Production Supervisor Position
SUMMARY: Supervises 2nd shift(3:30pm-12am) production employees in a manufacturing environment; Plans and assigns work meeting safety, quality and delivery goals. Recommend improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedule and coordinate departmental activities to meet schedule attainment, inventory requirements and deliver quality manufactured products.
- Ensure a positive approach to employee relations for all employees. Maintain effective lines of communication with employees, leads and peers. Resolve employee issues through established channels.
- Administer all policies and procedures as established fairly and consistently.
- Lead by example, coach and mentor all assigned employees.
- Monitor cost reductions, such as waste, scrap, damage and rework.
- Maintain time and attendance records.
- Lead the activities of hiring, corrective actions and scheduling of employees in area.
- Manage the successful transition of new products and technology into the production area.
- Balances quality, productivity, safety, and morale to achieve positive results in production area. Works to continuously improve in all areas.
- Manages departmental performance measures, including visual controls and provides regular reports to manager.
- Design and procure tools and equipment
- Support safety initiatives; policies and procedures to ensure plant operations are safe and consistent with company and governmental standards and help reduce accidents and injuries.
- Proficient in word processing, spreadsheets, inventory control applications.
- Minimum two years supervisory experience preferred in a manufacturing setting successfully supervising, leading and training employees
- Must have strong communication skills; ability to interact with individuals at all levels within the organization
- Employee development experience
- Demonstrated project management skills; Must be able to manage multiple tasks and priorities and adapt to changing situations
- Analytical ability is required to gather and summarize data to find solutions to various production problems and prioritize work.
- Must be able to read and interpret production specifications
- High School Diploma required
- Associates degree with concentration in manufacturing or equivalent experience desirable
- Supervisory or leadership training preferred
- Works in a manufacturing environment
- Regularly required to sit, stand (90%), walk, climb and bend about the facility
- Physical exertion required