Bellevue College Employee Reviews

Low pay and uneven quality of management
Director Finance & Operations (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 29, 2017
Low pay. Management quality very uneven. Quality of IT support hit-or-miss. Decent campus. Quite diverse. Good computer lab. Diverse student body. Teachers in desperate need of stronger support for special needs students.
A fine place to get your foot in the door and work part time
General & Individual Tutor (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 11, 2017
This was a great job to learn a new skill and break into a new work scene. They provided some very basic training (one 8-hour course) before setting us loose. We chose our hours and the number of students we wanted to tutor.
Also, as a member of the LGBT community, I felt very comfortable presenting myself however I wanted. The staff are very friendly and accepting.
Pros
Very flexible and open
Cons
No benefits. 16 hours per week MAXIMUM (for non-students)
Safe Family Environment
QA Engineer / SDET (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 2, 2017
Bellevue College provides a stable work environment for anyone looking for a healthy job/personal life balance. The community feel makes up for the less than break-neck speed of product implementation. Small teams are supported by part-time and student employees. These are state positions with excellent benefits and retirement packages to offset a less than median-wage salary.
Pros
vested 401k and PTO
Cons
Slow implementation of products and lower wages
lot of opportunities for growth and to make new friends.
Art Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 28, 2017
it is an amazing pace to work. All the managers are very good and very helping. It is the most enjoyable job to do. the job is not to hard and pays good money for your work.
Not a Full Time Employer
Part Time Instructor (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMay 25, 2017
I teach part time in the evenings so I am not there enough to get involved in the school politics and employee drama. I do know that departments do not communicate well and are more interested in being better than their neighbor than collaborating with each other to provide the best student environment.
Fast Paced
Navigation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMay 22, 2017
It was a lot of work for the pay, and you were not able to work more than 16 hours due to it being a school. It was a lot of individual work , which is good if you work well with that but can be intimidating just out of training.
Fun and friendly environment to work at as a student and gain work experience.
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 26, 2017
On the daily basis I would oversee the computer lab and assist students with questions and technical problems and provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports. Working at Bellevue College I learned how to work and socialize with diverse students, solve problems, work as a team, and adhere to work ethics. I communicate with the management respectively and maintain a professional relationship. I get along well with my co-workers and we work as a team. The hardest part of my job is having to reach an understanding with students having behavior issues. The most enjoyable part of the job is receiving appreciation from the students, which makes me see good results from my work.
Pros
Quiet workplace setting
Cons
short breaks, no benefits
Easy-going
Student Programs Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 13, 2017
Super laid-back. Energy is expected, and easily supplied. Daily work is light. Compensation, benefits, and opportunities within programs are exceptional.
Easy Work
Media Center Front Desk/Financial Aid (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 8, 2017
The job was for work study and when you finished work for while you worked you could do your homework. Management was nice, relied on you to do the job right and didn't bother you while you were working or doing homework.
Fun
Camera Operator (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 7, 2017
I enjoyed my time there filming basketball games and report segments for the College broadcast network. The instructors were always on hand to help and supportive of others ideas.
cross-cultural learning experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAFebruary 3, 2017
Overall, I gave a very high rating for my first job in working at the Bellevue college. People who work there are student identity. Staffs are very friendly. Not only learning the administrative skills, I made connections with difference people from different background
Flexible Hours and Ability to Work With Diverse Student Body
Math tutor (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WADecember 19, 2016
Working part time at BC is very convenient as hours are flexible for tutors to work around their schedules, especially if they are students. It is a little difficult to get a lot of hours at first, but as tutors work more quarters, they are able to request for more hours to work. It has been a privilege to get to work with a diverse student body. Along with in-state students, there is a wide range of international students as well along with some working adults returning back to school. Tutoring has been helpful refreshing me in math skills and concepts that I have not used for awhile and in some cases has helped me learn about things I myself did not learn back in my prior education.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Maximum hours is 17 hours.
Fun and Creative Working Environment
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WADecember 14, 2016
There is never a typical working day with such a diverse student and faculty environment. I learned and relearned how much I love interior design and sharing knowledge.

My co-workers were top designers and architects who greatly enriched my teaching experience.

The most difficult part of my job was staying fresh, relative and current.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the students. This was a most rewarding job I ever had.
Pros
Resources
Cons
Time for meeting outside of in-classroom requirement
fun productive work place
Hourly Grounds Associate (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAOctober 10, 2016
Grounds crew is awesome hard working fun guys. start early get off early. Great job for the summer and year round besides the rainy washington weather
Pros
off by 3 pm
Cons
lower wages in its field
Custodian/janitorial
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAOctober 9, 2016
Well organized and Team player, 10+ years of custodial experience of hotel, hospital and school maintenance, and following safety regulations and working with teams to achieve institutional efficiency goals. Fast learner, work quick, self motivated.Good communication and some computer skills. I am a dedicated worker with a strong ethic. Excellent and co worker is very friendly. I'm doing my job well and followed the rules and my obligation.
Was a math tutor at Academic Success Center
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 1, 2016
I would be assigned students that needed some help with their coursework. And then we would set up some place to meet for tutoring. I learned to manage my time properly and also looked at problems from different perspectives. I was an individual tutor. Minimal interaction with co-workers. The hardest part of the job was to come up with different way to explain the course to the students. The most enjoyable part of the job was when i managed to get the students to understand the problems.
A Healthy Enviroment
Student (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 8, 2016
This is/was a comfortable place to calmly collect the knowledge that your drive desires, giving you enough energy to focus and succeed.
Exciting and good place to work
Technologist Work Study (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMay 22, 2016
Good place to work to learned technology and practice troubleshooting and grow.

Not easy access to tools in the company.

Not well structured job, there is a variety of work to do everyday
Pros
Good experience for technology beginners
Cons
Not well structured employees might struggle a little bit in troubleshooting
Excellent place to work if you're on the right team
QA Engineer / SDET - Lead (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 3, 2016
You're lucky if you make it through the screening process, but once you're there, everyone treats you like family.
The job is challenging, it keeps you busy, the people are friendly.
It's very laid back, but is definitely a state job.
Pros
healthy work life balance, excellent benefits
Cons
below media salary
Class and Homework
Associate of Arts in Business Technology (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WADecember 8, 2015
School is a place to learn and grow as a person. Bellevue College is a diverse campus of students and faculty. With that said, I was in a student environment whenever on campus or plugged into the school platform. The two and half years were full of classes, lectures, reading, team projects, reports, tests and presentations.