Bello Machre Employee Reviews

Great work enviroment
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDDecember 14, 2016
Bello Machre is an exceptional company to work for. The management and leadership care deeply for the people we serve and for their employees. The non-profit and DDA regulated world is highly taxing in general and it is very hard to find a life-work balance. Yet, this DEPENDS on the position you take. If you are apart of the residential team, you will have a difficult time finding work-life balance. If you are in business or support services, its easier to find that balance- even though there will be days where you will not. It is very hard work but if you enjoy giving back to the community and to people you will find it a rewarding experience and supportive atmosphere.
Pros
Good benefits, meaning and purpose to life, good leadership
Cons
long days, hard work life balance, never off
The Bad outweighs the good!
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDJanuary 24, 2017
No work life balance. Uppper management is inconsistent. The level of care for the individuals is not up to par. The company lacks communication and often times treat their employees unfair.

The HR department is unorganized at times and you have to stay on top of them.

The residential department lacks effective leadership therefore they operate under chaos which is the culture at the company.
Pros
Free medical insurance
Cons
Overall job culture
One thing when interviewing another when you start working!
Residential Services (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDMay 22, 2016
As an FLD you are responsible for staff and individuals in the homes. It is hard to find coverage and you have NO support from management. Some co-workers are great, but its best to stay to yourself! This place is GOSSIP CENTRAL! Even with management, if you dont want someone to know something just keep it to yourself. Most enjoyable part of this just is getting attached to some of the individuals. Your job will be secure because they need the help...BAD!
Pros
You get to see the difference you make in the individuals lives.
Cons
No support from management, high turn over rate, too much gossiping
The flexibility is good
Residential Specialist (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDJanuary 25, 2017
The flexibility is good. Great holiday parties. Wonderful clients and wonderful staff. No room for growth. Treated like family.
Pros
1 hour paid lunch
Cons
High expectations low pay
Weekend Family Living Director/CMT (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDJune 17, 2016
A typical day at work is getting everyone really for their Day Program. I learn that every day is something new. Management is good and you can learn a lot from them. My co-workers are great and we do work together. The hardest part of my job is nothing I love helping people.
Pros
Great co-worker
Cons
Low pay scale
Demanding Job
Family Living Director (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDMay 23, 2016
Job is very demanding and it does not offer much of job work/ life balance. You often work 70+ hours a week. It is very difficult to get time off as there is a shortage of staff. Agency has great principles and the work is gratifying although stressful at times.
Pros
interaction with individuals
Cons
demanding job. You work alot of hours
Love it!
Student Intern and Family Living Assitant (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDApril 13, 2016
I started as an intern and later was hired as a Family Living Assistant. I unfortunately had to resign due to conflict with school scheduling. By far, the best place I have ever worked for. Everyone is so caring, kind, wonderful, and passionate about helping our clients with such open hearts.
Productive and Enjoyable environment
Case Manager (intern) (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDJanuary 31, 2015
Typical day involves coming to work on time and clocking in. You are expected to complete your work either from home or on site. i have learned so much about the Case Management position in the little time i have been there. i have learned about documentation amongst other paperwork details. My co-workers are extremely friendly and helpful at all times. The hardest part of the job is prioritizing and the most enjoyable part is the freedom.
Pros
everything ( people and food)
Cons
Location becomes quite dark at night
Great presentation ,great orientation
Family Living Director (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDJune 3, 2015
Extremely difficult. short staff, no communication or support. very unhealthy environment. Lack of support for managers. Go workers are very helpful and care about the individuals. Hardest part of the job is the long tiring hours .The best part is the difference you make in the consumers lives.
Pros
the individuals
Cons
the lack of support from the team
Never a dull moment
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDJune 29, 2015
I don't have a typical work day. Each day is different and brings it own challenges or rewards. There is an on-call rotation for the weekends. Program Directors are on-call Monday - 5pm on Friday.
Pros
Work from home day
Cons
Rather Not Say
great
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDSeptember 2, 2015
this company gives young people a chance to get their foot in the door. decent company overall. I recommend it to others. haven't worked there in years but I still recommend it
good for recent hs or college
CMT (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDMay 27, 2015
Good way to obtain job experience.
You work with some of the sweetest disabled people.
You can work many hours if you like.
You get free housing as a Residential Director.
Pros
a lot of hours available
Cons
low pay for people with college degrees
Family Living Director,
Family Living Director (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDFebruary 18, 2015
A great job, you meet a lot of people. Be prepared for alot of training before you are working. difficult finding coverage. choose a fully staffed home
Enjoy working with the handicap individuals
Support Services/Respite Care (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MD 21060November 3, 2013
It's rewarding knowing I can make a difference in someone's life.
Pros
We get bonus
Cons
Pay needs to be better
Good Company
Family Living Director, Mentor (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDFebruary 11, 2013
A great job, you meet alot of people. Be prepared for alot of training before you are working.
Pros
alot of available hours
Cons
hard to find coverage or get off tmime
Great staff Great company
Awake Overnight Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDNovember 30, 2012
Bello Machre is a wonderful company to work for. The overall company was great clients and staff nothing bad to say.
Good work place.
Family Living Director (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie Maryland USAMay 25, 2012
This is a nice place to work. I enjoying helping the people we serve to enjoying the most of their life.
One of the best place to work.
Residential Manager (Current Employee) –  MarylandJune 21, 2013
I love working at Bello Machre inc! This is one of the best places to work.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bello Machre. Our community is ready to answer.

Bello Machre Reviews by Location