BELLE TIRE

BELLE TIRE Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work environment. Enjoy working on cars
Master Technician & Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Garden City, MIJune 28, 2013
A typical day of work is a start time from 8am-8pm doing our usually duties such as replacing tires & wheels, fixing tires, major and minor front work and replacement, wheel alignments and oil changes. I've learned in the 10 years of working at Belle Tire to be a great auto tech/supervisor to my fellow technicians, and to be of great assistance when needed, whether it's being a salesman, or aiding the mechanics. I get along with all of my co-workers, and i look at them as my brothers. Working with people like that makes the day much more relaxed and better overall. My co-workers and myself always work as a team, and never really get behind on orders. I always push them to be better, and more experienced. I'm never afraid to lend a helping hand when needed. Management is great, and we always strive to make the customer happy and satisfied. I get along great with the management team at Belle Tire. The hardest part of the work day would have to be the rush of customers that come in at all different times, and we get backed up, but then I just push my co-workers to get every job done as expected with no mistakes. The most enjoyable part of the day is the fact that everyone in the shop gets along with each other, and seeing everyone laugh and smile, and that too makes the day that much better. Of course closing time is the best part of the day too when we can go home and see our families, and kids.
Pros
working on cars, promotions, the people i work with.
Cons
the pay at times
under paid, over worked with obvious issues with the other sex!!
tire tech (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIJanuary 11, 2013
I worked at belle tire for 5 months and treated very wrong by management as well as a select few co-workers! As wrong as i was treated i loved the work.... loved it enough to stay as long as i did and be disrespected by men! In the 5 months i was their i never cost the company money nor hurt
My self!! I proved myself as a woman in a mans environment worked hard showed up every day to be hated on because i ended up their longer then anyone thought!! Management and the tire tech trainer tried about everything to get me out of their! No employee gets a lunch or break....if we wanted to eat we had to do it while working, we busted our butts every single day all day for very little pay for how hard we were worked! I loved being a tire tech....best job in the world, didn't think that their were men like that still left in this world!!
Pros
a work out
Cons
managment
Only thing good was health benefits. Was hard to give a 3 rating, and that was only because of health benifits.
Tire Technician, sales(trained never moved to) (Former Employee) –  Howell, MINovember 20, 2015
Corporate management sucks!! Dont care about their employees (people who make their money) none of them actually worked in the shop so they are pulling ideas out of their a$# on how to do things fast. But in reality it slows things down. I worked for the company for 2 years as a tire tech, alot of promises were broke. Only thing good was the benifits. My general manager at the store i worked at was awesome. Have to stay on his good side though. Ohh yeah and when corporate came in hours went down. Which means no money. Over all work conditions sucked.
Benifits were blue cross for insurance and the company did take care of you on the insurance.
And in order to make monet, social life had to be given up...
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Pay could be alot better, corporate sucks, broken promises
Shop environment with the ability to enjoy or not enjoy the elements
Tire / Oil & Lube Technician - Tire (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 29, 2012
Typical day you get changed into your company provided uniform, clock in, open the shop, and work on peoples' cars all day. I learned many details about cars that i did not know before such as TPMS service, tire flat repair, and custom wheels. Management seemed inefficient and constant butting heads when it came time for decision making. My co-workers were very friendly and we all worked like a well oiled machine. The hardest part of the job would be working for long periods of time in the heat or in the cold and rain. Yes its in a shop but often times we would have to work outside on cars. Most enjoyable part of the job would be having the radio available to keep your sanity and pass the work day with ease.
Pros
radio during work, employee bathroom
Cons
no lunches, bad management
Physically demanding job.
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIMarch 30, 2013
A typical work day would consist of pulling cars in and out of the garage. Lifting vehicles and trucks off the ground in order to work on them. Making sure that the tire(s) are accuratly being worked on. Depending on Management it can either be a good or bad experience. However, that is typical in any job situation you have. Same goes for your fellow co-workers, however, some are more rough around the edges than most people are. The hardest part about the job is the physical labor involved in the position. The most enjoyable part are the friends you make, as well as, a learning environment for further advancement in your career.
Pros
physical workout, advancement in the company, and learning about the shop environment
Cons
sometimes you don't get a lunch because it's busy, physically demanding, slow in advancement in the company, and the environment
possible good earnings, but balance is off
Retail Location Manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 31, 2015
great young idealistic company that has road the wave of success but is struggling to maintain control of a work force that is over worked by upper management, under appreciated by customers.
The response to this issue so far is collectively "drink the Koolaid but do not ask the flavor." be ready to be passive aggressively managed then given the guilt trip of failure when the plan does not work.
The same old same old cloaked in a wanna-be Facebook, google, family oriented, progressive culture robe.

Belle Tire "better at every turn"......Over worked at every turn!
Pros
great branding, company pride
Cons
expected to leave personal life in shambles and when you dont you pay for it
very hard to advance if your not a mindless yessman with no life outside of work
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Allen Park, MIAugust 18, 2015
I have learned a lot at belle Tire but mostly from my coworkers and very little from management. for what we do there is very little proper training and it's hands on which is good, if you get yourself a good teacher. co workers either make or help break the job, if they are good its easier to get through and deal with the job. if they are incompetent, the day sucks completely.

most enjoyable part of the job is conversing with your co workers. while the hardest part is coming back each to 10-12 hour days with mediocre pay and difficult management.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
low pay, long hours, difficult bosses
Great place to start in Automotive
Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  Monroe, MIJune 10, 2015
Great place to work if you need the money or want to learn about cars. Over the past two years, I have learned everything from oil changes, putting new tires on vehicles, and patching tires that went flat. Co workers are friendly and we work as a team to get the job and customer out of here quick and easy. The hardest part of the day would have to be the 4 O' clock rush. The most enjoyable is going home.
Pros
Half hour lunch, flexible schedule, benefits.
Cons
Too many people standing around at times instead of working.
Productive and big on quality, but we also had a good time.
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MINovember 17, 2015
A typical day at work was to grab an order from the board, and pull in the car into the shop. Fix any issues written on the order, anything else founded in vehicle report to management. I learned how to repair a flat tire, how to balance wheels, how to mount/dismount a tire from a wheel, and how to reset tpms sensors, etc. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the weather when it got cold and snowy out. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that I was working on cars, I thought that was pretty cool.
Pros
Every Sunday off
Cons
Terrible wage
Very fast paced workplace with good morales
Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIAugust 23, 2013
Mounting, balancing and repairing tires is typically what required each day. I learned to be more interactive with my crew members and customers. The management team that I work under is very fair and treats everyone equally. All of my co-workers are all very eager to help out in everyway possible. I would have to say that the hardest part of my job is the constant lifting of tires and rims all day long. Being able to hangout with my friends is the most enjoyable part of my job and getting rewarded for doing a great job.
Pros
huge discounts on parts and services and being treated equally
Cons
dealing with unsatisfied customers
Belle Tires pro's amd con's, A typical day.
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJuly 1, 2015
A typical day at Belle Tire would be changing, cleaning and moving tires.
I have learned many things at this establishment.
I have learned how to properly clean corrosion of tires.
I have extensive knowledge of computer balancer and tire machine. The ability to inspect, repair and install tires. The ability to interpret maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Setup custom wheels and tires. Also used balancer and tire machine. I provided assistance to customers and co-workers as needed.
The hardest part of the job would be working outside in the cold weather. The most enjoyable part for me was closing down the shop.
Pros
learning morte about vehicles
Cons
cold weather, and changing tires within a time limit
Good company to work for
Assistant Store/Retail Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MIMarch 21, 2013
Nepotism is very predominant here, its all about who you know. The typical work day is 9-10 hrs long with no breaks. I did learn about automotive technologies, the training classes were very effective. Management was too focused on bottom-line, lost sight of other aspects like customer service and integrity. The mechanics there are 100% commission, therefore you have to keep a close eye and verify estimates mechanics write up. Had a considerate amount of false estimates by mechanics.
Pros
training classes were very good
Cons
no breaks and work mon-sat every week
fast paced hands on
Tire technician (Former Employee) –  Grandville, MIFebruary 5, 2014
Belle Tire wasn't a bad place to work, it was all hands on and mostly fast paced. I learned how to change a tire and plug a leak really quick. Management was alright, some managers wanted us to succeed and others treated us like we didn't deserve any respect. Most of the coworkers were fun to work with and worked hard when we were busy. The hardest part was being talked down to by the same people every day and not being able to say anything back without being fired. Most enjoyable was doing everything hands on fast paced with a group of guys that new when to work hard.
Pros
great coworkers and hands on
Cons
some leadership
Team oriented workplace
Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  Taylor, MIMay 10, 2012
A normal day at my job is kind of like hanging out with your buddies everyday, you have your ups and downs but its never to bad. You learn more and more about cars everyday and the best things about the job are also the worst. Which are the management and co workers, the reason being. Is because everyone has their days. If one person doesn't act as a team then it puts more pressure on the rest of the employees which can ultimately ruin moods and cause unneeded stress.
Pros
never working alone
Cons
not for people who like working alone.
Excellent entry level experience
Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MINovember 8, 2015
This is a great company with great hours. One of the least expensive shops around and (Belle Tire) is more focused on taking care of the customer. Management styles vary by store but I am blessed to have a great manager that understands family is important. Belle Tire is one of the few companies not charging more for healthcare due to rises in cost of insurance (obamacare)
Pros
great place to learn and grow into a mechanic or sales career
Cons
takes a long time to get hired in (still working out electronic hiring system)
busy
average joe american (Current Employee) –  MIJuly 10, 2011
worst career choice i have ever made
treat u like dirt and with a bad economy they use it to there advantage
ur pretty much just a number. not a name.the pay is bad i would take a pay cut on top of that just to get out.. if u worked there 5 years u will not see a raise most people cant last that long hope this helps. my advice would be only go there if ur down on ur luck. as a temp deal
Pros
its a paycheck
Cons
everything
Great company always willing to give you a job if willing to learn
Tire tech (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 9, 2014
I came in Belle tire with no clue about cars and learned how to mount/balance and repair tires. I got to train for alignments and oil changes The hardest part of the job is staying clean or cool in the summer management is cool but think their invisible to suggestions that they can improve on
Pros
very open to advancement within the company
Cons
tire techs dont get the respected as important value to the company as mechanics and salesman
Great Learning Atmosphere
Level 2 Automotive Tech (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MIFebruary 5, 2015
I change tires , check front ends, do flat repairs, wipers, batteries and more. Rules are added or changed each day so you have to be able to adapt to them. The co-workers besides a few tend to slack so I have to take up the extra work. The hardest part is advancement and the strain on your body. The hours arent always great either. I enjoy the people I do work with and the discounts I receive on parts and etc
Pros
discounts and benefits
Cons
no hours
Tire Tech / Picker (Current Employee) –  Roseville, MIAugust 10, 2012
a typical day at work is mounting dismounting and balancing tires.

what i learned is speed and working under a time table.

my managers are perfessional and friendly.

my co-workers are friendly and worked hard

the hardest part of the job is making sure each customers car left the shop with all safety features checked.

the most enjoyable part is working and dealing with customers. being able to talk to different people everyday.
Pros
work as much as you want
Cons
no cons
very busy and hostile work environment
tire technician (Former Employee) –  holland michiganJuly 27, 2015
everyone there was rude and very hard to work with. they treated me like I was nothing and started drama all the time. most people there never pulled their own weight in work. they were always on their phones and messing around. to hostile and too much cussing. Management never took care of the problem. they are half the problem. the hardest part of the job was dealing with the co workers who tried to start fights everyday.
Pros
no pros
Cons
hostile co workers and lots of cussing around customers