Bell Techlogix Employee Reviews

Recommend
Repair Technician Associate (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, IN 46168April 8, 2017
Good place to work. Environment is relaxed and friendly. Wonderful people to work with. But the management is kind of one sided. They could do better.
Pros
Opportunity to grow in your career.
Cons
Management is always one sided
Great Stepping Stone
End User Computing Employee Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 22, 2017
Pros
Great place to start
Most of the people are nice there

Cons
Job like Shared Supervisor are very fickle
Pay is not very competitive at all
Management can be very Critical
Pros
Great place to start
Cons
Pay is not very competitive at all
A nice introduction to the world of IT
Associate Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 19, 2016
The company is great, and everyone that I've worked with thus far, has been amazing. I enjoy the fast paced environment, and I've learned a lot about the IT field. Great place to get your feet "wet", if you are new to the world of IT.
Pros
The work hours
Cons
The work hours
Low Pay but nice people
Net Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 13, 2016
My manager, and the people I worked with were all quite nice and knowledgeable, but the company had under bid for the contract so we were under paid. The benefits worked out nicely and over all the place was a comfortable place to work.
There Was not very much job security at Bell and the attendance policy was more strict than anywhere i have ever seen
Senior Service desk analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 13, 2016
It was a good entry level job that was able to teach me some things about the work place that any college would not have been able to do. the co-workers were very Pleasant and the management was very nice and understanding when they needed to be. The hardest part of the job was telling the customers when the problem that they had was out of our scope and we would need to send it to a higher tier or different company. The most enjoyable part of the job was the co-workers whom where very knowledgeable and willing to help when needed.
Pros
Work Environment, Co-Workers, Dress Code
Cons
Attendance Policy, Training on Clients
A place to work
Backup Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INNovember 21, 2016
Apply for inspection or technician job position if you want to sit down at work. Average pay, management is poor. Nice people. First shift is very flexible, second shift isn't at all.
Terrible job security topped with a lack of proper training
Helpdesk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 14, 2016
Expects everyone to cover up to 6 different, completely separate client companies, some of which call at all hours of the day and night and clog the phone queues, trains its employees very poorly, and no room for growth. Management was a joke, often pulling employees into long pointless meanings to tell them that they needed to keep their numbers up. Did not listen to numerous complaints about quality of life for their specialists. I recommend staying away from Bell at all costs.
Pros
Within driving distance of a McDonalds
Cons
Pretty much everything else
Steer clear of this place
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INOctober 3, 2016
I would not recommend this job to my worst enemy. They have no job security. And you are micro managed like crazy. If you work there be prepared for very childish behavior from management. At $12 an hour comma you are made to do the work of a $15 an hour job. There is no room for growth and development with the company. You are advised to be at work 15 minutes early, because this is how long it takes for the computers to turn on. I had to go to human resources about a particular manager on more than one occasion for childish antics. Stay away from this place. You have been warned.
Cons
Micro managed, 12 hour shifts short breaks
Good starting place, but management needs to improve
Mobility Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 26, 2016
I have work in Mobility Support and as an Asset Analyst for Bell. I enjoyed the people that I worked with during my tenure there. That being said there are some flaws. The benefits package is not comparable to the market. Plus as far as advancement, the management tends to play favorites. The company must learn to hire managers who will interact with the employees and keep everyone up to speed.
Pros
Good place to start an IT career, pleasant environment
Cons
Management needs to improve, needs better benefits package
A very productive and enjoyable workplace
LEAD TECH (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 9, 2016
Excellent company to work for. Enjoyed working with my fellow employees, providing assistance where needed. Was a team lead overseeing several technicians. Over the years with Bell Techlogix I learned various technical skills in diagnosing and repairing Lenovo laptops and desktops, worked extensively with Active Directory and SCCM by recreating the accounts and imaging them so that they can be re-deployed to the client. The hardest part was meeting the SLA's when extremely busy but managed to meet them. I enjoyed working with everyone within the company.
Pros
Positive work place
Cons
Healthcare insurance was not the best and expensive
Excellent Starting Point
Service Desk (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 28, 2016
Bell Techlogix is a great place to start an IT career. I have been able to start using IT training with network issues, as well as gain more fundamental skills with more common office programs. A variety of ticketing systems being used gives a broad exposure to the different needs of clients and IT Administrators. Exposure to the different ways networks can be set-up and administered has helped me to learn and grow.
The most difficult part of the job, is that while there is room for growth, and it is encouraged, it is also very slow in coming.
Pros
great comprehensive training, solid team support, good knowledge articles
Cons
not enough advancement opportunities
Not worth the headache for the pay
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, INJune 26, 2016
The Elwood staff make more than full time employees. Very unprofessional supervisor / management. HR is also unprofessional in that they don't take employees interest, or suggestions into play. Low employee morale due to micromanagement, short breaks, favoritism, etc. Very little room for advancement since they rarely promote from within. Really no reward system except for yearly reviews without much of an increase. If you advance during a review time, you get no raise.
Pros
Mon-Fri
Cons
30 min unpaid lunch & 2, 15 min breaks that start as soon as you walk from your work area
Like you're always starting a new job.
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 2, 2016
Grueling. The turnover in clients and co-workers makes it difficult to find your footing. You'll be exposed to a lot but not provided the opportunity to really develop marketable skills.
Company over promises and under delivers
Regional Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  ColoradoMay 24, 2016
The company tries to put itself out as being much larger and more capable than it really is. The aspiration is great, but the failure to deliver has cost them a lot of customers.
Pros
Company has big goals
Cons
Company fails to deliver
Enjoyable but no room to grow
Depot Associate (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, INMay 6, 2016
I have been there for eight years and I have learned so much. I can train in any packing area, and I have the knowledge of packing materials creation with Insta-Pak products. I think the hardest part of working at my current location is that I know I am not going to move up. However, it really does have the flexible schedules and time off that they advertise, and this is a good thing.
Pros
Flexible Hours/Time Off
Cons
No room for growth
4 tens with flexible days off
Technician (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INApril 20, 2016
highly regimented work that doesn't allow for any ingenuity as you have to follow a loosely translated flowcharts. trying to explain the technical parts of the job to management is difficult as they are unaware of some of the base aspects of the job details.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
unreachable management
good
PROJECTOR/PRINTER REPAIR TECH (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 7, 2016
excellent,clean and productive environment
printer and projector repair
good managment
friendly co-wokers
assymbling
learning everyday.
Great company to work for, but this assignment was temporary
Assembly/ Production (Former Employee) –  Wichita KsFebruary 26, 2016
I really enjoyed this job. From the first day I arrived, people helped me no matter how little or big the question was I was asking. Working at a company like that makes me want to go to work everyday and do my best. I really enjoyed my time there and wish the assignment could've been permanent.
Pros
Everyone ws willing to help out so that i would learn the correct way to do things.
Cons
This was a temporary position
Enjoyable Work/Less than satisfactory workplace economy
Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INFebruary 23, 2016
As stated in the summary, the work itself is enjoyable. Diagnosing issues and repairing printers and projectors of all kinds is good, productive work. I learned in-depth troubleshooting skills as well as how to manage and improve service procedures to increase quality, efficiency, and production.

Management, however is a different story. It is common in any given workplace to sense a feeling of inferiority to superiors, however, the management employed here seems to actively enforce this mentality.

Since I found the work to be enjoyable, I would say the hardest part of the job is accepting that the well-being of the individual is not a concern for this company. Morale is overall very low throughout the facility.

I enjoyed the challenge of learning new products as well as the friendly environment that exists between coworkers. I enjoy working with my hands, so focusing on the work was always enjoyable for me.
Pros
Good work.
Cons
Very low morale.
Director (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 15, 2016
Bell Techlogix is a great place to work. The leadership team is approachable and open to input from others. It's nice to work for a company where you are treated like an adult and not micro-managed at every turn - but you are expected to do your job. Work/life balance is great! Constantly learning new things about the industry and finding ways to grow personally and professionally.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bell Techlogix. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8