Belmont Village Employee Reviews

A typical day at work
Memory Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 21, 2016
It is a great place to work because I'm able to make a difference in the lives of my residents every day. I learned so much about the behavioral side of Alzheimer's and Dementia. The disease touches everyone life differently. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know the residents and their families. My co-workers are great.
Pros
Free Meals and great people to work with
Cons
Death is evitable and constant when you work with seniors
Fun and family orientated work environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CASeptember 27, 2016
I enjoyed caring for all of my patients and seeing progress daily. Building a relationship is vital to your success and most importantly it releases any added stress they may have.
Pros
staff is really amazing
Poor Management and Not enough workers
Personal Assistant Liaison (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAMay 18, 2016
You get to work and you have crossover where you are suppose to tell the incoming shift any information on residents so that we know if there is something we should watch for. Always lacking in this department. Most of the upper management do no care if you have lives outside of work. They do not try and work with you if you need to make arrangements at work. Favoritism is a huge issue here. It doesn't matter how hard you work you will never get promoted. The only good thing about it is the benefits package and quarterly bonuses. Even then it isn't worth staying there because if its not convenient for them for you to be there you get the boot.
Pros
free lunches, quarterly bonuses
Cons
not enough staff, to many residents, ridiculous expectations
Productive and fun place to work
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 15, 2016
Love working with the staff and management. Would recommend Belmont Village to anyone who is qualified to work here. The owner of the company in an inspiration to us all. Her vision is eye opening.
Amazing Experience!
Dining Room Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 10, 2016
Belmont Village specializes in working with Senior Citizens with Alzheimer's. Great experience to encounter each and every resident there.
Pros
benefits, work schedule, knowledge through residents.
Good environment but minimum opportunity for advancement
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 26, 2016
Belmont Village is a reputable facility. I have worked there for 8 years on a part-time basis which was acceptable as I had young
children and my husband was employed full time.

My typical day begins at 6 AM and ends at 10 AM. The hardest
part of my job is getting to work as I live in Stone Mountain and my job is in Roswell. It's a very long compute going and coming.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with the clients and staff. I enjoy helping people and the aged persons in the
facility seem to appreciate my assistance and my personality,
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Little opportunity to advance beyond the current position, to become a full time employee, or to have benefits.
residents are entertaining
Patient Care (Former Employee) –  houston, txMarch 15, 2016
good place to work if you have a passion for the job duties. they have plenty of hours available very flexible management is management for the residents not the employees high turn over rate because they work you and you will work every weekend
Pros
pay/benefits
Cons
roatating schedule working every weekend
great place to work
Enrichment Leader (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 14, 2016
Great company, stay busy all the time. Great experience working with the elderly population. Room to grow. Never a dull moment in any area.
Pros
lots of laughs
Cons
not enough pals
Eventful,creative,rewarding work enviroment.
Activities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Encino, CAOctober 10, 2015
Rewarding work place with a very supportive manager.Worked alongside hard-working, fun and disciplined co-workers. The best part of the day was working with the residences on brain activities allowing them to continue use them with creative and unique activities.
Pros
I could plan the day with my own activities, using a guideline of the program.Making people's lives more enjoyable.
Cons
Pay, Upper management not understanding the real concepts of our job.
A day at Belmont Village
Personal assistant liaison (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GAAugust 24, 2015
How my day starts at Belmont village us first waking and dressing our residents up, also making there beds. Our goal is to keep the residents happy and always making them feel like they are at home. I believe this work was hard in the beginning but after getting the swing into things it become very easy. Organization played a big part in this kind of work. The part i enjoyed those about working here is establishing a great relationship with the residents.
great workplace culture
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 14, 2015
nice place to work with very professional and understanding management. i learned how to take care of elderly people. the most enjoyable part of my job was getting to help elderly people who really needed the help and making a difference in their lives.
Pros
lots of overtime if needed
Cons
breaks are unpaid and very short
I lkove working with Seniors especially Vetrans
Dining Room Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 9, 2015
Working with seniors and veterans is joyful experience. Listening to their stories and how spent their life and their kids is all fun. It is fun job but it is also hard sometimes over whelming but productive. At the end of the day there is a feeling of satisfaction. It is good feeling.
Pros
Yes we had free lunches and employee activities
Cons
managment dont care
Serves as my training ground for improvement.
Cook (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 18, 2015
My supervisor is nice as well as my co-workers. The team is open for any suggestions and better ideas. The kitchen is very busy as usual but it is fun place to work and they appreciate your talent.
rewarding to work with the residents
Resident Care, Dimentia Care (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 29, 2014
A typical day at work was pretty mild. I worked 3rd shift so there wasn't a lot going on. I learned a lot about dementia and how to work with those residents. Nurses at the time were on call so sometimes they were not easy to get a hold of in the case of an emergency. The best part of my job was the residents. I felt like I was taking care of dozens of my own grandparents, and I loved it.
Pros
The residents were the greatest part of my experience
Cons
The nurses being on call was the biggest con
I enjoy very much taking care of the elderly.
Personal Assistant caregiver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 31, 2013
At Belmont Village, I started working there with no experience. My main experience was in accounting. When I started to care for the elderly, I realized this is something I really like to do. I moved to Texas to help care for our mom. She had cancer. She now has passed. I moved bake home in California. I am looking for work as a provider or any job having to do with caring for the elderly.
Pros
Making people smile and comfortable
Cons
very nice and clean place to work for.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Oak Park, ILMay 31, 2012
working at belmont was a great experience for me.it got me start in working in the healthcare fill.i learn how to take good care of seniors,what they like and what they dont like.our boss was a nice and understanding lady,coworkers we always help each other and did team work.the hardest part was when i move away and wasnt able to work there anymore.the enjoying part was seeing the smile on the residents faces when we help them,the family being happy too.belmont was one of the best places i have worked at.
Pros
lunch was good, clean place.
Overall fun working environment
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 19, 2013
This is a lock down facility for children so a typical day consists of having a team meeting about how the youth were that day. Bring the youth in and go over afternoon activities, have dinner, get ready for showers, and then they go to sleep. The hardest part about this job is that is was a little stressful. The most enjoyable part was helping the youth learn how to deal with stressful situations so that they can survive within the community.
Review
Resident Aide (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 6, 2012
It's not a good place to work. The nurses show favoritism and co-workers refer to African Americans as 'coloreds'. If you are an African American and someone calls you a 'colored' and you don't like it, you will be fired and your co-workers will put some unknown substance in your protein shake to make you sick. Meanwhile, the one who calls you names will continue to keep their job and recieve a promotion.
Pros
residents are great to talk to and work with
Cons
smells like old people
Learning a variety
Driver (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 29, 2013
I have branched out to different jobs to find what I love to do. I have learned I love working with people, helping any way I can. A typical day at work is getting there a little early to set up for the day, start the day by my checklist, help whoever needs help and proceed with my job. I love my coworkers because they are nice people who think positive. The hardest part of my job is learning streets and areas in other cities. Management is pretty good for most part, the only thing I would change is the way they discipline workers. If they see someone doing something they should let them know right then and there instead of telling other managers to deal with it later. Over all I am a very positive person who see the positive in everything everyday.
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
short luche
Difficult place to work
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 1, 2013
Territory and District Managers constantly at odds with each and gave conflicting orders for procedures. Staff very cliquish and it was surprising how prejudice the black staff were against other races. Staff was quick the play the "race card".
The Executive Director was the only good part about the job and workplace.
Pros
Executive Director
Cons
Prejudism among the staff went unchecked and unchallenged

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Belmont Village. Our community is ready to answer.