Beltone Employee Reviews

Dysfunctional Environment
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 16, 2017
Beltone from the outside looks like an amazing company. Sadly, it was full of under paid patient care coordinatiors and hearing specialist. Which can cause a lot of tension in the office. The patient care coordinator does everything and gets treated like a dog. That is why most patient care coordinators try to become a hearing technician or specialist. Beltone overlook women and they will hire individuals (men) from outside sources that are less qualified. Most specialists are drunks, chain smokers, drug abusers with A type personalities. Most of them have records....and the women that do become specialists are catty and/or have slept their way there. It is very dysfunctional and I would not suggest this company to anyone.
Extremely rewarding
Hearing Instrument Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 31, 2017
Not only is this rewarding financially but it is rewarding emotionally and spiritually. Being able to help someone here who hasn't been many years is quite moving for both the patient and the fitter.
Pros
Great hours, low stress
Cons
Widely variable commission based salary
Not the best
PATIENT CARE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  OhioMay 13, 2017
The patients are great, telemarketing shouldn't be part of a medical office, Office staffed were underpaid and under appreciated. No paid vacation unlesss you were there for 2 years and the insurances was extremely expensive
Treatment boardered on abuse!
Apprentice/PCC (Former Employee) –  Boone, NC, Linville,NC, Wilkesboro,NCApril 11, 2017
Hired into the apprenticeship program but never trained. A former PCC was enlisted to train me and clearly resented the task. The owner would name call and belittle for any mistakes made. Promised one thing but delivered complete opposite!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Expected to travel with no reimbursement, no benefits, no breaks, some days no lunch or eat in car while commuting
Co-workers are fantastic
Hearing Specialist (Current Employee) –  FloridaDecember 6, 2016
I appreciate the opportunity have been able to be licenced as a Hearing Specialist through this company. Overall, the health care and dental benefits are wonderful through Beltone.
Pros
Great benefits
Stable Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILJune 17, 2016
variety of duties, very busy, very fast paced. business is good, company is doing well. large organization, corporate culture, good benefits
A Great Place to Work
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAMay 24, 2016
Working for Beltone is great! The patients are super friendly and so are the staff. You will enjoy working with Beltone! I guarantee it!!!
A great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, KYDecember 4, 2015
I really enjoyed my time at Beltone! I wasn't a fan of telemarketing but overall I really enjoyed my time! The staff was great and management was very professional!
Pros
Great pay, Great hours, Great staff!
pleasent atmosphere to work. freedom to do my work properly
Hearing Aid Specialist (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, VAJuly 8, 2015
very nice and professional people to work for
I have learned to have a lot of empathy for people with hearing needs
my co-workers are so enjoyable to work with
the hardest part of the job is telling a patient that we can not help them. that their hearing is too far gone
the most enjoyable part of my job is when people are amazed at the quality of hearing that we can help them ,with the use of hearing aids
Pros
i am able to conduct my business with no interference from management
Cons
strictly commision
Good hours and nice building
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILDecember 30, 2014
More work than you can complete in 8 hours. Speak with over 60 dealers in regards to facilitating their accounts; i.e.: orders, billing issues, customized planning and other work as assigned. Very little direction, even when training. It is a progressive self-learning style of training with very little guidelines or regimentation. This makes it very hard to set goals and fully achieve them. Their is minimal assistance from Management. Most of the people working their and the dealer network are very nice.
Pros
Great Hours
Cons
Minimal direction, assistance, or goal setting from Management for new hires.
Worked with Older folks and learned great advances on hearing aids.
Secretary (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 4, 2014
Answer phone, Computer work, Scheduled appointments, and confirmed appointments. Assisted in the testing rooms for Spanish speakers. Also worked in the lab area cleaning hearing aids, and replacing batteries. Handled money and credit card machine.
Pros
Was able to work with the older community. Learned great things on hearing aid advancement.
Cons
There was no options for advancement.
ok play to work
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  stuart floridaOctober 14, 2014
Worked here and learned about the HIPPA forms and how to deal with insurance companies
Productive, happy enviroment
Patient Care Coordinator/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 20, 2014
I would up the business and get paperwork/files ready for the work day. I enjoyed working with my co-workers and learned a lot from them. One of the things that I had learned from them was how use the computer programs effectively. The hardest part was having to resolve the computer technical difficulties.
Productive and fun place to work with people
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAMay 7, 2014
Productive and fun place to work with a lot of growth and wonderful owner to work for. Enjoy working with people on a daily basis.
Pros
Good hours, good location, great benefits
liked the work
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Tifton, GADecember 6, 2013
Liked the work and the clients hated business closed great people to work with
Great customers
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Tifton, GANovember 4, 2013
over all Beltone was a nice place to work, the pay was bad, but the people were nice and always understanding. I hated when the business closed
Pros
great people
Cons
business closed
Wonderful!
Hearing Instrument Specialist (Current Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLAugust 18, 2013
It is quite rewarding to meet so many people, get to know about their lives, and to be able to recommend the instrument that would be in THEIR interest! Even more, when they come back to talk about how much their lives have been improved is priceless!
Pros
Feeling of helping to make a clients life better!
Cons
So many people who truely struggle with hearing loss, just don't have the financial ability to be able to afford them.
good place to work
Administration (Former Employee) –  FlJuly 3, 2013
I learned a lot by working there with others, I learned how to manage an office, the headrest part of this job was the older patients. beltone deals with hearing aids. I would love to see the look on my patients face when they can hear better.
Abusive
Licensed-Hearing Aid Fitter (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PANovember 26, 2012
Management only concerned about bottom line. Lousy treatment of employees and clients.
Beltone was a very hostile environment for a christian woman to be in.
Office Manger (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 21, 2012
I had a job that I took great pride and dedication in. There was constant use of foul language and I was expected to work constantly without being paid. I had constant threats and constantly. I always did the best that I could do. One minute I was being praised and the next I was being cussed out and threatened that he did not need me. I was constantly lied to and accused of using foul language that I never have.
Pros
i had a job that i took great pride in my performsnce.
Cons
it was a very hostile working environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beltone. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7