Bello Machre Employee Reviews

Bello Machree was wonderful
House Manager (Former Employee) –  Glen BurnieNovember 26, 2017
Bello Machree is a wonderful company. This is a company that puts a lot of resources on employee medical training. The training is scheduled several time a year for everyone. This is a medical oriented company.
Pros
They train and re-train employees. They have a lot of job evaluations.
Cons
clients have less opportunities to grow in group activities
Official response from Bello Machre
December 28, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We recognize the importance of having well trained employees so they are comfortable in their positions and are providing the individuals with the best quality of loving care. We offer our employees' training at varying times during the week as we understand our employees have differing schedules and we want to do our best to accommodate everyone. Your concern regarding group activities is very insightful; and we agree that this can be a wonderful way to grow and experience a more meaningful life. Our Day Program named “Meaningful Day” encourages and supports people in getting out in the community for new experiences! We also encourage our homes to get together for group activities such as dinners, bowling, and other outings. With that said, we also look forward to adding even more group activities, as you mentioned. Again, thank you for your thoughtful feedback!

Cultural
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDMarch 5, 2017
Great Work Environment, Like a family Setting, they make you feel like a part of the company within as soon as you join the team, but can do better on package
Pros
Team work
Cons
Some Management issues
The flexibility is good
Residential Specialist (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDJanuary 25, 2017
The flexibility is good. Great holiday parties. Wonderful clients and wonderful staff. No room for growth. Treated like family.
Pros
1 hour paid lunch
Cons
High expectations low pay
The Bad outweighs the good!
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDJanuary 24, 2017
No work life balance. Uppper management is inconsistent. The level of care for the individuals is not up to par. The company lacks communication and often times treat their employees unfair.

The HR department is unorganized at times and you have to stay on top of them.

The residential department lacks effective leadership therefore they operate under chaos which is the culture at the company.
Pros
Free medical insurance
Cons
Overall job culture
Great work enviroment
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDDecember 14, 2016
Bello Machre is an exceptional company to work for. The management and leadership care deeply for the people we serve and for their employees. The non-profit and DDA regulated world is highly taxing in general and it is very hard to find a life-work balance. Yet, this DEPENDS on the position you take. If you are apart of the residential team, you will have a difficult time finding work-life balance. If you are in business or support services, its easier to find that balance- even though there will be days where you will not. It is very hard work but if you enjoy giving back to the community and to people you will find it a rewarding experience and supportive atmosphere.
Pros
Good benefits, meaning and purpose to life, good leadership
Cons
long days, hard work life balance, never off
Weekend Family Living Director/CMT (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDJune 17, 2016
A typical day at work is getting everyone really for their Day Program. I learn that every day is something new. Management is good and you can learn a lot from them. My co-workers are great and we do work together. The hardest part of my job is nothing I love helping people.
Pros
Great co-worker
Cons
Low pay scale
Demanding Job
Family Living Director (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDMay 23, 2016
Job is very demanding and it does not offer much of job work/ life balance. You often work 70+ hours a week. It is very difficult to get time off as there is a shortage of staff. Agency has great principles and the work is gratifying although stressful at times.
Pros
interaction with individuals
Cons
demanding job. You work alot of hours
Love it!
Student Intern and Family Living Assitant (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDApril 13, 2016
I started as an intern and later was hired as a Family Living Assistant. I unfortunately had to resign due to conflict with school scheduling. By far, the best place I have ever worked for. Everyone is so caring, kind, wonderful, and passionate about helping our clients with such open hearts.
great
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDSeptember 2, 2015
this company gives young people a chance to get their foot in the door. decent company overall. I recommend it to others. haven't worked there in years but I still recommend it
Never a dull moment
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDJune 29, 2015
I don't have a typical work day. Each day is different and brings it own challenges or rewards. There is an on-call rotation for the weekends. Program Directors are on-call Monday - 5pm on Friday.
Pros
Work from home day
Cons
Rather Not Say
Great presentation ,great orientation
Family Living Director (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDJune 3, 2015
Extremely difficult. short staff, no communication or support. very unhealthy environment. Lack of support for managers. Go workers are very helpful and care about the individuals. Hardest part of the job is the long tiring hours .The best part is the difference you make in the consumers lives.
Pros
the individuals
Cons
the lack of support from the team
good for recent hs or college
CMT (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDMay 27, 2015
Good way to obtain job experience.
You work with some of the sweetest disabled people.
You can work many hours if you like.
You get free housing as a Residential Director.
Pros
a lot of hours available
Cons
low pay for people with college degrees
Family Living Director,
Family Living Director (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDFebruary 18, 2015
A great job, you meet a lot of people. Be prepared for alot of training before you are working. difficult finding coverage. choose a fully staffed home
Productive and Enjoyable environment
Case Manager (intern) (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDJanuary 31, 2015
Typical day involves coming to work on time and clocking in. You are expected to complete your work either from home or on site. i have learned so much about the Case Management position in the little time i have been there. i have learned about documentation amongst other paperwork details. My co-workers are extremely friendly and helpful at all times. The hardest part of the job is prioritizing and the most enjoyable part is the freedom.
Pros
everything ( people and food)
Cons
Location becomes quite dark at night
Enjoy working with the handicap individuals
Support Services/Respite Care (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MD 21060November 3, 2013
It's rewarding knowing I can make a difference in someone's life.
Pros
We get bonus
Cons
Pay needs to be better
One of the best place to work.
Residential Manager (Current Employee) –  MarylandJune 21, 2013
I love working at Bello Machre inc! This is one of the best places to work.
Good Company
Family Living Director, Mentor (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDFebruary 11, 2013
A great job, you meet alot of people. Be prepared for alot of training before you are working.
Pros
alot of available hours
Cons
hard to find coverage or get off tmime
Great staff Great company
Awake Overnight Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDNovember 30, 2012
Bello Machre is a wonderful company to work for. The overall company was great clients and staff nothing bad to say.
Good work place.
Family Living Director (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie Maryland USAMay 25, 2012
This is a nice place to work. I enjoying helping the people we serve to enjoying the most of their life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bello Machre. Our community is ready to answer.

Bello Machre Reviews by Location