Bell Helicopter

Bell Helicopter Employer Reviews

Productive and High Paced
Customer Support Sales and Service Manager (Former Employee), Roanoke, TXDecember 15, 2014
Support Customer Sales and Service for our Aftermarket customer
A good place to work.
Quality Bonding Inspector (Former Employee), Hurst, texasDecember 12, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: shift work
8 hour shift
Teamwork.
Pushes product.
Co-workers are generally a good bunch of people.
Hardest part is dealing with shift work.
Most enjoyable was the interaction with other employees and the pride in building Bell Helicopter parts.
Overall good company that is dealing with tough management decisions to help reduce costs to be more competitive in the commercial market.
Manager, Enterprise Planning (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXDecember 11, 2014
Pros: satisfaction that productions save lives and protect our freedom.
Cons: economy drives bell's profitability.
Bell, like many companies today, is trying to expand business by introducing new products (helicopters) while reducing cost. Their helicopters are known around the world for dependability and reliability. Products are both military and commercial.

Bell is focusing on new college graduations and military veterans as a new employee pool to help replace – more... its aging work force. It tends to promote from within as the first choice, so those employees that excel at their job have a good opportunity for advancement. As a manufacturing and assembly company, Bell is very process oriented and requires high compliance to same to ensure quality products.

It provides good salaries and health benefits. – less
Good company, bad management
Manufacturing Operations Specialist/Req. Analyst (Former Employee), Hurst, TXDecember 10, 2014
Bell has a very good reputation for their products.
Management does not manage the company well.
N/A
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee), Hurst, TXDecember 8, 2014
Great work/life balance. Ups and down in the aerospace world, overall great place.
Very qualified management and engineering personnel.
Senior Avionic Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Hurst, TXNovember 14, 2014
Pros: very qualified engineers and co-workers.
Cons: most engineers are assigned to small cubicals.
• Excellent company to work for.
• Qualified company management.
• Very qualified/capable co-workers.
• Extremely fair with annual appraisal and salary adjustments.
Only if you are desperate for work.
Material Processor A (Former Employee), Hurst, TXNovember 6, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits. progression raises.
Cons: coworkers petty selfishness, management style, slow or no chance for advancement unless you are one of the 'good ole boys'.
A typical day at work was wondering if I would have a job much longer. I learned nothing in the three years I worked there. Management is 50's style. Co-workers, a few nice ones but most were selfish and territorial. There was nothing too difficult for me to handle. I was ignored most of the time. They tried to keep me painted into a corner where I – more... had no freedom of movement and no say in how things were done. I never got any help from management with questions or suggestions - just back talk or the runaround.
The only good things about working there were the pay and benefits. Those were the only two things that kept me from leaving. – less
Good place to work with good benefits
V-22/H-1/OH-58 Flight Inspector (Former Employee), Amarillo, TxOctober 29, 2014
Bell Helicopter is a good place to work and has good benefits.
Very hostile work enviroment
V22 Flight Electrician (Former Employee), Amarillo, TzOctober 28, 2014
Pros: good pay, fellow co-workers all share similar backgrounds.
Cons: poor vacation program, no job security.
As a flight electrician you are required to operate and repair any electronic/airframe problems that arise when supporting the flight schedule.

Hostile work environment, brought about by overworked and hostile supervisors. Your job was constantly held over your head if any complaints were brought forth.
great pay and benifits
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXOctober 23, 2014
Pros: high pay
Cons: would rather have a degreed person instead of actual experience
bst place i ever worked for, good pay, work envitoment, and decent management.
Bell Helicopter
Composite Technician (Former Employee), Amarillo TxOctober 22, 2014
Bell Helicopter is a good job. I learned a lot about aircraft assembly.
very productive and life changing good
QUALITY CONTROL INSPECTOR (Former Employee), Hurst, TexasOctober 20, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: expectations
I love working with my hands on maintenance, and enjoy working and meeting new Friends and co-works. I always enjoy learning new things and teaching others our craft. The HARDEST PART of our work is dealing with the delays due to parts procurement and technical problems. I don't know everything, but I know enough too not get over excited when thing – more... go wrong. Time and patience can resolve any difficulty. – less
Great place to work.
Material Dispatcher (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXOctober 20, 2014
Pros: great company.
Cons: military contracts determine job logevity.
Fast pace manufacturing for verticle lift aircraft. Great enjoyment on helping to build the V22 for our service men and women.
High stress with good pay.
Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee), Fort Worth TXOctober 20, 2014
High stress with good pay and benefits. Enjoyed co-workers and found very knowledgeable people throughout the company.
productive place to work for.
material bonder A (Former Employee), Hurst, TXOctober 16, 2014
productive and fun workplace , co-workers were very friendly.
Nice people to work with
IT (Former Employee), Hurst, TXOctober 14, 2014
Pros: talented, dedicated work staff
Cons: layoffs, poor management, terrible insight into future markets.
Bell used to be a very nice place to work as evidenced by the number of people who had 20+ years of service with the company. However, they have done a very poor job of adjusting to government cuts and now find themselves having to cut some of these seasoned, talented people and overworking the current staff. There was a term back in the '80s that described – more... companies who overworked and underpaid people..It was called a 'Sweatshop'....That is what Bell Helicopter has become. If the government contracts don't come back, I see a long road ahead for Bell because they have no place to turn but to commercial markets and they are way behind the competition. – less
Great experience and team
Senior Test Specialist (Former Employee), Hurst, TXOctober 11, 2014
Pros: great experience and team
Cons: time constraints
My typical 8-hour work day began with morning status meetings with management, and then proceeding-on with my scheduled calibrations.

My experience taught me effective, efficient methods to performing calibrations.

My coworkers and I worked well as team. I was fortunate to work with members who were attuned to everyone's strengths; there was no competitive – more... nature. It was pleasant that we were all "on the same page" with regard to the goals and objectives -- something that we were reminded of daily to remain focused on the tasks at hand.

The hardest part of the position was balancing management expectations within time constraints. This taught me, however, to be more effective with time management and have an open dialogue with management about priorities.

The most enjoyable part of the job with Bell was a combination of doing the job that I felt confident in alongside with a competent team. I actually enjoyed the mechanics of calibration. – less
It was a great place to work.
Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXOctober 9, 2014
Pros: schedules raise. exlant work condotion.
Cons: job security is based on defence contracts.
Very good place to work. competitive compensation and benefits.
Productive and exciting place to work.
Material Dispatcher (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXOctober 8, 2014
Pros: safe and clean work enviroment
Cons: layoffs often
Being part of a team. Supplying tools for manufacturing and watching them build the aircraft.
Productive and clean workplace
ASSEMBLY ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee), Amarillo TexasOctober 7, 2014
Pros: great environment, clean work area
Cons: excessive parts shortages
A day starts with a beginning of shift meeting with your team, leads and supervisor. Then you labor onto your project that you are assigned to. All tools and equipment are provided to you. Safety is a big deal at Bell and they provide anything that is needed for on and off job safety. labor tracking is also a big thing as well.

1 2 3 4 5

About Bell Helicopter

Bell Helicopter, a Textron company, prefers a light lift and a heavy payload. It is a leading manufacturer of commercial helicopters, – Read more

Bell Helicopter Photos