The Analytical Chemist is primarily responsible for performing laboratory tests, including GC-MS, HPLC, and LC-MS/MS analyses, to evaluate and determine levels of physical or chemical contaminants. The Analytical Chemist prepares samples for processing and testing and maintains associated documentation of such processes and testing analyses. These services include testing for microbiological, chemical, and physical specifications as well as product inspection, and production audits and certification. This position will include QC duties half of the time.
- Properly prepares and analyzes samples for analytical testing, as required.
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures and performs quality control procedures to ensure quality of analyses.
- Sets-up, calibrates, validates, maintains, and operates laboratory equipment and instrumentation, including GC-MS and HPLC.
- Calibrates laboratory instruments to specified technical requirements
- Performs analytical testing using industry standard methods, internal SOP along with methods developed in-house.
- Assists in method development and/or validation.
- Ensures equipment and laboratory areas are clean, organized, and maintained in a state of audit-readiness at all times.
- Participates and promotes continuous improvement efforts within the laboratory functions and operations.
- Accurately record and review laboratory data and documentation according to SOP’s and cGMP.
- Investigate and report all non-conformance findings to Management; Trace a quality issue through internal company processes to identify the root cause and possible solutions
- Act as a technical resource/back up to the Quality Manager
- Maintain, file, and archive all quality and process related documents, both in hard copy and electronic.
- Communicate quality issues and concerns immediately with all relevant personnel to achieve timely and effective results.
- Take (microbiological) samples and perform tests on those samples.
- Make microbiological media
- Inspect finished product
- QC inspections on the filling room floor.
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in Chemistry
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of chromatography and analytical chemistry testing experience preferred within a health and beauty-related laboratory environment.
- Must have direct personal care-related testing experience utilizing methodologies applicable to FDA,USP, and other closely related techniques and methodologies.
- The Analytical Chemist must bring a high level of professionalism in performing a broad range of analytical duties and assignments in a full-functioning capacity.
- Solid analytical skills are essential to successfully complete required testing and interpretation and in conducting various GC-MS and HPLC.
- Responsible for expansion of method development, laboratory capabilities, and managing form control documentation.
- The position has the responsibility to support laboratory management in the implementation, maintenance, and improvement of the laboratory management systems.
- Ability of communicate effectively in both oral and written forms.
- Ability to gather and review resources and select and synthesize data for reports and other written materials.
- Competent in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to assess daily workload, prioritize activities, and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Must possess excellent time management and organizational skills needed to balance multiple projects and changing priorities.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Possess and display a strong sense of urgency and good judgment.
- Must have work schedule flexibility as required, in efforts to effectively deliver timely testing and results generation to meet the demands of Bell’s business and client commit dates.
Indeed - 13 months ago