust 27, 2014
I would help with sales,I learned how to set up new credit accounts.Management showed me how to set up displays and organize the floor to attract the customer attention. I worked well with coworkers. The hardest part of my job was midnight audits.The most enjoyable part of my job was the satisfaction of customers faces when they were satisfied with the purchase.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Fashion
Saleperson-Men's Department (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCApril 7, 2014
I got to be trained by an established retailer. I became more aware of how to dress well, as well as shop for gifts. I learned how to properly present myse
Pros
stylish clothes
Cons
minimum requirements to promote in-store credit cards.
Enjoyable job, hours were good as well
Sales (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCMarch 10, 2014
I learned a little about retail during my time spent at Belks. I was still in highschool at the time so the job worked well with my hours. management was curtious and again accomadating to school. I enjoyed helping customers piece together outfits for everyday life or big events in their life.
Pros
hours and accomadation to my schooling
Productive Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Prattville, ALJanuary 23, 2014
Belk's was a great Job. I was on my feet almost constantly but it was an active day each time. I was able to befriend my coworkers for easier interaction between us during the day. My manager specifically was very kind and motivating. She was a very serious hard worker with a pleasant personality and I wasn't afraid to speak to her about any problems I was having if any occurred. They enjoyed boosting moral often and keeping their employees very happy in order to keep their customers happy. We had personal basis with a lot of the customers and often times spoke with loyal repeat customers as formal friends. I would often go out of my way to assist a customer in order for them to have a quality visit to Belk's and shopping experience. This could, and often did, happen by telling the customer how they looked in clothing and offering suggestions as to which outfit would appear better to their body type. This had to be done with extreme care to not offend the customer in any ways. I did not much like putting the clothes away because we often reorganized the racks and it often felt like a maze in the short time I worked their. Many of my coworkers were not seasonal help like I was and would often steal customers away from me just to keep their sale numbers up and that often frustrated me but I just tried harder to make loyal customers who would only work with me if I was available.
Pros
occuasional supplied lunch, cash value for credit card signups
Great place to work!
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NCJanuary 17, 2014
Belk's is a fantastic place to work. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to go to work every day. Each day is different from the day before. Getting to interact with customers on a daily basis is a bonus.
nice enviornment
Customer Service Rep/Sales (Former Employee) –  valdosta gaNovember 29, 2013
• Greeted customers with a nice welcome and a smile
• Handled inbound calls at the returns desk and customer service desk.
• Handled cash and provided quality customer service
• Promoted and advertised sales in catalog
• Monitored front counter