Bellco Credit Union

Bellco Credit Union Employer Reviews

Great place to work! Supportive managers, encouraged growth.
Subject Matter Expert (SME) (Former Employee), Greenwood Village, COMarch 25, 2015
Bellco was a great place to work. I worked in the call center, it was high volume but our managers always made it fun. We had potlucks, parties with other departments all while working together to assist our members. Management encouraged growth and provided lots of opportunities to grow and learn.
Loved my job and fellow co workers like a family
First Mortgages Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Greenwood Village, COFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Invoicing, assigning loans, assist in audit every month, overnights, mail, data entry, phones. Team work was vital. Managment had our best interest at heart. Loved my co-workers like a family. Hardest part of my job was having to take breaks or leave my desk. Enjoyable part of my job was every aspect of what I did.
Not what it once was
manager (Former Employee), Greenwood Village, COFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: nice location
Cons: very little transparency from senior leadership: secrecy abounds
Bellco has potential, but the culture changed dramatically during the course of my tenure. The loss of a couple of key leaders allowed for other, negative forces to fill the void. As a consequence, the culture fell apart.
Basic Teller Transactions, Balancing cash drawer, Dealing with the public
Teller/Senior Teller (Former Employee), Lakewoo, ColoradoFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: meeting and working with all different type of people.
Fun place to work, team work is always a plus. great benefits, room for advancement. Bellco serviced the many type of cliential
Very productive yet stressful environment.
Teller/Financial Specialist (Former Employee), Edgewater, COFebruary 9, 2015
Very busy work days.
Lots of training provided to perform job efficiently.
Management can be challenging.
Overall good job culture, most employees feel valued.
Hardest part of the job was maintaining goals and stress levels.
Best part was helping members and making an impact in their lives.
Good gompany to work with.
Controller (Former Employee), Denver, COOctober 10, 2014
Variety of job duties and a great staff. Enjoyed working on the computer conversion.
Fast-paced and productive.
Senior Financial Specialist (Current Employee), Greenwood Village, COOctober 9, 2014
Engage with existing and new customers with new account set ups and loan approvals.

Best part of my job is customer appreciation and loyalty. Hearing stories of their success hit home.

Ever changing procedures and employee turnover is hard to keep up with.

Intermediate management is extremely supportive and demonstrates great leadership.

Over the course of the years, gained knowledge of loan originations, second product selling, credit building, underwriting, loan processing and disbursing. This pertains to consumer and business lending.

Would like to see more of a competitive spirit from my co-workers. It is rewarding when we all as a team accomplish our branch quotas.
reports driven and consumer neglected
Teller (Former Employee), Englewood COAugust 1, 2014
Preformed very successfully with multiple sales techniques and practices in a strong goal oriented environment. Built on previous knowledge of tellering systems by learning new programs including DNA, T-Magic, and NCI. Assisted with branch operations such as reports, logs, and overall branch balancing. Furthered tellering skills such as maintaining a cash drawer and cash recycler, deposits/withdrawals, ordering checks, loan and credit card payments, transfers, processing miscellaneous negotiable items. Strong team building skills.
This was a great job but I needed to leave to help my mother that was dying.
Floating Branch Manager (Former Employee), Denver, ColoradoJune 26, 2014
This job was all about leadership and influencing people. I love helping people, sales and marketing.
Good benefits
Digital Marketing Specialist (Current Employee), Greenwood Village, COMarch 18, 2014
I learned to not rely on others and trust myself. I grew a lot and am now ready for another challenge.
Difficult work environment
Vice President (Former Employee), CorporateMarch 17, 2014
Pros: reasonable benefits
Cons: poor management.
Poor management and leadership. Not a reasonable place to grow and learn new professional skills. Beware of the smiles when you are hired. Immediately turns into a bunch of "snappers." My way or the highway attitude.
Good management
Operations Support Representative (Former Employee), denverDecember 11, 2013
Pros: interest free loans for computers
Cons: had to work some saturdays
Fun place to work, close to home, fairly decent benefits. Was a mail teller, got support from co-workers and management, It is unfortunate some of the jobs had to be outsourced
Former District Manager
District Manager (Former Employee), Greenwood Village, COSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: strong core values
Cons: constant change
Overall it's a great place to work. It's currently going through a significant organizational change that has created some challenges. Even with these, I would go back in a heart beat if they'd have me.
Great work enviroment
Member Services Representative (Current Employee), Greenwood Village, COJune 14, 2013
Answered phone calls from 8-5 M-F which was a hit or miss depending on the situation. Loved all of my co workers.
Enjoyable place to work.
Collections Assistant (Former Employee), Englewood, CONovember 5, 2012
Pros: good management team
Print out letters in the cue, process extensions or/ and re-ages for members accounts. Notated proof of insurance on member's accounts. Scanned and indexed documents for several departments within the Collections department. Processed cancellation of warranty and gap requests to dealerships since the members vehicles had been repossessed. Retrieve multiple documents, collated and prepared them to fax to skip companies to recover hidden vehicles. Took incoming calls, transferring to the correct department within Collections. Processed special projects as requested. Good working relationship with both internal and external customers. The most enjoyable portion was completing tasks and assisting each department with their requests.
Lending Services Manager (Current Employee), Denver,COAugust 5, 2012
Local Credit Union with the vision of improving services. It's a great place to work and this Credit Union is always looking ways to stay competitive.
Nice place to work.
Financial Specialist lll (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 26, 2012
Pros: nice people, good benefits and loan breaks
Cons: being a door opener when i had important work to do.
A typical day at work included all customer needs from Loans to new account to fixing account problems.
Great work environment, with caring poeple and a supportive employer.
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Greenwood Village, COMay 8, 2012
Working for Bellco was a great experience. I learned a great deal of value within me. They are very appreciative and always willing to help or coach when needed. I have received awards for member service and acknowledgement for working well with others, and doing a great job. they are quick to let you know when you are doing a great job. I always had training to excel myself. They treated me very well as an employee. They have great benefits, and copmensation so sales, and excellence. It was a great place to work for.
high turnover with poor management
Branch Supervisor (Former Employee), Englewood, COMay 1, 2012
Pros: in depth training
Cons: poor management
Bellco had an extremely high turn over rate for being a local credit union. The management in the DTC branch was horrible and had no people skills what so ever. The training team based out of the corporate office was phenomenal and was the best part of working for this company.

Bellco Credit Union Salaries