Belk Employee Reviews

productive day
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Hoover, ALAugust 27, 2015
making sure you know where everything goes, making sure new merchandise is out, making sure you greet everybody,and just have fun.
Expect too much, not appreciated for anything
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Denham Springs, LAAugust 26, 2015
You have a goal in sales, credit apps, and item locaters. If you don't get your numbers shame on you, and you get a pay cut. You can bust your butt all day doing tasks and never be appreciated. But someone who is crabby and hogs a register gets praised because they have their numbers, yet did nothing productive all day.
it is a nice job.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Winter Haven, FLAugust 23, 2015
I enjoyed working there and the customer service I can give it. Fun place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but it is a big company.
Belk is a good retailer to work for because you have the ability to move up.
SALES TEAM MANAGER (Former Employee), Easley, SCAugust 23, 2015
Belk likes to move up their associates as quickly as possible. If they show good leadership skills, are making their goals, and really enjoy their job, they can go into a leadership program and excel within the company. It is a position in which you must be driven and flexible.
Nice place if your retired and really dont need any money.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VAAugust 23, 2015
Pros: Get to be around clothing and jewelry!
Cons: No hours hardly
I really liked the atmosphere, the people there i worked with were nice and down to earth. I really enjoyed working there but i mean what is 10 hours for one week? They would always call me on my days off to come in. which i didnt mind but why not give me some hours from the start?? Easy money your not doing much. You wont make much money here so this is good if you are a high school kid or if you are retired. Not enough stable income for me.
N/A
Sales Team Manager Development Program (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNAugust 22, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: N/A
It is a great company to work for. They offer good benefits and compensation. They offer many opportunities to grow with the company and advance.
Not such a great place to work.
Associate (Former Employee), North carolinaAugust 22, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people
Cons: Nagging customers for private information
Must get so many credit card applications, must get customer phone numbers, emails...then if you don't make quota...bad employee. Reviews based on info that you have no control over..instead of good customer service. There are cranky unhappy miserable employees that are treated like star associates just because they get credit apps, phone and email capture. Upper, upper management not so great at store level. Management has their favorites. Very difficult to get conflict issues resolved with ASMs.
Great work place
Sales Team Manager (Former Employee), Moreahead city, NCAugust 21, 2015
Sometimes being a sales associate works well especially when management is trying to get you promoted. If you work hard and make a good impression then you can move up fairly fast.
Productive work enviroment
Truck Sales rep Associate (Former Employee), Lady Lake, FLAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Events we get free lunches
Cons: get benefits
Upbeat enviroment, alway something to do, dealing with costumer on a daily bases, it was a pleasure to work for and with others at Belk.
productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Columbia, SCAugust 17, 2015
work was enjoyable and fun. i enjoyed working with my coworkers and i enjoyed interacting with customers. Management was amazing and they worked with me while i was in school
High Demand, but pleasnant work enviorment
Sales Associate/ Bridal Specialist (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALAugust 15, 2015
Pros: Meet new and interesting people daily and develop relationships that bring them back for more
Cons: Hours
Customer Service and sales with the expected highest level of customer satisfaction, time management and high multitasking abilities, friendly attitude and smile to match. My job has provided me with knowledge and understanding of patience in a high stress environment. The dept which I work in is one example, it has a hard time maintaining management staff. I have in such times stepped up to take on those responsibilities until a manger was hired in and helped to assist the new manger where needed. I have worked with some wonderful people in the past but some of fellow associates really do make the job worth going in to work everyday. I'd say the hardest part of my job is the hours. I am a single mother and retail work requires some extremely flexible hours which does not allow for spending very much quality time with my boys or to finish my education. What I love most about my job though is the customers and the relationship I have developed with them over the years
Fun Productive
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Williamsburg, VAAugust 15, 2015
Great Place to work, Productive and you meet alot of diffrent people and the customers are great. Cowworkers are friendly and easy to get along with.
Belk
Operations (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNAugust 13, 2015
If waking up early is not your forte then it can be tough but you have your whole day and night pretty much. Communication between employees and management needs improvement.
Belk
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Bossier City, LAAugust 12, 2015
Loved it. It is a great place to work with wonderful people. If you love to work hard and always have a new task this is the place for you.
barely any hours and high expectations
sales associate (Former Employee), Goldsboro, ncAugust 11, 2015
the overall environment is ok but the expectations put on you to make sales, get credit applications, item locators, etc. is overwhelming. Especially when you're barely making ends meet because they give out few hours. Some of the associates are really nice and helpful while others are sneaky and will steal sales given the opportunity. Which affects you because when they give you your evaluation they can decrease your pay if you don't meet sales.
The managers are ok and helpful but the others are just looking out for themselves. So overall if you're in school or jus need a second job do not apply.
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Savannah, GAAugust 11, 2015
Pros: assocaite relations
Cons: need more hours
Productive and fun place to work Reward hard work and blessed to be working there. enjoy meeting the customers and delighted by the good quality of merchandise and them working to come into modern computer times.
okay place
Shoe Specialist (Former Employee), Easley, SCAugust 11, 2015
Belk was an okay place to work. The pay was terrible, the staff was nice, management wasn't too bad although once the store manager left and we got a new manager everything went downhill.
Very fun, fast pace job
operation associate (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Wonderful managment, fast pace, starts early ends early
Cons: No major cons
This is a great job for College Students. It is fast pace, lots of things to do, great pay and benefits.
A typical day would consist of coming is at 6 am, working before the store opens and finishing after the store opens at 3 pm the day is over. This job is where I learned most of my clinical work. After being on the floor for hours, I would go to the back and file paper work, and complete other various office work. The managers were very encouraging and inspiring, they always push you to do better. My co-workers were decent people, doing the same as I. Battling work, school, and other general duties that must be complete. The hardest part of the job is dealing with different attitudes. The most enjoyable part of the job is having parties. This job love to celebrate different things and cater to the belk family.
Enjoyable working environment.
Operations Associate (Current Employee), Snellville, GAAugust 8, 2015
Pros: na
Cons: na
work environment is very pleasant and currently enjoy the associates I work with. manager and associate relations are somewhat strained with current workload vs required break times. 6 hr shifts with strained approval for a break. not too many happy campers. a similar disagreement in the requirements for the annual "pacesetter" in the dept. it reveals a popularity contest between associate and mgt.
Great experience not so great overall experience
Counter Manager (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALAugust 7, 2015
I learned a great deal about the retail industry to know I can do the job but not fond of doing so. No quality of life, you work from home on your off days, I've been known to work past my paid hours to make numbers and to find that it wasn't appreciated and they just wanted more.