Belle Tire Employee Reviews

Decent shop environment
Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  Macomb, MIMarch 23, 2017
The workplace is very clean. They offer training no matter if you need it or not so you understand everything. The benefits are pretty good. The management and everyone are really friendly.
great work environment
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIMarch 22, 2017
I learn a lot of new things from working with the people I worked with for the time I was working here. it was a great experience to work here with the people i worked with
fun place to work and learn
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Grosse Pointe, MIMarch 14, 2017
Belle tire was a fun place to work and was a wonderful opportunity to learn new skills. friendly relaxed work environment and for the most part, management was very positive and helpful
Pros
friendly, relaxed co-workers
Cons
too cold/hot in shop
Fun place to work
Auto Glass Installer (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MIMarch 11, 2017
Belle tire has alot of room for advancement,but doesn't always put there employees first. It's a fast paced environment. Management doesn't work together very well but they do have allot of programs available for a person trying to advance in many different fields
Pros
You can learn alot
Cons
Not very family oriented
ok work if you want to work 60 hours a week.
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INMarch 3, 2017
lots of automobile benefits if you befriend the other techs and bosses..pay is weak, lots of micro management. Just depends on what kind of manager you have.
Pros
lots of automobile benifits
Cons
pay is weak, lots of micro managment
Horrible place
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INFebruary 27, 2017
Throws good employees out like trash, expects you to work 50+ hours as management. Thought was great company but loyalty means nothing
very productive
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MIFebruary 22, 2017
had freedom, but not too much. all co-workers were awesome too work with and for. the could use some cleaner break rooms, and restrooms. and maybe a more fixed scheduling. but other than that i loved working for belle tire. very satisfied
All new equipment, and spacious shop.
Auto Technician (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIFebruary 21, 2017
The short time I worked there, there were several issues with the management. The company made me pay for damages to a customers vehicle, that I did not cause. There were other employees causing problems, and nothing was done about it.
Pros
All new equipment
Cons
Lack of proper management.
Productive fun work place
L2 Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  MichiganFebruary 9, 2017
Unorganized management, Fun fast paced job. In and out, time flys. Great learning opportunity.
awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome. The trainers are the best part. the salesman are kind of annoying at times. the guys in the shop are really gret, everyone works as a team.
Pros
Awesome Co-Workers
Cons
Unorganized Management
Great place to worl, where hard work is noticed
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  6283 S westnedge, Portage MI 49002February 2, 2017
Fast placed days, lifting heavy objects, mounting and dismounting them from the vehicle. use of powers tools. had to use great physical effort removing specialized tires from custom rims, but always proud to see the work that was accomplished afterwords.
Pros
heavy lifting, power tools, relaxed enviroment
Overall ok work place
Tire and Lube Technician (Current Employee) –  Allen Park, MIJanuary 29, 2017
I been with the company for over 6 years and I'm not where I want to be. It's a good jibe but I'm looking for a career. I am just looking for a fresh start.
Pros
Good employee discount on car
Cons
Slow seasons hours are cut
nice place
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Blanc, MIJanuary 9, 2017
nice place to work but if don't fall in with the powers that be your service wont be long term. individuals at most places are great but
if someone don't like you and the cry wolf hard enough you will lose your job
Pros
Sunday off
Cons
exciting, busy and satisfying place to work. With great challenges and reward.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Okemos, MIDecember 21, 2016
Our typical work day is very busy, Also extremely fast pace. Working in a retail environment we learn something new about people every day, Regardless of your experience. Having a management team that id readily available and supports and trusts you is an enormous motivator. Our co-workers are amazing, We work together in every aspects of our jobs, as if a second family/team. The hardest part of the job is the long hours, to balance with our families. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the challenges of quotas, and customer service time estimates, That being said at the end of the day having hit goals, quotas, and making our customers feel like family give the best sense of accomplishment.
Pros
working with great people, and customers
Cons
Job is good, pay is not competitive
Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MINovember 30, 2016
12 Hour shifts expected with 30 minute break sometimes allowed. Hourly wage not competitive with other local tire companies. Other than that, the work is good and fast paced.
Not worth it
Lv3 Tire technician/ warehouse lead (Former Employee) –  Grand Blanc, MINovember 22, 2016
As a former employee all I can say is not worth it unless you like to get talked down to. Verbally abused. Management are *** kissers. They care not about your safety or well being. They want your soul. No raises no room for advancement. They don't care about family. They put on a charade to make it look like they do. Over sell things you do t need. They Treat customers like there garbage. Place is prison
Pros
None. Absolutely none
Horrible to employess
Auto Technician (Former Employee) –  Different locationsOctober 25, 2016
They want your soul, no breaks, pay is inconsistent, they could care less if you have a family or personal life, very greedy company, put a front on to act like family matters. Managers are *** kissers, and favor other a** kisers. Dont work here unless you want smoke blown up you know where by cooperate. They thrive on overselling things not needed as well. Was an employee for 8 years and finally got away, was like getting out of a prison or something. Horrible experience.
Pros
Very little (if any)
Cons
Every second there is agony.
Fixing flats, lifting hoists, new tires, reading wear &tear on tires,
Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  Allen Park, MIOctober 8, 2016
Worked here for about 7-8 months Managers treat the tire techs like slaves, when the techs work hard they say they not working hard enough & moving slow when the order board is loaded. Plenty of broken promises. pay was bad for the laborious work. Only time to get something to happen was to fuss at managers about the unfair treatment and they still did nothing. I finally had enough
Pros
90 days discounts
Cons
Unfair treatment, laborious, broken promises, pay
prodcutive
Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  Waterford, MISeptember 21, 2016
Constantly learning new tricks of the trade. Very productive work atmosphere. Rewarding seeing the client happy and stress relieved.
Summary
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIAugust 21, 2016
Good opportunity to expose yourself to all kinds of people and situations to build communication skills as a manager. Most enjoyable part of the job is when a customer leaves happy.
unprofessional, treated poorly, hazardous work conditions
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Comstock Park, MIAugust 5, 2016
manager yelling at employees in front of other employees, Manager calling employee names and belittling employees, hazardous work conditons-oil spills all over, tripping over tools, employees throwing oil containers instead of putting them in the trash, Managers saying things like:" I have put a lot of money into you for you just to quit". Who wants to work as a slave and be treated like a dog and called out of your name for a simple mistake. Management does nothing when another employee calls another employee names. The bathroom is even dirty with dead bugs in the corner and also live bugs running around, that is what customers have to look at in the bathroom of the show room. I don't advise anyone to work for them nor do I advise anyone to bring them service. Belle Tire does not care about their employees, they don't get breaks, even working 10 to 12 hour days. Employees are not offer anything to drink with 90 to 100 degree days- while management sits in air conditioning and get breaks and get their drinks. Just unhappy all the way around.
Pros
discounts after 90 days
Cons
no breaks, bad treatment, higher employees talking down on the lowe employees, low pay for the hard work, they train you at a nice clean store and then you end up at a uncleanious store

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Belle Tire. Our community is ready to answer.