Bellevue Hospital Employee Reviews

Temporary Position
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 7, 2017
A typical day involved entering data relating to lab test for inpatients and outpatients at Bellevue Hospital. The staff worked well as a team. The hardest part of my job was the difficulties I encountered when taking public transportation after midnight.
Research Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2017
Working at Bellevue allowed me to grow as a professional and a individual. The project consisted of a great deal of teamwork, and the work load was fast paced. The hardest part of my job was that it offered a limited amount of tasks per intern. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside professionals and patients. The management was great and insightful on the project's vision for the future. I learned how to project my own thoughts, creativity, and perspective onto a project and how to work productively in a timely fashion. A typical day of work consisted of doing assesments and working on Excel spreadsheet, as well as filing and making phonecalls as well as working on a extensive software.
Pros
Free luches
Cons
No pay
Great introduction to office work in an inviting work environment.
Pharmacists Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 2, 2017
Working as a pharmaceutical assistant at Bellevue Hospital was a good way to get experience working in an office assistant role in a workplace. There I filled out any duties given to me by my superiors. It wasn't daunting because the work environment was very friendly and willing to teach when I didn't understand something. Many tasks I was being told to do at first I began to understand and do on my own allowing for a nice flow and structure to the work day.
exciitn work
Clinical Pastoral Education Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 1, 2017
The work at Bellevue is very exciting. One day you could be based in the ER, and the NICU. The next you could be working with inmates in the prisons and on the psych ward.
Pros
Exciting work enviornment
Cons
Poor staff communication
Bellevue has been an amazing learning experience
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 31, 2017
I love Bellevue and the people I work with. The diversity of the patients at Bellevue has taught me so much, and the staff is amazing and capable. On the downside, so many people come through, it can seem like a factory, and one to one attention can be marginalized.
Pros
Pension
Cons
Lower pay than private hospitals
Extremely caring staff
College Intern and Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 29, 2017
This experience is life changing. You get to see how public health actually started in this place, Bellevue, the first ever hospital built in 1736. The opportunity is what you make of it but almost if not all of the staff are willing to introduce you to their side of the medical field. Learn from them, network, and you'll be successful.
Bellevue
Executive Assistant-Temp (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 23, 2017
Great place to work. I highly recommend it for anyone interested in working in the medical industry. There are always listins availible on the HHC job board.
Productive workplace great pay and benefits and perks
Service Aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 16, 2017
Great City Job.....room for growth thats a triple plus worked in every part of the kitchen:
Dish room
Pot room
Tray line
Call backs
Tray passer
Loader
Coffee
And bake shop
Pros
Free food great benefits
Cons
Long work hours
Bellevue Hospital
(Patient Care Assistant) Surgery/ Trauma Unit 16 N (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 11, 2017
Bellevue Hospital was an Amazing Experience I really enjoy helping the patients and working with the amazing staff that have a big heart to serve the city of New York !
Friendy Staff
Urology Department Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 5, 2017
Nice place to work with friendly patients and staff. No complaints really.
Learned a lot on site and management is very helpful.
Got a lot of experience.
Productive and Fun Work Place
W.I.C Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 24, 2017
Friendly Staff, great working experience, Culturally diverse, and overall good work moral. Diverse location and a very hands-on Department............
Exhilarating and enjoyable work environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 11, 2017
The working environment was very enjoyable to be around due to the fact that it allowed one to accomplish tasks and grow individually. My time at Bellevue is an experience that I will carry on towards future opportunities, providing treatment for those in need is one of the most enjoyable aspect's of the job.
fast paced
Clerk Typist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 5, 2017
Typical Day at Bellevue: FAST Paced...in the area's I loved working in, I learned numerous life saving techniques from the area's, don't take Life for granted, Life is short.The hardest part of this job was losing a patient. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you assisted in preserving a Life. .Management was 100% on our side despite I was a Temp
Pros
learned an abundance, enjoyed being a part of the staff
Cons
Another short assignment
Staff RN, SICU (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 30, 2017
first hospital I worked at in NYC and was thrown to the wolves but left one of them. it made me an incredable nurse working with this staff in this hospital
Welcoming Environment
COORDINATING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 29, 2017
Hard working staff. Since it is a public hospital there is a very diverse client base. Vast majority treated their patients and staff as they would want to be treated. Staff was helpful and generous with knowledge.
Pros
Welcoming environment
Cons
Tight Budget
Great work experience
Psychiatric Nurse (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 26, 2017
Working in Bellevue has being the best experience of my career,Bellevue Hospital has a very welcoming environment. Everyone is very professional, hard working, and knowledgeable.
A great place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  7 FloorMarch 16, 2017
Working here was a great experance for me. I learn how to use the suncoast system. I meet a lot of good people. the most enjoyable time for me was meeting new people....
Volunteering at Bellevue
Volunteer - Crisis Advocate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 7, 2017
The training sessions are comprehensive. Emergency room visits can be intense, however the social workers check-in. There are also quarterly meetings that help.
great place to be
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 4, 2017
I loved working there great place to start and learn. I was welcomed to this place with open arms the helped and guided me to grow with them, I was sad I had to leave.
hands on lab. High volume
Temporary Posistion (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 15, 2017
working at bellevue was a good start for me. I started in OR , running stat blood gases and helping out in the main lab. I very much enjoyed working at Bellevue. I worked with a good team.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
temporary position, low pay