Bell Helicopter Employee Reviews

Found it to be toxic on a good day
Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Hurst, TXJune 13, 2017
Learned would never work there again or recommend it to anyone. Poor communication and toxic environment. Supervisors were in constant crisis mode from poor direction.
I enjoyed working here
Mechanic Technician (Former Employee) –  Ozark, ALJune 3, 2017
Never had a issue working here. If given the chance you should too. Nice place to learn as a apprentice then go somewhere else or make a career out of it.
Can only speak of the Legal Dept
Manager, Global Trade Compliance (GTC) (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 25, 2017
General Counsel has little to do so he makes a practice of checking time cards, gate entry and exit, and picking an employee to harass, report, and place on Performance Improvement Plan. The goal is to encourage employee to quit without severance pay.
Pros
Prestigious Company Name
Cons
Legal and Contracts Departments are a swamp
Interesting company to assist military
Administrative Assistant for Parts Department (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMay 22, 2017
I enjoyed the fast paced work load. The overall company is such an interesting place to work and be a part of building aircraft for the military. I learned so much about the military and also how the aircraft is built and the safety of building these planes. I enjoyed working with the employees and seeing the teamwork in preparing these planes.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of advancement
Overall my experience with Bell Helicopter was very rewarding.
Production Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMay 19, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my experience at Bell Helicopter. As a college student, the internship at Bell taught me very valuable skills that have and will transition to any job I may have in the future.
Union employee's were not preferred
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXMay 19, 2017
Management was not in favor of union employee's in The Procurement group, which included the Buyer's. The union had
to many restriction for Management.
Pros
No overtime
Cons
30 min lunch.
Worked as a contractor.
Production Engineer/Planner (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMay 9, 2017
The company needs to focus more on retaining good people even if they do not have a degree. To let someone go with 4 years of experience on their systems seems counter productive.
Very production place to work.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ozark, ALApril 23, 2017
As with many aviation jobs the deadlines dictate your work schedule. I would recommend this company to anyone that has the opportunity to work here. One of the best work culture's in aviation. Safety is their highest priority and they are very competitive with every aviation company in the U.S. plus they make some of the best military helicopters in service.
Pros
Great benefits and pay
Cons
Alot of overtime and tight deadlines
Electrical Assembler (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXApril 6, 2017
Bell helicopter in amarillo is a good place to work. Maintenance is paced well. I feel that there is a "good old boy" system at work there, as is can be very difficult to get certain jobs, even when you are more than qualified for them.
Very collaborative and professional environment
Associate Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXApril 4, 2017
Team oriented environment. Loving and loyal people that encourage and promote excellence. Always striving to be better and do better. Stays one step ahead of the competition.
Pros
Loving and loyal
Cons
Archaic building
Desktop and network support
SR Network and Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Piney Flats, TNMarch 29, 2017
Great job large work environment and gave me room to grow. The work place was bumping with people who were always happy to be there. The job gave me opportunity to grown and learn in multiple ways.
Great start to a career
Procurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMarch 22, 2017
Great work environment, friendly co workers. Job is a little stressfull, but what job isn't. Not too many opportunities to move up in Amarillo although there is in different locations of the company.

On a daily basis the procurement specialist has to ensure the procurement of parts for thier commodity while providing excellent service to suppliers.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Stress
Quality control inspector (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 20, 2017
when I started working there in 1996 it was a great place to work it was a family oriented company and as the years went by it got worst its not a good place to work now I got out of the union and they railroaded me out of the company
Pros
Cons
everything
dog eat dog
Engineering Technician III (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 10, 2017
Assigning blame is the culture, not fixing problems. Same problems they had 20 years ago are still there. No one will give a solution because if they are wrong they will get fired.
Company's success begings with me
COMPLIANCE ANALYST/AUDITOR (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXMarch 7, 2017
Everyday is a different day, this is what makes it great to work for a company that challenges you. The training, hands on projects and the leadership teams guide you every step of the way.
Pros
Cons
Health insurance not so great
Bell Helicopter Manufacturing
Plater (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TX, Grand Prairie txMarch 4, 2017
Nice place to work with good money and good benefits but it sucks I've been laid off 2 times in the last 2 years and I was surprised both times. Management out there sucks they don't know what they are doing fresh out of college. Also you have hard working people out there who actually work and then you have those who work only when they want to and expect to work overtime when they should not be allowed. Our new CEO was supposed to be brining work back to the US but apparently is not in any hurry.
Pros
Good money, good benefits, and vacation
Cons
Horrible management, Ceo, keeps laying off, seniority issues
Great Company
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 1, 2017
This employer provided a very satisfying work environment with an interesting product line and challenging assignments. Good place to work. People are very professional.
Pros
Good work environment with great benefits
Cons
Commercial Helicopter Business is flat
Loved Working Here
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXFebruary 27, 2017
BWXT was a great place to work! They no longer manage this contract and they are missed. I made life long friends while working in this environment.
Nice place to work
Design Engineer Air Frame / Electrical (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 14, 2017
Wire Harness / Cable design and installation

Work was interesting and challenging. The pay was good, friendly people good work atmosphere. Clean office environment.
Bell Helicopter provides a great product and service.
Flight Engineer Specialist (Current Employee) –  Amarillo TexasFebruary 8, 2017
I am very happy with Bell Helicopter Textron. We make products that provide a means to get the jobs done. Our customer service is industry leading for the last 22 years, our customer really does come first.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bell Helicopter. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9