Bellco Credit Union Employee Reviews

Sell Sell Sell
Member Services (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COOctober 5, 2015
I only worked for Bellco a short time , however I remember the people being friendly. The did provide tons of coaching and follow up on performance. However it was more about sales than service. Not a lot of advancement.
Pros
Great training program
Cons
no advancement
Great members and products
Financial Specialist (Former Employee) –  LakewoodAugust 28, 2015
This is a great organization to work for, but sadly there is some very clear favoritism going on within this company. Work day is longer than most credit unions because Bellco is geared to a big bank mentality. Sadly because of this they have missed the mark of embodying what a credit union should be.
Pros
Wonderful members and work environment
Cons
Not a lot of room for advancement
Productive and rewarding
Financial Specialist (Former Employee) –  ColoradoAugust 11, 2015
I worked with Bellco Credit Union for over 3 years, and I would say that it has been one of the best jobs I've had. They have an amazing training team, to ensure you know what you need to do by the time you get into the branch. They offer advancement to those who aim for such. The hardest part of my job was dealing with upset member's (this is anywhere retail though) the best part of my job was dealing with such amazing people from the member's to the fellow employees.
Really Positive Work Experience!
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver Tech CenterMay 9, 2015
I worked at Bellco for 2+ years. You won't find a better financial institution to work for in Colorado. The pay is excellent, the people are wonderful and there is room for advancement if you work hard. If you are looking for work in the financial services industry, Bellco is a great choice.
Pros
Very supportive management, friendly environment with GREAT people, leader in the credit union landscape, great pay
Great place to work! Supportive managers, encouraged growth.
Subject Matter Expert (SME) (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COMarch 25, 2015
Bellco was a great place to work. I worked in the call center, it was high volume but our managers always made it fun. We had potlucks, parties with other departments all while working together to assist our members. Management encouraged growth and provided lots of opportunities to grow and learn.
Loved my job and fellow co workers like a family
First Mortgages Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COFebruary 26, 2015
Invoicing, assigning loans, assist in audit every month, overnights, mail, data entry, phones. Team work was vital. Managment had our best interest at heart. Loved my co-workers like a family. Hardest part of my job was having to take breaks or leave my desk. Enjoyable part of my job was every aspect of what I did.
Pros
free lunches
Not what it once was
manager (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COFebruary 24, 2015
Bellco has potential, but the culture changed dramatically during the course of my tenure. The loss of a couple of key leaders allowed for other, negative forces to fill the void. As a consequence, the culture fell apart.
Pros
nice location
Cons
very little transparency from senior leadership: secrecy abounds
Basic Teller Transactions, Balancing cash drawer, Dealing with the public
Teller/Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Lakewoo, ColoradoFebruary 19, 2015
Fun place to work, team work is always a plus. great benefits, room for advancement. Bellco serviced the many type of cliential
Pros
meeting and working with all different type of people.
Very productive yet stressful environment.
Teller/Financial Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edgewater, COFebruary 9, 2015
Very busy work days.
Lots of training provided to perform job efficiently.
Management can be challenging.
Overall good job culture, most employees feel valued.
Hardest part of the job was maintaining goals and stress levels.
Best part was helping members and making an impact in their lives.
Good gompany to work with.
Controller (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 10, 2014
Variety of job duties and a great staff. Enjoyed working on the computer conversion.
Fast-paced and productive.
Senior Financial Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COOctober 9, 2014
Engage with existing and new customers with new account set ups and loan approvals.

Best part of my job is customer appreciation and loyalty. Hearing stories of their success hit home.

Ever changing procedures and employee turnover is hard to keep up with.

Intermediate management is extremely supportive and demonstrates great leadership.

Over the course of the years, gained knowledge of loan originations, second product selling, credit building, underwriting, loan processing and disbursing. This pertains to consumer and business lending.

Would like to see more of a competitive spirit from my co-workers. It is rewarding when we all as a team accomplish our branch quotas.
reports driven and consumer neglected
Teller (Former Employee) –  Englewood COAugust 1, 2014
Preformed very successfully with multiple sales techniques and practices in a strong goal oriented environment. Built on previous knowledge of tellering systems by learning new programs including DNA, T-Magic, and NCI. Assisted with branch operations such as reports, logs, and overall branch balancing. Furthered tellering skills such as maintaining a cash drawer and cash recycler, deposits/withdrawals, ordering checks, loan and credit card payments, transfers, processing miscellaneous negotiable items. Strong team building skills.
This was a great job but I needed to leave to help my mother that was dying.
Floating Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, ColoradoJune 26, 2014
This job was all about leadership and influencing people. I love helping people, sales and marketing.
Exceptional Company to work for, they strive to make their team the best.
Financial Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COMarch 19, 2014
A typical day at work was working with members face to face on anything they needed when they came into the bank whether it was opening an account, applying for a loan, fixing a problem or even just asking for some financial advice. The management team and co-workers at Bellco Credit Union are very friendly and are there to be your teammates not your enemies. We all lean on eachother in a time of confusion or need, and we always are there to congratulate each other on a job well done. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work with people and help them. Also watching them leave your branch happy with the customer service they received.
Good benefits
Digital Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COMarch 18, 2014
I learned to not rely on others and trust myself. I grew a lot and am now ready for another challenge.
Good management
Operations Support Representative (Former Employee) –  denverDecember 11, 2013
Fun place to work, close to home, fairly decent benefits. Was a mail teller, got support from co-workers and management, It is unfortunate some of the jobs had to be outsourced
Pros
interest free loans for computers
Cons
had to work some saturdays
Former District Manager
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COSeptember 5, 2013
Overall it's a great place to work. It's currently going through a significant organizational change that has created some challenges. Even with these, I would go back in a heart beat if they'd have me.
Pros
strong core values
Cons
constant change
Great work enviroment
Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COJune 14, 2013
Answered phone calls from 8-5 M-F which was a hit or miss depending on the situation. Loved all of my co workers.
Enjoyable place to work.
Collections Assistant (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CONovember 5, 2012
Print out letters in the cue, process extensions or/ and re-ages for members accounts. Notated proof of insurance on member's accounts. Scanned and indexed documents for several departments within the Collections department. Processed cancellation of warranty and gap requests to dealerships since the members vehicles had been repossessed. Retrieve multiple documents, collated and prepared them to fax to skip companies to recover hidden vehicles. Took incoming calls, transferring to the correct department within Collections. Processed special projects as requested. Good working relationship with both internal and external customers. The most enjoyable portion was completing tasks and assisting each department with their requests.
Pros
good management team
Lending Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver,COAugust 5, 2012
Local Credit Union with the vision of improving services. It's a great place to work and this Credit Union is always looking ways to stay competitive.