The Bellevue Botanical Garden Society is seeking a part-time Office Administrator/Manager, Event and Communication Coordinator (20 hours per week, ~ 3 days per week plus some weekend and evening hours for board meetings or events) to support their programs, events, and business office. We are a vibrant, board directed non-profit organization, partnering with the City of Bellevue to provide many free events and programs. We support the Garden through fundraising, education and community involvement, which includes extensive volunteer support. We are in need of a detail-oriented person that can see the big picture. We are looking for a self-starter who is comfortable working independently and with multiple teams.
- Oversee and direct the office; maintain filing system, physical and electronic. Order and maintain office supplies.
- Assume administrative duties which may include mail pick up and distribution, email reminders, cash receipts log, and other duties as assigned.
- Use online programs and tools for email marketing, communications through web portals, volunteer management, facility booking.
- Assist board committees with program and event support as directed (events may include the Flower and Garden Show, Mother’s Day, New Member Tea, Garden d’Lights and fundraising events).
- Maintain, redesign, and/or work with graphics professionals on print materials.
- Coordination of bi-monthly newsletters.
- Update and monitor social networking sites.
- Utilize and interact with volunteers and other staff members.
- Provide excellent customer service and act as an ambassador for the Society to visitors, patrons, board, staff and partners.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Flexibility and eagerness to learn and work on multiple tasks as needed.
- Strong writing, editing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to cultivate and extend relationships with volunteers, board members, community members and other staff members.
- Ability to prioritize and juggle competing demands.
- Strong computer skills with a proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Familiarity with social media and email marketing services.
- Experience in office management, non-profit organizations, event support, and communications.
- Experience with CRM databases a plus.
Wage is hourly, DOE. To apply, please email a cover letter and résumé as an attachment by March 8, 2013. This is a part-time partially benefited position.
All employees at the Bellevue Botanical Garden Society are employees at will. The job description outlined above is not intended to represent an absolute or final list of all elements, activities or duties of the job. The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the person assigned to this position.
Candidates selected for this position must pass a criminal history background and credit background check prior to employment with the Bellevue Botanical Garden Society. We will contact selected applicants to schedule interviews. No phone calls please. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To learn more about the BBGS please visit our website at www.bellevuebotanical.org.
Welcome to the Bellevue Botanical Garden—an enduring community treasure for the Northwest region and beyond. . .