Belk's

Belk's Employer Reviews

occasional free treats
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: lots of affairs which included sample foods coffee and hot dogs
I enjoyed working here, as the customers were a delight. They really looked forward to being helped and were patient if you were helping someone else. My co-workers were very helpful knowing I was new to the cash machine, especially wanting to give customers every discount they were entitled to. One of the hardest for me was learning all the different keys on the register.
Great Atmosphere
Customer Service/ Sales Associate (Former Employee), Selma,ALDecember 1, 2014
Pros: great working environment
Cons: lack of benefits
It was a plesure working there. I enjoyed the public as well as my management team.
Beauty Advisor
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCNovember 18, 2014
A typical day at work would depend on the season. If it was shopping season, then overall the store was busy. I learned a lot for the duration that I worked here. I learned tips and technics on skin care, makeup and product knowledge. The management was uncertain and unorganized. In 6 months, I had 3 different managers. My co-worker were great. The hardest part of the job would have been working on base and commission, because everybody would pounce on the customer. The enjoyable part of the job was meeting all the interesting people.
Fun job with fabulous people
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Burlington, NCOctober 16, 2014
While at Belk I learned a lot because I worked throughout the entire store.
Customer Service
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCAugust 27, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
I would help with sales,I learned how to set up new credit accounts.Management showed me how to set up displays and organize the floor to attract the customer attention. I worked well with coworkers. The hardest part of my job was midnight audits.The most enjoyable part of my job was the satisfaction of customers faces when they were satisfied with the purchase.
Fashion
Saleperson-Men's Department (Former Employee), Sanford, NCApril 7, 2014
Pros: stylish clothes
Cons: minimum requirements to promote in-store credit cards.
I got to be trained by an established retailer. I became more aware of how to dress well, as well as shop for gifts. I learned how to properly present myse
Enjoyable job, hours were good as well
Sales (Former Employee), Beaufort, SCMarch 10, 2014
Pros: hours and accomadation to my schooling
I learned a little about retail during my time spent at Belks. I was still in highschool at the time so the job worked well with my hours. management was curtious and again accomadating to school. I enjoyed helping customers piece together outfits for everyday life or big events in their life.
Productive Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Prattville, ALJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: occuasional supplied lunch, cash value for credit card signups
Belk's was a great Job. I was on my feet almost constantly but it was an active day each time. I was able to befriend my coworkers for easier interaction between us during the day. My manager specifically was very kind and motivating. She was a very serious hard worker with a pleasant personality and I wasn't afraid to speak to her about any problems I was having if any occurred. They enjoyed boosting moral often and keeping their employees very happy in order to keep their customers happy. We had personal basis with a lot of the customers and often times spoke with loyal repeat customers as formal friends. I would often go out of my way to assist a customer in order for them to have a quality visit to Belk's and shopping experience. This could, and often did, happen by telling the customer how they looked in clothing and offering suggestions as to which outfit would appear better to their body type. This had to be done with extreme care to not offend the customer in any ways. I did not much like putting the clothes away because we often reorganized the racks and it often felt like a maze in the short time I worked their. Many of my coworkers were not seasonal help like I was and would often steal customers away from me just to keep their sale numbers up and that often frustrated me but I just tried harder to make loyal customers who would only work with me if I was available.
Great place to work!
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Monroe, NCJanuary 17, 2014
Belk's is a fantastic place to work. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to go to work every day. Each day is different from the day before. Getting to interact with customers on a daily basis is a bonus.
nice enviornment
Customer Service Rep/Sales (Former Employee), valdosta gaNovember 29, 2013
• Greeted customers with a nice welcome and a smile
• Handled inbound calls at the returns desk and customer service desk.
• Handled cash and provided quality customer service
• Promoted and advertised sales in catalog
• Monitored front counter
pretty good job
Sale's Representative (Former Employee), Danville, VANovember 5, 2013
I enjoyed this job as well. Some good and bad to this job. one co-worker made it easier for me to let the job go. I loved the people I met and stocking new merchandise.
fun workplace and outstanding associates
Area Supervisor (Current Employee), Richmond, KYNovember 4, 2013
Pros: great customer service experience, great deals on clothing.
Cons: not much room to advance and move up. work a lot of weekends, with little to no time off on those days.
Love the customers I work with as well as my fellow employees. Belk just doesn't have much room to grow. It's all about who you know and not how hard you work at least in certain regions and stores.
Very fast paced which makes the day go by faster.
It's just a job
Coach Specialist, Winston (Current Employee), Salem, NCAugust 28, 2013
Cons: scheduling system, favoritism with schedules
Sales oriented job with not a lot of freedom. Assigned to areas within departments. Not a lot of 5 star selling opportunities to customers. Obtaining credit applicants commended over selling. A lot of traffic due to it being located in the only mall of the county. Flooded with coupons which it makes it difficult to sale high priced/valued items. Client base is always looking for a discount or a markdown due to coupons circulating every week. Do a lot of standing, not a very challenging work environment. Reminds me of a upscale Walmart. Co-workers are pretentious. Upper management does not have time for peons. The most enjoyable part of the job is leaving for the day.
I worked in the handbag and Accessories Department.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Burlington, NCAugust 13, 2013
Pros: going in early at 6am.
Cons: hours were being cut.
My typical day at work started with opening the registers in the handbag and accessory department. After that we had a 10 minute morning meeting where the sales plan for the day was discussed, the different sales and coupons were also discussed, if we had markdowns to do. Sales to set. Hardest part of the day was trying to set the sales sometimes. Most enjoyable was seeing the new merchandise come in and where to put it.
Sales associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Gaffney, SCJune 15, 2013
Seasonal worker. Operated cash register and greeted customers. Wrapped gifts for customers, and established credit line for customers.
I love it
Operations Team Associate (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VAJune 11, 2013
Pros: my boss
Cons: her replacement
I have learned that I can do more than most people. I have learned some management skills. The hardest part of the job is the customers.
Great Retail experence
Sales Associate (Former Employee), cary ncMay 15, 2013
I loved my managers at Belks they truly cared about their workers. had a great training and my co-workers were all very friendly! we were like a huge family on each floor and department. ths job just interfred with school when I went to college. I loved this job in high school great experience great money and great networking!!!
Great place to work, learn and to develope new skils
Loss Prevention Manager (Former Employee), Thomasville, GAMay 14, 2013
Pros: employee discounts
Cons: breaks
I was very pleased with the oppertunity to show of my skills and to develope a talented team of detective's and lead the region in stats and productivity. Building a great relationship with management only to gain sucess in loss-prevention as a manager, and to become a pacesetter.
Clean and friendly environment to work in. Very nice customers and staff!
Loss Prevention Associate (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALApril 17, 2013
Pros: one hour lunch, got gas money for going to court, running earns etc..
Cons: having a short staff in the loss prevention department
A typical day may consist of checking fitting rooms, looking out for potential safety hazards, doing a bag check of associates at closing time, and watching cameras for potential shoplifters. I learn not to panic and to always keep calm no matter the situation. The management at Belk's was very pleasing and a welcoming experience. The hardest part of my job was having to detain teenagers 13 and 14 years old for shoplifting. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with cameras and technology.
Beautiful place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Snellville, GAMarch 2, 2013
Pros: christmas eve breakfast, lunch and dinner was available for everyone
Cons: partime- breaks were limited to 15 minutes if less than 4 hours
Nice and clean environment. I enjoyed meeting and helping customers with their selections. Management was very knowledgeble about products and services. My co-workers were very friendly and willing to assist me at busy times. The hardest part was standing the entire tour but got use to it before I was laid off. I enjoyed interacting with my co-workers and meeting new friends.