Bellco Credit Union Employee Reviews

Professional, steady workload, competitive environment.
Collections Agent (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 8, 2017
Great company, decent pay, opportunity for advancement, calm working environment. Management was understand and professional, yet friendly and understanding.
Pros
great management
Cons
high turnover
community supporter and long standing reputation
Member Sales & Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJune 5, 2017
excellent credit union in the Colorado region. Great rates, great service and outstanding employees, very active in the community and supporting through volunteering and education
Great company to be employed for!
Teller (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 22, 2017
Bellco has taught me most of everything I know when it comes to customer service, working with others, and also taught me financial aspects that helps encourage what I have been studying in my last years of undergrad. the management is awesome, will always back you up when needed and gave extra support. Workplace culture is easy and outgoing, high diversity, and just a good time with the people you work with.
Customer service driven company
Accounting Tech III (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COMay 10, 2017
Workplace culture was medium. The environment was not focused around team building and support. The drive was around customers and bottom lines across the board.
What I have learned
Full-Time Teller (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COMarch 27, 2017
At Bellco, they truly strive on going above and beyond for their members. I have learned what is average for someone in customer service to do and learn more on a daily basis how to exceed expectations.
Great company
Consumer Lending Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corporate officeMarch 21, 2017
Overall, Bellco offers a great company to work for and they value their employees. I was unlucky to have a manager that did not know what to do with my role, which left me, often times bored. I did try to seek advice for change, but from what I understood, my frustration was shared. I could not afford to stick around, but HR is willing to listen to you and will notice when to make a change.
Pros
Hour long lunches....if you like those, Awesome people, and great training
Disappointed
Financial Specialist (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COFebruary 15, 2017
As much as they say that they would like to have you "grow and advance" with the company, it will only happen if it is on their terms and would benefit them at the time-which has not happened for me or any of my co-workers.
Great staff/ Focus on sales not people
Vault/Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 8, 2017
Great staff to work with. Focuses on numbers rather than members. Limited advancement. Laid off half of there back office staff. Building technology to replace the human connections
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Over sales oriented
Disappointing overall
Teller (Current Employee) –  Arvada, COFebruary 6, 2017
Although it is a credit union and better than a comparable job at a bank the pay is still terrible.
They do not pay you a living wage and they expect a great deal from you.
They do random surveys of all your transactions and they demand you get a perfect score with every transaction every time.
They won't pay you a living wage yet say you should be making more with your bonus which is dependent on your referrals and sales.
They expect outrageous things for less than a living wage.
Unstable Work Environment
Loan Coordination Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 6, 2016
I was one of over 150 employees laid off in 2014 when Bellco Credit Union outsourced all the back office jobs to a company in Maryland so I am probably not the best person to write a review on them.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Lay offs
Very hostile environment, poor management.
Financial Specialist (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COOctober 14, 2016
not a team work environment, management focus only on the negative or mistakes, they are not honest, the don't care about employees they just make sure they have somebody to do the job so they don't have to do it.
Member are very nice, they are the best part of the job.
nobody cares about anybody, co-workers go do their job and go home. no team work interaction at all.
Management don't care how hard you work, how often you are early to get your job done even without clock in since overtime is not allowed but if for some reason you are late of miss work for sickness, that counts against you even if you have sick time.
Cons
no breacks just lunch time
Working- Career vs Job.
Teller (Current Employee) –  Parker, COSeptember 18, 2016
I enjoy helping people with their personal financial life and customer service. I've learned a lot in the financial field over the last two and a half years that also helps me with my personal life. The hardest part of the job was being the front line and having to deal with members that were dissatisfied or angry.
"Clubby" culture and lack of transparency
Credit Card Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 9, 2016
- Overall morale is terribly low

- Executive team is feared, but not respected, by most employees

- There is an employee culture of undermining your colleague(s) to get ahead
Pros
Few Pros
Cons
Unhealthy work culture, below-market salaries, anemic benefits
Stable environment with long term growth
Senior Account (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COMarch 3, 2016
Salary a little low for most accounting positions, but a good benefits package for all employees. Co-workers make it a good environment to be in.
Sell Sell Sell
Member Services (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COOctober 5, 2015
I only worked for Bellco a short time , however I remember the people being friendly. The did provide tons of coaching and follow up on performance. However it was more about sales than service. Not a lot of advancement.
Pros
Great training program
Cons
no advancement
Great members and products
Financial Specialist (Former Employee) –  LakewoodAugust 28, 2015
This is a great organization to work for, but sadly there is some very clear favoritism going on within this company. Work day is longer than most credit unions because Bellco is geared to a big bank mentality. Sadly because of this they have missed the mark of embodying what a credit union should be.
Pros
Wonderful members and work environment
Cons
Not a lot of room for advancement
Productive and rewarding
Financial Specialist (Former Employee) –  ColoradoAugust 11, 2015
I worked with Bellco Credit Union for over 3 years, and I would say that it has been one of the best jobs I've had. They have an amazing training team, to ensure you know what you need to do by the time you get into the branch. They offer advancement to those who aim for such. The hardest part of my job was dealing with upset member's (this is anywhere retail though) the best part of my job was dealing with such amazing people from the member's to the fellow employees.
Really Positive Work Experience!
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver Tech CenterMay 9, 2015
I worked at Bellco for 2+ years. You won't find a better financial institution to work for in Colorado. The pay is excellent, the people are wonderful and there is room for advancement if you work hard. If you are looking for work in the financial services industry, Bellco is a great choice.
Pros
Very supportive management, friendly environment with GREAT people, leader in the credit union landscape, great pay
Great place to work! Supportive managers, encouraged growth.
Subject Matter Expert (SME) (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COMarch 25, 2015
Bellco was a great place to work. I worked in the call center, it was high volume but our managers always made it fun. We had potlucks, parties with other departments all while working together to assist our members. Management encouraged growth and provided lots of opportunities to grow and learn.
Loved my job and fellow co workers like a family
First Mortgages Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COFebruary 26, 2015
Invoicing, assigning loans, assist in audit every month, overnights, mail, data entry, phones. Team work was vital. Managment had our best interest at heart. Loved my co-workers like a family. Hardest part of my job was having to take breaks or leave my desk. Enjoyable part of my job was every aspect of what I did.
Pros
free lunches
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bellco Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.