Bellevue Community College Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Friendly place to work
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 11, 2017
Started as a temp then was hired full time. Worked with students, staff, faculty and the community. You have to be able to learn on the job and go with the flow. Once you caught on then work is a breeze.
Pros
Growing place and was fun at the time
Cons
No way to move up unless some leaves.
Nice place to work.
ESL Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 15, 2017
Faculty was helpful, team work, dean seemed to support faculty. I do not have much to say about this company in such a public forum. I was not there very long because it was a second job and I was very tired and over worked while working at both schools. I had to give it up, but I liked working there.
Pros
Team work; helpful staff.
My strengths are in being able to multitask and having the attention to detail necessary to work in a fast paced office.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAOctober 29, 2014
Meeting with students, providing support and assistance to achieve both academic and personal goals. Learned time management, listening skills, juggle multiple task, and constantly acquire different type of resources for students. Work with a team and other departments to improve students' services and provide to students the support they need. The hardest part of the job is when I am not capable to assist to students especial those who have medical conditions. The most enjoyably part o the job is meeting with students one on one and being able to support them and provide the services they need.
Productive, and fun workplace with great co-workers
Bi-Lingual Client Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMarch 2, 2014
It is a great place to work, your co-workers are always helpful, kind, and respectful and willing to work around your schedule should something arise.
Pros
Great work environment
Proud of my contribution
ADJUNCT PROFESSOR (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WASeptember 10, 2013
I taught adult learners with learning and cognitive disabilities. The foundations we established will go a long way to improve the post-secondary educational opportunities for similar students for decades to come.
Very good place to work
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 27, 2013
I worked there as a part-time student and started my U.S. accounting professional career.
Pros
great people
My supervisor was a micro-manager, whom was very difficult to work with.
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 31, 2013
I learned (and enjoyed) how to work with and provide service to diverse populations (ESL students).
Productive and educational workplace
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 15, 2013
In this position, I was able to interact with a lot of different students within the Running Start program.
Pros
The Staff and students
Cons
My trainer.
what is the working world about
Work Study Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellevue WashingtonSeptember 16, 2012
A typical day of work included starting the laundry and starting my homework in Business Management, often times at work. I would hold business meetings needed for my business management classes while I was working. My bosses would allow this because, I always got my job done and my homework also. I became a multitasker. I learned how to collaborate with others and become a healthy business in todays world. I also worked with students from other countries and enjoyed learning about thier cultures and ways of life. It helped me to grow more. I also took on challenges, like successfully being accepted to attend Hebrew University in Jerusalem. I mentored students in all kinds of classes given, I already had two medical degrees and usually taught and helped people in the classes i was taking. A friend of mine made me laugh when he said "i was tutoring him in the class, I was taking." I love to make me people laugh, since my friends say" I have a school girl laugh." And I like to have fun.
Pros
great people to work for
Cons
not enough hours
Excellent experience working as a teacher & test center administrator
Computer Teacher /Tech Support/Test Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 13, 2012
I held several positions at BCC as a computer teacher, provider of technical support and as a computer test administrator. I loved the working environment and the people I worked with. Overall, management maintained the system in an effective and competent manner leading to a major expansion to a 4-year college. Co-workers were excellent and friendly. I learned many additional computer skills as employees were allowed to attend unfilled classes during their off-hours. Hardest part of the job was lack of sleep when we had to work almost all-night hours setting up classroom computers for new classes. All parts of the job(s) were enjoyable, so I am unable to list just one.
Pros
excellent working environment, friendly staff, great customers
Cons
long working hours, unpaid hours to continually learn new skills