The responsibility of this position is to collect all pertinent data for quoting and order placement. This position is an important voice to the customer on changes and necessary paperwork, as well as customer service relations.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Gathering the data for quoting accurately to all customers.
- Receiving Purchase Orders and processing according to the customer’s information and specifications.
- Help educate and assist the Outside Sales Reps and/or Management with any issues or problems that arise from customer complaints.
- Responsible for contacting the customer and/or Outside Sales if any additional information is needed or if any issues arise during the quote or ordering process.
- Works with all departments to get customer issues resolved in a timely manner
- In charge of gathering data for Outside Sale Reps for reporting purposes and quoting accuracy.
- Responsible for following up on customer applications, and accurately entering them into the system.
- In charge of filling out Vendor forms for Outside Sales and delegating questions to the correct people for assistance in filling them out correctly, per the layout in the vendor questioner manual.
- Monitors internal reports to be sure all orders are processing correctly.
- Gives ideas and solutions to Management and/or IT to assist with programing efficiencies to make the system better for all users.
- Assists Production and Operations with reporting and processing when necessary.
- Any other responsibilities that is deemed necessary by management
Minimum Requirements is a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with Windows operation required.
- Requires an understanding of math and volumes. Is proficient with basic math and can easily transpose formulas. Familiar with metric and American (or English) Standard systems.
- At least one year of Customer Service experience required.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Planning/organizing - prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans with detailed follow through. Ability to stay on task without direct supervision.
- Communication - demonstrates interpersonal oral communication skills by speaking clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Written communication skills are clearly written with the audience identified and the message defined in an understandable format.
- Proactive Approach to problem solving.
- Understanding of the Utility Pole business
- Creativity – ability to create original and unique ideas and adds value in brainstorming settings. Ability to think out of the box.
- Interpersonal skills – willingness to place cold calls when required. Must have the ability to use interpersonal skills to build rapport and relationships using diplomacy and tact.
- Have the ability to diffuse even high tension situations to drive to a comfortable result.
- Judgment – willingness to make decisions, exhibiting sound and accurate judgment, and makes timely decisions for the end result with limited direction. This would be after the initial training is completed.
- Technical Learning – ability to learn and comprehend new technical skills and knowledge
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- This position will be located in our New Brighton, MN facility.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- The work environment is a virtual environment where customers/employees are spread throughout North America and Canada.