BELLEVUE HOSPITAL

BELLEVUE HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

My experience working at Bellevue hospital
Sterile Processing Volunteer (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 12, 2015
At Bellevue Hospital I have gain a lot of experience, these include. Receives, sorts, processes, assembles or sterilizes both patient care equipment and surgical instruments according to established departmental policies. Implements both Universal Precautions and proper use of P.P.E. Operates and loads sterilizers (Steam, ETO, Sterrad and Steris) and assures biological tests and Bowie Dick tests are correctly performed, incubated, read and recorded.Assures sterilization records are completed correctly by recording all item processed, making sure the correct label/load gun is used, reading and interpreting chemical integrator per load, observing and initialing all computerized print outs for accuracy.Adheres to correct use of computerized instrument count sheets.
Challenging and rewarding workplace.
Emergency Department Social Worker (Current Employee), Medical Emergency DepartmentApril 8, 2015
Working in the emergency room was fascinating because every day was a fresh start. I came to work never knowing what to expect, always with the possibility of seeing something new even after three years. The hours and stress of the emergency room were very challenging and do not always allow for self-care and much a family life and that is one reason for my looking for a more stable job as well as the current lack of opportunity for advancement. My social work colleagues as well as my interdisciplinary colleagues were wonderful and a big part of my growth as a professional.
being flexible
Patient Service Technician/ Inpatient Unit Clerk (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 6, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: no overtime
starting a monday can be really bussy, learning to be a multi tasker can be a plus being that the hospitals in new york can be intensive which would show you to be independent and work with helping others, the hardest part of my job is knowing not everyone gets to go home to there families,
Productive, energetic, rewarding
Intern (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 18, 2015
Pros: 1 hour lunch break, comfortable setting
Cons: fast paced
My experience at Bellevue Hospital was very rewarding and beneficial to my career choice. The work environment and co-workers were very energetic and pleasing. The clinic was often busy with patients and made it difficult to concentrate under pressure. However, I felt great joy and satisfaction assisting patients on insurance transactions and aiding on Dental material cleaning for Hygienists. I enjoyed my time spent at the Pediatric Department because it offered a new perspective I had not experienced before.
The job is ok
Patient Portal Liaison (Current Employee), Patient AdvocateMarch 14, 2015
Work environment wasn't bad.

Co-worker are friendly.

The pay is low when you are not permanent employee.

Work-life balance was ok.
Productive and fun workplace
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: n/a
come in everyday and make sandwiches for patients. I learned how to work with other people. The management treated me with lots of respect and kindness. There wasn't anything hard about the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was sometimes getting free lunch and free cookies.
Bellevue Hospital
Clinical Rotations (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYDecember 20, 2014
Great teaching hospital where I was able to complete my clinical rotations as a surgical technologist student. The staff was very welcoming and taught me many invaluable skills. I enjoyed my clinical rotations at this institute.
Psychiatric social worker
Clinical Social Worker (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 19, 2014
Pros: working in a training hospital
Cons: managed care companies only approving a few days of care.
I primarily work on the child psychiatric inpatient unit. However, throughout my years at Bellevue, I have covered on adult psychiatric units and in the ER as well. I have supervised many MSW students.
My primary responsibilities are individual and group therapies with patients, writing psychosocials and collaborating with the treatment team, caregivers and collateral contacts.

A typical day at work begins with a morning interdiscipinary report followed by "walking rounds" where the team meets briefly with each patient for a check in. I have family meetings scheduled and run groups throughout the day. Some days there are discharges which involved a lot of planning and coordination. Most days I am on the phone a lot with caregivers and people who work with or know the patient in some capacity in the community. I am often looking for additional community resources to make referrals for my patients to.

My co-workers are wonderful and it is motivating and exciting to work with such a dedicated, diverse team. The hardest part of my job is working with familes that that multitudes of stressors and not being able to do enough for them in the short amount of time that we have. The most enjoyable part is making small (and sometimes large) changes for an individual and at times family system.
ok
House Keeping Aide (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 14, 2014
everything was great at first then things changed after management changed
HARD WORKING AND PRODUCTIVE
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee), NEW YORK, NYOctober 30, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
I HAVE SEVERAL EXPERIENCES BY WORKING VARIOUS CLINIC AT BELLEVUE , CANCER , ENT, DERMATAOLGY , GYN, SURGICAL ETC..
AWESOME AND PROFESSIONAL
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 27, 2014
THE PLACE WAS PROFESSIONAL AND EASY TO DEAL WITH. IT WAS ALSO A GREAT ATMOSPHERE.
Very adequate work place, co workers work together to get things done
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 22, 2014
Good experience, very organized work area, as I accessioned I placed bar code labels on specimens.
professionalism,productive and a friendly environment.
Central Sterile Technician (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 3, 2014
Working at Bellevue Hospital has been the most enthusiastic moment among all my working life. The facility is conducive for learning and exposes you to new things. The team members are helpful in upgrading your standard of knowledge to live up to the prerequisites of the job. Above all, the management coordinates with the lower team members to offer excellent services to health seekers.
Challenging and exciting workplace for excellence in patient care
CERTIFIED NURSE ASSISTANT (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 23, 2014
I come to work early morning and get my assignment for the day from our head nurse. I make my rounds checking patients' vital signs. Then, I enter all the vital sign data into our hospital database. After this is done, I check on my patients and ask about their needs and concerns. I personally take care of the needs of each patient which include personal hygiene, bedding change, clean clothing, etc. Additionally, I assist with feeding the patients. I continue recording the data related to each patient (e.g., intake and output, vitals) and entering it into the hospital database.
My co-workers are very helpful and easy to work with.
fast paced environment, friendly coworkers
Administrative Assistant/Clerical Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 20, 2014
Pros: day goes fast
Cons: too busy to take a break
typical day at start at 7. mornings are the extremely busy any where between 1 and 20 patients within the first 2 hours of the morning. Afternoons may slow doing but are still busy. day goes fast because you are always busy.
Externship Site. Busy working environment. So many departments to work in.
Pharmacy Technician (Intern Trainee) (Former Employee), 462 1st Avenue, New York, NY 10016August 1, 2014
Pros: assisting in different environments in the hospital.
Cons: none. it was a great experience for me.
This was my externship site where I got more hands on experience working with pharmacists and lots of hospital staff. It was very exciting to me because there was never a down moment. Being in a hospital environment really made me feel dignified as a potential employee.
Bellevue Hospital
Sitter (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 29, 2014
The best hospital in the city. The care and concern the staff show for each other and the patients is incredible.
Committed to providing quality trauma care to the multipe injured patient
Trauma Program Manager-Department of Surgery (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 25, 2014
Pros: busy trauma center caring for all levels of trauma and injured patients
Cons: limited resources
The trauma team is committed to providing quality care to the injured patient. Work collaboratively as a team and respect the input from all care providers.
The Work Place
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYJuly 22, 2014
A typical day at work for me at Bellevue Hospital is me coming in and doing closings for all the inmates who has come to the clinic in the past. My co-workers are very helpful when I am in need of help. The hardest part of my job is doing closings everyday and not getting introduced to anything new.
Maintenance
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 14, 2014
Organized and detail oriented individual who exemplifies professionalism, and an ability to manage multiple projects and tasks at any given moment

1 2 3 4

About BELLEVUE HOSPITAL

The Bellevue Hospital has been serving the community since 1914. In 1914 a group of Bellevue citizens looked to the future and – Read more

BELLEVUE HOSPITAL Salaries