Bellevue Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Has great classes to help you excel in the work place only if you can be allotted the time to attend.
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 24, 2016
The volume of patients we see a day in the clinic could be very overwhelming, but if you have a great team to assist you anything is possible.
Great place to start
Neonatal Intensive Care Nurse (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 4, 2016
Great experience lots of patient interaction and diverse community to work with. Pay is not competitive with private hospitals but benefits make up for that! lots for room for improvement
unionized with the New York State Nurses association.
productive and fun work place
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 20, 2016
I enjoyed the work with my clients. After programatic changes, services seemed less about client's and more focused on entering client information on databases.
A great place to work and grow.
Housekeeping Aide (Current Employee) –  All areasJuly 13, 2016
Working in Bellevue is awesome by just getting the environment ready to receive a patient who comes in for treatment. I have a great rapport with management and team players. The hardest part about my day is when a patient arrive and I been a certified nurse assistant cannot interact with the patient as its not my job title. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I am apart of the patient recovery to good health.
Multiple one-to-one observation
PCT/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 18, 2016
Certain patient that required to be closely monitored, should be so by male workers rather than female workers due excessive force exerted by those patients.
Pros
Improvement
Cons
Always short on staffs
Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 8, 2016
Greeted visitors in the critical care unit. Provided professional and hospitable service to waiting room visitors.Applied Medical Administration knowledge gained from concurrent course work into the field
Pros
Coworkers were great
Cons
Temp position
Best place to learn to work with all levels of society
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 20, 2016
I work with a very professional team,the members are team players. My supervisor is fair and supportive with the staff. I work with a diverse group of patients. The most enjoyable part of the the job is to see a person over come illness and leave in good health. The hardest part is when you can not help the patient regain his or her health.
Pros
You work with every level of society
Cons
Some patients can be hard to work with
Active Work Environment and Fast Paced
HOSPITAL POLICE INTERN (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 4, 2016
If you like to work fast paced and have a lot on your hands, Bellevue Hospital is the place to be. I interned in Hospital Police and there wasn't a day where I wasn't doing anything.
Pros
A working environment
Cons
Good food is outside the hospital
Diverse work environment, good avenue for enhancing knowledge and skills, a busy work environment
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  462 First Avenue New York, NYApril 16, 2016
It's one of NYC biggest city hospital so a busy work environment is expected. The good thing is healthcare workers are equipped with the relevant knowledge and skills. Although it's a diverse work setting but the health care team works hand in hand to deliver the best patient care.
Productive and fun
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 10, 2016
The Hospital is a level 1 trauma center and very highly recommended. You have every opportunity to learn. The hardest part of my job is the work load. The most enjoyable part of my job is patient satisfaction.
Amazing
ATLAS Program Volunteer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 3, 2016
A typical day at Bellevue Hospital is amazing. You meet new people everyday and everyone looks out for each other. Everyone is like a family.
Bellevue Hospital
Dialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 21, 2016
My 2 & a half years at Bellevue hospital, have been very educational. experienced more inpatient & acute settings & worked along some of the finest nurses, doctors & staff as well. I was in the hospital when the first Ebola patient who was a Dr. without borders contracted while working in west Africa. I made some great friends in the process, senators to governors to ex presidents have all visited as patients, this hospital is a landmark.
N/a
Lab Tech (Current Employee) –  462 1st Avenue, NY, NYMarch 20, 2016
I was given a recognition letter for working double shift due to the stormy weather that caused some employees to be absent from work.
Internship
Patient Advocate (Internship) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 26, 2016
I enjoyed working with the staff at Bellevue. I got to experience a lot as well as apply skills I have from previous employment. The experience and the staff was exceptional.
Pros
I learned a lot in a short period of time
Cons
It was an internship and not permanent employment
Bad management
Accounts Payable Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 20, 2016
Accounting department is poorly managed. The invoices are always lost. Employees are mistreated by Director. Unfriendly environment to work in. People constantly leaving the department
Pros
Assist patient
Cons
unorganized
Excellent work experience in a hospital setting.
Leader of Activity (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 24, 2015
I enjoyed working in a a hospital being that my dream one day is to be there. I was able to make kids laugh, while also teaching them important life lessons. It was a very humbling experience and I am very happy to have worked here.
Pros
Free lunch
great place
Central Service Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 12, 2015
Interning at Bellvue was a learning and rewarding experience. It was an exciting and fast paced environment.The workers were friendly and very helpfull.
one of the best hospital to work for.
psychiatric technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 10, 2015
Very productive place to work. Very diverse and the employees are fun to work with. They have all the tools and training's to make you successful
Diversity of patients amazing experience
Primary Staff R.N (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 10, 2015
Wonderful experience at this world renowned city hospital and culture. Unfortunately the city payed so low as many could not afford their rent or mortgages.
Pros
DIVERSITY AND CULTURE OF THIS WORLD RENOWNED CITY INSTITUTION
Cons
FINANCIAL COMPENSATION
Great enviroment
Clerical Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 9, 2015
A great environment with opportunity to grow. very Good people to work with, of course there's always a bunch who likes to ruin the day, but everyone works Hard.

the hardest part of the job is working on floors where Traffic is heavy, so Maneuvering was a skill you had to learn, the best part of the day was helping the Patients and making sure things went smoothly as possible from my department
Pros
Free lunch, Reasonable Downtime
Cons
People attitudes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bellevue Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Bellevue Hospital Reviews by Location