Belmont Village

Belmont Village Employee Reviews

good place to work, but need more labor
Executive Chef/Chef Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 18, 2015
preparing 3 meals a day, managing front and back of the house, i work with a bunch of great people, but seem to be understaffed for such a big facility,
fun place to work
Server (Former Employee), Memphis, TNApril 14, 2015
Belmont Village was a great place to work. The assisting of the elderly made it very pleasing to do. You work at your own pace which really made it great.
Intense work environment
Healthcare/ Customer Service / Caregiver (Former Employee), Cardiff, CAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: coworkers, never a dull moment, always busy, time passed so fast
Cons: short breaks or no breaks, coworkers, management staff, short staffed
A typical day at work would start off pretty hectic depending on which shift you're on. We were always super busy, if anything running up and down the halls trying to get everything done that we needed to in the extremely short amount of time given to do those. We worked the assisted living part of the retirement home. You would always be running everywhere trying to get everything done. The at the end of the shift you would have to sit down and do charts and then shift change. I learned how to be a great caregiver, also how to give medications, along with Alzheimer's and dementia training, and more medical experience. The hardest part of my job was always running around, not getting along with all of your coworkers, all the drama that tended to happen there, and never having enough time. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with my residents, some of my coworkers made my shifts easier due to working together, and how there was never a dull moment at work.
Very busy
Server (Former Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 27, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
The most enjoyable day at work is interacting with the residents.
it was okay...it was just a job
Caregiver (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 15, 2014
Pros: getting a check
Cons: short breaks
I typical day was just that ... it was just a day.... I was a check to be made.
It's a decent place to work.
Driver Weekend Relief (Former Employee), San Diego, CA Sabre SprindsOctober 7, 2014
Pros: i like being out and about.
Cons: lots of politics! =(
Pros
It's a beautiful retirement community.
The residents are wonderful, the bus driving position I had was a lot of fun!
Very Productive and a great learning experiance
Concierge (Former Employee), Modesto, CAJuly 22, 2014
Pros: free lunch, working with the elderly
Cons: i felt out of place from most of the workers
I learned a lot from working at Belmont. If I had the chance to go back as a nurse I would. The environment was a little hard to get use to in the beginning, but it all went well. The best part is working with the elderly. You can learn so much and gain some really great friends in them. I learned to help maintain their diets as well as keep an eye out for someone who may be in need of help. Most of the residents had Dementia and some couldn't talk. So though it was a challenge I had to learn to communicate with those who didn't speak and learn to adjust to those who were very forgetful. The hardest part of working there is the lose of a resident, especially one in which was under your supervision. It was also very hard for me to leave there.
Caterer, Decorater
Waitress and Caterer (Former Employee), Fayetteville,NCJuly 9, 2014
Always enjoyed making someone special everything they wanted to be
Fast pace environment
Caregiver (Former Employee), Corona del Mar, CAMay 27, 2014
Taking care of elderly and deable patients. Assisted patients with hygiene, dressing and grooming.Maintained rooms sanitized and clean. Ensured patients took medicine. Log any changes an declined of pt.
productive and safely mannered place to work
Dishwasher/caregiver assistant (Former Employee), Oak Park, ILMay 4, 2014
Pros: free food, nice environment, quiet place, good learning and caring people.
Cons: no cons
a typical day at was when I arrived to work , I started my day and I only had 2 load of dishes which I had took care of with no problem then helped care givers assist with there residents. I learned to help others and care for others and loved one more and just to keep a clean and healthy environment no matter where you are. the management is well organize and put together and also works as one to better things in the facility and situations. my co-workers are all in to help one another and give as much attention and detail oriented with helping, caring, and assisting. The hardest part of the job is when its so busy and I have to multitask but I can managed it with being consistent and accurately in a fast pace but mannered way. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I get to be part of a hardworking team and that is dedicated and committed to their job and being treated equally and fairly.
rewarding to work with the residents
Resident Care, Dimentia Care (Former Employee), Louisville, KYApril 29, 2014
Pros: the residents were the greatest part of my experience
Cons: the nurses being on call was the biggest con
A typical day at work was pretty mild. I worked 3rd shift so there wasn't a lot going on. I learned a lot about dementia and how to work with those residents. Nurses at the time were on call so sometimes they were not easy to get a hold of in the case of an emergency. The best part of my job was the residents. I felt like I was taking care of dozens of my own grandparents, and I loved it.
Great experience
Activities Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 16, 2014
The hardest part was the nature of the business, Dementia care is tough, yet rewarding. To help someone and get to know them, was fun, enjoyable and satisfying. However due to dealing with dementia care of individuals in their 80's and 90's, my time with that person was sometimes sad also.
Difficult place to work
Chef Manager (Former Employee), Memphis, TNNovember 1, 2013
Pros: executive director
Cons: prejudism among the staff went unchecked and unchallenged
Territory and District Managers constantly at odds with each and gave conflicting orders for procedures. Staff very cliquish and it was surprising how prejudice the black staff were against other races. Staff was quick the play the "race card".
The Executive Director was the only good part about the job and workplace.
I enjoy very much taking care of the elderly.
Personal Assistant caregiver (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 31, 2013
Pros: making people smile and comfortable
At Belmont Village, I started working there with no experience. My main experience was in accounting. When I started to care for the elderly, I realized this is something I really like to do. I moved to Texas to help care for our mom. She had cancer. She now has passed. I moved bake home in California. I am looking for work as a provider or any job having to do with caring for the elderly.
Care giver
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 28, 2013
Helping patient wash, clean, groom, feed, walking, and daily activities
care giver
care giver (Current Employee), Sherman Oaks, CASeptember 4, 2013
I like helping the residents with their daily needs.coordianted their daily activities.
Caregiver/ Activites Assitant
Caregiver and Activity Aid (Former Employee), Oak Park, ILAugust 31, 2013
-Facilitated Actives with the residence
- Flexible to work all shifts as a caregiver
- Art Projects
- Cooking Demonstration
Overall fun working environment
Concierge (Former Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 19, 2013
This is a lock down facility for children so a typical day consists of having a team meeting about how the youth were that day. Bring the youth in and go over afternoon activities, have dinner, get ready for showers, and then they go to sleep. The hardest part about this job is that is was a little stressful. The most enjoyable part was helping the youth learn how to deal with stressful situations so that they can survive within the community.
fun, busy, entertaining
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee), Memphis, TnJuly 29, 2013
I learned a lot about the elderly and what their likes are. I learned how to work freely with other employers. We all helped each other in our daily work load.
An amazing experience
Memory Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 20, 2013
Belmont Village was one of my favorite companies I have worked for. We had an amazing team of managers who fostered a culture of cooperativeness and that transpired into one of the best examples of excellent resident care and happy employees.

1 2 3

$10.50 per hour
Chef Manager
$60,000 per year

Belmont Village Photos

The Great Room: Entry lobby to facility.