Belk Employee Reviews

Supportive place to work
Loss and Prevention Agent (Current Employee) –  Biloxi, MSDecember 10, 2017
Working for Belk is a great place to work. The management has been very supportive as I trained for my current position. My Co- Workers are great to work with.
A great retail workplace. Pride, passion and work ethic will go far.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKDecember 8, 2017
A company focused on delivering resutls through it's associates. Meet or exceed metic goal expectations. Recognize and celebrate success daily of customer service and sales behaviors.
Pros
Great place to work. Friendly workplace.
Cons
Hour extended hours.
Nice place to work
RPA Developer (Current Employee) –  Mecklenburg County, NCDecember 6, 2017
Nice place to work. Colleagues and management are really friendly and easy going. Process wise it's tough. After it's acquisition lot of layoffs happened.
Pros
Cons
Mangement
Contract Employee
HRIS Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 6, 2017
I was a contract employee and enjoyed my time at Belk. I worked in the main office in Charlotte, NC and enjoyed my time there. They are very honest about contract work and fair between all employees no matter the status. Good place to work.
Pros
Discounts and confirtable work enviorment
Cons
I was only their for contract work
Nice retail job
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 5, 2017
Setting up displays inside building, receiving merchandise, helping customers when coming into store, cleaning up dock area, help me work with people with give you great experience in customer service
Pros
Being able to help customers and coworkers
Cons
Little hours
Good training programs and great engineering team
Industrial Engineer (Former Employee) –  Jonesville, SCDecember 5, 2017
Great company to work with.
Great management team.
Excesive micro management
Office personel has to undergo security when entering and leaving the premises, which is not customary in a professional environment.
Pros
Great training provided as need be. Great engineering team
Productive work place.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, GADecember 5, 2017
My typical day consisted of recovering my work area until a customer came, I learned how to work with a team. Belk benefited me way more than it hindered me.
great place
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Waycross, GADecember 3, 2017
A very great place to work nice people an environment. Great managers an wonderful team work. Itink that belks is one of the best olaces I have ever worked.
I had no problems
Belk Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 3, 2017
I loved working for this company. It was very unfortunate that I had to leave. I loved every co worker there and my manager was even kind and understanding.
can be stressful sometimes
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 2, 2017
worked full time hours but not getting full time pay as a part time worker never got a raise for good performance and hard work always got looked over as a hard worker.
Pros
n/a
Cons
short breaks

Want to know more about Belk?

Ask a question
A really great Place to work.
Dock processing lead (Current Employee) –  Ashland, KYNovember 30, 2017
I love working at belk. The staff is nice. You always have the opportunity to advance in your career here. We have alot of activities away from work.
Pros
Employee discounts, receive recognition, have outings away from work, lots of fun, it's like family away from home
Productive and Fun Working
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALNovember 30, 2017
I loved working at Belks. I enjoyed my co workers. The job was demanding but easy going. I got a chance to meet new people. I got to help customers. I loved that I was able to be a stylist to the customers.
Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCNovember 29, 2017
I loved working in retail but not for Belk. I loved the way the store manager ran the store. It just wasn't any growth there. Its just a starters job.
Everyday was a busy day
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLNovember 28, 2017
There are people that work there that are nice and friendly. Everyday is busy and when you think that you can relax, you can't because there is something always that needs to be done. There are some managers there that are willing to help their employees and they are willing to take the time to sit down and talk to you about what is going on at work. When you first start working at Belk after your 90 days probation, you don't get a raise on you paycheck. If you are a Part-time employee, you don't get any sick pay hours and you don't get any vacation hours. As a part-time employee, you only get (maybe) 25 hours or less depending on who is your department manager. Make sure you make all your sales goal, get all your credit card goals, and make sure you ask customers for their phone numbers and e-mails and then log those information in the computer system; because those count toward your yearly paycheck raise.
Awful Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boone, NCNovember 27, 2017
The store manager is an awful person, and is miserable to be around. She has no sympathy, and will not help you get a shift covered if an emergency comes up. She doesn't give her employees the discount cards required to get the employee discount at other locations. I would rather be unemployed than ever work under her again.
Pros
20%-40% discount
Stressful
Shoe Department Sales Associate, Part Time (Former Employee) –  Destin, FLNovember 27, 2017
Management was poor, training was vague and almost non existent. I was expected to work in another department and just thrown in there without any training. Clientele was snooty and mostly obnoxious. I was almost always having to stay past my scheduled hours. You were never allowed a 10- 15 min break.
My department manager was almost always in a bad mood, and stressed out.
Pros
liked my coworkers
Cons
short breaks, clientele, management, training
Work
Sales team manager (Former Employee) –  Boone, NCNovember 27, 2017
I loved all the Associates that I encountered while working at Bellk. The workplace environment had a lot to be desired. The new management ruled with fear and intimidation. She would begin each morning meeting with a positive quote but if she could not control you she would call you into her office and yell or intimidate you or threaten to write you up enough times so she could fire you.
Field teams are understaffed & underappreciated
Manager (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaNovember 27, 2017
Overall pay and benefits are excellent and there are many great associates and managers. Company will discriminate (at the beginning or eventually) if you are not a diverse or female associate. Culture at store level is to do more with less every year and field teams are always trying to keep ahead of the demands. Corporate has a few (out of 4,000) that appreciate / understand what's happening at store level but most don't. If you have high standards of presentation, service, and overall excellence you and your teams will work at least six long days a week.For example, store management team usually puts in a 100 hour work week prior to a visit by corporate.
Belk use to be an amazing place to work. New management at corporate and store level has changed from one of customer comes first to operations focus.
Sales Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Land O' Lakes, FLNovember 27, 2017
Pros
Discount, return customers
Cons
Long hours, lack of balance for personal vs. work life.
Great
Merchandising Associate (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GANovember 23, 2017
Great place to work at. The management is amazing and always make sure you're taken care of. The starting pay is good for a retail job and you always have the ability to move up.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Belk. Our community is ready to answer.