Bellevue School District Employee Reviews

Tutoring adorable children
Volunteer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 26, 2017
My role as a mentor/tutor was to tutor a foreign student English and to assist the teacher in the classroom during group work or presentation, and to help students with their projects one on one. I worked in a friendly professional environment that allowed me to learn how to communicate with older people and younger kids with patience. I was respectful to every student who I encountered and give everyone my undivided attention. The hardest part of the job was to give everyone attention and to go around and help every student or to settle down students if there was a situation, which thankfully didn't happen so often. I enjoyed being around the children, and listening to them and assisting them when ever they needed help and watching them bloom everyday with new information.
Pros
positive environment, respectful setting
Cons
short breaks
learned many teaching styles
Customer Service Public Records (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 22, 2017
stressful
We are in need of someone who will be reliable and consistent in this position. Receptionist/secretarial or similar experience preferred.

Duties/ Skills include, but are not limited to:

Welcoming guests and visitors

Answering multi-lined phones

Making reservations

Computer Skills

Customer Service Skills

Checking Guests in and out

Room Inspections

Taking payments- handling credit card payments, issuing receipts, etc.

Opening and closing of the lobby
Administration Culture
Administrative Secretary (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMarch 20, 2017
_ Excellent Educators and all staffs are doing the best for the students with limited resources
_ Poor administrative management
_ Organization operation is functional operation
_ Due to low compensation, some staffs are under qualified for the jobs such as poor computer skills
Pros
Understand the culture and operation of education entity
Cons
Low compensation for support staffs, lack of diversity in district level
Great School District
Success Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMarch 15, 2017
I feel very fortunate to have been able to work in the Bellevue School District as a mentor for 1,000 middle schoolers. My job description is very flexible and changes every day depending on the need of the school. Examples are: after-school coordinator, counselor, mentor, office assistant, hall monitor, safety specialist and program manager. Our school has overall great staff and the administrators do their best to support and listen to various needs. Watching the students succeed is the best part of the job. Especially the students that are harder to help. The greater the challenge, the harder I work.
Pros
Work Culture, Vacation Time, Medical Benefits, Staff and Diverse Student Body.
Cons
Salary
Excellent school
Technical Assistant/Independent Contributor (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 9, 2016
BSD was a wonderful school agency to work for with excellent staff and a great resource for learning about technical resources for classrooms.
Moving on up
Summer Moving Technician (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 15, 2016
In a typical day I interact with other team members to facilitate moving multiple schools. I work with a great group of co-workers who typically return each year as the work environment is so enjoyable. The hardest part of my job is it is only seasonal.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Only seasonal work
Na
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAFebruary 3, 2016
I work in different schools on different days so an accurate review is not possible. Each school is run by a different administrative team.
Growing District
Administrative Supervisor (Current Employee) –  98005March 25, 2015
Excellent place to work, growing district that is growing to fast at times. The demand is growing faster than the district can maintain.
The best education a child could receive but the worst place to work
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAFebruary 11, 2015
Save yourself time and your life and do not work here. At this time there are many employees who are unhappy and the turn over is incredibly fast.
Pros
If you do not live in the district they can attend
Cons
Too many
Not a great place for me!
Secretary - Special Education Department (Current Employee) –  Bellevue WADecember 22, 2014
Most days are hectic. I've learned that this is not a great environment for me and that I need a change. The hardest part of the job is lack of procedures/policies to do the work. The scope of the work needs to be better defined. The most enjoyable part of the day is my ability to provide administrative support and customer service. Management is lacking.
Pros
Union
Cons
No time for breaks
Hostile Work Environment
Substitute Educator (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WADecember 22, 2014
Too many staff and students who are bullied and abused in the Bellevue School District. There are is also too much political drama educators have to deal with and many of the educators who are directly supporting kids, make absolutely nothing.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the students. They were great and I enjoyed supporting every child!
Pros
The kids.
Cons
Abuse, bullying, bad wages, politics.
Great Learning Opportunities
Human Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WADecember 3, 2014
Great Learning Opportunities & Support. The community that supports the district is always willing to jump in to help.
Pros
Great Support
Paraeducator (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 13, 2014
 Worked with several students, in the Resource Room as a Para-educator.
 Skilled in managing classroom and implementing discipline upon the pupils.
 Knowledge of the various clerical tasks within an educational institution.
 Experienced in dealing with children from various ethnic backgrounds.
 Good at following verbal as well as written communication.
 Skills in positive interaction with students and their parents.
 Knowledge of child behavior and development.
Good life experience with kids
AVID Coach (Former Employee) –  Bellevue WashingtonApril 22, 2014
I helped out high school students with homework. It was a great experience being able to use my knowledge to help out the students.
I love the job I have.
Office Secretary, VIBES Liaison, Attendance (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 14, 2014
A typical day would be to come in, work on attendance, supervise for recess, office duties, lunchroom and lunch recess duties.

The hardest part of the job, is that because I am in the main office, there are continuous interruptions, whether from fellow colleagues, to just parents having questions. Because you do get interrupted fairly often, managing and staying on task could be a hard part.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the kids. I love my job, seeing the smiles on their faces, working with my co-workers. Communication is key in our job. I believe my co-workers, and my boss has done a wonderful job at it. Because it is done so well, everyone gets along, and is on the same page.
Overall, I was not happy being a union employee
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WADecember 16, 2013
Overall, I enjoyed working with the people at the school district, however, I did not like being part of a union where the pay scale was way below scale.

It is a diverse environment which I enjoyed and my favorite part of my job was the gratification I got after helping someone who was very apprciative for my help and I left them learning something new..
Pros
great staff
Cons
no general perks, like coffe or tea provided
Every day is a challenge
Security Monitor (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WANovember 24, 2013
The management will try to protect their pockets by portraying in doing something on your behalf. Once they know your weak point and you can volunteer in doing many things, they will abuse of your knowledge and skill until they will get rid off you.
Pros
Holidays
Cons
Never expect they are on your side
Volunteer
Parents Advisory and Action Committee (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAOctober 15, 2013
It's good opportunity for us to be volunteer for school district.
Pros
Know what is going on for the school district, have voice for parents
Cons
Need commitment with volunteer job.
Great Learning Process
Behavioral Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAFebruary 7, 2013
Bellevue Schools have earned the reputation for excellence in education, but have lost site of their most important members. My typical day was filled with counseling sessions for students, running from class to class helping kids with their school work, and meeting with parents and staff alike for a number of meetings considering the needs of students. I genuinely cared for the students and their education, but they were largely neglected due to inaccurate funding. I learned how to be exceptionally efficient and gained major endurance. There was a lot of pressure for excellence and protocol, and very little support from management. Compensation was decent, but they purposely cut hours down to keep us from benefits. The best part of the job was seeing kids getting the help they needed. That was my biggest motivation.
Pros
great work/life balance
Cons
no benefits
Bellevue Schools are among the best in the country
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJanuary 3, 2012
Bellevue Schools are among the best in the country which reflects the importance of education to the community, families, students, teachers and administrators. They are not perfect and that can be frustrating for everyone involved as difficult situations are faced with increasingly limited budgets from the state.