Bell Helicopter

Bell Helicopter Employee Reviews

Mission of work exciting
Ultrasonic inspector (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TexasJune 28, 2015
Knowing that I am supporting the war fighter by inspecting and returning aircraft components to them is exciting and the most enjoyable part of the job. My co-workers were a great source of knowledge and we work well together.

Terrible workplace
External Loads Analyst (Former Employee), Hurst, TXJune 27, 2015
The atmosphere around Bell is detrimental. The management is fairly pessimistic and disjointed. There is no direction. And that is currently showing with all of the recent layoffs.
Industry Cycle
Mgr. ERP Systems & Tools & Master Black Belt (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 26, 2015
Pros: Great products, longevity of company and lots of opportunities with other Textron BU's
Cons: Younger workforce not experienced in how the business runs and have an attitude they know it all, which in turn costs the company time and money
The Aerospace industry is cyclical in nature and in order to maintain a competitive advantage Bell had to invest into modernizing the way they did business, which led to significant changes and investment. But this allowed my team to shine due to the nature of what we knew and our experience with the business. So, we were able to provide custom solutions to provide efficiencies and improvements that augment and enhance SAP & CAMS which are the Tier 1 solutions.
Was very productive at first
Avionics Technician and Wireshop (Former Employee), Bell Helicopter Ozark, AlabamaJune 25, 2015
Was very productive and well managed at first. Eventually lost management and direction. There was too much paperwork choking production. Some employees were shown favor over others. Support from mother Bell was hard to come by later on. Employees eventually terminated for lack of company foresight.
Loved my work
Engineer (Former Employee), Hurst, TXJune 24, 2015
Pros: the cool work i did
Cons: Goverment contracts
I just wish it was not all about government contract. it was exciting working on the aircrafts I worked on flying in them. I was excited to see the V-22 fly
Overall good Company
Design Principal/Lofter/Toolmaker (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 22, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Unstability of industry overall
Enjoyed my years there. Good benefits, good pay. I gained alot of skills.
the most enjoyable part was being able to cross train over the years and gain multiple skills.
Good
Procurement Specialist II (Current Employee), Amarillo, TexasJune 18, 2015
Pros: Positive Work Home balance
Cons: Forecasted demand for parts shifts daily
Bell Helicopter is a healthy company with a bright future. I hope to see many others contribute to the positive culture at Bell.
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Senior Resource Analyst (Current Employee), Hurst TexasJune 15, 2015
Pros: Early starting hours, on site cafateria and company store
Cons: Short Lunch Hours, consolidated holidays
Fast paced environment with plenty of challenges. Working closely with Military customers to see resolution of keeping aircraft in the air.
Challenging
Mechanical Engineering Technician (Current Employee), fort worth texasJune 11, 2015
Most enjoyable part of working at bell helicopter is the challenging work on a daily basis. Most of the people are trustworthy and a pleasure to work with
Supportive Staff and Flexible Work Hours
Procurement Specialist I (Current Employee), Amarillo, TXJune 10, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours, wonderful co-workers
Cons: Job Security
Standard hours of work are 7 am - 3:30 pm. Flexible work hours and ability to work from anywhere are a plus.
Direct management is supportive and understanding but executives do not understand day to day operations.
Co-workers are fun, hard-working, and supportive.
There is little to no job security at this time due to market of aviation industry.
Good Place
Manufacturing Engineer (Planning) (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXJune 9, 2015
It was a good place to work and good people. The management was great to work with and good place to learn. Good place to learn.
Enjoyed working aviation community
Supply Management Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 7, 2015
Pros: The mfg facility is air conditioned.
Cons: Good old boy invironment alive and well.
I find there is a culture of good old boy for advancement. They tend to select a group to groom that in my opinion have done absolutely nothing at the lower position but create power point presentation. They basically are good presenters.
Bell Helicopter Ozark
Avionics Lead Technician (Current Employee), Ozark ALJune 6, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: CYA
poor management decision making and planning. employee moral extremely low. Bell Helicopter has no consideration for hourly employees.
Job Security tied to Military Budget
Sr. Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Hurst, TXJune 5, 2015
Pros: Pay, Benefits
Cons: Rising Healthcare costs
Used to be a good place to work for, but that has declined. Raises have become laughable even with good performance reviews.
Enjoyed working with government customers.
Deputy /Supportability Engineer and Amarillo Lead (Former Employee), Hurst, TXJune 4, 2015
Participated in numerous design reviews. Provided production and manufacturing employees with guidance on usage of laptop manual procedures. As team lead of 7 employees to train employees on our production line I coordinated with all Manager and Supervisors to ensure there employees were properly trained on usage of our laptop manual. Supported all design IPT's with sustainment concerns or impacts to our engineering designs and fleet (Marine Corps and Air Force) maintenance users.
Union based aerospace company
Gear Cut/Grind (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 2, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Union
My job at Bell Helicopter was to set up, program, and operate gear cut/grind machines. Work with engineering to create new programs for developmental parts and management to adhere to schedules and deadlines.
Management was great when we worked with management that had experience in machining work and understood the processes that we dealt with on a daily basis.
Working in a union based shop had its ups and downs. Some workers cared deeply for the job and trade while others used the union as a crutch.
The hardest part of my job was dealing with management being pressured to be hard on union workers.
The most enjoyable part of my job, though we were a production company, was being able to use my skills to develop new programs and help with processes of new parts.
Bell Helicopter is Very Professional
Sr. Industrial Engineer (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 1, 2015
Pros: Smart engineers and nice co-workers
Cons: laying off too many people
I worked a six month contract for almost three years at a supplier's site and loved every minute of it! Of course, I was working remotely, 1200 miles away from the mother ship, so I didn't have to put up with all the sniping that goes on in any office environment.

I would love to work direct for Bell at any site. I found that companies with government contracts have a more professional caliber of employees who are expected to know their jobs and execute them well. This was definitely the case with Bell.
Best job I have had to date
Production/Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXMay 29, 2015
I meshed well with the culture of Bell, I did not agree with all the corporate decisions for layoff and the schedule was very demanding. Amarillo is the best site they have and the people were great to work with. I wish they worked harder to retain talent.
Not a good environment
Sr. Accountant/Accountant/Accounts Payable (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TexasMay 26, 2015
Pros: Great Salary
Cons: Not Enjoyable
Morale stinks, Not a friendly environment, Don't go there expecting to gain friends. The hardest part of the job is being micro managed. The job use to be enjoyable but no longer is
Bell pays really well and had very good benifits
Senior Accountant (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 26, 2015
Pros: wage
Cons: micro mgt in most departments
I guess it is like most large companies, there is no loyalty to the employees, no respect for the knowledge of the past. Currently it is a revolving door.

1 2 3 4 5

About Bell Helicopter

Bell Helicopter, a Textron company, prefers a light lift and a heavy payload. It is a leading manufacturer of commercial helicopters, – Read more

Bell Helicopter Salaries