Bellco Credit Union Employee Reviews

Great company
Consumer Lending Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corporate officeMarch 21, 2017
Overall, Bellco offers a great company to work for and they value their employees. I was unlucky to have a manager that did not know what to do with my role, which left me, often times bored. I did try to seek advice for change, but from what I understood, my frustration was shared. I could not afford to stick around, but HR is willing to listen to you and will notice when to make a change.
Pros
Hour long lunches....if you like those, Awesome people, and great training
Disappointing overall
Teller (Current Employee) –  Arvada, COFebruary 6, 2017
Although it is a credit union and better than a comparable job at a bank the pay is still terrible.
They do not pay you a living wage and they expect a great deal from you.
They do random surveys of all your transactions and they demand you get a perfect score with every transaction every time.
They won't pay you a living wage yet say you should be making more with your bonus which is dependent on your referrals and sales.
They expect outrageous things for less than a living wage.
Very hostile environment, poor management.
Financial Specialist (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COOctober 14, 2016
not a team work environment, management focus only on the negative or mistakes, they are not honest, the don't care about employees they just make sure they have somebody to do the job so they don't have to do it.
Member are very nice, they are the best part of the job.
nobody cares about anybody, co-workers go do their job and go home. no team work interaction at all.
Management don't care how hard you work, how often you are early to get your job done even without clock in since overtime is not allowed but if for some reason you are late of miss work for sickness, that counts against you even if you have sick time.
Cons
no breacks just lunch time
Great staff/ Focus on sales not people
Vault/Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 8, 2017
Great staff to work with. Focuses on numbers rather than members. Limited advancement. Laid off half of there back office staff. Building technology to replace the human connections
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Over sales oriented
Disappointed
Financial Specialist (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COFebruary 15, 2017
As much as they say that they would like to have you "grow and advance" with the company, it will only happen if it is on their terms and would benefit them at the time-which has not happened for me or any of my co-workers.
Working- Career vs Job.
Teller (Current Employee) –  Parker, COSeptember 18, 2016
I enjoy helping people with their personal financial life and customer service. I've learned a lot in the financial field over the last two and a half years that also helps me with my personal life. The hardest part of the job was being the front line and having to deal with members that were dissatisfied or angry.
Unstable Work Environment
Loan Coordination Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 6, 2016
I was one of over 150 employees laid off in 2014 when Bellco Credit Union outsourced all the back office jobs to a company in Maryland so I am probably not the best person to write a review on them.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Lay offs
"Clubby" culture and lack of transparency
Credit Card Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 9, 2016
- Overall morale is terribly low

- Executive team is feared, but not respected, by most employees

- There is an employee culture of undermining your colleague(s) to get ahead
Pros
Few Pros
Cons
Unhealthy work culture, below-market salaries, anemic benefits
Stable environment with long term growth
Senior Account (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COMarch 3, 2016
Salary a little low for most accounting positions, but a good benefits package for all employees. Co-workers make it a good environment to be in.
Productive and rewarding
Financial Specialist (Former Employee) –  ColoradoAugust 11, 2015
I worked with Bellco Credit Union for over 3 years, and I would say that it has been one of the best jobs I've had. They have an amazing training team, to ensure you know what you need to do by the time you get into the branch. They offer advancement to those who aim for such. The hardest part of my job was dealing with upset member's (this is anywhere retail though) the best part of my job was dealing with such amazing people from the member's to the fellow employees.
Great members and products
Financial Specialist (Former Employee) –  LakewoodAugust 28, 2015
This is a great organization to work for, but sadly there is some very clear favoritism going on within this company. Work day is longer than most credit unions because Bellco is geared to a big bank mentality. Sadly because of this they have missed the mark of embodying what a credit union should be.
Pros
Wonderful members and work environment
Cons
Not a lot of room for advancement
Really Positive Work Experience!
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver Tech CenterMay 9, 2015
I worked at Bellco for 2+ years. You won't find a better financial institution to work for in Colorado. The pay is excellent, the people are wonderful and there is room for advancement if you work hard. If you are looking for work in the financial services industry, Bellco is a great choice.
Pros
Very supportive management, friendly environment with GREAT people, leader in the credit union landscape, great pay
Sell Sell Sell
Member Services (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COOctober 5, 2015
I only worked for Bellco a short time , however I remember the people being friendly. The did provide tons of coaching and follow up on performance. However it was more about sales than service. Not a lot of advancement.
Pros
Great training program
Cons
no advancement
Fast-paced and productive.
Senior Financial Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COOctober 9, 2014
Engage with existing and new customers with new account set ups and loan approvals.

Best part of my job is customer appreciation and loyalty. Hearing stories of their success hit home.

Ever changing procedures and employee turnover is hard to keep up with.

Intermediate management is extremely supportive and demonstrates great leadership.

Over the course of the years, gained knowledge of loan originations, second product selling, credit building, underwriting, loan processing and disbursing. This pertains to consumer and business lending.

Would like to see more of a competitive spirit from my co-workers. It is rewarding when we all as a team accomplish our branch quotas.
Loved my job and fellow co workers like a family
First Mortgages Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COFebruary 26, 2015
Invoicing, assigning loans, assist in audit every month, overnights, mail, data entry, phones. Team work was vital. Managment had our best interest at heart. Loved my co-workers like a family. Hardest part of my job was having to take breaks or leave my desk. Enjoyable part of my job was every aspect of what I did.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
reports driven and consumer neglected
Teller (Former Employee) –  Englewood COAugust 1, 2014
Preformed very successfully with multiple sales techniques and practices in a strong goal oriented environment. Built on previous knowledge of tellering systems by learning new programs including DNA, T-Magic, and NCI. Assisted with branch operations such as reports, logs, and overall branch balancing. Furthered tellering skills such as maintaining a cash drawer and cash recycler, deposits/withdrawals, ordering checks, loan and credit card payments, transfers, processing miscellaneous negotiable items. Strong team building skills.
Exceptional Company to work for, they strive to make their team the best.
Financial Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COMarch 19, 2014
A typical day at work was working with members face to face on anything they needed when they came into the bank whether it was opening an account, applying for a loan, fixing a problem or even just asking for some financial advice. The management team and co-workers at Bellco Credit Union are very friendly and are there to be your teammates not your enemies. We all lean on eachother in a time of confusion or need, and we always are there to congratulate each other on a job well done. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work with people and help them. Also watching them leave your branch happy with the customer service they received.
Great work environment, with caring poeple and a supportive employer.
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COMay 8, 2012
Working for Bellco was a great experience. I learned a great deal of value within me. They are very appreciative and always willing to help or coach when needed. I have received awards for member service and acknowledgement for working well with others, and doing a great job. they are quick to let you know when you are doing a great job. I always had training to excel myself. They treated me very well as an employee. They have great benefits, and copmensation so sales, and excellence. It was a great place to work for.
Great place to work! Supportive managers, encouraged growth.
Subject Matter Expert (SME) (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COMarch 25, 2015
Bellco was a great place to work. I worked in the call center, it was high volume but our managers always made it fun. We had potlucks, parties with other departments all while working together to assist our members. Management encouraged growth and provided lots of opportunities to grow and learn.
Enjoyable place to work.
Collections Assistant (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CONovember 5, 2012
Print out letters in the cue, process extensions or/ and re-ages for members accounts. Notated proof of insurance on member's accounts. Scanned and indexed documents for several departments within the Collections department. Processed cancellation of warranty and gap requests to dealerships since the members vehicles had been repossessed. Retrieve multiple documents, collated and prepared them to fax to skip companies to recover hidden vehicles. Took incoming calls, transferring to the correct department within Collections. Processed special projects as requested. Good working relationship with both internal and external customers. The most enjoyable portion was completing tasks and assisting each department with their requests.
Pros
good management team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bellco Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.