Belk, Inc

Belk, Inc Employer Reviews

Sales
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Flowood, MSAugust 26, 2014
Pros: sales, personal items were very reasaonable.
Cons: long hours, weekends, and holiday.
Sales, and customer service. Opening New accounts, and being very polite.
Pleasant place to work
Sales Floor Associate (Current Employee), Wilmington, NCJuly 24, 2014
I enjoy the atmosphere and type of work. Everyone is pleasant and personable. Work is not difficult, Sometimes very boring. But a good place to work.
Flexible
Commissioned Sales (Current Employee), Greenville, SCJune 6, 2014
Belk was a flexible company to work for, but offered no static schedules. This made planning activities outside of work difficult.
I learned a lot
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Mobile, ALJune 3, 2014
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: salary is low
Good place to get your bearings. Flexible work hours, good management.
Progressive organization that fosters professional growth and increased earining potential
Operations Team Manager (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 23, 2014
Receiving/Processing/Placement Management
 Price Change/Merchandise Return Management
 Safety/Maintenance/House Keeping Management
 Daily/Weekly/Monthly Workload Planning
 Staff Development/Recruitment & Training
 Non-Selling Support Team Supervision
 Communication Liaison between Corporate Store Operations, General Store Manager
and Sales Team – more... Management.
 Support, Review and Execute Store Internal Audit Process, as related to OTM functions – less
very well oriented place to work
Sales associate (Former Employee), Tupelo, MSMay 7, 2014
Pros: shopping advantages
Cons: short breaks
typical day at work consisted of customer service stocking
Great retail company with solid standards.
Loss Prevention Manager (Current Employee), Sumter, SCApril 6, 2014
Pros: positive work enviroment
Cons: very little to no chance in advancement.
Belk is good at taking care of their Associate as far as rewards, pay, discounts, etc. Management team works together really well and has a family like presence while staying professional. I oversee all Safety and Security so no one knows what I do on a daily basis but the Store Manager and Regional Loss Prevention Manager. I research reports, video – more... and watch live feed to detect any sign of theft or fraud on a daily basis. I oversee all Inventories in planning and execution. Hardest part of the job is the constant changing in my schedule to meet the store needs. I do really enjoy observing the wrong that employees and/or customers do and actually being able to take action on that. What's even better is when I hear when someone I apprehended took that as a life lesson and turned their lives around for the better...that is the greatest award personally. – less
Great learning experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Valdosta, GAMarch 17, 2014
Pros: store discount
Cons: few hours
A typical day at work consists of completing transaction, assisting customers and constant interactions with consumers.I learned the importance of customer service and working at a team to get projects completed. The most enjoyable part of the job would be interacting and assisting customers, while the hardest part would be setting sales.
No Real Complaints
Loss Prevention Agent (Current Employee), Cary, NCFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: retail
I am satisfied over all with my employment at Belk, INC. Management is one of the best I have worked for. Business feels like family and the sales associates show it.
No job security
Purchasing Analyst (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 10, 2014
Not a good place for job security or advancement for contract employee's
fun place to work
Receptionist/Information Clerk (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 24, 2014
it was a sesonal job wish i could of been put on full-time. everyone was easy to get along with
Good benefits and great people
Bridal Consultant (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: pay is not enough to live on
I had a team of very personable and understanding managers. In our store, there was no micro-managing and employees were expected to be self-reliant and competent, which was a welcome change from my previous retail positions.
Above average.
Receiving Associate (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: enjoyable employees
Cons: confusion within management.
I enjoy the workers more than the work itself. It seemed that management lacked continuity most days, regardless, the workers remained in good spirit.
The job also offered a good amount of hours where I could balance, work, school, and personal time and received nice compensation.
Belk is a family oriented work environment and very basic compensation. Relaxed working environment.
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), McDonough, GAJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: dinner and breakfast on holidays work hours
Cons: i never was told whether i could take short breaks, so worked sometimes five hours straight
A typical day at work - Come to work with a positive attitude
What I learned - Customer service is very important
Management was relaxed and they did not breath over you or micromanage employees
Most workers have tenured so they feel like they belong, not a good thing. Most older employees did not treat temporaries with respect.
Hardest part of the – more... job was recovery to restore the store, folding and unfolding
Most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers find what they needed and seeing their gratitude after they you helped them find exactly what they needed. – less
Nice job
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee), Macon, GADecember 26, 2013
Pros: discounts, schedule flexibilty, management.
Cons: benefits and pay
A nice place to work. There job maybe more structure now than it was before. The management team is well trained. I enjoyed the customers and being involved with the public.
Love the job
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Siler City, NCNovember 30, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: pay is a bit low and they are closing the store.
I love the job, enjoy my co-workers and management. Nice atmosphere.
A pleasant place to work with excellent benefits.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Russellville, ARNovember 20, 2013
Pros: incentives for registering new belk cardholders
Cons: varying hours week to week
I enjoyed working with a wide variety of coworkers as well as guests. The store stayed busy so days went by quickly. Management was always helpful and friendly and offered great employee incentives for things such as getting customers to apply for store credit cards. Hours were never consistent and I wish I had had a more reliable schedule with a set – more... number of hours each week but I enjoyed the work I did and dealing with the store managers. They were very approacable and helpful. – less
Rock the Dock!
Receiving Associate - OTA (Current Employee), Columbia, SCNovember 20, 2013
Pros: you will know first hand what is in stock.
Cons: not enough scheduled hours for the job needy!
Belk has implimented a system of quickly processing new merchandise to the sales floor. This system would work if there were enough man hours allocated to get the total job done.
Fun workplace with great team players
Sales Team Manager (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 12, 2013
Pros: team work, people, discounts
Cons: work life balance
A typical day at work is coaching and developing associates to be successful. I have learned valuable information that has being helpful in allowing me to be successful in achieving sales goals throughout my departments of responsibilities. Management can be challenging if you don't have a specific management style in relating to people. My co-workers – more... are great and are also great with team-work. The hardest part of the job is not letting emotions interfere when it comes to the need of the business. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to make a difference with style. – less
Low pay
Business Manager, Origins (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 29, 2013
I stopped working here and went to work for Nordstroms doing the same job and nearly tripled my earnings. I did not have great esperiences with management here.

1 2 3